HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Burke Marching marching in the Pride Parade tomorrow

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-01-2012, 02:18 AM
  #151
smoke meat pete*
VoiceofReason
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,905
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotpaws View Post
Whatever floats your boat i guess .
Oh, and as for the question you never asked, Burke could have attended any event, but he was busy this week with Special Olympics and Ducks Unlimited.

As for this cause, this is their premier event, the one with the greatest impact. He feels a need to be there, in honour of his son. I both respect that, and have walked in his shoes. I respect his decision, and I don't give a damn what you think he's supposed to do in that hour tomorrow afternoon.

smoke meat pete* is offline  
Old
07-01-2012, 02:21 AM
  #152
Shak19
Registered User
 
Shak19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,160
vCash: 500
burke is thinking outside the box, looking at new ways to fill out the bottom 6

Shak19 is offline  
Old
07-01-2012, 02:23 AM
  #153
clawfirst
Registered User
 
clawfirst's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 935
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotpaws View Post
God bless you as well but i'm still waiting for someone to answer why Burke couldn't attend another event that didn't conflict with the start of the UFA period .
Quite simply because the pride parade is held on the same day as the NHL's free agency begins. I understand this might be difficult to come to terms with, but sometimes the actions and duties of a president override that of a GM. Luckily it would be quite easy for a GM to disclose his intentions to his support staff and allow them to carry out the duties when such a conflict arises. I understand this is a difficult concept so I will create an analogy in order to further simplify the concept.

Mess is out of milk but also has to attend the gay pride rally as a public display of tolerance. Mess instructs you "hotpaws" to please pick up a bag of 2% on the way home from your busy day.You deliver the milk at you leisure. Incredibly Mess attends the parade and gets a bag of milk.

Feel free to ask more questions if you do so desire.

Good night and god bless.

clawfirst is offline  
Old
07-01-2012, 02:32 AM
  #154
Winreims
Registered User
 
Winreims's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,943
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by clawfirst View Post
Quite simply because the pride parade is held on the same day as the NHL's free agency begins. I understand this might be difficult to come to terms with, but sometimes the actions and duties of a president override that of a GM. Luckily it would be quite easy for a GM to disclose his intentions to his support staff and allow them to carry out the duties when such a conflict arises. I understand this is a difficult concept so I will create an analogy in order to further simplify the concept.

Mess is out of milk but also has to attend the gay pride rally as a public display of tolerance. Mess instructs you "hotpaws" to please pick up a bag of 2% on the way home from your busy day. Incredibly Mess attends the parade and gets a bag of milk.

Feel free to ask more questions if you do so desire.

Good night and god bless.
What if fans have more faith in "Mess" to pick up the milk rather than "hotpaws"? Some people would rather "Mess" put his job as #1 priority and pick up the milk himself. You see, "Mess" is close to losing his job if results aren't pleasant this upcoming season. Maybe, just maybe, it would give fans more hope to see "Mess" doing his job and picking up that bag of 2% milk.

Winreims is offline  
Old
07-01-2012, 02:42 AM
  #155
hotpaws
Registered User
 
hotpaws's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 9,061
vCash: 2500
Quote:
Originally Posted by clawfirst View Post
Quite simply because the pride parade is held on the same day as the NHL's free agency begins. I understand this might be difficult to come to terms with, but sometimes the actions and duties of a president override that of a GM. Luckily it would be quite easy for a GM to disclose his intentions to his support staff and allow them to carry out the duties when such a conflict arises. I understand this is a difficult concept so I will create an analogy in order to further simplify the concept.

Mess is out of milk but also has to attend the gay pride rally as a public display of tolerance. Mess instructs you "hotpaws" to please pick up a bag of 2% on the way home from your busy day.You deliver the milk at you leisure. Incredibly Mess attends the parade and gets a bag of milk.

Feel free to ask more questions if you do so desire.

Good night and god bless.
When did it become mandatory that Burke as President of the Leafs he has to attend every event that occurs in the city ? The idiot mayor has no problems skipping every event associated with gay pride week but somehow Burke has to be there ?

Burke's main respondsibilty is too build a contender and his role as GM superseeds his role as President in this case .

I understand and respect his personel reasons for wanting to show support but there are many other events and many other ways he could have done this which didn't conflict with his responsiblities as GM .

hotpaws is online now  
Old
07-01-2012, 02:44 AM
  #156
MorriPage
Registered User
 
MorriPage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Earth
Country: Canada
Posts: 720
vCash: 500
As long as Burke keeps his cell on and answers it the second it rings every time, I couldn't care less about him going to the parade. He can put in all the face time he wants, but he had better be working the entire time.

