HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Doan won't sign until July 16 at earliest

Closed Thread

Old
07-05-2012, 05:01 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RR View Post
Missed that news. Can you point me toward it?
His agent stated that Doan has not completely ruled out going to the eastern conference. He said they haven't ruled out any team, even the one Manhattan.

Just agent speak. Why would he come out and say they are ruling out teams? Of course you want every team in the league to feel like they are just one of twenty nine dying for his services and they need to stand out from the crowd.

Nothing should be read into the comments from his agent.

07-05-2012, 05:03 PM
lefty2time*

Sedin Sedin Burrows
Booth Kesler Doan

That's money

Old
07-05-2012, 05:06 PM
IPreferPi
A Nonny Mouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henkka View Post
Whitney gone, Aucoin gone, Roszival possibly gone, Pyatt gone, rumors that they are trying to trade Yandle, ownership problem, there's quite many things...
Aucoin and Roszival were expendable once we got Z back. Got plenty of youngsters ready to step in as well. Defense is set and improved from last year.

Moss is an upgrade from Pyatt if he can stay healthy (granted, big if, but a worthwhile gamble). Sullivan won't be able to match Whitney's ES production, but he's arguably equal/better on the PP.

Rumors that Yandle is on the trading block only started because of our apparent defensive depth and the lack of true first pairing d-men in FA outside of Suter. These rumors have been shot down repeatedly by Maloney - although he will listen to offers from needy teams.

Ownership problem...yeah I'll give you that one. But we'll see what happens next week. Personally, I'm optimistic Doan resigns.

Still got holes to fill, but Maloney and Tippett are definitely Top 5 in the league in their respective positions. I have utmost confidence that they can continue to defy CW and get the Yotes back into Cup contention this season.

Old
07-05-2012, 05:10 PM
Vankiller Whale
Spread the love

vCash: 1212
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjimmyg89 View Post
He said the NYR will be an option if he goes to another team. They will go hard for him. He fits the team identity and he'd be a 5th/6th forward on the team instead of having to be the guy. He'd also be joining a Cup contender. Doan will seriously consider the Rangers.
Canucks for all the same reasons(although he hasn't specifically named us, but I think he'd prefer to be out west)

Old
07-05-2012, 05:19 PM
cobra427

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPreferPi View Post
Aucoin and Roszival were expendable once we got Z back. Got plenty of youngsters ready to step in as well. Defense is set and improved from last year.

Moss is an upgrade from Pyatt if he can stay healthy (granted, big if, but a worthwhile gamble). Sullivan won't be able to match Whitney's ES production, but he's arguably equal/better on the PP.

Rumors that Yandle is on the trading block only started because of our apparent defensive depth and the lack of true first pairing d-men in FA outside of Suter. These rumors have been shot down repeatedly by Maloney - although he will listen to offers from needy teams.

Ownership problem...yeah I'll give you that one. But we'll see what happens next week. Personally, I'm optimistic Doan resigns.

Still got holes to fill, but Maloney and Tippett are definitely Top 5 in the league in their respective positions. I have utmost confidence that they can continue to defy CW and get the Yotes back into Cup contention this season.
Agreed. I would argue they are even better defensively now with Z because he is much better then AA or Rozi. Sulli is an even strength down grade to ray but probably an up tick on the PP. They obviously need Doan and a few other pieces to improve the offense. The WC finish might really help the offensive improvement of Boedker, OEL and Hanzel, upside there. GMDM always seems to find the right pieces, be it later this summer or before the deadline, when others are desperate....With some of the GM's moves so far, I hope GMDM stays patient....

Old
07-05-2012, 05:21 PM
UniverStalinGraduate*

Doan to Dallas, 2 years 12 million.

Old
07-05-2012, 05:21 PM
DesertDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPreferPi View Post

Maloney did state that he does not know where these rumors came from (or was it Trevling) that he is not shopping Yandle, but he will listen to offers. Gormley may be that good, where the Coyotes may be willing to trade Yandle, but he hasn't proved anything yet, maybe next season. I'm expecting a career year for Yandle next season. As for Doan, he'll most likely re-up and be giving term. I can see $20Mil over 5years...

when Doan re-signs this team will be better than what they started off with last season...

