HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Zach Parise - pending UFA Part 2

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-24-2012, 09:25 PM
  #1
JawandaPuck
Moderator
Lost Art of Dynasty
 
JawandaPuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Vancouver BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,304
vCash: 500
Zach Parise - pending UFA Part 2

NJD
MIN
DET
PIT
etc






__________________
Follow JawandaPuck on Twitter and Blogspot - all revenue from Google Ads is donated to the Canucks for Kids Fund (CFKF) in support of the Canucks Autism Network (CAN).
JawandaPuck is offline  
Old
06-24-2012, 09:28 PM
  #2
Grant
LL Genius
 
Grant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: London
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,851
vCash: 3259
Thanks

Grant is offline  
Old
06-24-2012, 09:30 PM
  #3
Jules Winnfield
I gives no ****s!!!
 
Jules Winnfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 5,884
vCash: 500

Jules Winnfield is offline  
Old
06-24-2012, 09:32 PM
  #4
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!
 
Saugus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Connecticut
Country: United States
Posts: 97,500
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogelthorpe View Post
Apparently he wouldn't give up 20mil to win a cup in LA
This is pretty disingenuous. At the time Kovalchuk signed his contract, LA didn't have many of the core players they ended up winning the Cup with. He couldn't have known what would happen two years in the future. He figured that both teams would be contenders in the coming years, and chose the one that offered him more money. I don't see what's wrong with that, and it definitely doesn't fit your argument of him chasing the money and not caring about the Cup.

Saugus is offline  
Old
06-24-2012, 09:34 PM
  #5
ColePens
Global Moderator
Your Savior
 
ColePens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Pittsburgh
Country: United States
Posts: 33,009
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ColePens
This is part 2 of the thread that just hit 1,000. It's a continuation and that's why the OP just kicked things off instead of a proposal. Let's keep all speculation on Parise here.

ColePens is offline  
Old
06-24-2012, 09:35 PM
  #6
Ogelthorpe
Who do you play for?
 
Ogelthorpe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 1,507
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugus View Post
This is pretty disingenuous. At the time Kovalchuk signed his contract, LA didn't have many of the core players they ended up winning the Cup with. He couldn't have known what would happen two years in the future. He figured that both teams would be contenders in the coming years, and chose the one that offered him more money. I don't see what's wrong with that, and it definitely doesn't fit your argument of him chasing the money and not caring about the Cup.
Yes...notice the naughty face next to the post....not totally being serious.

Ogelthorpe is offline  
Old
06-24-2012, 09:36 PM
  #7
HeliDevil
Ride the Schneid
 
HeliDevil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Country: United States
Posts: 6,368
vCash: 500
Well at least we can all agree that his fiance is smokin' hot

HeliDevil is offline  
Old
06-24-2012, 09:36 PM
  #8
SilverHaireDevil
Registered User
 
SilverHaireDevil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,395
vCash: 500
I think he will re-sign with the Devils.

SilverHaireDevil is offline  
Old
06-24-2012, 09:37 PM
  #9
Shellz
Registered User
 
Shellz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: California
Posts: 17,313
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunk Devil View Post
Well at least we can all agree that his fiance is smokin' hot
He's better looking though

Shellz is offline  
Old
06-24-2012, 09:38 PM
  #10
thrillermiller89
Registered User
 
thrillermiller89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: San Jose
Country: United States
Posts: 1,409
vCash: 500
pens and flyers will take a run at him

ultimately im not sure where he'll go

thrillermiller89 is offline  
Old
06-24-2012, 09:39 PM
  #11
AgentM
Registered User
 
AgentM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Allison Park, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,830
vCash: 500
Is that his house?!?! O_o

AgentM is offline  
Old
06-24-2012, 09:39 PM
  #12
Ishad
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,117
vCash: 500
It won't be Detroit

Ishad is offline  
Old
06-24-2012, 09:48 PM
  #13
MNState0fHockey
Registered User
 
MNState0fHockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Country: United States
Posts: 704
vCash: 500
Star Tribune: Fletcher Will Be Confronting the Sales Job of the Century

http://www.sportsfanlive.com/web/art...ld&tid=twitter

MNState0fHockey is offline  
Old
06-24-2012, 09:50 PM
  #14
MNState0fHockey
Registered User
 
MNState0fHockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Country: United States
Posts: 704
vCash: 500
Best case scenario for Wild fans, because I don't think we get either without obnoxiously over-paying (which I'm fearful we'll do, especially with Parise), is to really drive up the price for these guys.

MNState0fHockey is offline  
Old
06-24-2012, 09:57 PM
  #15
B A T M A N
Risen
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Gotham
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,433
vCash: 500
Only way Minnesota gets Parise is if they offer the absolute maximum for him.

Which is, what now? 12M? I'd laugh so hard if they signed him to that deal.

B A T M A N is offline  
Old
06-24-2012, 09:58 PM
  #16
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!
 
Saugus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Connecticut
Country: United States
Posts: 97,500
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by MNState0fHockey View Post
Best case scenario for Wild fans, because I don't think we get either without obnoxiously over-paying (which I'm fearful we'll do, especially with Parise), is to really drive up the price for these guys.
Why? You're not in the same division or even the same conference. What difference does it make for Minnesota to raise the price on Parise for teams they rarely see?

