HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Krys Barch and Cam Janssen

Old
08-11-2012, 12:56 AM
Bruise Bros 2426

vCash: 500
Krys Barch and Cam Janssen

How many games do you think each will play? I assume Barch plays more than Janssen, simply because he offers a little bit more offensively, in addition to fighting. Lou seems to like Janssen. He's on a two-way deal. Do you guys see him spending some time in the AHL next year?

Bruise Bros 2426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2012, 01:00 AM
TheUnseenHand
Hashbrown Selfie

My hope would be neither sees the ice at all. If there is an injury I'd rather play short a forward, to give you an idea of how much I want them to play.

That won't happen, though. I doubt Janssen sees any AHL time. I'd guess they'll each get in around 10-15 games, Barch might get a couple more. And yes, I do believe there will be a couple nights when both are in the lineup. God help us...

TheUnseenHand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2012, 01:51 AM
Hockey Sports Fan
:panic:

Send a message via AIM to Hockey Sports Fan
I'm gonna guess 36 games for game and like 55 for Barch. I've said it before, but the regular season is an absolute marathon and sometimes you just need guys to take up space before the playoffs start. Being able to rotate guys in and out of the lineup is invaluable over 82 games, and I think Pete understands that too.

Hockey Sports Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2012, 01:52 AM
Hockey Sports Fan
:panic:

Send a message via AIM to Hockey Sports Fan
I also think Barch might surprise a lot of us. He's supposedly an excellent skater, and he could make himself useful as a 1-track forecheck torpedo.

Hockey Sports Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2012, 01:58 AM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

vCash: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruise Bros 2426 View Post
How many games do you think each will play? I assume Barch plays more than Janssen, simply because he offers a little bit more offensively, in addition to fighting. Lou seems to like Janssen. He's on a two-way deal. Do you guys see him spending some time in the AHL next year?
Barch is honestly one of the worst offensive players in the league.

He's also a terrible fighter. Don't remember him ever winning one with the Stars.

No offense, but don't expect anything from him. He's a below average energy line guy with some speed, but can't fight or score to save his life.

He's a great leader and person off the ice, and I hope he does succeed in NJ, but that seems extremely doubtful.

LatvianTwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2012, 02:08 AM
TheUnseenHand
Hashbrown Selfie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LatvianTwist View Post

He's also a terrible fighter. Don't remember him ever winning one with the Stars.

No offense, but don't expect anything from him. He's a below average energy line guy with some speed, but can't fight or score to save his life.

He's a great leader and person off the ice, and I hope he does succeed in NJ, but that seems extremely doubtful.
Basically this years Boulton. Like I said, I really don't want him anywhere near the ice, and the same goes for Janssen. Resign Sykora, rotate him, Tedenby, Butler, whatever other random signing. Whatever keeps those two off the ice. Even if Tedenby is terrible defensively, at least he's a threat to score.

TheUnseenHand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2012, 02:08 AM
Bruise Bros 2426

Quote:
Originally Posted by LatvianTwist View Post

He never won a fight as a member of the Stars? You must not have seen him knock Stortini around in 2011. Also, he's had some slugfests with Brad May and Janssen in the past. He's not a real good fighter, but he's not a punching bag.

Bruise Bros 2426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2012, 02:35 AM
Bleedred
Pete still coach?

I hope they see as little ice time as possible. We don't NEED a goon in the lineup every night like for example in games against the Lightning or Canes or Habs or teams like that. Though I'm not really up to date on if they've picked some up that they're gonna be playing nightly.

Main reason is because it breaks CBGB up. Our 4th line(On top of sucking defensively) did not score at all last year during the regular season. Only on partial line changes, and once against Carolina when Josefson, and Bernier had a 2 on 1 going, and that was when Josefson was on the 4th line, and no goons in the lineup that night. Hopefully Janssen goes to the AHL if need be as much as I like the guy. We just have more important things we need. Even if CBGB isn't producing at the pace they did in the playoffs they clicked really well, and add much needed offense to a team that lost 31 goals in Parise, and 21 in Sykora. We have seen stranger things though like Pete starting Boulton on the 3rd line in a few games last year.

Bleedred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2012, 08:57 AM
hlaverty06

hlaverty06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2012, 09:34 AM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
~40 games each wouldn't shock me. Basically as needed. We might see them more frequently against teams like the Rangers and Flyers.

Saugus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2012, 10:01 AM
Bleedred
Pete still coach?

I kinda hope CBGB is together later in the Rangers games. Ryan Carter is like the biggest threat to Lundqvist!

