HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Calgary Flames
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Justin Schultz to take his talents to... ??

Old
06-30-2012, 06:57 PM
PhoenixDog
Flamer for Life !!!

vCash: 500
Justin Schultz to take his talents to... ??

Wow, Edmonton of all places! Oilers brass swoops in with help from Gretz and Coffey and Taylor Hall and they land the prized free agent.

With an embarrassment of riches with the likes of Eberle, Hall, Hopkins, Paajarvi, Yakupov, etc on the horizon and now Justin Schultz I have no problem admitting they're gonna be a scary bunch real soon. (its no secret around here i've been advocating a similar burn it to the ground style rebuild - but thats an entirely different discussion).

I admit to not knowing much about Shultz before this, thats why it came as surprise when i learned that he would've gone in the top 2 or 3 selections in this years draft?? Wonder why we didn't pursue him harder?? He's from Kelowna and wanted to come back to western canada.

PhoenixDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2012, 07:00 PM
MarkGio

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixDog View Post
Wow, Edmonton of all places! Oilers brass swoops in with help from Gretz and Coffey and Taylor Hall and they land the prized free agent.

With an embarrassment of riches with the likes of Eberle, Hall, Hopkins, Paajarvi, Yakupov, etc on the horizon and now Justin Schultz I have no problem admitting they're gonna be a scary bunch real soon. (its no secret around here i've been advocating a similar burn it to the ground style rebuild - but thats an entirely different discussion).

I admit to not knowing much about Shultz before this, thats why it came as surprise when i learned that he would've gone in the top 2 or 3 selections in this years draft?? Wonder why we didn't pursue him harder?? He's from Kelowna and wanted to come back to western canada.
WTF? This is a Flames board. This thread belongs somewhere else.

MarkGio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2012, 07:05 PM
PhoenixDog
Flamer for Life !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkGio View Post
WTF? This is a Flames board. This thread belongs somewhere else.

Buddy have you been living under a rock?!?!? Schultz is all the twitter world has been talking about the past week. And my question is legit, we had more to offer Schultz and being from Kelowna he wanted back to Western Canada. What better place than Calgary? Would've basically been like getting a free 1st round pick and high one at that! Many hockey experts had him pegged at top 3 in this years draft. Instead we overpaid for wireman a # 5/6 dman and threw in a NMC to boot. I'm getting more and more pissed at feaster et al as with each passing move.

Old
06-30-2012, 07:12 PM
MarkGio

Quote:
Buddy have you been living under a rock?!?!? Schultz is all the twitter world has been talking about the past week. And my question is legit, we had more to offer Schultz and being from Kelowna he wanted back to Western Canada. What better place than Calgary? Would've basically been like getting a free 1st round pick and high one at that! Many hockey experts had him pegged at top 3 in this years draft. Instead we overpaid for wireman a # 5/6 dman and threw in a NMC to boot. I'm getting more and more pissed at feaster et al as with each passing move.
Have you? Feaster called and showed interest and Schultz compiled a list with his agent as the teams he would respond to. So again, why is this on our thread?

Old
06-30-2012, 07:22 PM
PhoenixDog
Flamer for Life !!!

Quote:
Have you? Feaster called and showed interest and Schultz compiled a list with his agent as the teams he would respond to. So again, why is this on our thread?
Didn't know you called the shots around here! Besides this topic is on the main page of majority of the Boards around the league. You sound bitter. Doesn't make the rest of us look too good.

Old
06-30-2012, 07:29 PM
Thumper17

My thoughts on Schultz?

Thumper17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2012, 07:32 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 50
Quote:

We tried very hard to lure him here but he had a list of 6 teams he wanted to go and we were not one of them for what ever reason. Honestly he is a huge ***** pulling this Lebron **** I hope he and Erixon are busts together.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2012, 07:47 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Dust Buster

vCash: 233
I'm sure Feaster made a hard pitch for him, obviously he found the Oilers more attractive.

Johnny Hoxville is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2012, 07:52 PM
Stewie Griffin
Stewie Hockey™

vCash: 1451
Quote:
Originally Posted by MVW View Post
I'm sure Feaster made a hard pitch for him, obviously he found the Oilers more attractive.
Considering it was all but guaranteed that he'd make the entry level max, the only thing more that the Oilers could offer over everyone else was playing time in the top four.

