HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Brodeur Possibly Testing The Market? Part II

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-30-2012, 09:14 PM
  #1
daveskirtun
:o)
 
daveskirtun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Richmond, VA
Country: United States
Posts: 18,343
vCash: 500
Brodeur Possibly Testing The Market? Part II

continue.


Darren Dreger‏@DarrenDreger

Quote:
Martin Brodeur very likely to test free agent market. Brodeur has hired Pat Brisson (CAA) to represent him. Bidders get ready!
Darren Dreger‏@DarrenDreger

Quote:
Brodeur has had limited contract discussions with Devils. Could still sign before Sunday, but leaning now toward open market.
Bob McKenzie - ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie

Quote:
Really interesting report by @DarrenDreger saying Marty Brodeur has hired agent Pat Brisson and may test open market on Sunday.
Bob McKenzie - ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie

Quote:
If Brodeur were just going to stay in New Jersey, he would not have hired an agent, something he hasn't used for a long time.

daveskirtun is offline  
Old
06-30-2012, 09:18 PM
  #2
NJDevs26
Moderator
Status quo
 
NJDevs26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 25,215
vCash: 237
Batten down the hatches...the best two goalies in FA, the best winger in FA and one of the top three or four defensemen in FA.

NJDevs26 is online now  
Old
06-30-2012, 09:18 PM
  #3
MadDevil
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Bismarck, ND
Country: United States
Posts: 8,038
vCash: 500

MadDevil is offline  
Old
06-30-2012, 09:19 PM
  #4
Bleedred
Fire Dumbeor!
 
Bleedred's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Seminole Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 35,082
vCash: 500
Still puzzled as to why Hedberg hasn't been signed. Why not offer him a deal it won't be much? $1.2 million for a year? This quote is it from earlier today? Or yesterday?

''If Brodeur were just going to stay in New Jersey, he would not have hired an agent, something he hasn't used for a long time. ''

Bleedred is offline  
Old
06-30-2012, 09:21 PM
  #5
jjp24Devils
Captain Sal
 
jjp24Devils's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 440
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
Still puzzled as to why Hedberg hasn't been signed. Why not offer him a deal it won't be much? $1.2 million for a year? This quote is it from earlier today? Or yesterday?

''If Brodeur were just going to stay in New Jersey, he would not have hired an agent, something he hasn't used for a long time. ''
I think Moose still has his family living near Atlanta and is unsure whether or not he wants to come back, I may be wrong though.

jjp24Devils is offline  
Old
06-30-2012, 09:22 PM
  #6
Bleedred
Fire Dumbeor!
 
Bleedred's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Seminole Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 35,082
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjp24Devils View Post
I think Moose still has his family living near Atlanta and is unsure whether or not he wants to come back, I may be wrong though.
I know he's said this, but I hope he has told Lou whether or not he plans to come back by this point.


Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDevs26 View Post
Batten down the hatches...the best two goalies in FA, the best winger in FA and one of the top three or four defensemen in FA.
Saw your post about signing Gustavsson as backup if Marty leaves, and Hedberg starts. You don't mean Jonas Gustavsson who just played for Toronto do you? He's horrible! His rights were traded to Winnipeg. Would take Mason over him who is a UFA! Would take Clemmensen over him, and I think I made my opinion on him known enough during our series with Florida. Haha Gustavsson. Remember the Fayne Floater?

Bleedred is offline  
Old
06-30-2012, 09:23 PM
  #7
The 29th Pick
BetterThan LastYear
 
The 29th Pick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bergen County N.J.
Country: United States
Posts: 10,854
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
Still puzzled as to why Hedberg hasn't been signed. Why not offer him a deal it won't be much? $1.2 million for a year? This quote is it from earlier today? Or yesterday?

