HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Free Agent Frenzy Thread (1/7/12)

Closed Thread

Old
07-03-2012, 03:24 PM
CarknerCountry

vCash: 500
senators have 30 forwards under contract for bingo and ottawa..without signing de costa and daugs something is brewing...

Old
07-03-2012, 03:47 PM
Xspyrit

Quote:
Originally Posted by bacon25 View Post
Its amazing how many posters on here expect Murray just to go out and get every single ****ing player available, like they all are just dreaming of coming to Ottawa to play hockey.

Everybody needs to go outside and take a walk and realize that there are 29 other GM's that are working to get the same 3 or 4 friggin players.
What the heck?

We should sign every NHL player available and see what happens after!

We should also acquire other team's stars for our scrubs! If we can't do that, it's because Murray get fleeced all the time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarknerCountry View Post
Again seriously..Zibby,Weir,Greening,1st PR is damaging our future?
Wait are you suggesting we should trade

Zibanejad (6th overall pick last year)
Wiercioch (2nd round pick, still a good prospect)
Greening (good 3rd liner, has as much value as Foligno, or will soon)
1st in 2013 (no idea where we will pick but it could easily be top-10 with today's parity)

for Bobby Ryan?

Ryan is a great young player but he only cracked 70 pts once. He has a good cap hit (5.1 for 3 more years) but not sure if we should spend 2 (possible) EARLY first round pick for him + other decent assets

Look how it blew up in Toronto's face in the Kessel deal, even if Kessel is a very good player.

Old
07-03-2012, 03:48 PM
The Lehner
#LehnerTime

The Sens contract situation is odd to be sure - currently, there are 44 players under contract for 2012-13:

Forwards (30):

Alfredsson, Spezza, Michalek, Turris, Neil, Latendresse, Z.Smith, Greening, Regin, Condra, Butler, Zibanejad, Silfverberg, Stone, Hoffman, Prince, Schneider, Cowick, Cannone, Petersson, Culek, Grant, Jessiman, Kramer, Pageau, Dziurzynski, Hamilton, Caporusso, and both Noesen & Puempel (who both could go back to the OHL)

Defencemen (11):

Karlsson, Cowen, Methot, Phillips, Gonchar, Lundin, Borowiecki, Wiercioch, Wideman, Blood, Claesson

Goalies (3):

Anderson, Bishop, Lehner

PLUS - The Sens current have 3 more forwards as restricted free agents (O'Brien, Daugavins, Da Costa) plus Gryba on "D". I haven't seen confirmation from the Sens on Benoit signing, so I left him out of the above list.

Something's gotta give.

On a perhaps unrelated note, the Ducks only have 8 NHL forwards under contract for 2012-13 (Getzlaf, Perry, Ryan, Koivu, Cogliano, Smith-Pelly, Belesky, Staubitz) ...hmm.

Old
07-03-2012, 03:59 PM
Qward
Because! That's why!

It is looking like Suter and possibly Parise are leaning towards Detroit

Old
07-03-2012, 04:01 PM
GimmeMyJetpack
Classless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qward View Post
It is looking like Suter and possibly Parise are leaning towards Detroit
i thought detroit already confirmed they are out for parise?

**EDIT
Guess i read wrong on this one...Rosen posted 5 hours ago Detroit is on Parise.

Old
07-03-2012, 04:06 PM
Qward
Because! That's why!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GimmeMyJetpack View Post
i thought detroit already confirmed they are out for parise?
Reports are stating a plane owned by the redwings was in WI and may have stopped in Minny too.

Old
07-03-2012, 04:13 PM
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJB View Post
No guarantee that any of our prospects even come close to being a Ryan there FQL.

I still say Murray should have just bitten the bullett and overpaid to move up to get Lando.

6th + that 21st pick or whatever for 2nd overall. Then still trade back up with Detroit to get Noesen who would have been there.

Lando + Noesen >>>> Zibanejad, Noesen, Puempel
1st off, there's no guarentee Noesen would have been there at that Detroit pick. I remember Bob Mackenzie saying he thought he was going between 20-25 based on the teams he spoke with. Who knows, it could have been Detroit who wanted him.

And of course there's the reality that none of our prospects get to Ryan's level or even the chance each and every one of them are total busts but the point is that they have to have some faith that the system can develop these players or else really, the whole rebuilding thing will be for nothing. Personally, I have a lot of hope that Turris will get to Ryan's level and Zibanejad or Noesen can be every bit as good as Landeskog.

Old
07-03-2012, 04:17 PM
CarknerCountry

Quote:
Originally Posted by FolignoQuantumLeap View Post
1st off, there's no guarentee Noesen would have been there at that Detroit pick. I remember Bob Mackenzie saying he thought he was going between 20-25 based on the teams he spoke with. Who knows, it could have been Detroit who wanted him.

And of course there's the reality that none of our prospects get to Ryan's level or even the chance each and every one of them are total busts but the point is that they have to have some faith that the system can develop these players or else really, the whole rebuilding thing will be for nothing. Personally, I have a lot of hope that Turris will get to Ryan's level and Zibanejad or Noesen can be every bit as good as Landeskog.
Man you really see no wrong with the Sens...

