HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

All Rick Nash talk- The Free Agency Frenzy Edition

Closed Thread

Old
07-01-2012, 06:53 AM
Gardner McKay
Niles, Pls.

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHeartZherdev View Post
first off - an offer of Staal and Anisimov and a first from the Rangers wouldn't be near enough for Ryan, and the Ducks could easily get a lot more from Philly or a number of other teams.

Secondly - yes, the number of years left on a contract for a guy who will be UFA absolutley comes into play. Especially for a guy like Marc Staal who has 3 brothers all with one team who would certainly come calling for him in free agency.

How Staal was pre-concussion doesn't matter - this year he wasn't as good as Girardi or McDonough which of course is why you're fine offering him up in fake trades, and also why he wouldn't be worth Bobby Ryan
Staal missed training camp and the first few months. By end of March he was back to his regular form and was an absolute beast in the playoffs, blowing Girardi out of the water.

Second as to the bolded, oh really? You don't know that at all. You don't know what offers are being looked at. The hatred of the Rangers continues...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourn View Post
I'd give it serious thought. My response would depend on other offers though, because obviously if that isn't the best deal I'm not going to ignore them and take it, and if I feel I can get a bit more by waiting, well it can pay to be patient. It definitely factors in some of Anaheim's needs, which is more than you can say about a lot of offers.
Prior to Staals injury, I remember a lot of ducks fans saying Staal + Prospect would be a fair trade for Ryan. Well Staal is back to normal. It is a trade that really factors into both teams strengths.

Quote:
Ryan McDonough, for one.

Oliver Ekman-Larson. Plenty of good young defensman out there who are still in RFA status. and again, if you read my post, it was about the ability to sign that person you trade for.

Bobby Ryan, if he gets traded to NYR, no reason to think he wouldn't re-sign there long term. Staal, the worry is he'll go to Carolina if he gets to UFA status where his 3 brothers are
Based on what report? This is just your BS speculation on your part. Sorry but the Rangers have never had a problem keeping players un like the blue jackets. It is well known how much Staal loves New York City.

Last edited by Patty Ice: 07-01-2012 at 08:24 AM. Reason: minor flame
Old
07-01-2012, 08:02 AM
Lundsanity30

vCash: 500
Are we back to the staal for Ryan talk?? The Rangers strength is their defense u give up staal you immediately weaken it. You are left with mcd and girardi on 1st pair. Mdz than ???? 4 question marks. Hank would love that

Old
07-01-2012, 08:07 AM
TSA0402

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
Are we back to the staal for Ryan talk?? The Rangers strength is their defense u give up staal you immediately weaken it. You are left with mcd and girardi on 1st pair. Mdz than ???? 4 question marks. Hank would love that
Erixon and Sauer are supposed to be solid NHL top 4 d-men which should soften blow(according to many Ranger fans).

I'm not saying I agree with trading Staal, I'm just tired of being spoonfed those players in Columbus proposals, claiming they are legitimate players and once the mention of Staal could be traded, those same players are being thrown under the bus.

Old
07-01-2012, 08:09 AM
UAGoalieGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSA0402 View Post
Erixon and Sauer are supposed to be solid NHL top 4 d-men which should soften blow(according to many Ranger fans).

I'm not saying I agree with trading Staal, I'm just tired of being spoonfed those players in Columbus proposals, claiming they are legitimate players and once the mention of Staal could be traded, those same players are being thrown under the bus.
Rangers have no idea when Sauer is coming back from PCS.

