HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jets - Free Agents, Trades, Rumors, Speculation - Off Season 2012-13 (Part IX)

Closed Thread

Old
07-25-2012, 07:41 PM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

vCash: 500
I actually don't view THN very highly... They, like most magazines, combine the thoughts of some legitimate hocky experts and some opinionated retards.
There's a lot of media out there that's pretty ridiculous.

Old
07-25-2012, 08:40 PM
Sweech
COYS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by garret9 View Post
I actually don't view THN very highly... They, like most magazines, combine the thoughts of some legitimate hocky experts and some opinionated retards.
There's a lot of media out there that's pretty ridiculous.
I agree.

I just like hearing my team get praise, no matter the source. I'm sort of a homer that way...

It makes me feel like this:

Old
07-25-2012, 09:11 PM
puck stoppa

If a guy can predict whether a team drafts well after round one he would be the best GM in the world! Im sure those same guys would have predicted Zetterburg to be a star after he got drafted in round 9. Its a crapshoot in the later rounds and you just simply hope to find a diamond in rough. Or if you get really lucky, you find free agents like Curtis Joseph or Alex Burrows and sign them.

Old
07-25-2012, 10:23 PM
blues10

Quote:
Originally Posted by YWGinYYZ View Post
Here's the tweet:

https://twitter.com/WHLFromAbove/sta...05314472816640

No link to an article though. THN fudged all over the Jokinen signing - rated it in the top 10 worst FA pick-ups this year. In general, their articles have been somewhat negative, so I'm not hopeful that they had anything positive to say about the Jets draft selections.
The August 1 issue seemed to like the OJ siging. "the Jets accomplished one of GM KC summer goals, getting bigger" Jokinnen will be assured top six minutes and should help a thin forward group that lacked a true first line"

Old
07-25-2012, 11:29 PM
sipowicz
The Original

vCash: 800
Will the Jets ice a Leaf's line: Antro, Wellwood and Ponky. Pretty decent third line.

Old
07-26-2012, 02:11 AM
PostmanPat1919

Quote:
Originally Posted by sipowicz View Post
Will the Jets ice a Leaf's line: Antro, Wellwood and Ponky. Pretty decent third line.
I think in this case there's room for Wellwood and Burmistrov to be flipping with each other along the right side. We'll probably see a significant amount of Ponikarovsky/Antropov/Wellwood either way this season.

Old
07-26-2012, 03:34 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Burmistrov showed interest to play for Ak Bars Kazan (KHL) since 13/14 season when his NHL contract expires. It was said by Ak Bars coach

Quote:
Мы хотели бы видеть его в своей команде, но у Саши контракт в НХЛ. Посмотрим, может быть получится подписать его в следующем году. Желание играть в «Ак Барсе» у него есть.
google

Quote:
We would like to see him in my team, but Sasha's contract in the NHL. Let's see, maybe get to sign it next year. The desire to play "Ak Bars" he has.

Old
07-26-2012, 04:37 AM
YWGinYYZ
Global Moderator
Alien Hockey Wizard

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by blues10 View Post
The August 1 issue seemed to like the OJ siging. "the Jets accomplished one of GM KC summer goals, getting bigger" Jokinnen will be assured top six minutes and should help a thin forward group that lacked a true first line"
Which is what I don't get: they then publish/post an article a few weeks later calling it one of the 10 worst moves of FA.

Old
07-26-2012, 04:50 AM
DespoticNewt

vCash: 720
And another Burmistrov rumour. Wasn't it a GM that shot down the last rumour started by a KHL coach? Coaches need to keep quiet their fantasies and fancies and leave the player acquisition to the GMs.

Old
07-26-2012, 06:35 AM
ps241
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Which is what I don't get: they then publish/post an article a few weeks later calling it one of the 10 worst moves of FA.
Left hand.......meet your right hand

Different journalists I assume but the optics make them seem like the gang that couldn't shoot strait.

Old
07-26-2012, 07:44 AM
Grind
Stomacheache AllStar

my respect for thn dropped considerably over the last teo years. It reakky shouldnt be called the hocky news, it should be called the toronto detroit and pittsburg official fan club happy good time magazine. Im pretty sure they published anbarticle about crosby cjanfing which brand of toothpaste he uses.... egjk

Old
07-26-2012, 08:04 AM
YWGinYYZ
Global Moderator
Alien Hockey Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grind View Post
my respect for thn dropped considerably over the last teo years. It reakky shouldnt be called the hocky news, it should be called the toronto detroit and pittsburg official fan club happy good time magazine. Im pretty sure they published anbarticle about crosby cjanfing which brand of toothpaste he uses.... egjk
Grind: if I'm not being too forward, can I suggest that you get a smartphone from the last decade that has auto-correct?

Agree about THN. Personally, I find there's little to tie together the articles in terms of continuity, especially on their website - almost appears as if their contributors don't read the editorials / articles from other contributors.

