HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official 2012 Coyotes Off-Season Thread (part 2)

Old
07-04-2012, 10:38 PM
DesertDawg

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by drgregg View Post
I have been wondering about this, when does actually worrying about the cap floor need to happen? I assume that ceiling and floor will move with the next CBA, so does it matter if we aren't above the floor by Sept? Mouser, anyone?
ceiling matters during the off season but the floor doesn't until the season starts and hopefully after the CBA is ratified. If the season starts before the new CBA is ratified then there may be a problem, but considering that I heard a report that had 2/3 of the teams not showing a profit, I wouldn't be too concern about it. It would be like forcing a team to not have a profit and you can not argue that this team wouldn't be competitive.

DesertDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 10:43 PM
cobra427

Yandle has high trade value but I don't think they want to move him, but would do so if they got a great deal that included a true number one center. Morris has little value as a trade chip (old and slow) but they would move him. Klesla and OEL have value but they aren't moving either of them. Shlemko played really well until he was injured, so i think he is better then some think, because he was injured and didn't have time to get back in his groove late in the playoffs.

The coyotes have, perhaps the best combination of defensemen and starting goalie in the NHL, and that is a winning combination in the playoffs. I doubt GMDM will trade the top 4, Yans, Z, OEL, or Klesla. I think it will be Morris, Schlemko, maybe one of the prospects that gets moved for a top 6 forward. I think GMDM and his patience will pay off, later this summer or even after the first 20 games when other GM's become more desperate and make stupid decisions.

cobra427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 11:03 PM
Colt45Blast
is in your head

Can Chris Pronger still play?

Colt45Blast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 11:07 PM
Colt45Blast
is in your head

Quote:
Originally Posted by naurutger View Post
Nash was traded to LA...ha, the steve kind

According to Gambo anyways so joke could be on me, but huge chance for the Coyotes to take over the valley next year!
Yea

Stave Nash was traded to the Kings. So much for that 1st line winger that will give us that edge we need.

Old
07-04-2012, 11:09 PM
pacerhimself

Oh man I forgot how horrible and cluttered CP24 was.

pacerhimself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 09:23 PM
Colt45Blast
is in your head

Kevin Porter signed with Buffalo.

Old
07-05-2012, 11:49 PM
clayman

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Wow. That's amazing. Pretty good deals. Plus I'm sure they are mostly front loaded with tons of signing bonus. I think I heard Dreger and MacKenzie say the first two years are only 2mil in salary and 9mil in bonus. So both will get nine mil today, two mill over the course of the season and another nine mil. a year from today. That means each man will make 20mil in the next 365 days.
Hard to even imagine... Good to be them! lol..

clayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 07:38 AM
GLM

pens fan here...didnt feel like scrolling through 15 pages (yes im being lazy and at work booooo!! lol) is it still thought that the yotes will entertain yandle?

good luck next season and thanks for any info

GLM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 08:51 AM
DesertDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLM View Post
pens fan here...didnt feel like scrolling through 15 pages (yes im being lazy and at work booooo!! lol) is it still thought that the yotes will entertain yandle?

good luck next season and thanks for any info
as Maloney puts it, he will entertain any offers if it improves the Coyotes! So it would be for an overpayment. Think of the Goligoski trade, except the Coyotes would prefer a center over a d'man.

IMO Neal and Sutter would get the Coyotes thinking, but then again, the Pens can't afford to give up a top wing

Old
07-06-2012, 09:39 AM
GLM

thx...dont think neal would be available.

was just inquiring.

take care

GLM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 10:23 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

It does sound absurd but Neal is the only piece they have for us in a Yandle trade. Nothing else other than the obvious would help us be a better team.

07-06-2012, 10:50 AM
DesertDawg

Quote:
It does sound absurd but Neal is the only piece they have for us in a Yandle trade. Nothing else other than the obvious would help us be a better team.
I would love for the Coyotes to get Sutter, but not for the price of Yandle.
The 'availability' of Yandle has diminished since the signing of free agents, or in other words, the difference between the needs to be filled at the draft and now have changed and upgrading (certain) positions does not have to be a priority as long as the Coyotes re-sign Doan.

Old
07-06-2012, 10:53 AM
RedMenace
Zero ***** Given

Hey guys, Wings fan coming in peace (hopefully not leaving in pieces)...

... just curious as to whether or not you guys would consider a Franzen+ for Yandle swap?

EDIT -- Oops, just saw the "proposal" on the FAF board that essentially addressed this... please delete at your discretion.

Last edited by RedMenace: 07-06-2012 at 11:12 AM.
RedMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 11:10 AM
drgregg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannschaft View Post
Hey guys, Wings fan coming in peace (hopefully not leaving in pieces)...

... just curious as to whether or not you guys would consider a Franzen+ for Yandle swap?
Definitely not leaving in pieces, but I know I would not consider Franzen a reasonable centrepiece in a Yandle trade.

