HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Who Should Our Number 1 Line Be

Old
07-06-2012, 03:50 AM
Inner Turbulence

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Inner Turbulence
I am definitely with the ”Brown-Kopitar-Williams” crowd. With Penner-Richards-Carter on the second line. Brown-Kopi-Williams worked extremely well together. Williams make those great little plays to open up space for his linemates – and he works his butt off. His momentary lapses and turnovers are somewhat covered by the defensive hustle of Kopitar and Brown.

The only option I could come up with, to break up those lines, would be to swap Carter and Williams. I think Williams and Richards could work well together – but I am not sold on the concept of Carter on the Brown-Kopitar line. It would break up the whole dynamics of that top line.

Inner Turbulence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 10:11 AM
Reclamation Project
#BeatLA

vCash: 592
I really want to see Carter on Kopitar's wing, even if it's for a handful of games.

Reclamation Project is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 11:45 AM
deeshamrock

Sutter has seen enough of the top 6 to know who compliments who and what works. I don't see him changing anything, except that Gagne will LW on Richards line where he belongs. Why mess with success??

Glad to hear a Pearson and Hyka made a good impression in the prospect camp. Looking forward to preseason and seeing Hyka again. Still pissed off the Flyers messed up, he is that good, just needs some weight.

deeshamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 02:57 PM
moosehead81

Thinking that there's currently 7 players that can play top 6 forward positions, there's lots of options. However, I wouldn't start the year with anything but the line-up that went 16-4 in the play-offs.

moosehead81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 05:01 PM
Herby
Culture Changer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reclamation Project View Post
I really want to see Carter on Kopitar's wing, even if it's for a handful of games.
It would be kind of interesting, I must agree, but then it weakens the 2nd line because Penner-Richards-Williams doesn't really scare anyone with their offensive abilities, in particular not a natural finisher on that line.

I do think if Carter skated with Kopitar it would be his chance to score 40 again in a season.

But just keep things the same, both lines have a natural finisher, some sandpaper and a guy like Williams thrives playing with Kopitar and kind of disappears when he doesn't.

Herby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 05:40 PM
Reclamation Project
#BeatLA

vCash: 592
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby View Post
It would be kind of interesting, I must agree, but then it weakens the 2nd line because Penner-Richards-Williams doesn't really scare anyone with their offensive abilities, in particular not a natural finisher on that line.

I do think if Carter skated with Kopitar it would be his chance to score 40 again in a season.

But just keep things the same, both lines have a natural finisher, some sandpaper and a guy like Williams thrives playing with Kopitar and kind of disappears when he doesn't.
True.

Reclamation Project is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 01:27 AM
Kinsler532

Carter cant play without richards

Kinsler532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 01:45 AM
Moses Doughty
LA's offense offends

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinsler532 View Post
Carter did just fine without being on Richards wing in Philadelphia. Splitting them up wouldn't be the reason for either to slump

Moses Doughty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 03:14 AM
tsanuri

When we had one line average 2.75 and the other almost 2 points a game not sure why we would want to break them up unless for some reason they stop working next year.

tsanuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 03:28 AM
SCARFACE909

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinsler532 View Post
Carter hardly played with Richards when they were on the Flyers. Carter was a center.

SCARFACE909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 10:37 PM
Kinsler532

I know but Im not sure I see him adapting in a new city without him on his wing. He couldnt play in columbus, hes not mentally capable of being a first line center in LA. How would the lines be with Brown Carter and Richards all playing center?

Kinsler532 is offline   Reply With Quote