Old
07-26-2012, 08:10 AM
Grind
Stomacheache AllStar

Quote:
Grind: if I'm not being too forward, can I suggest that you get a smartphone from the last decade that has auto-correct?

Agree about THN. Personally, I find there's little to tie together the articles in terms of continuity, especially on their website - almost appears as if their contributors don't read the editorials / articles from other contributors.
This site is the only one that doesnt trigger auto correct for some reason....

Old
07-26-2012, 08:32 AM
Guerzy
HFBoards Sponsor

I enjoy Grind's posts all the time, and when they come through from his phone, I enjoy them even more.

"The ‘now’ is very good in Chicago. The ‘now’ back in the days when they were drafting first, second and third? It wasn’t very good. But the core of fans that stuck with them, if you asked them now, I betcha they’d say it was worth it.” - Kevin Cheveldayoff
Old
07-26-2012, 08:41 AM
YWGinYYZ
Global Moderator
Alien Hockey Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grind View Post
This site is the only one that doesnt trigger auto correct for some reason....
Just yankin' your chain. I actually quite like the majority of your posts, even the phone based ones - you still get the gist, but they're also good for a laugh or two. Occasionally, it appears as if you've had a few too many libations half-way through the message. Grrakjjk!

Old
07-26-2012, 11:53 AM
Zine

Quote:
Originally Posted by DespoticNewt View Post
And another Burmistrov rumour. Wasn't it a GM that shot down the last rumour started by a KHL coach? Coaches need to keep quiet their fantasies and fancies and leave the player acquisition to the GMs.
What rumor was that?

Anyways, Burmistrov is skating with Ak Bars at the moment (training camp). Who knows if he'll sign next year, but he's definitely keeping close to the team.

Old
07-26-2012, 11:56 AM
WJG
Running and Rioting

I doubt Burmi would go to the KHL anytime soon.

Most Russian players that go the CHL route have their heart set on playing in the NHL. In Burmi's case, he went straight to the NHL after being drafted (ie. not having to spend time in the minors) and last season he finished the year as our second line center.

Granted, his role may diminish this year if he plays on the third line with Poni and Antro, but as of right now, he's gotten everything he could ask for as a player.

Old
07-26-2012, 11:59 AM
Guerzy
HFBoards Sponsor

The only thing that worried me a bit with Burmistrov is his reported lack of communication and willingness to listen towards the organization and I believe it was his teammates. That one article after the season where a player said he didn't listen to coaches or teammates and would only listen to Antropov, is a bit concerning.

If this isn't a comfortable situation for Burmistrov, perhaps he will consider the KHL in a years time?

Old
07-26-2012, 12:30 PM
PaperRockChamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerzy View Post
The only thing that worried me a bit with Burmistrov is his reported lack of communication and willingness to listen towards the organization and I believe it was his teammates. That one article after the season where a player said he didn't listen to coaches or teammates and would only listen to Antropov, is a bit concerning.

If this isn't a comfortable situation for Burmistrov, perhaps he will consider the KHL in a years time?

a JETS PLAYER said that in an article? why am I skeptical?

Old
07-26-2012, 12:35 PM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpggrown View Post

a JETS PLAYER said that in an article? why am I skeptical?
The kid is a well known rink-rat and that's his home town...
I don't have that much fear

Old
07-26-2012, 12:38 PM
pjfanman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerzy View Post

Dmitry Chesnokov ‏@dchesnokov

#KHL Ak Bars coach tells club's website #Jets' forward Burmistrov (who is currently practicing w/AK Bars) may come back to RUS next year.

Old
07-26-2012, 12:48 PM
Thrashers94
We fly as one

Wouldn't mind us picking up Bobby Butler on waivers. He had one bad year.

Old
07-26-2012, 12:49 PM
JustBeCool
boom shakalaka

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjfanman View Post
Dmitry Chesnokov ‏@dchesnokov

#KHL Ak Bars coach tells club's website #Jets' forward Burmistrov (who is currently practicing w/AK Bars) may come back to RUS next year.
A backup plan for Burmi if there is a lockout perhaps? Kinda unnerving though I have to say.

EDIT: Okay apparently the tweet meant for 2013/2014 year when Burmi is not under contract with the Jets.

Old
07-26-2012, 01:17 PM
vorky
@vorkywh24

@dchesnokov

#KHL Ak Bars coach also claims #Jets' Burmistrov "has the desire to play for Ak Bars."

Old
07-26-2012, 01:36 PM
YWGinYYZ
Global Moderator
Alien Hockey Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by vorky View Post
@dchesnokov

#KHL Ak Bars coach also claims #Jets' Burmistrov "has the desire to play for Ak Bars."
1. Isn't this the same guy that stated this 3-4 months back? Wasn't this denied by Burmi's agent, and by the GM of AK Bars
2. He's under contract - even if he wanted to, he can't
3. If this truly was said, perhaps he means if there's a lock-out

Sigh. Don't ruin your career Burmi.

Jeff

Closed Thread