HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ales Hemsky "Heavily in Play"

Old
07-03-2012, 12:11 AM
CommonMeans*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asher View Post
If/when Suter leaves Nashville I think the chances of Weber re-signing drops dramatically. Nashville then either then watches him leave for nothing too in a year (if he signs a 1 year deal and becomes a UFA) or deals him now and gets a good return.

I think Nashville would be looking for roster players or prospects that are very close. Basically, if I were the Oilers I'd let them choose 3-4 players (depending on who they want) excluding Hall, Nuge, Eberle, Yakupov, and J. Schultz. Everyone else, including Paajarvi and Klefbom, would be in play.
There is no way Hemsky, or any other young-gun whose name is not the 5 you mentioned, is enough to get Weber out of Nashville.

CommonMeans* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 12:12 AM
Asher

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommonMeans View Post
There is no way Hemsky, or any other prospect whose name is other than 5 you mentioned, is enough to get Weber out of Nashville.
Wait till they trade him and see what they get. Then we'll talk.

Asher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 12:14 AM
CommonMeans*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asher View Post
Wait till they trade him and see what they get. Then we'll talk.
Sure. Put together whatever mish-mash of players you see as maybe or maybe not having an impact in the future, and trade them for one of the best d-men in the game.

This is easy.

CommonMeans* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 12:17 AM
Homesick

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by syz View Post
Getting run from behind by Handzus has pretty much seemed to ruin his career.

He's still going to get minutes this year because Eberle can't do tough competition, and he'll still be on a line with at least one #1 overall pick. Only thing is he still won't be seeing the top PP unit.
Smyth-Horcoff-Hemsky will be playing the tough minutes, and they have chemistry.They're going to try their hardest to make -
Hall-RNH-Eberle
PRV/Harti-Gagner-Yakupov

If anything Smyth will be on the 2nd with PRV/Harti moving to the Horcoff line

Homesick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 12:37 AM
Asher

Quote:
Sure. Put together whatever mish-mash of players you see as maybe or maybe not having an impact in the future, and trade them for one of the best d-men in the game.

This is easy.
Players that want out don't bring a lot back in return. I'd enter this debate but I'm too busy telling Columbus fans not to expect a lot for Rick Nash. Or I might re-live some old memories of telling MTL fans to expect squat for Halak, Flame fans to expect to ripped off for Phaneuf, Ottawa fans to expect to get screwed by Heatley, etc. Please, friend, bookmark my statement: if Nashville trades Weber they are going to get effed over. Really, really bad. The only good news for them is they'll get more for Weber than they're getting for Suter. My offer will look very fair in comparison.

Asher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 12:40 AM
WaitingForUser

Ranger fans here's a proposal

Hemsky and a 2013 3rd for Dubinsky and 2nd Fair Hockey trade?

WaitingForUser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 12:55 AM
wahoyaho

Quote:
Originally Posted by WelcomehomeSmytty View Post
Ranger fans here's a proposal

Hemsky and a 2013 3rd for Dubinsky and 2nd Fair Hockey trade?
Pretty sure Dubinsky has more value than Hemsky
Not fair, needs tweaking

wahoyaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 01:00 AM
Agent Zero

weber will be testing free agency so there is no point of trading for him..

Agent Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 01:01 AM
WaitingForUser

Quote:
Originally Posted by wahoyaho View Post
Pretty sure Dubinsky has more value than Hemsky
Not fair, needs tweaking
Hemsky has a higher cap hit but a shorter term and Slats has been after him for years. The oilers are the one taking on the 3rd year and Dubinsky from my understanding isn't even playing in you're top 6.

Old
07-03-2012, 01:15 AM
wahoyaho

All I'm saying is, in my opinion, I would much rather have Dubinsky on my team than Hemsky and I'm sure the Rangers, or any other win-now cup-contending team would feel the same way. It makes no sense to downgrade and give up a higher pick.

Old
07-03-2012, 01:21 AM
WaitingForUser

Quote:
All I'm saying is, in my opinion, I would much rather have Dubinsky on my team than Hemsky and I'm sure the Rangers, or any other win-now cup-contending team would feel the same way. It makes no sense to downgrade and give up a higher pick.
Fair enough I can tell you that hemsky and Gaborik would be magic together though.

Counter offer?

Old
07-03-2012, 02:24 AM
MessierII

Hemsky's contract isn't bad at all when you look at the dollars thrown around these days. A guy who can get 60-70 points maybe more in the right situation is a steal at 5 mil nowadays.

MessierII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 02:38 AM
wahoyaho

He's reached 70 points twice out of nine years during his time in the NHL. The last time he got over 60 was in 2008-2009, 4 seasons ago. He might be a steal for the Oilers but certainly not any team that's looking toward a long post-season run. Injuries are a concern as well.

Old
07-03-2012, 02:43 AM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

They would have to get Suter which is looking like a bigger if with each passing hour. But something around Quincey and one of the Wings prospects I would think gets near the asking price. Quincey has played top 4 minutes, but with all Detroit just gave up to get him back I am not holding my breath that Holland is actually heavily considering this.

The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 02:48 AM
T-Funk

Quote:
He's reached 70 points twice out of nine years during his time in the NHL. The last time he got over 60 was in 2008-2009, 4 seasons ago. He might be a steal for the Oilers but certainly not any team that's looking toward a long post-season run. Injuries are a concern as well.
Injuries are the only concern with him. He is money in the playoffs and in the regular season as long as he doesn't get hurt (which has almost always been due to his now repaired shoulders). At the trade deadline, Hemsky is a huge addition to playoff teams.

