HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Notices

Free Agency Thread

Old
07-03-2012, 12:49 PM
2 Minute Minor
Hi Keeba!

vCash: 714
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley83 View Post
Well now that the Blues won the Jeff Woywitka sweepstakes now all we gotta do is lasso Tyson Strachan again and we can start pouring the champagne in the cup.
Florida seemed pretty happy with him. And Weaver, too.

2 Minute Minor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 12:53 PM
Blanick
Winter is coming

vCash: 50
I do like Yandle a ton but I think the price would be way too high. I think the price could be two top 6 forwards and a prospect which I am not willing to pay. I think the player we should go for would be Giordano, he would be a solid top pairing guy that we could get much cheaper than Yandle. If all else fails I got no problem going into the season with...

Cole-Pietrangelo
Jackman-Shattenkirk
Russell-Polak

Fairchild,WoyWhichwayisScottradea,Chorney.

That is pretty much the same (record setting) defense from last year minus Colaiacovo and adding Cole which many people believe is a plus. Then if we need to make a move for another top Dman we can do it at the deadline where we will know more information.

Blanick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 12:58 PM
frostyflo
#peskyblues

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Minute Minor View Post
I don't want to trade Oshie, but I want to win a Cup more than I want to keep him. Getting Yandle would give the Blues an elite defensive pairing (maybe THE elite defensive pairing in the league....hard to come up with a better one) if he's skating with Pietro.

The Blues have the depth at forward to be able to lose one, even a 1st line guy with a tremendous 2-way game like Oshie, and still create effective lines that don't really drop off. Yes, its counting on Tarasenko to get up to speed quickly, but you have to realize he's been playing against grown men for several years already. And I think Perron is poised to be a PPG guy if he stays healthy, gets in a full off-season and training camp.

If there is another package that gets Yandle, then great. But I think its going to be a painful price, yet worth it in the long run.
that is what sucks if you are a team (or a fan of it) not able to spend the big bucks

it would be just too easy to sign Suter for his asking price, have an elite (or THE elite) d-pairing and keep your home-grown talent

because IMO if you look at the past two seasons you also need your Oshies to win a cup...both Boston and LA just had 1 elite D-man but lots of character guys who gave it all when they had to

frostyflo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 01:05 PM
frostyflo
#peskyblues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blanick View Post
I do like Yandle a ton but I think the price would be way too high. I think the price could be two top 6 forwards and a prospect which I am not willing to pay. I think the player we should go for would be Giordano, he would be a solid top pairing guy that we could get much cheaper than Yandle. If all else fails I got no problem going into the season with...

Cole-Pietrangelo
Jackman-Shattenkirk
Russell-Polak

That is pretty much the same (record setting) defense from last year minus Colaiacovo and adding Cole which many people believe is a plus. Then if we need to make a move for another top Dman we can do it at the deadline where we will know more information.
yeah, Giordano would be great and especially after the Wideman signing pretty doable, still not cheap but possible

I`m very ok with Cole replacing Carlo but wouldn`t like if we wouldn`t sign another depth veteran on D. Fairchild might be a good #7 D but there will be a point in the season where we have to replace at least 2 defenders and I wouldn`t be too comfortable with him and another of your 2 guys regularly in the line-up

remember: depth is gold

Old
07-03-2012, 01:33 PM
Harley83

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Minute Minor View Post
Florida seemed pretty happy with him. And Weaver, too.
I never cared for Strachan but I did like Weaver. For his size Weaver is a strong dude, I thought Strachan was barely playing at the pro level.

Harley83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 01:40 PM
Harley83

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostyflo View Post
I`m very ok with Cole replacing Carlo but wouldn`t like if we wouldn`t sign another depth veteran on D. Fairchild might be a good #7 D but there will be a point in the season where we have to replace at least 2 defenders and I wouldn`t be too comfortable with him and another of your 2 guys regularly in the line-up

remember: depth is gold
The only thing that sucks with losing Carlo is the shot he has (had) from the point. With Cole at least we don't have to worry about him being day to day with an ingrown toe nail.

Old
07-03-2012, 02:19 PM
frostyflo
#peskyblues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley83 View Post
The only thing that sucks with losing Carlo is the shot he has (had) from the point. With Cole at least we don't have to worry about him being day to day with an ingrown toe nail.

don`t get me wrong, Carlo is the guy I would never want back, I was more thinking about a Husky type of player: Vet, steady and cheap

Old
07-03-2012, 02:29 PM
frostyflo
#peskyblues

Danny Syvret to the Flayers? AGAIN?!?

