HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Cristobal Huet

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-01-2012, 12:02 PM
  #1
Shrimper
Trick or ruddy treat
 
Shrimper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Essex
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 72,069
vCash: 50
Cristobal Huet

Entered the free agency market.

What's his worth and were will he go?

Shrimper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 12:05 PM
  #2
Captain Saku
Registered User
 
Captain Saku's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Montreal
Posts: 11,015
vCash: 500
I dont think he's coming back to the nhl. If he does, 1 year for 1 million as a backup.

Captain Saku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 12:05 PM
  #3
Flukeshot
Holmgren activate!
 
Flukeshot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Milton, Ont
Country: Antarctica
Posts: 1,834
vCash: 50
I think he'd have to take a Martin Gerber to EDM type contract. He's an unknown commodity now. I think he would have done better for himself going to the KHL rather than the NLA for the past 2 years.

Flukeshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 12:06 PM
  #4
Hawksfan2828
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Libertyville, IL
Posts: 8,494
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrimper View Post
Entered the free agency market.

What's his worth and were will he go?
If he gets lucky and gets a deal it would be like a Ray Emery/Marty Turco deal.

I'm just glad the Hawks don't have to pay him anymore.

Hawksfan2828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 12:06 PM
  #5
xX Hot Fuss
Registered User
 
xX Hot Fuss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 11,083
vCash: 500
He should sign long term with the Hawks

xX Hot Fuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 12:08 PM
  #6
Hawksfan2828
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Libertyville, IL
Posts: 8,494
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Saku View Post
I dont think he's coming back to the nhl. If he does, 1 year for 1 million as a backup.
I don't even think he is worth that....

He may get lucky and get more than that from a club that has to hit the cap floor. 1.75ish

Hawksfan2828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 12:10 PM
  #7
Christmas Izzy
Moderator
FollowmeonInstagram!
 
Christmas Izzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 50,859
vCash: 500
I don't see him being anywhere in the NHL, maybe AHL. He wasn't able enough to play well with Chicago two years ago, I don't think hes better now.

Christmas Izzy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 12:10 PM
  #8
NewtJorden
SharksPackersAstros
 
NewtJorden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Rimouski
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,072
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to NewtJorden
I don't think he'll come back in the NHL

NewtJorden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 12:14 PM
  #9
Psycho Papa Joe
Porkchop Hoser
 
Psycho Papa Joe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Cesspool, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,356
vCash: 500
I'd still rather him than Budaj for Price's backup.

Psycho Papa Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 12:14 PM
  #10
SpezDispenser
Registered User
 
SpezDispenser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 14,590
vCash: 500
League minimum IMO.

SpezDispenser is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 12:15 PM
  #11
Hawksfan2828
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Libertyville, IL
Posts: 8,494
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by fst6 View Post
I don't see him being anywhere in the NHL, maybe AHL. He wasn't able enough to play well with Chicago two years ago, I don't think hes better now.
I suppose he was OK - he just wasn't worth his contract. If the Hawks were in a better cap position he would have stayed with the club.

He did make one of the most badass saves I've ever seen though against Detroit in the playoffs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XoxzKl5vxTE

When I saw that I was like "OMG"

Hawksfan2828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 12:18 PM
  #12
afrobomber11
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Flin Flon Manitoba
Country: Canada
Posts: 378
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawksfan2828 View Post
I suppose he was OK - he just wasn't worth his contract. If the Hawks were in a better cap position he would have stayed with the club.

He did make one of the most badass saves I've ever seen though against Detroit in the playoffs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XoxzKl5vxTE

When I saw that I was like "OMG"
My thoughts exactly, he wasnt bad, just wasnt enough bang for buck, its the same thing as souray, redden, and finger, none of those guys are bad dmen, they just have/had poor cap hits for their value

afrobomber11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 12:20 PM
  #13
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator
 
Blackhawkswincup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chicagoland
Country: United States
Posts: 111,169
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawksfan2828 View Post
I suppose he was OK - he just wasn't worth his contract. If the Hawks were in a better cap position he would have stayed with the club.

He did make one of the most badass saves I've ever seen though against Detroit in the playoffs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XoxzKl5vxTE

When I saw that I was like "OMG"
No he wouldn't of

He was not NHL caliber goalie at end

He was a complete disaster ,, Look at that 2010 team and look at how badly he played behind it

He is done as an NHL goalie ,, He was done in 2010

No team will bring him on ,, He would have to sign a 2way deal and risk playing in AHL to get anything done

My guess is he stays in Europe to finish his career

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 12:21 PM
  #14
MildlyAwesome
Rational Leaf Fan
 
MildlyAwesome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 955
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by afrobomber11 View Post
My thoughts exactly, he wasnt bad, just wasnt enough bang for buck, its the same thing as souray, redden, and finger, none of those guys are bad dmen, they just have/had poor cap hits for their value
Im not sure if it's funny but I find it interesting that they sign these deals (and they have to) but if you're not a star, you simply can't leave money on the table especially when your limited career can end instantly. These deals they sign end their NHL career (not Souray but other three).

Any one else like this? Took too much money, ended up having to be buried?

MildlyAwesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 12:25 PM
  #15
Hawksfan2828
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Libertyville, IL
Posts: 8,494
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
No he wouldn't of

He was not NHL caliber goalie at end

He was a complete disaster ,, Look at that 2010 team and look at how badly he played behind it

He is done as an NHL goalie ,, He was done in 2010

No team will bring him on ,, He would have to sign a 2way deal and risk playing in AHL to get anything done

My guess is he stays in Europe to finish his career
He wasn't "bad" - he could have been a perfectly competent backup (15-20 games)..... It was that tandem crap that didn't work...

I bet you'd be singing a different tune if his cap hit was more like Emery's...

Fans seem to underrate a player when they don't live up to their contract.... Obviously Huet didn't, but that doesn't mean that he was "bad."

If his cap hit was less he would have been a Hawk until today (unless he was traded of course)... The Hawks dumped him because of his cap hit - I thought that was plainly obvious.

Hawksfan2828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 12:29 PM
  #16
Barney Gumble
Registered User
 
Barney Gumble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 20,378
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawksfan2828 View Post
He wasn't "bad" - he could have been a perfectly competent backup (15-20 games)..... It was that tandem crap that didn't work...

I bet you'd be singing a different tune if his cap hit was more like Emery's...

Fans seem to underrate a player when they don't live up to their contract.... Obviously Huet didn't, but that doesn't mean that he was "bad."

If his cap hit was less he would have been a Hawk until today (unless he was traded of course)... The Hawks dumped him because of his cap hit - I thought that was plainly obvious.
Emery had a different team (far less deep) infront of him than Huet did.

Barney Gumble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 12:31 PM
  #17
the
Registered User
 
the's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 869
vCash: 500
I wish Huet all the best, he's a class act and true team player. I only have good things to say about the CristoWall

the is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 12:31 PM
  #18
Hawksfan2828
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Libertyville, IL
Posts: 8,494
vCash: 500
Huet went 46-29 in his career with the Hawks... He had a 2.51 GAA..

Yeah I would call that "not bad" BWC....

Hawksfan2828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 12:36 PM
  #19
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator
 
Blackhawkswincup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chicagoland
Country: United States
Posts: 111,169
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawksfan2828 View Post
Huet went 46-29 in his career with the Hawks... He had a 2.51 GAA..

Yeah I would call that "not bad" BWC....
Wins = Not a good way to judge a goalie

GAA = More his D

His sv pct was joke , The goals he allowed were joke and him nearly killing the 2010 team was an indictment of him

He was awful goalie ,, Truly a terrible experience

Huet makes Crawford look like Patrick Roy

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 12:37 PM
  #20
Hawksfan2828
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Libertyville, IL
Posts: 8,494
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barney Gumble View Post
Emery had a different team (far less deep) infront of him than Huet did.
I thought Emery wasn't bad either....

Besides, the 2010 Hawks were way better than the 2009 Hawks. IMO the 2009 Hawks were similar to the 2012 Hawks....

Hawksfan2828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 12:42 PM
  #21
Hawksfan2828
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Libertyville, IL
Posts: 8,494
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Wins = Not a good way to judge a goalie

GAA = More his D

His sv pct was joke , The goals he allowed were joke and him nearly killing the 2010 team was an indictment of him

He was awful goalie ,, Truly a terrible experience

Huet makes Crawford look like Patrick Roy
I'm getting sick of people throwing goalies under the bus and placing a teams success on the D......

I will agree tho that Huet let in some awful goals but he also made some awesome saves.

He had a .902 sv percentage with the Hawks - that isn't that "bad." He also had 7 shutouts...

How many shut outs did Corey "Patrick Roy" Crawford have last season?? Oh yeah, NONE...

Hawksfan2828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 12:42 PM
  #22
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator
 
Blackhawkswincup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chicagoland
Country: United States
Posts: 111,169
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawksfan2828 View Post
I'm getting sick of people throwing goalies under the bus and placing a teams success on the D......

I will agree tho that Huet let in some awful goals but he also made some awesome saves.

He had a .902 sv percentage with the Hawks - that isn't that "bad." He also had 7 shutouts...

How many shut outs did Corey "Patrick Roy" Crawford have last season?? Oh yeah, NONE...
Sure if this was 1992 ,, A .902 sv pct in 2 yrs with team in 2009/10 is a joke

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 12:48 PM
  #23
Benji Frank
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 1,650
vCash: 500
If he wanted to come back to north america, someone will give him $1M. Leighton just got $1M & gustafson $1.5M.

I bet he's someone's 1B fairly soon....

Benji Frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 12:51 PM
  #24
Hawksfan2828
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Libertyville, IL
Posts: 8,494
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Sure if this was 1992 ,, A .902 sv pct in 2 yrs with team in 2009/10 is a joke
You do realize in his career he is ranked 14th all time in save percentage???

Hawksfan2828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 12:52 PM
  #25
VanNucks
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 176
vCash: 500
He's a million/yr, quality backup. One year deal.

The biggest problem with him was his contract and his inability to handle a full workload. He should be a capable back up.

VanNucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:25 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.