HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The AHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The AHL Discuss the American Hockey League; its players, teams, and games.

Steve Ott

Closed Thread

Old
01-19-2005, 05:20 PM
anguscertified
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ott = Snott
Either;

1) You have a soft spot for dirty, cheap, annoying pests
2) You're related to him
3) He bullied you in high school but it made you into the man you're today
4) You're a closet Stars fan
5) He gives you butterflies..
Nope! None of those.
I just like his NHL game.

Old
01-20-2005, 05:30 AM
Ajacied
Remember #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by paxtang
Second, he fought one legit heavy last year, Norton, so you are wrong.
Right, as Jarome Iginla, Eric Carins, Matthew Barnaby, Chris McAllister, Brad Ference, Darryl Bootland and Jamie Allison are all pushovers..

Old
01-20-2005, 05:20 PM
paxtang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ott = Snott
Right, as Jarome Iginla, Eric Carins, Matthew Barnaby, Chris McAllister, Brad Ference, Darryl Bootland and Jamie Allison are all pushovers..
First off, who in their right mind lists Iginla, Ference, Bootland and Allison as heavies? You do know what I'm talking about when I stated that he doesn't fight heavies, right? I never insulted Ott, I actually was praising him. Out of the new crop of pests, he is the most frequent fighter out of all of them. He fights the people you want a pest to fight. Getting guys like Iginla to fight is his job.

Ott didn't fight Cairns or McAllister. He got a FM versus only one of them, Cairns. In the McCallister "fight", McCallister suckered him. Ott never fought him, and didn't recieve a FM. In the Cairns fight, Ott and Cairns were roughing it up and Arnott jumped in to save Ott. He never fought him.

The only legit heavyweight Ott fought was Brad Norton, who is a bottom tier heavy. It's not knock against Ott that he doesn't fight heavies, because he isn't one himself. It wasn't a bash against Ott to say he doesn't fight heavies, it was a positive statement about Barnaby (who as a Flyers fan I was raised to hate) who, though undersized and out of his class against heavies, has fought everyone.

You have no support for your point.

Old
01-20-2005, 05:48 PM
Coffey77

Quote:
Originally Posted by paxtang
First off, who in their right mind lists Iginla, Ference, Bootland and Allison as heavies? You do know what I'm talking about when I stated that he doesn't fight heavies, right? I never insulted Ott, I actually was praising him. Out of the new crop of pests, he is the most frequent fighter out of all of them. He fights the people you want a pest to fight. Getting guys like Iginla to fight is his job.

Ott didn't fight Cairns or McAllister. He got a FM versus only one of them, Cairns. In the McCallister "fight", McCallister suckered him. Ott never fought him, and didn't recieve a FM. In the Cairns fight, Ott and Cairns were roughing it up and Arnott jumped in to save Ott. He never fought him.

The only legit heavyweight Ott fought was Brad Norton, who is a bottom tier heavy. It's not knock against Ott that he doesn't fight heavies, because he isn't one himself. It wasn't a bash against Ott to say he doesn't fight heavies, it was a positive statement about Barnaby (who as a Flyers fan I was raised to hate) who, though undersized and out of his class against heavies, has fought everyone.

You have no support for your point.
Exactly. Funny seeing Bootland listed as a heavy. Sure, Bootland fights but he's in no way, shape or form a heavyweight. And Bootland beat Ott up I believe.

Ott fights often and goading Iginla into a fight is basically praising him. Ott takes off the best Flames player for 5 minutes. Mission accomplished.

Old
01-20-2005, 08:10 PM
BigKing
Spot Picker

He didn't exactly "fight" Norton either. He shot the puck after a whistle due to a fight between Chartrand and Sloan. FSW only showed the Chartrand fight, but I was there and Norton basically manhandled him while Ott just tried not to die. Oh, and the way that he got beat by Avery was so embarassing that the comparison to Barnaby should neer be made EVER again. Here is a short list of guys Barnaby has taken on:

Grimson,Ray,Worrell,Chara,Hatcher,Ciccone,Vial, etc....

And he actually tried to throw punches instead of just holding on. I think Ott's highest upside is that of an Ian Laperriere which is, of course, not a bad thing.

Old
01-21-2005, 04:02 PM
paxtang

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigKing
He didn't exactly "fight" Norton either. He shot the puck after a whistle due to a fight between Chartrand and Sloan. FSW only showed the Chartrand fight, but I was there and Norton basically manhandled him while Ott just tried not to die. Oh, and the way that he got beat by Avery was so embarassing that the comparison to Barnaby should neer be made EVER again. Here is a short list of guys Barnaby has taken on:

Grimson,Ray,Worrell,Chara,Hatcher,Ciccone,Vial, etc....

And he actually tried to throw punches instead of just holding on. I think Ott's highest upside is that of an Ian Laperriere which is, of course, not a bad thing.
Exactly. Barnaby is a breed of player that doesn't exist anymore. He fought EVERYONE, sure, he probably pulled a fake glove drop to these same guys earlier that game, but he still fought them. And while he's normally overmatched, he fought a lot of these guys tough. Again, as a Flyers fan, there's nothing I enjoyed more than a good Barnaby asskicking, which happened quite a lot, but he still always backed his play up. Ott will never have the fight card that Barnaby did, nor the volume that Barnaby, but that in itself doesn't demean Ott's skills or heart.

Closed Thread