MorriPage is offline  
Old
07-01-2012, 02:52 AM
  #157
Tak7
Registered User
 
Tak7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: GTA or the UK
Posts: 7,911
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotpaws View Post
When did it become mandatory that Burke as President of the Leafs he has to attend every event that occurs in the city ? The idiot mayor has no problems skipping every event associated with gay pride week but somehow Burke has to be there ?

Burke's main respondsibilty is too build a contender and his role as GM superseeds his role as President in this case .

I understand and respect his personel reasons for wanting to show support but there are many other events and many other ways he could have done this which didn't conflict with his responsiblities as GM .
Why is that? Because you said so...?

I'm genuinely shocked that there are people here criticizing him for wanting to be involved in the parade; he has deep personal reasons, which is reason enough for him to be there. You wouldn't re-arrange your work to attend something deeply important? Of course you ****ing would. Guess I shouldn't be surprised seeing as how pathetic the vocal majority of our fan base is.

He's got a strong team in place; he was abroad last summer on July 1st. He clearly trusts Nonis and the other staff. I'm sure he will constantly be in communication with his team all day. It's not a big deal at all.

NOTE - on the issue of his responsibilities pertaining to the city, I don't mind it one bit. In fact, I encourage it. Fact remains - this team for all the wrong reasons has a peculiar and strange relationship with it's fans; a twisted & messed up one. He's there to try and bring that team closer to the fans & the city and I don't have a problem with that at all. He values community integration, so we, as the community, shouldn't complain about it.

Tak7 is offline  
Old
07-01-2012, 02:54 AM
  #158
MorriPage
Registered User
 
MorriPage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Earth
Country: Canada
Posts: 720
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak7 View Post
Why is that? Because you said so...?

I'm genuinely shocked that there are people here criticizing him for wanting to be involved in the parade; he has deep personal reasons, which is reason enough for him to be there. You wouldn't re-arrange your work to attend something deeply important? Of course you ****ing would. Guess I shouldn't be surprised seeing as how pathetic the vocal majority of our fan base is.

He's got a strong team in place; he was abroad last summer on July 1st. He clearly trusts Nonis and the other staff. I'm sure he will constantly be in communication with his team all day. It's not a big deal at all.

NOTE - on the issue of his responsibilities pertaining to the city, I don't mind it one bit. In fact, I encourage it. Fact remains - this team for all the wrong reasons has a peculiar and strange relationship with it's fans; a twisted & messed up one. He's there to try and bring that team closer to the fans & the city and I don't have a problem with that at all. He values community integration, so we, as the community, shouldn't complain about it.
Agree with all of this. The bolded section sums up exactly what I said, albeit in a much more concise manner.

MorriPage is offline  
Old
07-01-2012, 02:57 AM
  #159
mooseOAK*
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 42,437
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotpaws View Post
When did it become mandatory that Burke as President of the Leafs he has to attend every event that occurs in the city ? The idiot mayor has no problems skipping every event associated with gay pride week but somehow Burke has to be there ?

Burke's main respondsibilty is too build a contender and his role as GM superseeds his role as President in this case .

I understand and respect his personel reasons for wanting to show support but there are many other events and many other ways he could have done this which didn't conflict with his responsiblities as GM .
His job is President and GM. A little research is all that is needed to learn that plus the common sense to know that Burke wouldn't place a parade ahead of his job.

mooseOAK* is offline  
Old
07-01-2012, 03:02 AM
  #160
Tak7
Registered User
 
Tak7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: GTA or the UK
Posts: 7,911
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseOAK View Post
His job is President and GM. A little research is all that is needed to learn that plus the common sense to know that Burke wouldn't place a parade ahead of his job.
What!? I thought it said Brian Burke: GM > President of the Toronto Maple Leafs.................

Tak7 is offline  
Old
07-01-2012, 03:09 AM
  #161
hotpaws
Registered User
 
hotpaws's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 9,061
vCash: 2500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak7 View Post
Why is that? Because you said so...?

I'm genuinely shocked that there are people here criticizing him for wanting to be involved in the parade; he has deep personal reasons, which is reason enough for him to be there. You wouldn't re-arrange your work to attend something deeply important? Of course you ****ing would. Guess I shouldn't be surprised seeing as how pathetic the vocal majority of our fan base is.