Saugus is offline  
Old
06-24-2012, 10:01 PM
  #17
MNState0fHockey
Registered User
 
MNState0fHockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Country: United States
Posts: 704
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepard VI View Post
Only way Minnesota gets Parise is if they offer the absolute maximum for him.

Which is, what now? 12M? I'd laugh so hard if they signed him to that deal.
I don't think it would take nearly that much.

MNState0fHockey is offline  
Old
06-24-2012, 10:03 PM
  #18
MNState0fHockey
Registered User
 
MNState0fHockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Country: United States
Posts: 704
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugus View Post
Why? You're not in the same division or even the same conference. What difference does it make for Minnesota to raise the price on Parise for teams they rarely see?
Well, we'll probably eventually be in the same division as Detroit, and it will make it harder for some of these teams to compete for future free agents. No offense to New Jersey, because if he can't come to the Wild, I'd like to see him stay put.

MNState0fHockey is offline  
Old
06-24-2012, 11:07 PM
  #19
Ogelthorpe
Who do you play for?
 
Ogelthorpe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 1,507
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MNState0fHockey View Post
Star Tribune: Fletcher Will Be Confronting the Sales Job of the Century

http://www.sportsfanlive.com/web/art...ld&tid=twitter
Nice Article. However, if Fletcher's plan is to sell young guys able to be competitive for the length of the contract, couldn't Pittsburgh say the same but with with a more immediate impact. After all, the core guys from Pittsburgh that he mentioned are all younger than Parise, except MAF, and much further advanced than the Wild prospects. I'd think that plan may work against some teams, but not Pittsburgh, whose core is younger than Zach.

Ogelthorpe is offline  
Old
06-24-2012, 11:13 PM
  #20
MNState0fHockey
Registered User
 
MNState0fHockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Country: United States
Posts: 704
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogelthorpe View Post
Nice Article. However, if Fletcher's plan is to sell young guys able to be competitive for the length of the contract, couldn't Pittsburgh say the same but with with a more immediate impact. After all, the core guys from Pittsburgh that he mentioned are all younger than Parise, except MAF, and much further advanced than the Wild prospects. I'd think that plan may work against some teams, but not Pittsburgh, whose core is younger than Zach.
I think Fletcher will sell the following:

1. We'll pay you more than anyone else
2. The pieces are coming together, so we're not far off
3. Local connections

Like I said before, only way I see it working is to really over pay, which I'm genuinely afraid they might do.

MNState0fHockey is offline  
Old
06-24-2012, 11:16 PM
  #21
FrankUllah
Registered User
 
FrankUllah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 78
vCash: 500
If he signs with Pittsburgh imma take poop while doing a handstand

FrankUllah is offline  
Old
06-24-2012, 11:18 PM
  #22
Wingsfan2965*
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 6,610
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MNState0fHockey View Post
Well, we'll probably eventually be in the same division as Detroit, and it will make it harder for some of these teams to compete for future free agents. No offense to New Jersey, because if he can't come to the Wild, I'd like to see him stay put.
They need to get rid of that stupid top four teams from the division make the playoffs idea before they allow the realignment.

Because Detroit, Chicago, STL, and Minnesota are all gonna have very good teams over the next 5-10 years, and I can only assume one other out of NSH, CLB, DAL, and WPG will probably be somewhat competitive in that time as well.

Wingsfan2965* is offline  
Old
06-24-2012, 11:21 PM
  #23
MNState0fHockey
Registered User
 
MNState0fHockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Country: United States
Posts: 704
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingsfan2965 View Post
They need to get rid of that stupid top four teams from the division make the playoffs idea before they allow the realignment.

Because Detroit, Chicago, STL, and Minnesota are all gonna have very good teams over the next 5-10 years, and I can only assume one other out of NSH, CLB, DAL, and WPG will probably be somewhat competitive in that time as well.
Totally agree.

MNState0fHockey is offline  
Old
06-24-2012, 11:32 PM
  #24
Bonesy99
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 573
vCash: 500
I personally feel the pens make a play at Suter first. If Suter elects to sign fairly quick with them then they quickly try to find a team who was in on him to take Martin for scraps and then push for Parise. They can potentially get both (Highly unlikely), or they can get niether (Quite possible)... But either way they will make a play for both

Bonesy99 is offline  
Old
06-24-2012, 11:53 PM
  #25
Jaded-Fan
Registered User
 
Jaded-Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 32,950
vCash: 500
SI: The Nuclear option.




Report: Pittsburgh Penguins plan to ‘go nuclear,’ target Zach Parise, Ryan Suter

The Pittsburgh Penguins are expected to make a play for both defenseman Ryan Suter (above) and forward Zach Parise in free agency. (Christian Petersen/Getty Images)

After shedding Jordan Staal’s contract by trading him over the weekend, the Pittsburgh Penguins plan to “go nuclear” with a large chunk of salary cap room and target both forward Zach Parise and defenseman Ryan Suter in free agency, The Pittsburgh Tribune-Review reported Sunday.


http://tracking.si.com/2012/06/25/pi...r-free-agency/

Jaded-Fan is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:33 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.