T-Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 02:52 AM
VeteranNetPresence
Disco Super Fly.

the real question here is why would any team would want hemsky?

VeteranNetPresence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 03:06 AM
MessierII

Quote:
And Hudler has reached 50 points once and makes a 1 mil less. Ruutu has reached 60 points never and makes more. Grabovski has also never had 60 points and makes more. I really don't see how 5 mil for Hemsky is so awful.

MessierII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 04:24 AM
wahoyaho

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Funk View Post
Injuries are the only concern with him. He is money in the playoffs and in the regular season as long as he doesn't get hurt (which has almost always been due to his now repaired shoulders). At the trade deadline, Hemsky is a huge addition to playoff teams.
I don't agree with him being money in the playoffs. He had 17 points in 24 games in a Cinderella run during his best season. I really don't see him improving on that. Is it far more likely he will and already has regressed possibly due to injuries between now and then and other unknown factors. At the trade deadline, no one wanted to trade for him. What addition now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MessierII View Post
And Hudler has reached 50 points once and makes a 1 mil less. Ruutu has reached 60 points never and makes more. Grabovski has also never had 60 points and makes more. I really don't see how 5 mil for Hemsky is so awful.

And again, those players are playing on, at best, teams desperate to make the playoffs. On a team like the Rangers, this is not a desirable contract. At least in my opinion, it does not make them a better team. The fact that you are bringing up these points to try to make a case for yourself just shows that you have no clue what you are talking about or you'd rather ignore common sense and just rely on blatant homerism.

PS: Ruutu makes 4.75 which is actually less.

Old
07-03-2012, 08:49 AM
CGYPUKSUX
The No Kool-aid Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by MessierII View Post
When a guy has played more than 80 games once in his career and has played in only play in 56% of the games over the past three seasons you're should be wondering why he deserves that type of money.

CGYPUKSUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 08:56 AM
indigobuffalo
Portage and Main

vCash: 1045
Quote:
Originally Posted by caley View Post
Per Ryan Rishaug of TSN

https://twitter.com/TSNRyanRishaug/s...58644130017280

Just a quick word of warning, other team's fans Hemsky is not a terrible player, and Oilers fan he's not a Hall of Famer yet, either.
This is true, he is not a bad player, but he isn't worth the contract he signed based on last year's performance, and if I'm a rival GM, Tambellini has to take back a bad contract to unload him.

From the Leafs... I'd do Lombardi + 4th 2013.

I know it's ingratious, but that's the plight the Oilers are in. As a rival GM, I see Hemsky as a big problem for the Oilers, making way too much money in the 3rd line winger role.

If the Oilers want to fix that problem, it'll cost them. If another GM wants to pay the exhorbitant cost Tambellini set at the deadline, so be it but it wouldn't be worth it for me.

indigobuffalo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 09:04 AM
theoil

The only way the Oilers can get close to value for Hemsky is to keep him and play him. Probably until the TD. Oiler fans are really the only ones who see value in him at the moment and that is how it is with any player that has been injured a lot the last few years. Nobody else is going to listen or care that he is one of the most talented and entertaining players in the league until he plays healthy for a season and that is just the way it is.

Especially on a fan message board where 'what have you done lately' inflates and deflates value on a weekly basis.

theoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 09:15 AM
wahoyaho

I don't understand what point you are trying to make with your last statement. Of course it's "what have you done lately" when the player in question has been injury ridden with a huge undeserved contract. Why are you trying to unload Hemsky if you're not looking at the "what have you done lately"

And no, it's not on a weekly basis. Hemsky has had negative value for quite a long time now. At least to the rational fans of other teams. I'm sure most Oilers fans don't feel that way, but that's reality.

Old
07-03-2012, 09:43 AM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoil View Post
The only way the Oilers can get close to value for Hemsky is to keep him and play him. Probably until the TD. Oiler fans are really the only ones who see value in him at the moment and that is how it is with any player that has been injured a lot the last few years. Nobody else is going to listen or care that he is one of the most talented and entertaining players in the league until he plays healthy for a season and that is just the way it is.

Especially on a fan message board where 'what have you done lately' inflates and deflates value on a weekly basis.
Even if he's completely healthy until the trade deadline, a team is not going to give up what some Oilers fans perceive as "fair value." 3/4's of a season doesn't convince teams that he's suddenly overcome his injury woes and is a safe bet to be an impact forward on a regular basis. There's no denying the skill, but $5m for two more years for a player who might give you 60 games of hockey each year is a serious gamble.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 09:48 AM
Live from Rexall

Quote:

This is easy.
Brewer-Woywitka-Lynch for Pronger
It does happen

Live from Rexall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 10:07 AM
Live from Rexall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Even if he's completely healthy until the trade deadline, a team is not going to give up what some Oilers fans perceive as "fair value." 3/4's of a season doesn't convince teams that he's suddenly overcome his injury woes and is a safe bet to be an impact forward on a regular basis. There's no denying the skill, but $5m for two more years for a player who might give you 60 games of hockey each year is a serious gamble.
NYR handed out 7.5 million a year to Gaborik who up until that point had never played a full 82 game season. Gaborik is a .89 ppg player and Hemsky is a .77ppg.

I think people forget that the cap continus to go up and what was a 5 million per year player in 05-06 is now a 7.5 million player. Hemsky was a 4.1 million player on a sweetheart deal in 06-07 so with inflation 5 million is about right.

I have no concerns about Hemskys shoulders now, after he got destroyed by Kronwall. He got right back up barely missed a shift. Wouldnt suprise me if he played 80 games this year.

Live from Rexall is offline   Reply With Quote