''If Brodeur were just going to stay in New Jersey, he would not have hired an agent, something he hasn't used for a long time. ''
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjp24Devils View Post
I think Moose still has his family living near Atlanta and is unsure whether or not he wants to come back, I may be wrong though.
Maybe Moose and Lou have a verbal agreement and something will happen Sun/Mon/Tue

The 29th Pick is offline  
Old
06-30-2012, 09:29 PM
  #8
Getzo5
The Punisher
 
Getzo5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Presov, SVK
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 21,973
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getzo5 View Post
Are you drunk?
Quote:
Originally Posted by onefatsurfer View Post
Yes.
That explains everything. haha

Getzo5 is offline  
Old
06-30-2012, 09:37 PM
  #9
NJDevs26
Moderator
Status quo
 
NJDevs26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 25,215
vCash: 237
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
Saw your post about signing Gustavsson as backup if Marty leaves, and Hedberg starts. You don't mean Jonas Gustavsson who just played for Toronto do you? He's horrible! His rights were traded to Winnipeg. Would take Mason over him who is a UFA! Would take Clemmensen over him, and I think I made my opinion on him known enough during our series with Florida. Haha Gustavsson. Remember the Fayne Floater?
Who the heck else are they going to sign...I like Clemmensen but he ain't coming here to play for a coach he couldn't stand in Florida lol. Mason used to be decent but was bleh last year and probably goes back to Nashville anyway.

I think Hedberg sits tight until Marty comes back or doesn't, because really we have the only starting job available to him.

NJDevs26 is online now  
Old
06-30-2012, 09:43 PM
  #10
Bleedred
Fire Dumbeor!
 
Bleedred's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Seminole Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 35,082
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDevs26 View Post
Who the heck else are they going to sign...I like Clemmensen but he ain't coming here to play for a coach he couldn't stand in Florida lol. Mason used to be decent but was bleh last year and probably goes back to Nashville anyway.

I think Hedberg sits tight until Marty comes back or doesn't, because really we have the only starting job available to him.
Trade for Bernier!

I don't know, because you're right. The current UFA goalie crop is pretty bad aside from our two. I keep forgetting Clemmensen, and Deboer's problems. Lou loves to go with what he knows so I figured there was a shot with him. I don't know though it's mostly crap. Alex Auld, Brent Johnson those guys suck. Al Montoya from the Isles was okay. I would take him over Gustavsson I think.

Mike Mckenna, and even Yann Danis are free agents though!

Bleedred is offline  
Old
06-30-2012, 09:44 PM
  #11
NJDevs26
Moderator
Status quo
 
NJDevs26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 25,215
vCash: 237
Yeah I forgot about Montoya, I'd be fine with him as a backup even if he is injury-prone. I was just watching an NHL FA preview and Craig Button said Gustavsson could be this year's Mike Smith rofl, a guy who basically has talent and gets reborn on another team.

NJDevs26 is online now  
Old
06-30-2012, 09:46 PM
  #12
Getzo5
The Punisher
 
Getzo5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Presov, SVK
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 21,973
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDevs26 View Post
Yeah I forgot about Montoya, I'd be fine with him as a backup even if he is injury-prone. I was just watching an NHL FA preview and Craig Button said Gustavsson could be this year's Mike Smith rofl, a guy who basically has talent and gets reborn on another team.
Craig Button... but yeah, I was just about to post that he still hasn`t signed with the Jets and should hit the market tomorrow.

Getzo5 is offline  
Old
06-30-2012, 09:51 PM
  #13
Larsson
4th Line Boys
 
Larsson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Holmdel, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 10,397
vCash: 500
The only way Gustavsson would be this year's Mike Smith is if he had actual talent

Larsson is offline  
Old
06-30-2012, 09:52 PM
  #14
Devilsfan92
4 8 15 16 23 42
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,720
vCash: 500
But he's a monstar!

Devilsfan92 is offline  
Old
06-30-2012, 09:55 PM
  #15
njdevilsjds
#CoryDays
 
njdevilsjds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 3,668
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilsfan92 View Post
But he's a monstar!
for sure


njdevilsjds is offline  
Old
06-30-2012, 09:56 PM
  #16
Bleedred
Fire Dumbeor!
 
Bleedred's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Seminole Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 35,082
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDevs26 View Post
Yeah I forgot about Montoya, I'd be fine with him as a backup even if he is injury-prone. I was just watching an NHL FA preview and Craig Button said Gustavsson could be this year's Mike Smith rofl, a guy who basically has talent and gets reborn on another team.
Haha! I'm glad you're watching that coverage. I'm blocking out all NHL TV coverage right now. Aside from this forum I'm avoiding all hockey related sites, and TV coverage. That also includes the main board of this forum. Tired of hearing all the absurd crap about Parise, and Marty. Man it's gonna be a long night.

Bleedred is offline  
Old
06-30-2012, 09:57 PM
  #17
Status Quo*
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Bergen County, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 6,921
vCash: 50
Just sign the man, Lou. I don't want to have to go through this **** again like I did 5 years ago with Brett Favre.