Also, is your user name your last name by any chance?

drgregg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 11:11 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

No. I wouldn't anyway. It sounds cruel, ignorant or homerish but I would not trade Yandle for your entire top ten prospect list. I like a lot of those prospects, and have seen most of them play. A primary difference between wings fans and Yotes fans is that we've seen a ton of can't miss, high end, elite "A" prospects completely flame out fail and bust. You guys have seen some long shots come out of nowhere and do really well. Having said that, I've seen dozens and dozens of Smiths, Jurcos, Jarnkroks, Pulkkinens, Sheahans, and Tatars never amount to much. All of them have good skills and nice upsides. All of them are fifty fifty shots at best. I'd bet any amount of money that none become even close to as effective as Yandle. That's no insult as Yandle is a number one defenseman and that's incredibly hard to become. No prospect the Wings own the rights to will ever have that value.

rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 11:18 AM
RedMenace
Zero ***** Given

Quote:
No. I wouldn't anyway. It sounds cruel, ignorant or homerish but I would not trade Yandle for your entire top ten prospect list. I like a lot of those prospects, and have seen most of them play. A primary difference between wings fans and Yotes fans is that we've seen a ton of can't miss, high end, elite "A" prospects completely flame out fail and bust. You guys have seen some long shots come out of nowhere and do really well. Having said that, I've seen dozens and dozens of Smiths, Jurcos, Jarnkroks, Pulkkinens, Sheahans, and Tatars never amount to much. All of them have good skills and nice upsides. All of them are fifty fifty shots at best. I'd bet any amount of money that none become even close to as effective as Yandle. That's no insult as Yandle is a number one defenseman and that's incredibly hard to become. No prospect the Wings own the rights to will ever have that value.
Quote:
Originally Posted by drgregg View Post
Definitely not leaving in pieces, but I know I would not consider Franzen a reasonable centrepiece in a Yandle trade.
Fair enough. What would be something reasonable () as a starting point for Yandle? Is it even something you see as doable from a Coyotes perspective?

Quote:
Also, is your user name your last name by any chance?
Nah, just German for "team."

Old
07-06-2012, 11:25 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

I wish I could help. I honestly believe there is Jo trade to be made with Yandle going to Detroit that i would be happy with. Clearly your elite players aren't going anywhere.

The asking price for Yandle is players that are first line fowards or are extremely likely or almost certainly going to he first line forwards as soon as next season.

Keith Yandle is just entering his prime, he's already a legitimate number one D, who has Norris upside, and is signed to a very cheap contract. You don't find many players with more trade value than that.

Old
07-06-2012, 11:27 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

In other news: both Sam Gagner and TJ Oshie have filed for arbitration. Just food for thought.

Old
07-06-2012, 11:28 AM
RedMenace
Zero ***** Given

Quote:
I wish I could help. I honestly believe there is Jo trade to be made with Yandle going to Detroit that i would be happy with. Clearly your elite players aren't going anywhere.

The asking price for Yandle is players that are first line fowards or are extremely likely or almost certainly going to he first line forwards as soon as next season.

Keith Yandle is just entering his prime, he's already a legitimate number one D, who has Norris upside, and is signed to a very cheap contract. You don't find many players with more trade value than that.
Also, fair enough. Thanks for the input!

Old
07-06-2012, 11:45 AM
lanky

Quote:
In other news: both Sam Gagner and TJ Oshie have filed for arbitration. Just food for thought.
The Blues won't let go of Oshie, but Gagner could be had. He doesn't seem like a Tippett player at this point in his career though.

lanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 11:54 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

He had the vest +/- on his team last year. Of course his career +/- is horrendous. Then again the Oilers have been awful since well before they drafted him. Of course on a team with Martin Hanzal, Boyd Gordon, David Moss and Kyle Chipchura, it's not as though he's ever going to he asked to kill penalties, or anything like that. He's only 22 and has five full seasons in the NHL averaging .60ppg over that span. That's pretty impressive. Just a kid but a grizzled vet already. Very consistent production season by season and hes only 22. It should improve. That's something to consider. If he's a .60ppg guy at 18, 19, 20, 21, and 22 how much will he produce at 24, 25, 26, 27, and 28?

Old
07-06-2012, 12:26 PM
Gwyddbwyll

Quote:
That's something to consider. If he's a .60ppg guy at 18, 19, 20, 21, and 22 how much will he produce at 24, 25, 26, 27, and 28?
Most likely 0.6ppg ?

While the Oiler fans are not viewing this thread, he's a nice asset. No superstar but what he's done is actually pretty impressive. He probably qualifies for UFA at 25 though ?

Gwyddbwyll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 12:26 PM
BUX7PHX

Quote:
He had the vest +/- on his team last year. Of course his career +/- is horrendous. Then again the Oilers have been awful since well before they drafted him. Of course on a team with Martin Hanzal, Boyd Gordon, David Moss and Kyle Chipchura, it's not as though he's ever going to he asked to kill penalties, or anything like that. He's only 22 and has five full seasons in the NHL averaging .60ppg over that span. That's pretty impressive. Just a kid but a grizzled vet already. Very consistent production season by season and hes only 22. It should improve. That's something to consider. If he's a .60ppg guy at 18, 19, 20, 21, and 22 how much will he produce at 24, 25, 26, 27, and 28?
Chipchura was awful on the PK last year. Part of why he was sent down so early in the year and why we had to use Langkow or Doan in there.

What about Rundblad to MIN for Brodziak and a pick?

BUX7PHX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 12:35 PM
lanky

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUX7PHX View Post
Chipchura was awful on the PK last year. Part of why he was sent down so early in the year and why we had to use Langkow or Doan in there.

What about Rundblad to MIN for Brodziak and a pick?
Blaghh. Let's develop Rundblad and see what he can do before we dangle him for a PKer.

lanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 12:35 PM
PhoPhan

To get to the floor, Maloney is going to have to trade for one and possibly two highly paid forwards. Here's a list of a few candidates, with their cap hits in parentheses. I only included guys I think could possibly be traded, both from their current teams and to the Coyotes.

Nathan Horton ($4 million)
Mike Cammalleri ($6 million)
Brian Gionta ($5 million)
Erik Cole ($4.5 million)
Ryan Malone ($4.5 million)
Jason Pominville ($5.3 million)
Tim Connolly ($4.75 million)
Ales Hemsky ($5 million)
Shawn Horcoff ($5.5 million)
Milan Michalek ($4.3 million)
Tuomo Ruutu ($4.75 million)
Nik Antropov ($4 million)