HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sharks sign Adam Burish (reported 4 years/$1.85m per)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-01-2012, 09:57 PM
  #101
Channing Tatum
Step Up: On Ice
 
Channing Tatum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 326
vCash: 500
anyone else think pavelski might gave some direction to this signing by hinting to DW?

Channing Tatum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 10:34 PM
  #102
Kitten Mittons
Registered User
 
Kitten Mittons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: San Francisco
Country: Armenia
Posts: 47,776
vCash: 500
Now I know the free agency just started but our line-up seems pretty much set, except for one spot?

12-19-8
29-39-9
X-Handzus-Wingels
Galiardi-Desjardins-Burish

Kitten Mittons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 10:38 PM
  #103
Pinkfloyd
Registered User
 
Pinkfloyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Roseville
Country: United States
Posts: 37,355
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitten Mittons View Post
Now I know the free agency just started but our line-up seems pretty much set, except for one spot?

12-19-8
29-39-9
X-Handzus-Wingels
Galiardi-Desjardins-Burish
If so, we're in for another long and disappointing season.

Pinkfloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 10:45 PM
  #104
Negatively Positive
Stop Lying!
 
Negatively Positive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 6,326
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitten Mittons View Post
Now I know the free agency just started but our line-up seems pretty much set, except for one spot?

12-19-8
29-39-9
X-Handzus-Wingels
Galiardi-Desjardins-Burish
I prefer a lineup without Handzus. I wouldn't mind Dominic Moore back if his mind is right. My preference is for Pavelski to center a scoring third line but I wanted that last year and DW decided to let Wellwood go and put Pavs back in the top six. I doubt he's thinking of sending Pavs back to center the third line this year so the best option would be to re-sign Moore and solidify the third line center. DW really needs to at least re-sign Moore or Winnik. Both those guys are legit third liners and there's nobody on the team currently who are proven third liners. I'm not sold on Wingels or Gali. Handzus needs to retire. Desi and Burish are 4th liners. If we don't sign Winnik or Moore, we might need to somehow find 3 third liners or roll with deadweight like Handzus and unproven guys like Wingels and Gali for the third liner.

Negatively Positive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 10:46 PM
  #105
Kitten Mittons
Registered User
 
Kitten Mittons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: San Francisco
Country: Armenia
Posts: 47,776
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
If so, we're in for another long and disappointing season.
Yup.

He did say he's looking for wingers but I just don't know what's he up to. Our top-6 is just too slow, and unless he is willing to have Pavs run the third line, we need to trade both Clowe and Pavelski.

Maybe trade Clowe+Murray for a couple of second line tweeners and sign someone for the first line?

12-19-UFA
Trade-39-9
Trade-8-57

Kitten Mittons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 10:53 PM
  #106
Sharksfan83
Registered User
 
Sharksfan83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,637
vCash: 500
I just don't know why we HAD to have Pavs in the top6. We were relatively succesful using him as a 3rd line C. I liked him there. Pavs, Winnik and say Wingels on the third line would be a good shut down line..

Sharksfan83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 10:55 PM
  #107
Pinkfloyd
Registered User
 
Pinkfloyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Roseville
Country: United States
Posts: 37,355
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitten Mittons View Post
Yup.

He did say he's looking for wingers but I just don't know what's he up to. Our top-6 is just too slow, and unless he is willing to have Pavs run the third line, we need to trade both Clowe and Pavelski.

Maybe trade Clowe+Murray for a couple of second line tweeners and sign someone for the first line?

12-19-UFA
Trade-39-9
Trade-8-57
Maybe but I don't know if he wants all that kind of turnover even with the need for it. With all the issues this team had, I don't think they have enough to make the moves and add the coach they need to turn it around.

Pinkfloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 11:02 PM
  #108
Lebanezer
Registered User
 
Lebanezer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: New York
Country: Lebanon
Posts: 2,962
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
If so, we're in for another long and disappointing season.
Seriously. I am afeard.

Lebanezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 11:07 PM
  #109
Pinkfloyd
Registered User
 
Pinkfloyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Roseville
Country: United States
Posts: 37,355
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebanezer View Post
Seriously. I am afeard.
We all should be because now we're relying on finding an idiot to take Handzus or giving away someone for them to take him. I can honestly see Pavelski or Clowe getting moved with Handzus for something severely underwhelming to move him...and if not, we get to suffer another year of his services.

Wonderful options for the team right now.

Pinkfloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 11:08 PM
  #110
Mafoofoo
Custom User Title
 
Mafoofoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 13,770
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
If so, we're in for another long and disappointing season.
On the flip side it won't be so disappointing if we all expect the worst.

Mafoofoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 11:08 PM
  #111
Kitten Mittons
Registered User
 
Kitten Mittons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: San Francisco
Country: Armenia
Posts: 47,776
vCash: 500
How are you going to move Zeus if he has an NMC?

Kitten Mittons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 11:10 PM
  #112
KirbyDots
Registered User
 
KirbyDots's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Mountain View, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 5,581
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
Maybe but I don't know if he wants all that kind of turnover even with the need for it. With all the issues this team had, I don't think they have enough to make the moves and add the coach they need to turn it around.
I can see two ways we can make this team better, either give Pavs the 3rd line and sign a top 6 and maybe Moore or keep Pavs on the top line and get two good tweeners to play on the third. Murray or Demer can be traded with a pick for a winger if we can't get a ufa. Think DW will try for the former.