He's got a strong team in place; he was abroad last summer on July 1st. He clearly trusts Nonis and the other staff. I'm sure he will constantly be in communication with his team all day. It's not a big deal at all.

NOTE - on the issue of his responsibilities pertaining to the city, I don't mind it one bit. In fact, I encourage it. Fact remains - this team for all the wrong reasons has a peculiar and strange relationship with it's fans; a twisted & messed up one. He's there to try and bring that team closer to the fans & the city and I don't have a problem with that at all. He values community integration, so we, as the community, shouldn't complain about it.
So you're saying attending a parade is more important than being at work for one of the most important times of the year . This is in reference to his dual roles as president/gm.

Why is it some posters keep ignoring there are more events during gay pride week than just the parade .

What strong team are you taliking about . There's Nonis and Granpa who gave us Finger or maybe the other guy who thought Lebda was a quality signing . They arn't what i call a strong team and Burke's paid the big bucks for a reason and that's to actually be at his job at certain times .


Last edited by hotpaws: 07-01-2012 at 03:23 AM.
hotpaws is online now  
Old
07-01-2012, 03:12 AM
  #162
hotpaws
Registered User
 
hotpaws's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 9,061
vCash: 2500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseOAK View Post
His job is President and GM. A little research is all that is needed to learn that plus the common sense to know that Burke wouldn't place a parade ahead of his job.
Maybe if you read a couple of posts up you'd realize i said he had the dual role . Maybe a litte common sense would stop you from posting crap .


Last edited by hotpaws: 07-01-2012 at 03:18 AM.
hotpaws is online now  
Old
07-01-2012, 04:00 AM
  #163
tp71
Enjoy every sandwich
 
tp71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: London
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,054
vCash: 460
I just wonder what period of life I just stepped into. Do some of you kids in here realize there are certain technological advancements in place that allow Burke to take FOURTY FIVE MINUTES, (I know I know, it seems like the whole day), to step away from his desk to HONOUR HIS SON'S MEMORY, and still be alert and aware of going on?

There's this little device that is around nowadays. It's called a cellphone. You people may have heard of it. It actually would allow Nonis, Poulin or Fletcher the ability to call or text or email Brian Burke during the FOURTY FIVE MINUTES, he is away from his desk for the MEMORY OF HIS SON, if anything major should happen.

Burke can then step off to the side of this parade, and answer this text, call or email and talk to Nonis, Poulin or Fletcher about the major development and they can make a judgement on what to do in the situation.

I know, that's some crazy stuff I just wrote out, but please, take a moment to soak it all in and grasp the idea....


Now, I have to say there are a few individuals I'm just absolutely and utterly embarrassed by here reading through this. It's an absolute shame that certain things have been said because of some dislike for a certain man who is our President and GM of our beloved team. There's one poster in here that I am saddened by here tonight. I won't say who, but I hope they know who they are. I would hope they step away from their computer and hang their head in shame. I'm absolutely and utterly disgusted from what I've read. It's pathetic.

Fourty five ****ing minutes to honour something that is MORE important than free agents, the Maple Leafs, the NHL, hockey and certainly all of us who post and read this website regularly. His son and his family are miles more important, and I know we all want to see the Leafs improve, but he'll have everything laid out for the fourty five minutes he needs to do what should be clear to all of us that this is acceptable activity for him, irregardless of the day it is tomorrow. If whoever the Leafs are coveting tomorrow and in the next few months can't grasp all of that, which I hope all of you in here can, well that player can simply go **** himself and doesn't deserve to wear the Maple Leaf across his chest.

To everyone who has displayed some...just disgusting posting and behavior tonight, grow the **** up.

tp71 is offline  
Old
07-01-2012, 05:46 AM
  #164
blasted_Sabre
Global Moderator
Warden of the North
 
blasted_Sabre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Muskoka
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,796
vCash: 500
Good for burke. proud of our team and staff #firstclassorganization

blasted_Sabre is offline  
Old
07-01-2012, 07:16 AM
  #165
ForSpareParts*
agreement
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 5,904
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tp71 View Post
I just wonder what period of life I just stepped into. Do some of you kids in here realize there are certain technological advancements in place that allow Burke to take FOURTY FIVE MINUTES, (I know I know, it seems like the whole day), to step away from his desk to HONOUR HIS SON'S MEMORY, and still be alert and aware of going on?

There's this little device that is around nowadays. It's called a cellphone. You people may have heard of it. It actually would allow Nonis, Poulin or Fletcher the ability to call or text or email Brian Burke during the FOURTY FIVE MINUTES, he is away from his desk for the MEMORY OF HIS SON, if anything major should happen.

