HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Brodeur Possibly Testing The Market? Part II

Closed Thread

Old
06-30-2012, 09:14 PM
daveskirtun
:o)

vCash: 500
Brodeur Possibly Testing The Market? Part II

continue.

Darren Dreger‏@DarrenDreger

Quote:
Martin Brodeur very likely to test free agent market. Brodeur has hired Pat Brisson (CAA) to represent him. Bidders get ready!
Darren Dreger‏@DarrenDreger

Quote:
Brodeur has had limited contract discussions with Devils. Could still sign before Sunday, but leaning now toward open market.
Bob McKenzie - ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie

Quote:
Really interesting report by @DarrenDreger saying Marty Brodeur has hired agent Pat Brisson and may test open market on Sunday.
Bob McKenzie - ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie

Quote:
If Brodeur were just going to stay in New Jersey, he would not have hired an agent, something he hasn't used for a long time.

Old
06-30-2012, 09:18 PM
NJDevs26
Status quo

vCash: 237
Batten down the hatches...the best two goalies in FA, the best winger in FA and one of the top three or four defensemen in FA.

Old
06-30-2012, 09:18 PM
MadDevil

Old
06-30-2012, 09:19 PM
Bleedred
Fire Dumbeor!

Still puzzled as to why Hedberg hasn't been signed. Why not offer him a deal it won't be much? $1.2 million for a year? This quote is it from earlier today? Or yesterday?

''If Brodeur were just going to stay in New Jersey, he would not have hired an agent, something he hasn't used for a long time. ''

Old
06-30-2012, 09:21 PM
jjp24Devils
Captain Sal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
Still puzzled as to why Hedberg hasn't been signed. Why not offer him a deal it won't be much? $1.2 million for a year? This quote is it from earlier today? Or yesterday?

''If Brodeur were just going to stay in New Jersey, he would not have hired an agent, something he hasn't used for a long time. ''
I think Moose still has his family living near Atlanta and is unsure whether or not he wants to come back, I may be wrong though.

Old
06-30-2012, 09:22 PM
Bleedred
Fire Dumbeor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjp24Devils View Post
I think Moose still has his family living near Atlanta and is unsure whether or not he wants to come back, I may be wrong though.
I know he's said this, but I hope he has told Lou whether or not he plans to come back by this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDevs26 View Post
Batten down the hatches...the best two goalies in FA, the best winger in FA and one of the top three or four defensemen in FA.
Saw your post about signing Gustavsson as backup if Marty leaves, and Hedberg starts. You don't mean Jonas Gustavsson who just played for Toronto do you? He's horrible! His rights were traded to Winnipeg. Would take Mason over him who is a UFA! Would take Clemmensen over him, and I think I made my opinion on him known enough during our series with Florida. Haha Gustavsson. Remember the Fayne Floater?

Old
06-30-2012, 09:23 PM
The 29th Pick
BetterThan LastYear

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjp24Devils View Post
Maybe Moose and Lou have a verbal agreement and something will happen Sun/Mon/Tue

Old
06-30-2012, 09:29 PM
Getzo5
The Punisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getzo5 View Post
Are you drunk?
Quote:
Originally Posted by onefatsurfer View Post
Yes.
That explains everything. haha

Old
06-30-2012, 09:37 PM
NJDevs26
Status quo

Quote:
Saw your post about signing Gustavsson as backup if Marty leaves, and Hedberg starts. You don't mean Jonas Gustavsson who just played for Toronto do you? He's horrible! His rights were traded to Winnipeg. Would take Mason over him who is a UFA! Would take Clemmensen over him, and I think I made my opinion on him known enough during our series with Florida. Haha Gustavsson. Remember the Fayne Floater?
Who the heck else are they going to sign...I like Clemmensen but he ain't coming here to play for a coach he couldn't stand in Florida lol. Mason used to be decent but was bleh last year and probably goes back to Nashville anyway.

I think Hedberg sits tight until Marty comes back or doesn't, because really we have the only starting job available to him.

Old
06-30-2012, 09:43 PM
Bleedred
Fire Dumbeor!

Quote:
Who the heck else are they going to sign...I like Clemmensen but he ain't coming here to play for a coach he couldn't stand in Florida lol. Mason used to be decent but was bleh last year and probably goes back to Nashville anyway.

I think Hedberg sits tight until Marty comes back or doesn't, because really we have the only starting job available to him.
Trade for Bernier!

I don't know, because you're right. The current UFA goalie crop is pretty bad aside from our two. I keep forgetting Clemmensen, and Deboer's problems. Lou loves to go with what he knows so I figured there was a shot with him. I don't know though it's mostly crap. Alex Auld, Brent Johnson those guys suck. Al Montoya from the Isles was okay. I would take him over Gustavsson I think.

Mike Mckenna, and even Yann Danis are free agents though!