KirbyDots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 11:11 PM
  #113
Pinkfloyd
Registered User
 
Pinkfloyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Roseville
Country: United States
Posts: 37,355
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafoofoo View Post
On the flip side it won't be so disappointing if we all expect the worst.
Even if you expect the worst, it's still disappointing when it becomes a reality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitten Mittons View Post
How are you going to move Zeus if he has an NMC?
You pray for a window that hasn't been released to the public a la Dany Heatley.

Pinkfloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 11:19 PM
  #114
CupfortheSharks
Registered User
 
CupfortheSharks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,102
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitten Mittons View Post
How are you going to move Zeus if he has an NMC?
Pride. He sat in the press box last year when the games really mattered. If DW finds a team that wants him he can give him a choice. Sit in the press box most of the year or go to a team that wants to play you. Handzus doesn't have any binding ties here. Most people would take the same pay to go to a team that want him rather than be a bench warmer.

CupfortheSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 11:19 PM
  #115
Pinkfloyd
Registered User
 
Pinkfloyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Roseville
Country: United States
Posts: 37,355
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KirbyDots View Post
I can see two ways we can make this team better, either give Pavs the 3rd line and sign a top 6 and maybe Moore or keep Pavs on the top line and get two good tweeners to play on the third. Murray or Demer can be traded with a pick for a winger if we can't get a ufa. Think DW will try for the former.
There is one way to make this team better that is necessary. Addition by subtraction by getting rid of Handzus. How they do that now w/o the buyout option, save for an arbitration, is beyond me.

This team has issues up front, on the blue line, in the net, and behind the bench and none of them have been fully addressed...some not addressed yet at all. However, there is plenty of off-season left. The problem is the longer he waits, the more the options dry up.

Pinkfloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 11:20 PM
  #116
sharkbite3
Custom boozer title
 
sharkbite3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Seaside, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,635
vCash: 500
According to NHL.com, Burish does not exist. -_-

sharkbite3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 11:23 PM
  #117
Kitten Mittons
Registered User
 
Kitten Mittons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: San Francisco
Country: Armenia
Posts: 47,776
vCash: 500
There hasn't been any sources that mentioned us in the Suter hunt, right? I would hope DW would at least make a pitch.

Kitten Mittons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 11:24 PM
  #118
Lebanezer
Registered User
 
Lebanezer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: New York
Country: Lebanon
Posts: 2,962
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
We all should be because now we're relying on finding an idiot to take Handzus or giving away someone for them to take him. I can honestly see Pavelski or Clowe getting moved with Handzus for something severely underwhelming to move him...and if not, we get to suffer another year of his services.

Wonderful options for the team right now.


What options?

Lebanezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 11:26 PM
  #119
Lebanezer
Registered User
 
Lebanezer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: New York
Country: Lebanon
Posts: 2,962
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
There is one way to make this team better that is necessary. Addition by subtraction by getting rid of Handzus. How they do that now w/o the buyout option, save for an arbitration, is beyond me.

This team has issues up front, on the blue line, in the net, and behind the bench and none of them have been fully addressed...some not addressed yet at all. However, there is plenty of off-season left. The problem is the longer he waits, the more the options dry up.
Doug is notorious for waiting a little too long.

Lebanezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 11:26 PM
  #120
KpopandHockey
HFBoards Sponsor
 
KpopandHockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 9,517
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkbite3 View Post
According to NHL.com, Burish does not exist. -_-
Chris Pronger was right.

KpopandHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 11:31 PM
  #121
CupfortheSharks
Registered User
 
CupfortheSharks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,102
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
There is one way to make this team better that is necessary. Addition by subtraction by getting rid of Handzus. How they do that now w/o the buyout option, save for an arbitration, is beyond me.
If there are no takers, they can just sit him in the press box. Yes, it's a waste of cap space but unless DW makes a move to bing in a big dollar player that really doesn't matter.

CupfortheSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 11:33 PM
  #122
MadmanSJ
Know Your Onion!
 
MadmanSJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: San Jose
Country: United States
Posts: 1,317
vCash: 500
I wonder how the rest of the team will react to Burish coming in hot?

Remember a few years ago when Murray said Niemi better not come in with a chip on his shoulder when the team signed him?

Perhaps we don't have to worry about this when they trade Murray! (fingers crossed!)

MadmanSJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 11:33 PM
  #123
jwhitesj
Registered User
 
jwhitesj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Pleasanton, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,095
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
If so, we're in for another long and disappointing season.
Are you really suprised?

jwhitesj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 11:34 PM
  #124
Pinkfloyd
Registered User
 
Pinkfloyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Roseville
Country: United States
Posts: 37,355
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CupfortheSharks View Post
If there are no takers, they can just sit him in the press box. Yes, it's a waste of cap space but unless DW makes a move to bing in a big dollar player that really doesn't matter.
If there were no takers, they should have bought him out. 833k over two years and roughly 900k in money savings is better than him rotting in the press box for the season. We don't need another Niittymaki situation.

Pinkfloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 11:35 PM
  #125
Pinkfloyd
Registered User
 
Pinkfloyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Roseville
Country: United States
Posts: 37,355
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwhitesj View Post
Are you really suprised?
To some extent, yes. I mean, it's not over with yet obviously but this isn't the first step that I would expect and the lack of movement with Handzus is the most concerning for me right now.

Pinkfloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:15 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.