Old
07-03-2012, 02:48 PM
JustOneB4IDie
Everyone Overpayment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blanick View Post

Cole-Pietrangelo
Jackman-Shattenkirk
Russell-Polak

I just wish that suter and parise would sign wherever then the market is open again enough already

JustOneB4IDie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 03:44 PM
Harley83

Quote:

don`t get me wrong, Carlo is the guy I would never want back, I was more thinking about a Husky type of player: Vet, steady and cheap
I wish we could get a veteran defenseman to the equivalent of Scott Nichol in terms of leadership and work ethic. The kind that gives it 110% every night regardless. Maybe it's me but some defensemen look lazy when it comes down to trying to shut down the opposition. Woywitka kind of appeared to be like that or maybe he was just a slower skater, I feel bad for trashing him because he seems like a nice enough guy.

Old
07-03-2012, 03:54 PM
Harley83

Quote:
Danny Syvret to the Flayers? AGAIN?!?
There has been all kinds of free agents returning to their old teams for some reason. One free agent signing with a new team that kind of made me surprised was Jordin Tootoo to Detroit.

Old
07-03-2012, 03:58 PM
Blanick
Winter is coming

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBlue1967 View Post
I just wish that suter and parise would sign wherever then the market is open again enough already
I know it's frustrating but you have to think those guys are getting a ton of attention and seeing as how they will be signing very long term contracts (presumably most of their careers) I can't blame them for taking time to make the right choice for them.

Also, I think If the Blues do give Cole a shot at the top pairing then yes we do need to add a veteran defenseman as our 7th. What is everyones opinion on Scott Hannan for that spot?

Blanick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 04:48 PM
Celtic Note
Chi Town Bound

Jagr to the Stars...looks like they are going all in.

Celtic Note is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 05:08 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Dallas will be improved, I just wonder how much.

bleedblue1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 08:23 PM
bluemandan
Ya Ma Goo!

I just don't understand moving Ribero out just to bring Roy in. Is Ribero bad in the locker room or something?

bluemandan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 10:08 PM
ChicagoBlues

Sooooooooo.......Detroit offered Suter 13yrs-$90M

WOW!

My guess is that Detroit is not his first choice as far as the team, but how can he leave that kind of money on the table?

ChicagoBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 10:16 PM
superblues
I'm being sarcastic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoBlues View Post

WOW!

My guess is that Detroit is not his first choice as far as the team, but how can he leave that kind of money on the table?
Looks like Detroit is wasting no time trying to fill Lidstrom's vacancy.

superblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 04:01 AM
oPlaiD

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemandan View Post
I just don't understand moving Ribero out just to bring Roy in. Is Ribero bad in the locker room or something?
Roy is a better overall player, and I bet Roy has a bounceback in his offense playing in Dallas with the forwards he'll probably center.

All of the moves Dallas has made have been great. Jagr and Whitney will really produce this next season and Roy is an upgrade, as well.

oPlaiD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 05:31 AM
Alklha

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoBlues View Post

WOW!

I really hope they don't sign him for that, it is basically exactly what I would have liked us to be in a position to offer.

I'll be surprised if there isn't higher offers though.

Alklha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 11:06 AM
Celtic Note
Chi Town Bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by oPlaiD View Post
Roy is a better overall player, and I bet Roy has a bounceback in his offense playing in Dallas with the forwards he'll probably center.

All of the moves Dallas has made have been great. Jagr and Whitney will really produce this next season and Roy is an upgrade, as well.
The one thing that I don't like, from a Stars perspective, is their moves are temporary solutions.

Celtic Note is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 11:09 AM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celtic Note View Post
The one thing that I don't like, from a Stars perspective, is their moves are temporary solutions.
And very short temporary solutions.

Old
07-04-2012, 11:12 AM
Linus

Suter to Wild. Parise possibly too.

While I'd rather Suter be out of the conference, I'm really glad he's not going to Detroit. If Parise and Suter are both out of the Central, I'll be happy.

Linus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 11:12 AM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Detroit does not get Suter.

Detroit and Nashville just got much worse.

Old
07-04-2012, 11:16 AM
Alklha

Fantastic news. I think we all thought, deep down, that he was going to be in a Wings jersey next season.

Alklha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 11:18 AM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

If Detroit gives Carle a stupid contract, my day will be made.