Status Quo* is offline  
Old
06-30-2012, 09:58 PM
  #18
Bleedred
Fire Dumbeor!
 
Bleedred's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Seminole Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 35,082
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by njdevilsjds View Post
for sure

That never gets old. LOL at Poni being the guy to take the penalty for the Leafs that led to the tying goal. It's funny Chico remarked about how the fans stayed, and could have left. I was getting up from my seat ready to leave when the Devils scored the tying goal actually. I was annoyed with that game until the last 3 minutes to be honest. I was one of the fans who was ready to leave haha.

Bleedred is offline  
Old
06-30-2012, 09:58 PM
  #19
NJDevs26
Moderator
Status quo
 
NJDevs26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 25,215
vCash: 237
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
Haha! I'm glad you're watching that coverage. I'm blocking out all NHL TV coverage right now. Aside from this forum I'm avoiding all hockey related sites, and TV coverage. That also includes the main board of this forum. Tired of hearing all the absurd crap about Parise, and Marty. Man it's gonna be a long night.
Well really it's the first time for me getting that NHLN coverage (just got the network two months ago) so I'll deal, unless they bring on Pierre and Olcyzk to start talking about how much the Devils suck. They have McKenzie a lot, much rather listen to him than read the main board tomfoolery

Apparently one of those studio guys (Brian Duff) is leaving the NHLN to go to...MSG

NJDevs26 is online now  
Old
06-30-2012, 10:00 PM
  #20
Devilsfan92
4 8 15 16 23 42
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,720
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by njdevilsjds View Post
for sure

Love that video. Kovy's debut was in style. Dat finish.

Devilsfan92 is offline  
Old
06-30-2012, 10:01 PM
  #21
rrekaj13
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 719
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDevs26 View Post
Well really it's the first time for me getting that NHLN coverage (just got the network two months ago) so I'll deal, unless they bring on Pierre and Olcyzk to start talking about how much the Devils suck. They have McKenzie a lot, much rather listen to him than read the main board tomfoolery

Apparently one of those studio guys (Brian Duff) is leaving the NHLN to go to...MSG
I'm glad to hear we'll be seeing Brian Duff still, but he's a solid host so it's disappointing to hear that he's leaving the major network. Very neutral and knows how to let others take over on certain topics. And a non-annoying voice.

rrekaj13 is offline  
Old
06-30-2012, 10:02 PM
  #22
NJDevs26
Moderator
Status quo
 
NJDevs26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 25,215
vCash: 237
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrekaj13 View Post
I'm glad to hear we'll be seeing Brian Duff still, but he's a solid host so it's disappointing to hear that he's leaving the major network. Very neutral and knows how to let others take over on certain topics. And a non-annoying voice.
Well that's good, I just thought he was kinda monotone/boring but I guess he grows on you after a while. Plus one of those studio guys was being mean to Kurtis Foster giving him the needle about Zidlicky a while back lol, wasn't sure who it was.

NJDevs26 is online now  
Old
06-30-2012, 10:02 PM
  #23
Getzo5
The Punisher
 
Getzo5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Presov, SVK
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 21,973
vCash: 500





Not completely talentless, just inconsistend and mentally soft. Needs to regain confidence, that`s all.

Getzo5 is offline  
Old
06-30-2012, 10:04 PM
  #24
njdevilsjds
#CoryDays
 
njdevilsjds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 3,668
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
That never gets old. LOL at Poni being the guy to take the penalty for the Leafs that led to the tying goal. It's funny Chico remarked about how the fans stayed, and could have left. I was getting up from my seat ready to leave when the Devils scored the tying goal actually. I was annoyed with that game until the last 3 minutes to be honest. I was one of the fans who was ready to leave haha.
Hahah I went with my dad to this game I took a seperate car to the game. He left the game in disgust, while I decided to stay for the rest of the game. I still laugh about it now.

njdevilsjds is offline  
Old
06-30-2012, 10:07 PM
  #25
downtown56
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,071
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrekaj13 View Post
I'm glad to hear we'll be seeing Brian Duff still, but he's a solid host so it's disappointing to hear that he's leaving the major network. Very neutral and knows how to let others take over on certain topics. And a non-annoying voice.
He's joining the Sabres broadcast

downtown56 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:15 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.