Old
07-05-2012, 05:25 PM
symbology

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
His agent stated that Doan has not completely ruled out going to the eastern conference. He said they haven't ruled out any team, even the one Manhattan.

Just agent speak. Why would he come out and say they are ruling out teams? Of course you want every team in the league to feel like they are just one of twenty nine dying for his services and they need to stand out from the crowd.

Just like with Parise, get all the teams to bid for your services so that the team(s) that you are willing to sign for give you top dollar. Limit your choices to just a few teams and you are limiting your $ potential.

Old
07-05-2012, 05:36 PM
Zal

Quote:
Originally Posted by UniverStalinGraduate View Post
Doan to Dallas, 2 years 12 million.
I'm fairly certain he wants to win a Cup at this stage of his career.

Old
07-05-2012, 05:37 PM
Zal

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertDawg View Post
Maloney did state that he does not know where these rumors came from (or was it Trevling) that he is not shopping Yandle, but he will listen to offers. Gormley may be that good, where the Coyotes may be willing to trade Yandle, but he hasn't proved anything yet, maybe next season. I'm expecting a career year for Yandle next season. As for Doan, he'll most likely re-up and be giving term. I can see $20Mil over 5years...

when Doan re-signs this team will be better than what they started off with last season...
Losing Whitney doesn't make you a better team...at all.

Old
07-05-2012, 05:40 PM
IPreferPi
A Nonny Mouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zal View Post
If Sullivan can maintain his production from last season and Boedker finally breaks out into at least a 20+ goal scorer, we'll have basically replaced Whitney while having a better defense from last year. Strong conditional, but certainly a possible one.

Old
07-05-2012, 05:50 PM
DesertDawg

Quote:
The 40 yo didn't do too much during the playoffs.

Michalek, Moss, and Sullivan do though, and let's not forget about Gormley. And getting Vermette at the deadline and the emergence of Boeds.

Old
07-05-2012, 05:56 PM
Bad Will Hunting
It's my fault

vCash: 69
Quote:

Everyone should memorize this post

Old
07-05-2012, 06:00 PM
Zal

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertDawg View Post
The 40 yo didn't do too much during the playoffs.

Michalek, Moss, and Sullivan do though, and let's not forget about Gormley. And getting Vermette at the deadline and the emergence of Boeds.
You can't replace Whitney's production, which helped get you to the playoffs to begin with. No, Sullivan won't replace his production, either.

Old
07-05-2012, 06:14 PM
Sciamachy
Shadow Coyote

Quote:
You can't replace Whitney's production, which helped get you to the playoffs to begin with. No, Sullivan won't replace his production, either.
With one player, no. But between Sullivan, a full year of Vermette, and a full year of Boedker looking to have turned the corner it isn't impossible to cover it. Just because Whitney to Sullivan in a vacuum is a loss doesn't mean that the net total from last season to this is going to be a loss as well. The points will be more spread out, but they'll still be there and we won't be as reliant on one line.

Old
07-05-2012, 06:26 PM
DesertDawg

Quote:
Hmmm, that stretch run that the Coyotes pulled at the end of the season when they came from, something like 12th place to win the division, well if I'm not mistaken Whitney wasn't very productive, kinda streaky. So in that sense your argument isn't valid. Other players stepped up and we of the faithful believe that Boeds will have a career year. Whitney was good on the pp, but we are hoping that Sullivan will produce.

Old
07-05-2012, 06:30 PM
Robert Theodorson

I hope the Coyotes get their ownership problems fixed and get Doan back, even though I'd love him in Washington it'd be a shame if he wasn't a Coyote.

Hopefully they can go after some bigger free agents next year, Arizona is a great place to live and Phoenix was pretty nice when I visited.

Old
07-05-2012, 06:35 PM
Rautakallio

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedeSpeedBackstrom View Post
I hope the Coyotes get their ownership problems fixed and get Doan back, even though I'd love him in Washington it'd be a shame if he wasn't a Coyote.

