Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Trade Proposals

Old
07-06-2012, 09:42 AM
welcometothebigshow2

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemQ View Post
I understand your reasoning. In relation to the Rockets scouting however, they were one of the few teams in the past couple years that had scouts in each atlantic provinces, and i know their head scout (former now, he was let go earlier this week), he valued the opinions of his local scouts. The rocket had a scout in PEI, one in NS and one in NB.
the atlantic teams will take atlantic players when they have the chance and when they players are available in the right position. In regards to Quebec teams choosing french over english. It's not a language thing, it's a hockey thing. You have to understand that players in quebec, most of them anyway, have to leave home at 14 or 15 in order to be able to play midget AAA hockey. When those kids get to major junior, the adjustement period is next to nil off the ice. And, on the ice, the adjustement period is much shorter. All the midget AAA programs in quebec are sport/study programs. The kids are on the ice daily, and have conditioning coaches, do video work, etc,etc.

In the maritimes, the kids still practice 2x/week, if they have conditioning coaches, they are generally personal one's that the family has hired, etc..etc. You get the picture.
So, if your a team, and your head scout (i believe Peter nevin was the only head scout not from Quebec or montreal), and he has seen a 16yr old play 20 times and knows he can play in the Q, and your other option is a 16yr old who is still living home, can't speak french....the choice is obvious. Were still building hockey teams and you have to make the right choice for the team. If your Moncton, or PEI, and that 16yr old is in your backyard, then the choice could be different.

Great discussion!!! by the way, i had Quillan really high on my scouting list, really liked the kid. However, i did interview Nickerson....lets just say he was scratched off the list after the interview! Sometimes it works out, and sometimes it doesnt!!!
I was never really high on McCabe, and your right, potential takes time to show itself. IMO, he will not pan out, but that's my opinion only. it remains to be seen!!!

cheers!
And that is part of our different views on the way kids pan out.. I personally would rank them
1. Nickerson
2. McCabe
3. Quillan
Just like the way they were drafted. I would like to know, dont say if you dont feel comfortable sharing, but what went wrong in Nickerson's interview? And what dont you like about McCabe? It really interests me because just from watching all 3 players, i thought all had potential to go in the 2nd round, maybe even late first. I think these three, along with McIntyre and Deschenes, will be a very strong core for Team Atlantic.

welcometothebigshow2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 09:59 AM
ClemQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by welcometothebigshow2 View Post
And that is part of our different views on the way kids pan out.. I personally would rank them
1. Nickerson
2. McCabe
3. Quillan
Just like the way they were drafted. I would like to know, dont say if you dont feel comfortable sharing, but what went wrong in Nickerson's interview? And what dont you like about McCabe? It really interests me because just from watching all 3 players, i thought all had potential to go in the 2nd round, maybe even late first. I think these three, along with McIntyre and Deschenes, will be a very strong core for Team Atlantic.
I interviewed a few other players as potential draft choices from his team, and they all said they had a good year, etc, etc. team chemistry was good, coaching was good, bla, bla bla..you get the picture.

Nickerson was blunt when asked if he had a good experience with his coaches this year. His answer was "he's an a$$hol3" . It raises a red flag when several other players who performed well on his team were satisfied with the coaches, and he was so deadset against his coaches. My gut feel was that he was expected to deliver much much more since he had played as a 14yr old last year. So, as i said...it raises a red flag, perhaps he cant handle too much pressure or expectations, criticism, etc..etc
i actually think being drafted later will be good for him. less pressue.

McCabe i just dont see the footwork needed to be successful to be at the junior level.

ClemQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 10:07 AM
welcometothebigshow2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemQ View Post
I interviewed a few other players as potential draft choices from his team, and they all said they had a good year, etc, etc. team chemistry was good, coaching was good, bla, bla bla..you get the picture.

Nickerson was blunt when asked if he had a good experience with his coaches this year. His answer was "he's an a$$hol3" . It raises a red flag when several other players who performed well on his team were satisfied with the coaches, and he was so deadset against his coaches. My gut feel was that he was expected to deliver much much more since he had played as a 14yr old last year. So, as i said...it raises a red flag, perhaps he cant handle too much pressure or expectations, criticism, etc..etc
i actually think being drafted later will be good for him. less pressue.