Old
07-01-2012, 08:09 AM
Lundsanity30

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSA0402 View Post

sauer may or may not ever play again, and erixon is nowhere near staal level

Old
07-01-2012, 08:12 AM
Zetterberg4Captain

To NYR
-Nash

To Columbus
-Del Zotto
-Dubinsky
-2013 1st rd pick

Old
07-01-2012, 08:15 AM
TheKingPin

Talks are for read ++ for Nash

Read Jake first Laughton bourdon for Ryan

Rather put the package for Ryan

Old
07-01-2012, 08:20 AM
Lundsanity30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetterberg4Captain View Post
To NYR
-Nash

To Columbus
-Del Zotto
-Dubinsky
-2013 1st rd pick
I would do that, but Cbj needs forwards

Old
07-01-2012, 08:22 AM
TSA0402

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKingPin View Post
Talks are for read ++ for Nash

Read Jake first Laughton bourdon for Ryan

Rather put the package for Ryan
There is no guarantee Bobby Ryan is even available for that package. Jake isn't going to come cheap and part of the reason to trade Ryan is for salary relief.

I believe Flyers would be willing to part with Read, but not Voracek, Couturier, Simmonds.

Old
07-01-2012, 08:24 AM
TSA0402

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetterberg4Captain View Post
To NYR
-Nash

To Columbus
-Del Zotto
-Dubinsky
-2013 1st rd pick
Quote:
Exactly. Getting Ryan Murray has pretty much squashed the interest in getting a d-man in return. As we speak, Columbus has more quality d-men than they do forwards.

Old
07-01-2012, 08:25 AM
Zetterberg4Captain

Quote:
i think CBJ are building or trying to anyways from the net out

with their own top 5 pick in 2013(the goal should be 1st overall) plus LA's 2013 1st rounder and lets say the Rangers 1st rounder as well then Howson will be well on his way to restocking the team and its cupboards

Old
07-01-2012, 08:39 AM
RyanCallahan24*

Quote:
It's a horrible deal because Staal is a UFA in 3 years and they'll have to worry about losing him. That, and his play fell off dramatically due to a concussion. And, they could get a lot better than that from another team.

You are one of those fans who likes to propose deals that would never have your team losing anything of value and getting great value back.

Again, I totally get fans not wanting to get rid of youth or talent on their roster. But to expect to get elite players of Nash and Bobby Ryan's caliber, it requires giving up some significant value

If you watched Staal in the playoffs you'd know he's back. It took him awhile (with good reason) since he missed half the season + the pre-season.

Anisimov is a good piece actually. Good 2-way player, not overly physical but positional sound.

Staal is a UFA in 3 years you say, well so is Bobby Ryan.

And with the D-core Anaheim have they could use a premier shutdown D on a great contract. They got alot of offensive minded D's. And with Lydman possibly gone they don't have alot of experience either.

Old
07-01-2012, 08:44 AM
RyanCallahan24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by gojackets1 View Post
Come look at the Jackets board and see what some are expecting. We aren't really talking much about the Rangers currently, however. And I wasn't saying Stepan+DZ+Kreider isn't the world. That's ridiculous and certainly won't happen. If any Jackets fan expects that they should be ashamed. However, I think Dubinsky+Stepan+1st/(prospect+2nd) is certainly a fair deal. If you don't want Nash, I get it. But just because the fans of a team don't want a player doesn't mean it lower his value.
Okay I get you but we can't afford to trade Stepan since we got no top 6 players behind him on the roster or in our prospect pool. With Richards getting up there in age it would affect our team big time in the future.

Del Zotto + Dubinsky + 1st + mid prospect?

I know that you have alot of D but we can't afford much else unfortunately.

We can offer Marc Staal if you want but then it'll be something like: Staal + pick for Nash + low pick.

Del Zotto finished 12th or something in Norris voting ( yeah I know...) so he's a good piece. Just dump Wiz on some team (isles) and you have an opening.

Old
07-01-2012, 08:45 AM
RyanCallahan24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexton11 View Post
Its a bad deal cuz his contract runs out in 3 years?

When does Ryans contract end? Do you know?

Also, if Staals play fell off dramatically because of a concussion and lowered his value, im guessing as a Bluejackets fan you didnt have much of a reason to watch the playoffs, but if you did, you would have seen a pre concussion Staal being our best defenceman.
This. Him and McDonagh was our best D, without a doubt.

Old
07-01-2012, 08:47 AM
RyanCallahan24*

Quote:
It's unreal how clueless you are

Okay good to know, thanks my trading guru .