Hopefully they can go after some bigger free agents next year, Arizona is a great place to live and Phoenix was pretty nice when I visited.
Would be hard to imagine Doan wearing any other jersey than Coyotes, but would be happy to see him playing at Detroit.

Old
07-05-2012, 06:43 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Roszival and Aucoin wore down terribly as the season went on. I'm surprised Aucoin got another contract. He will need a lot of games off and some very limited minutes if he's going to have one last full season. Neither are losses for the Coyotes.

Taylor Pyatt is terribly inconsistent and I'm glad he's gone. 80% of the time he's invisible. Even if Moss only plays 60 games he's an upgrade.

Whitney leaving is tough. He was pretty ineffective in the post season though and is over 40 years old. Boedker was our best forward in the playoffs. He really earned the trust of his head coach and looks poised for a breakout. Sullivan won't produce nearly as much as Whitney did last season. But between his contributions and those of Boedker, hopefully we can make up for the loss of Whitney.

A full season of Vermette rather than trying guys like Cal O'Reilly, Marc Pouliot, etc will help too.

Yandle isn't going anywhere. Those rumors are ********.

Getting Z back is huge for us. He's the ideal patter for OEL. Derek Morris was terrible to start the year. He left for personal/family reasons. When he came back, he played his best hockey in a half decade. The D is vastly upgraded.

Also, it's not like we are done. Doan could come back and we might also make a trade for some scoring help. It's only July 5th.

Old
07-05-2012, 09:55 PM
Joe Dokes

Quote:
Roszival and Aucoin wore down terribly as the season went on. I'm surprised Aucoin got another contract. He will need a lot of games off and some very limited minutes if he's going to have one last full season. Neither are losses for the Coyotes.
I thought Roszival played very well in the Western Conference Finals against the Kings. He competed hard from start to finish.

Here is hoping that the Coyotes ownership is resolved and Doan can both stay with the franchise and get some long term security with his next contract.

Old
07-05-2012, 09:58 PM
NastiMarvasti

I don't normally do the line combos thing but what the hell.

Brown Kopitar Williams
Penner Richards Carter
Gagne Stoll Doan
King Fraser Lewis

Spare parts:
Clifford
Richardson
Nolan
Loktionov
Westgarth

Yum...

Old
07-05-2012, 10:04 PM
Nuclear

Quote:
Originally Posted by NastiMarvasti View Post
I don't normally do the line combos thing but what the hell.

Brown Kopitar Williams
Penner Richards Carter
Gagne Stoll Doan
King Fraser Lewis

Spare parts:
Clifford
Richardson
Nolan
Loktionov
Westgarth

Yum...
Wow, that's an all star roster right there.

I'm hoping for for the Flyers

Hartnell - Giroux - Voracek
Schenn - Briere - Doan
Read - Couturier - Simmonds
Fedatenko - Talbot - Wellwood

Old
07-05-2012, 11:12 PM
Bad Will Hunting
It's my fault

vCash: 69
Quote:
I disagree with you. If he can stay healthy, never underestimate Steve Sullivan.

Steve is 5x the player Whitney is. He just has trouble staying healthy.

Remember Tippet gets the most out of his players and players go their and rejuvenate their career.

Sullivan in Phoenix? He'll win a Masterson and be an All star

Old
07-05-2012, 11:28 PM
Jefe88

Quote:
Originally Posted by DopitaToDemitra View Post
Sedin Sedin Burrows
Booth Kesler Doan

That's money
New nickname for the second line: No pass line!

I'd try him with the Sedins and put Burr and Kes back together. If you sign him to play on the second line you might as well go with Kassian.

Old
07-06-2012, 12:05 AM
FAMOUSfin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jefe88 View Post
New nickname for the second line: No pass line!

I'd try him with the Sedins and put Burr and Kes back together. If you sign him to play on the second line you might as well go with Kassian.
Or just go with Kassian on the second line anyways...

Sedin - Sedin - Doan
Booth - Kesler - Kassian
Burrows - Higgins - Hansen
Malhotra - Lapierre - Volpatti/Weise

Closed Thread