Old
08-11-2012, 10:38 AM
tsipka

Those were some good fights from Barch. Im actually looking forward to watching him play. People say he has some speed so ~40 games on the 4th line wont be so bad

tsipka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2012, 10:39 AM
hlaverty06

Ryan carter would probably center Janssen Barch if we were ever dumb enough to put them on the ice together

hlaverty06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2012, 10:46 AM
Bleedred
Pete still coach?

Janssen and Barch would only play together in the same game if we had some injury problems. Or if Pete feels like making another circus act against the Rangers which backfired in his face(We got our ***** kicked that night, and Lundqvist even gave up 2 very stoppable goals uncharacteristic of himself) so I doubt we'll see that. It would be ideal that both of them aren't even on the NHL roster together, but we may or may not get that lucky.

Old
08-11-2012, 09:34 PM
JerryGigantic
Respect Patrik

~too many

JerryGigantic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2012, 10:01 PM
DevilsAnimal*

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlaverty06 View Post
Oooooof course he scores on us

DevilsAnimal* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2012, 10:11 PM
PADevil3034
Mooooooooooooooooose

I doubt either will be on the Opening Night roster, and I know neither of them will play in the playoffs. Isn't that all that matters?

If I had to guess, I'd say Barch gets ~35 games, and Janssen gets ~30. God forbid they play on the same night...

PADevil3034 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 04:34 PM
runnerdevil

Hard to estimate but I kinda expect them to play in all Rangers and Philly games especially away unless the games are must wins. I would say half of the game. I didn't say 41 since we don't know if there will be a full season or a season at all this year

runnerdevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 04:51 PM
Hell Zeon*
Captain Kovalchuk******

With everyone usually forgetting that half our offensive roster is always gone midway throug the season those guys will play in a decent amount of games. Come playoff time they'll see nothing.

Hell Zeon* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 04:55 PM
Rhodes 81
grit those teeth

one or the other will be in about 60 games i think. some guys will get scratched for a night or two, some guys will get hurt for one or two games where it's not worth it to call someone up, at some point we'll have three forwards out at once. and of course there will be games against the rags or flyers where it's worth it to sit tedenby or whoever. they'll see games, and it won't be the end of the world.

Rhodes 81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 05:11 PM
Bleedred
Pete still coach?

Remember when Pete started Boulton on the 3rd line for a couple of games, and Tedenby on the 4th line? I remember a lot of people weren't too happy with it. It definitely did happen. I wanna say around December/January when Tedenby was sucking pretty bad. It may have even been around the time in December when we had scoring trouble, and then Pete shook up the lines, and we went through a spurt of high scoring. Someone was usually double shifted later in the game(Kovy) and Tedenby may have joined the 3rd line late in those games.

Old
08-12-2012, 05:21 PM
DevilsAnimal*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
Remember when Pete started Boulton on the 3rd line for a couple of games, and Tedenby on the 4th line? I remember a lot of people weren't too happy with it. It definitely did happen. I wanna say around December/January when Tedenby was sucking pretty bad. It may have even been around the time in December when we had scoring trouble, and then Pete shook up the lines, and we went through a spurt of high scoring. Someone was usually double shifted later in the game(Kovy) and Tedenby may have joined the 3rd line late in those games.
Boulton was better than Tedenby that season

DevilsAnimal* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 05:26 PM
Bleedred
Pete still coach?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsAnimal View Post
Boulton was better than Tedenby that season
That season? You mean last season? Let's not stretch it there. I think Tedenby is dangerously close to having one foot into the SEL/KHL which he may be if he is anywhere near as bad this season. Tedenby had 6 points last year in 43 games though he has absolutely no hockey sense defensively, and did not make up for it offensively one bit.

Boulton though wasn't even on the ice for a goal scored the whole season. And was pretty bad defensively.

Old
08-12-2012, 06:58 PM
Banana Sandwiches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
That season? You mean last season? Let's not stretch it there. I think Tedenby is dangerously close to having one foot into the SEL/KHL which he may be if he is anywhere near as bad this season. Tedenby had 6 points last year in 43 games though he has absolutely no hockey sense defensively, and did not make up for it offensively one bit.

Boulton though wasn't even on the ice for a goal scored the whole season. And was pretty bad defensively.
At least Tedenby is better than everyone's man crush on here (or so it seems) in Vladimir Zharkov.

As for the OP, I see Barch getting in around 60 games or so and Janssen playing in 40 maybe.

I doubt we'll see both of them in the line-up together unless it's against a tough team like the Rangers, Flyers, Bruins, etc.

Banana Sandwiches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 07:57 PM
Officer Rod Farva
Do You Even Lift Bro

Cam and Barch will play a combined (at least) 82 games this season.

Officer Rod Farva is offline   Reply With Quote