McCabe i just dont see the footwork needed to be successful to be at the junior level.
I wasnt aware on Nickerson, but were any other players from South Shore ranked high? I could see if they all just said they had good coaching, chemistry, and all that stuff, it was because they didnt have too many other teams interview those players. Id imagine Nickerson would have an agent, so he could prepare him for interviews, and Nickerson probably got interviewed by close to every team. He probably said this because his stock for sure went backwards and he didnt get much better, and thats why he said that. As for McCabe, in the 6-7 games I seen of him this year, I thought he was one of the best skating dmen in the league. But thats just my opinion and im not a scout, so...

welcometothebigshow2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 01:02 PM
ClemQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by welcometothebigshow2 View Post
I wasnt aware on Nickerson, but were any other players from South Shore ranked high? I could see if they all just said they had good coaching, chemistry, and all that stuff, it was because they didnt have too many other teams interview those players. Id imagine Nickerson would have an agent, so he could prepare him for interviews, and Nickerson probably got interviewed by close to every team. He probably said this because his stock for sure went backwards and he didnt get much better, and thats why he said that. As for McCabe, in the 6-7 games I seen of him this year, I thought he was one of the best skating dmen in the league. But thats just my opinion and im not a scout, so...
that's cool! if scouting was a science, everyone would have the same answers! thats part of what makes it fun. You slot a player in a position and if he's available, you take him. The wildcats had him pretty high on their list. Nickerson did have an agent. To be honest, my ranking of him didnt change despite the interview. i would far rather get his honest opinion on a coach or an issue than just a fluffed up answer that sounds good, but is not how he's truely feeling! We just didnt have him that high on our list. I had Quillan before him.

ClemQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 09:03 PM
RJQuack

Quote:
Originally Posted by chsb View Post
And neither are Moncton at the present time with the D you got...depth totally overblown and very little to trade except for spare parts.

RJQuack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 09:04 PM
RJQuack

Quote:
Girard is the #1 in Bathurst as of now.

I don't know how you can say most knowledgeable posters agree with that kind of D order...I can see you do and allow me to have a little midsummer smile at you
Laugh away my friend, as us "knowledgeable" posters have a "midsummer smile/laugh" at your every post

Old
07-08-2012, 10:10 AM
chsb

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalifaxDucks View Post
Laugh away my friend, as us "knowledgeable" posters have a "midsummer smile/laugh" at your every post

Check the D order again!

To suggest that Godin will be the Titan #1 D ahead of Girard is a little bit premature as Girard was the Titan most steady D last season with Murray and he played in all important situations.
Insert Girard as 3rd in order and you standing by that is laughable and shows your lack of knowledge about the Titan.
Godin played a grand total of 9 games last season, 6 of which in the playoffs where you rpbably never have a look at hm.
Tell me how many games you saw Godin play last season before telling all of us that he would be the Titan #1 D next season...

chsb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 01:11 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:
Check the D order again!

To suggest that Godin will be the Titan #1 D ahead of Girard is a little bit premature as Girard was the Titan most steady D last season with Murray and he played in all important situations.
Insert Girard as 3rd in order and you standing by that is laughable and shows your lack of knowledge about the Titan.
Godin played a grand total of 9 games last season, 6 of which in the playoffs where you rpbably never have a look at hm.
Tell me how many games you saw Godin play last season before telling all of us that he would be the Titan #1 D next season...
Their D are very weak. When Girard is your #1 dman , that's a problem if you want to contend.

WildcatMapleLeafs28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 01:03 PM
RJQuack

Quote:
Check the D order again!

Saying Godin/Girard is a #1 isn't good. That's like saying Trey Lewis is a number 1

Halifax, Quebec, BBA, Moncton and Gatineau must be excited that the Titan have Girard as their #1 lol, as he's not a #1 Defenseman.

Old
07-09-2012, 01:13 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:
Saying Godin/Girard is a #1 isn't good. That's like saying Trey Lewis is a number 1

Halifax, Quebec, BBA, Moncton and Gatineau must be excited that the Titan have Girard as their #1 lol, as he's not a #1 Defenseman.
Even worse , he's barely a top 4.

Old
07-10-2012, 04:07 PM
Skylimit

Brandon Shea to Quebec Remparts vs 3rd pick.

slowly Quebec upgrade the depth...

Skylimit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 09:05 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylimit View Post

It hasn't been confirmed though, right? I also heard that , if he reports , Moncton acquires another asset. Maybe a 3rd and conditional pick ?

Old
07-11-2012, 03:00 AM
RJQuack

Quote:

Don't believe everything you hear. They're rumors right now... I don't see this happening at all, knowing Danny (Flynn)

Old
07-11-2012, 05:28 PM
Skylimit

Quote:
Don't believe everything you hear. They're rumors right now... I don't see this happening at all, knowing Danny (Flynn)
pretty sure Shea comes to Quebec Remparts... you will see....

Old
07-11-2012, 06:51 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:
pretty sure Shea comes to Quebec Remparts... you will see....
Maybe so but not for only a 3rd round pick. Probably a conditional 2nd rounder if he reports. That would make sense to me for both sides. Moncton recoup some and Quebec gets a discount for a disgruntled 1st round pick.