Stewie Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2012, 08:43 PM
Sean Monahan
#boring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie Griffin View Post
Considering it was all but guaranteed that he'd make the entry level max, the only thing more that the Oilers could offer over everyone else was playing time in the top four.
Actually, the Oilers didn't offer him guaranteed ice time or even promise him a roster spot.

Himself said he wants to earn the ice time and he thinks that's the way it should be.

Sean Monahan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2012, 09:08 PM
MarkGio

Quote:
Didn't know you called the shots around here! Besides this topic is on the main page of majority of the Boards around the league. You sound bitter. Doesn't make the rest of us look too good.
It's just that it's being discussed in the "around the league" sticky. Should we create a thread for every signing around the league? Think about it....

Old
06-30-2012, 09:20 PM
Devilspuppet666

i am glad we dont have him... i hate players like this... i think he shouldnt be allowed in the NHL, hes just a punk kid and we (in a way) avoided this situation (traded erixon for the 2nd's and horak).

i dont want any part of him, and i honestly beileve hes the next gilroy

Devilspuppet666 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2012, 09:40 PM
PhoenixDog
Flamer for Life !!!

Quote:
It's just that it's being discussed in the "around the league" sticky. Should we create a thread for every signing around the league? Think about it....
Hey Pal we're trying to have an adult discussion here.. you obviously have nothing to contribute. so please see yourself out or don't click on the link. people like you make our fan base look bad. Last thing we need is the guys up north thinking we're jealous or envious.

Its obvious the youth movement is helping other teams attract talent as no one wanted to play for the oilers in the past. Meanwhile our GM keeps throwing large wads of cash at borderline players and continually has to include the dreaded NMC. I really think we got things backward.

Both the oilers and flames have missed the playoffs the past 3 years but the oilers Hall, Hopkins and Yakupov to show for it and all we have is a high school prospect.

Old
06-30-2012, 09:44 PM
PhoenixDog
Flamer for Life !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilspuppet666 View Post
i am glad we dont have him... i hate players like this... i think he shouldnt be allowed in the NHL, hes just a punk kid and we (in a way) avoided this situation (traded erixon for the 2nd's and horak).

i dont want any part of him, and i honestly beileve hes the next gilroy
I remember Brunnstrom had the same hype around him and we all saw what happened there. I'm just hoping we are moving forward with our signings as opposed to delaying the inevitable.

Old
06-30-2012, 09:45 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Hey Pal we're trying to have an adult discussion here.. you obviously have nothing to contribute. so please see yourself out or don't click on the link. people like you make our fan base look bad. Last thing we need is the guys up north thinking we're jealous or envious.

Its obvious the youth movement is helping other teams attract talent as no one wanted to play for the oilers in the past. Meanwhile our GM keeps throwing large wads of cash at borderline players and continually has to include the dreaded NMC. I really think we got things backward.

Both the oilers and flames have missed the playoffs the past 3 years but the oilers Hall, Hopkins and Yakupov to show for it and all we have is a high school prospect.
Who is this boardline player you speak of?

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2012, 09:59 PM
MarkGio

Quote:

I understand you want to use this signing as weight for a youth movement arguement, but it still doesn't justify the thread. Why would I get on the Flames boards to read about Oilers signings?

And you still didn't answer the question... Should we start a new thread for each new signing around the league?

If everyone is going to give Flamesarmstrong22 a hard time about creating dumb threads, then all dumb threads should get scrutinized.

Old
06-30-2012, 10:08 PM
Stewie Griffin
Stewie Hockey™

vCash: 1451
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarome Iginla View Post
Actually, the Oilers didn't offer him guaranteed ice time or even promise him a roster spot.

Himself said he wants to earn the ice time and he thinks that's the way it should be.
True (that we know of) but the odds of regular ice time with the Oilers is pretty good, compared to a team like Vancouver.

Stewie Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2012, 11:00 PM
GoFlames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie Griffin View Post
True (that we know of) but the odds of regular ice time with the Oilers is pretty good, compared to a team like Vancouver.
True... heck my cat might get Oilers ice time

GoFlames is offline   Reply With Quote