Old
06-30-2012, 09:44 PM
NJDevs26
Status quo

Yeah I forgot about Montoya, I'd be fine with him as a backup even if he is injury-prone. I was just watching an NHL FA preview and Craig Button said Gustavsson could be this year's Mike Smith rofl, a guy who basically has talent and gets reborn on another team.

Old
06-30-2012, 09:46 PM
Getzo5
The Punisher

Quote:
Yeah I forgot about Montoya, I'd be fine with him as a backup even if he is injury-prone. I was just watching an NHL FA preview and Craig Button said Gustavsson could be this year's Mike Smith rofl, a guy who basically has talent and gets reborn on another team.
Craig Button... but yeah, I was just about to post that he still hasn`t signed with the Jets and should hit the market tomorrow.

Old
06-30-2012, 09:51 PM
Larsson
4th Line Boys

The only way Gustavsson would be this year's Mike Smith is if he had actual talent

Old
06-30-2012, 09:52 PM
Devilsfan92
4 8 15 16 23 42

But he's a monstar!

Old
06-30-2012, 09:55 PM
njdevilsjds
#CoryDays

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilsfan92 View Post
But he's a monstar!
for sure

Old
06-30-2012, 09:56 PM
Bleedred
Fire Dumbeor!

Quote:
Haha! I'm glad you're watching that coverage. I'm blocking out all NHL TV coverage right now. Aside from this forum I'm avoiding all hockey related sites, and TV coverage. That also includes the main board of this forum. Tired of hearing all the absurd crap about Parise, and Marty. Man it's gonna be a long night.

Old
06-30-2012, 09:57 PM
Status Quo*

vCash: 50
Just sign the man, Lou. I don't want to have to go through this **** again like I did 5 years ago with Brett Favre.

Old
06-30-2012, 09:58 PM
Bleedred
Fire Dumbeor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njdevilsjds View Post
for sure

That never gets old. LOL at Poni being the guy to take the penalty for the Leafs that led to the tying goal. It's funny Chico remarked about how the fans stayed, and could have left. I was getting up from my seat ready to leave when the Devils scored the tying goal actually. I was annoyed with that game until the last 3 minutes to be honest. I was one of the fans who was ready to leave haha.

Old
06-30-2012, 09:58 PM
NJDevs26
Status quo

Quote:
Haha! I'm glad you're watching that coverage. I'm blocking out all NHL TV coverage right now. Aside from this forum I'm avoiding all hockey related sites, and TV coverage. That also includes the main board of this forum. Tired of hearing all the absurd crap about Parise, and Marty. Man it's gonna be a long night.
Well really it's the first time for me getting that NHLN coverage (just got the network two months ago) so I'll deal, unless they bring on Pierre and Olcyzk to start talking about how much the Devils suck. They have McKenzie a lot, much rather listen to him than read the main board tomfoolery

Apparently one of those studio guys (Brian Duff) is leaving the NHLN to go to...MSG

Old
06-30-2012, 10:00 PM
Devilsfan92
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by njdevilsjds View Post
for sure

Love that video. Kovy's debut was in style. Dat finish.

Old
06-30-2012, 10:01 PM
rrekaj13

Quote:
Well really it's the first time for me getting that NHLN coverage (just got the network two months ago) so I'll deal, unless they bring on Pierre and Olcyzk to start talking about how much the Devils suck. They have McKenzie a lot, much rather listen to him than read the main board tomfoolery

Apparently one of those studio guys (Brian Duff) is leaving the NHLN to go to...MSG
I'm glad to hear we'll be seeing Brian Duff still, but he's a solid host so it's disappointing to hear that he's leaving the major network. Very neutral and knows how to let others take over on certain topics. And a non-annoying voice.

Old
06-30-2012, 10:02 PM
NJDevs26
Status quo

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrekaj13 View Post
I'm glad to hear we'll be seeing Brian Duff still, but he's a solid host so it's disappointing to hear that he's leaving the major network. Very neutral and knows how to let others take over on certain topics. And a non-annoying voice.
Well that's good, I just thought he was kinda monotone/boring but I guess he grows on you after a while. Plus one of those studio guys was being mean to Kurtis Foster giving him the needle about Zidlicky a while back lol, wasn't sure who it was.

Old
06-30-2012, 10:02 PM
Getzo5
The Punisher

Not completely talentless, just inconsistend and mentally soft. Needs to regain confidence, that`s all.

Old
06-30-2012, 10:04 PM
njdevilsjds
#CoryDays

Quote:
That never gets old. LOL at Poni being the guy to take the penalty for the Leafs that led to the tying goal. It's funny Chico remarked about how the fans stayed, and could have left. I was getting up from my seat ready to leave when the Devils scored the tying goal actually. I was annoyed with that game until the last 3 minutes to be honest. I was one of the fans who was ready to leave haha.
Hahah I went with my dad to this game I took a seperate car to the game. He left the game in disgust, while I decided to stay for the rest of the game. I still laugh about it now.

Old
06-30-2012, 10:07 PM
downtown56

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrekaj13 View Post
He's joining the Sabres broadcast

Closed Thread