Old
07-15-2012, 07:53 AM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

http://www.hockeyscene.com/hockeysce...id=1&nid=12384

MONCTON, NB, July 14, 2012 - Yahoo Sports is reporting that the Moncton Wildcats will trade the CHL rights to American prospect Brandon Shea to Quebec Remparts when the next Quebec Major Junior Hockey League trade period opens in August.

Shea, a 16 year-old right winger, quit the Moncton Wildcats to return home prior to the end of last season saying he wanted to be traded. He was NCAA ineligibile after having played major junior hockey in Canada and so his options were junior hockey in the USJHL or QMJHL He had previously come to the CHL after ducking out of his Boston University commitment.

All Shea could do was be hopeful that a team would be willing to take a flyer on him at some point during the off-season and that appears to have happened.

Shea did not live up the hype that surrounded his recruitment by the Wildcats. In fact he had been a healthy scratch on more than one occasion. He had three goals and 10 points in 45 games.

According to the report, the Wildcats have come to an agreement with Quebec to send Shea to the Remparts for a 3rd-round pick. There won’t be an official announcement until the trade period opens:

Old
07-15-2012, 09:47 AM
Skylimit

Brandon Shea to Quebec Remparts!!!

deal done.

Old
07-15-2012, 05:19 PM
RJQuack

So if he reports, it will put Quebec in prime position to contend in 13-14, and even so this year... I wonder what's coming Moncton's way.

Old
07-15-2012, 05:35 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:
So if he reports, it will put Quebec in prime position to contend in 13-14, and even so this year... I wonder what's coming Moncton's way.
I'm guessing a conditional 2nd rounder is he reports plus the 3rd. I wouldn't mind that , it recoups some of cost of a 1st , 2nd and 6th round picks. Or maybe we send the 3rd back and get a 1st but they don't have any till 2015 I believe. The 1st round pick from Quebec would be a late one. Most likely between #14 - #18.

Old
07-15-2012, 07:14 PM
Skylimit

Quote:
depend alot of Grigorenko for this years.

Grigorenko + Kucherov = Prime position for sure. Dynamic duo.

we will see what happens with euros, waiting for Buffalo plans and for CKSA rights.

have good feeling we will see Grigo + Kucherov with Remparts.

Grigo not NHL rdy and Kucherov wants alot to play for Quebec Remparts.

Old
07-24-2012, 09:27 AM
Patmac40
BESTPOSTERINTHEGAME

Quote:
depend alot of Grigorenko for this years.

Grigorenko + Kucherov = Prime position for sure. Dynamic duo.

we will see what happens with euros, waiting for Buffalo plans and for CKSA rights.

have good feeling we will see Grigo + Kucherov with Remparts.

Grigo not NHL rdy and Kucherov wants alot to play for Quebec Remparts.
Would you rather Kucherov over Sorensen? Because aren't they only allowed 2 import players?

Patmac40 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2012, 02:03 PM
Skylimit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patmac40 View Post
Would you rather Kucherov over Sorensen? Because aren't they only allowed 2 import players?
Sorensen is very very skilled player, but for this years i think Kucherov is the best euro with Grigorenko.

if Grigorenko can be back with Remparts its a no brainer to play with his friend top player Kucherov.

we will see if Grigorenko backs , i think Sorensen will be traded.

but anyways Kucherov + Grigorenko or Kucherov + Sorensen, the Remparts has best forwards euro duo by far in the CHL.

very good season for Remparts fans.

hope maybe news surprises at the camp...

Old
07-24-2012, 09:27 PM
RJQuack

Quote:
Sorensen is very very skilled player, but for this years i think Kucherov is the best euro with Grigorenko.

if Grigorenko can be back with Remparts its a no brainer to play with his friend top player Kucherov.

we will see if Grigorenko backs , i think Sorensen will be traded.

but anyways Kucherov + Grigorenko or Kucherov + Sorensen, the Remparts has best forwards euro duo by far in the CHL.

very good season for Remparts fans.

hope maybe news surprises at the camp...
Seems unlikely they'd bring over Sorensen, who unfortunately blew his knee, and then never play him again... It would be near impossible to trade him. Sorensen/Grigs or Sorensen/Kuch seems like the only thing really... Grigs could go pro..

Old
07-24-2012, 11:06 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
Seems unlikely they'd bring over Sorensen, who unfortunately blew his knee, and then never play him again... It would be near impossible to trade him. Sorensen/Grigs or Sorensen/Kuch seems like the only thing really... Grigs could go pro..
They can trade him, he's very good.

IHaveNoCreativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 02:47 AM
RJQuack

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
They can trade him, he's very good.
Very good yes, but now? He can contribute on a contending team but all the "contenders" are set with euros. He is 17 so that would draw interest from younger bottom teams (CB, Shawi type)... A) What teams have open euros? B) What team will pay his price if they have an open slot?