Old
07-03-2012, 04:24 PM
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup

Quote:
Man you really see no wrong with the Sens...
Yet, I see them finishing bottom 5 this season. Figure that out.

Old
07-03-2012, 04:24 PM
N86eAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qward View Post
Reports are stating a plane owned by the redwings was in WI and may have stopped in Minny too.
Appereantly the plane that landed flew off once more. People started to read into it more than it was I guess. Chances are it was only a normal meeting. Landed, talked, flew back home again without Mr.Suter on.

Old
07-03-2012, 04:25 PM
McFist
@*$&$#!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xspyrit View Post
Wait are you suggesting we should trade

Zibanejad (6th overall pick last year)
Wiercioch (2nd round pick, still a good prospect)
Greening (good 3rd liner, has as much value as Foligno, or will soon)
1st in 2013 (no idea where we will pick but it could easily be top-10 with today's parity)

for Bobby Ryan?

Ryan is a great young player but he only cracked 70 pts once. He has a good cap hit (5.1 for 3 more years) but not sure if we should spend 2 (possible) EARLY first round pick for him + other decent assets

Look how it blew up in Toronto's face in the Kessel deal, even if Kessel is a very good player.
He's scored over 30 goals in each of his last 4 seasons, and he's only 25. This is the type of player you make those deals for, especially when UFA's don't want to sign here, we get him under contract, and if he complains that this ain't Philly, though t*ts. And people saying that it would be "throwing away our future," he would be our future as a 25 year old. He wouldn't even be hitting his peak for another 2-3 years. My suggestion was the same deal without Greening.

Old
07-03-2012, 04:31 PM
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup

Quote:
Originally Posted by McFist View Post
He wouldn't even be hitting his peak for another 2-3 years.
When he becomes an Unrestricted Free Agent...

Old
07-03-2012, 04:34 PM
McFist
@*$&$#!!

Quote:
Yeah, I saw that comment coming. I don't disagree though. He could totally leave us in the lurch.

Old
07-03-2012, 04:35 PM
CarknerCountry

Quote:
Yet, I see them finishing bottom 5 this season. Figure that out.
As do i.....ok sorry lol

Old
07-03-2012, 04:38 PM
CarknerCountry

Quote:
Holy Crap man everyone becomes a UFA...so why trade right? some fans dont want a damn winner that pisses me off

Old
07-03-2012, 04:38 PM
wjhl2009fan

McFist
I wish people would stop saying ufa's don't want to sign here there is zero proof on that as for Ryan is he good sure is it worth to give up the farm for no he is not.

Old
07-03-2012, 04:39 PM
CarknerCountry

Quote:
Holy Crap man everyone becomes a UFA...so why trade right? some fans dont want a damn winner that pisses me off
you wait for the prospects to grow then.....you this dense?

Old
07-03-2012, 04:40 PM
wjhl2009fan

Quote:
Its a huge risk that could set the team back year you trade the 1st 2013 which could be a very very good player then you add Zibby/Stone and Ryan walks after a couple years that would set the team back big time.

Old
07-03-2012, 04:41 PM
CarknerCountry

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjhl2009fan View Post
McFist
I wish people would stop saying ufa's don't want to sign here there is zero proof on that as for Ryan is he good sure is it worth to give up the farm for no he is not.
then dont bother EVER making a deal a 25 30+ 4 straight year goal scorer LMFAO

Old
07-03-2012, 04:43 PM
wjhl2009fan

Quote:
then dont bother EVER making a deal a 25 30+ 4 straight year goal scorer LMFAO
The only way you make such a deal is if you get Ryan sign a new contract before the deal say 6-8 years.

Old
07-03-2012, 04:44 PM
CarknerCountry

Quote:
Its a huge risk that could set the team back year you trade the 1st 2013 which could be a very very good player then you add Zibby/Stone and Ryan walks after a couple years that would set the team back big time.
Lol you dont think Spezz will walk in two years if he doesnt see the team improving?

Old
07-03-2012, 04:45 PM
John Holmes*
Spuds MacLean™

So you try to negotiate an extension with Ryan, and if he is intent on free agency, you trade him.

Old
07-03-2012, 04:47 PM
McFist
@*$&$#!!

Quote:
McFist
I think the proof is that no UFA's have signed here. There's a reason why Murray ends up with the Gonchars and Kovalevs of the world. We never land the current big names, we get yesterday's big names.

Old
07-03-2012, 04:48 PM
John Holmes*
Spuds MacLean™

Quote:
Lol you dont think Spezz will walk in two years if he doesnt see the team improving?
The team will be better then. He has a young family, married to a local girl, and in all likelihood will be the Captain

I doubt he is much of a threat to just walk.

Old
07-03-2012, 04:52 PM
wjhl2009fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by McFist View Post
I think the proof is that no UFA's have signed here. There's a reason why Murray ends up with the Gonchars and Kovalevs of the world. We never land the current big names, we get yesterday's big names.
Just because no big name has landed here does not mean players don't want to sign here there are other teams in the mix even look at Toronto and Montreal they have had issues landing big free agents why because there are better offers out there.

Closed Thread