Burke can then step off to the side of this parade, and answer this text, call or email and talk to Nonis, Poulin or Fletcher about the major development and they can make a judgement on what to do in the situation.

I know, that's some crazy stuff I just wrote out, but please, take a moment to soak it all in and grasp the idea....


Now, I have to say there are a few individuals I'm just absolutely and utterly embarrassed by here reading through this. It's an absolute shame that certain things have been said because of some dislike for a certain man who is our President and GM of our beloved team. There's one poster in here that I am saddened by here tonight. I won't say who, but I hope they know who they are. I would hope they step away from their computer and hang their head in shame. I'm absolutely and utterly disgusted from what I've read. It's pathetic.

Fourty five ****ing minutes to honour something that is MORE important than free agents, the Maple Leafs, the NHL, hockey and certainly all of us who post and read this website regularly. His son and his family are miles more important, and I know we all want to see the Leafs improve, but he'll have everything laid out for the fourty five minutes he needs to do what should be clear to all of us that this is acceptable activity for him, irregardless of the day it is tomorrow. If whoever the Leafs are coveting tomorrow and in the next few months can't grasp all of that, which I hope all of you in here can, well that player can simply go **** himself and doesn't deserve to wear the Maple Leaf across his chest.

To everyone who has displayed some...just disgusting posting and behavior tonight, grow the **** up.
Even if he steps away for 3 hours I could care less. Why do people imagine this day as a "war room" scenario? Can't UFAs be signed tomorrow or the day after? Haven't teams and agents put things in place before today?

Grow
Up
Most
Of
You

ForSpareParts* is offline  
Old
07-01-2012, 07:16 AM
  #166
Hurt
Moderator
 
Hurt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,630
vCash: 500
What a nightmare of a thread. It will be closed tonight (or earlier if other mods decide it's not worth the hassle). I just deleted far too many posts to be pleased with. Just stop with the nonsense people.

__________________
Shoot me a PM with your concerns. Also, come visit us in the Science Forum!
Hurt is online now  
Old
07-01-2012, 08:35 AM
  #167
RogerRoeper*
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 21,852
vCash: 500
Who cares? There's no one to sign. Are there people on here who think the Leafs will sign Parise and Suter?

RogerRoeper* is offline  
Old
07-01-2012, 08:38 AM
  #168
robdicks
Registered User
 
robdicks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Welland ON
Posts: 5,518
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForSpareParts View Post
Even if he steps away for 3 hours I could care less. Why do people imagine this day as a "war room" scenario? Can't UFAs be signed tomorrow or the day after? Haven't teams and agents put things in place before today?

Grow
Up
Most
Of
You
Not to mention Burke has a huge management team that he can lean on. Two of which are former GMs that if I may say so, were pretty good in their own right.

robdicks is offline  
Old
07-01-2012, 08:41 AM
  #169
MeoTwist
Registered User
 
MeoTwist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 331
vCash: 500
Just an observation, but remember the outrage last year when Burkie was in Afghanistan supporting the troops when he was supposed to be doing the UFA thing on July 1st? No outrage this year, though...

MeoTwist is offline  
Old
07-01-2012, 08:44 AM
  #170
robdicks
Registered User
 
robdicks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Welland ON
Posts: 5,518
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwist View Post
Just an observation, but remember the outrage last year when Burkie was in Afghanistan supporting the troops when he was supposed to be doing the UFA thing on July 1st? No outrage this year, though...
You just wait... this is going to be blown up in the media too. If not I think it is just because of Brendan.

If Brendan was a troop that fought in Afghanistan, they probably would have taken it easier on him then too.

robdicks is offline  
Old
07-01-2012, 08:50 AM
  #171
mikedumar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 285
vCash: 500
some of you truly need to get your heads checked

humanity over any stupid silly sports team

he is honouring and remembering his son who he lost, by attending the parade

i could give a ratass if he doesnt sign some multimillion dollar celebrity today

mikedumar is offline  
Old
07-01-2012, 08:57 AM
  #172
ULF_55
Global Moderator
 
ULF_55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Mountain Standard Ti
Posts: 58,422
vCash: 500
Okay everyone knows where he'll be for some time.

/thread

__________________
http://kuklaskorner.com/index.php/ps...e_corsi_issues

Desjardins estimates that about 40% of the game is captured by Corsi analysis.
ULF_55 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:16 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.