Old
07-01-2012, 08:48 AM
RyanCallahan24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by gojackets1 View Post
I bet everyone would love him if he was paid around 6 mil.
Yes we would. Almost 2 million in difference is alot in the capera.

Old
07-01-2012, 08:53 AM
RyanCallahan24*

Quote:
Ryan McDonough, for one.

Oliver Ekman-Larson. Plenty of good young defensman out there who are still in RFA status. and again, if you read my post, it was about the ability to sign that person you trade for.

Bobby Ryan, if he gets traded to NYR, no reason to think he wouldn't re-sign there long term. Staal, the worry is he'll go to Carolina if he gets to UFA status where his 3 brothers are
they wouldn't be available they're too important for their teams now and in the future. And kinda weak to take players still on their ELC's. You knew what he meant...

Old
07-01-2012, 08:56 AM
RyanCallahan24*

Quote:
um, there are a ton of good young defensman out there.

Karl Alzner. John Carlson. Victor Hedmam. Erik Gudbrason. Tyler Myers. Alex Peitrangelo. Kevin Shattenkirk. PK Subban. Dimitri Kulitkov. Alex Edler.

Marc Staal is not the best young defenseman in the league, nor would he be the best Anaheim could do in a Bobby Ryan deal. This is the dumbest argument ever - Staal is great, a real solid player. I'm not knocking him. But guys like Bobby Ryan or Rick Nash don't become available often, which is why teams demand so much for them.
The bolded players, yeah not happening.

And the rest is not as good as Staal, not yet at least.

Old
07-01-2012, 09:01 AM
Lundsanity30

Fwiw, I have no prob w Nash contract and neither does Sather. If Nash was a FA Sather would have no prob offering 7.8m and possibly more. It's the talent we really can't afford to give up.

Old
07-01-2012, 09:12 AM
Cash for Nash

Quote:
Fwiw, I have no prob w Nash contract and neither does Sather. If Nash was a FA Sather would have no prob offering 7.8m and possibly more. It's the talent we really can't afford to give up.
Then don't make a deal. You guys were the #1 team in the East last year.

Just hope life without Marian Gaborik for at least half the season isn't too rough.

Without his 41 goals last year the NYR would have finished 4th in the division and probably at best a 7 or 8 seed. Just hope for a speedy recovery..

Old
07-01-2012, 09:18 AM
Lundsanity30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cash for Nash View Post
Then don't make a deal. You guys were the #1 team in the East last year.

Just hope life without Marian Gaborik for at least half the season isn't too rough.

Without his 41 goals last year the NYR would have finished 4th in the division and probably at best a 7 or 8 seed. Just hope for a speedy recovery..
U can't think like that though because u will end up thinking u have to get this guy or that guy at all costs. I think they can survive without gaborik for a month or so. Thats also providing it starts in Oct and there is no lock out

Old
07-01-2012, 09:19 AM
Cash for Nash

Quote:
U can't think like that though because u will end up thinking u have to get this guy or that guy at all costs. I think they can survive without gaborik for a month or so. Thats also providing it starts in Oct and there is no lock out
I understand your point....no criticism here.

Old
07-01-2012, 09:20 AM
F L Y E R S
Orange & Black

Don't you do it Holmgren! Don't you do it you crazy sob!

I better not see the headline "Nash to Philly"

Old
07-01-2012, 09:27 AM
Lundsanity30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cash for Nash View Post
I understand your point....no criticism here.
I also understand to get a player like Nash someone like a Stepan or Kreider has to go the other way regardless of what Nash wants, he signed the damn contract

Old
07-01-2012, 09:36 AM
Cash for Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanCallahan24 View Post
He said a few days later that he got caught by surprise and said he'd consider Rangers.

Staal for Ryan + here or there to make it up for both teams.
At least NYR rediculous fan proposals aren't limited to Rick Nash I guess....

Marc Staal for Bobby Ryan +

Maybe his older or younger brother for Ryan +

lmao

Closed Thread