HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official 2012 Coyotes Off-Season Thread (part 2)

Old
08-29-2012, 09:38 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

vCash: 500
I don't think MTL would let Cole go just to be rid of Gomez.

Hecht's concussions issues are much, much more relevant than Connolly's. Isn't Hecht basically done?

Morrison has barely played the last wo seasons himself.

I guess the scrap heap is the scrap heap, at thus point, and it really comes down to personal preference. Haha.

08-29-2012, 11:26 PM
BUX7PHX

Would Boston ever move Peverley?

Rundblad and a 3rd is the best offer I could come up with....

BUX7PHX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2012, 01:12 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUX7PHX View Post

I could see Boston moving The Raptor Jesus for the right price. I love The Raptor Jesus and i think he'd be a PERFECT fit here. Still, the price we'd have to pay scares the crap out of me.

rt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2012, 02:20 AM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUX7PHX View Post

I just want to give you credit for not attempting to shoe horn Yandle into the deal!

Sinurgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2012, 01:19 PM
YotesFan47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinurgy View Post
I just want to give you credit for not attempting to shoe horn Yandle into the deal!
Hahaha thats pretty funny. He does get thrown into a lot of proposals and I'm no exception for doing it.

Yea I knew hecht had some issues but I didnt think it was any worse than Connolly at this point but yea we are basically picking up left overs with these guys. Actually I wouldn't mind giving Benn an offer sheet. 4.5/3 years maybe? Would put Dallas real close to the perceived new cap and a rival so if we managed to somehow pry him away it could be a great asset to our team. We would only lose a 1st and a 3rd.

YotesFan47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2012, 02:07 PM
DesertDawg

I'm hoping the new CBA favors the Coyotes.
Reduction in the cap and Amnesty Buy Outs may give the 'Yotes opportunities to tweak their roster. I don't think the cap will get reduced to $58Mil, more like $61.6Mil (50-50)

unless the Bruins can get someone to take Thomas off their hands (wonder what it would take, since the Coyotes will probably have the space), they may be forced to trade a roster player, doubt they'll buy out anyone
Heatley may be the big name in the buy outs, most I suspect, will be considered depth players
Canucks may end up dumping Luongo (compare to his actual worth)
May make the Flames look real hard at rebuilding the franchise or at least in trading Bouwmeester
Sharks may have to reduce their cap hit

wouldn't mind Connolly at a reduce rate (if he gets bought out). I've convinced myself that he would have the same kind of chemistry with Korpikoski as Vermette has with Boedker.

Last edited by DesertDawg: 08-30-2012 at 07:54 PM.
DesertDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2012, 02:09 PM
WJF

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Tonight on the main forum I learned that Keith Yandle is actually a terrible defenseman and he apparently only plays "sheltered" minutes. It appears thirty seven point two of all minutes in a hockey game are sheltered. Yeah, it would seem that playing in the NHL is actually remarkably easy and basically anyone can do it. Who knew? Thanks main board! If anybody needs me, I will be training to take Yandle's job. I mean, I won't be training very hard, or anything. Why bother? Couple of push ups, a few raw eggs in a glass and a nice long nap. I'll be in the top ten in Norris voting in consecutive years in no time.
Yes, exactly, and because of his poor Corsi score, we apparently couldn't get anything better than a second rounder for Yandle.

So we're best off just keeping him and continuing to shelter him so that he can continue vying for the Norris every year.

Glad that posters in the main forum solved our dilemma.

WJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2012, 09:53 PM
BUX7PHX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinurgy View Post
Lol. The simple fact is that we could move him, if for the right price. Right now, my guess is that the value presented is not good enough. However, I would not put it past Maloney to see what happens during the season, and he may wind up getting moved. Heck, I may be thinkimg the wrong D-man and we move Klesla.

All I know is that until Doan is re-signed, offense is a giant need, and while our D can get us some offensive talent in a trade, a player like Stone or Summers does not get us a top 6 forward. Players like Yandle and Klesla can....

BUX7PHX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2012, 01:48 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

I had a dream last night that there was a press conference with Bettman, Jamison, Maloney, Tippett, and Doan all lined up at a table. Bettman announced the sale to Jamison, Jamison announced a five year extension for Maloney, Maloney announced a five year extension for Tippett, and Tippett announced a five year extension for Doan. It was beautiful.

*wipestear*

Old
09-01-2012, 05:02 PM
moosemeister

Quote:
I had a dream last night that there was a press conference with Bettman, Jamison, Maloney, Tippett, and Doan all lined up at a table. Bettman announced the sale to Jamison, Jamison announced a five year extension for Maloney, Maloney announced a five year extension for Tippett, and Tippett announced a five year extension for Doan. It was beautiful.

*wipestear*
It feels like I'm there now

moosemeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2012, 06:22 PM
MP

Quote:

*wipestear*
I have dreams like that too on occasion, although mine differ in the sense that the press conference always takes place in a hot tub in the locker room, and everybody's taken their shirts off, and Doan's holding a cowboy hat and a lasso, and I wake up just as he's about to put the hat on my head.

Is that weird?

MP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2012, 06:57 PM
AZcoyotes
So... Now what?

Quote:

*wipestear*
I might die if this happens.

AZcoyotes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2012, 07:32 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP View Post
I have dreams like that too on occasion, although mine differ in the sense that the press conference always takes place in a hot tub in the locker room, and everybody's taken their shirts off, and Doan's holding a cowboy hat and a lasso, and I wake up just as he's about to put the hat on my head.

Is that weird?
Uhhhhhhhhh....yeah that's weird. In my dreams it's always Tyson Nash that embraces my head with a cowboy hat.

Old
09-01-2012, 07:49 PM
RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP View Post

Is that weird?

I so needed a big laugh today. Thank you! If they're also wearing their spurs in the hot tub, then it's weird.

RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2012, 08:29 PM
Magnifique

Magnifique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2012, 08:53 PM
Kaizen

Martinook signed to ELC as per TSN.

I'll add a link later.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=404305

Last edited by Kaizen: 09-02-2012 at 12:10 PM.
Kaizen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2012, 10:35 PM
PHX FireBirds18

Nice. I look forward to seeing more for Martinook. My sample size was two small but I did see good speed and awareness. People will be happy to know that he drives the net hard and constantly. Thought he was going to crash into the goalie a couple times at camp.

PHX FireBirds18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2012, 11:35 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHX FireBirds18 View Post
Nice. I look forward to seeing more for Martinook. My sample size was two small but I did see good speed and awareness. People will be happy to know that he drives the net hard and constantly. Thought he was going to crash into the goalie a couple times at camp.
He definitely looks like a bull on YouTube. His fights and goals, etc.

Old
09-02-2012, 03:36 AM
Rabbit
Captain Cook

I just want one later draft pick to work out. Please. I know Yandle is a prime example, but other than that we never seem to have any luck with that.

Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2012, 11:45 AM
Sindiggy
Go Desert Dogs

Yep, the only late round picks to work out for the Coyotes have been Yandle & Winnik. That is it.

Unless you count Porter, but he left before he was doing anything with the Yotes.

Sindiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2012, 08:05 PM
PHX FireBirds18

Quote:
He definitely looks like a bull on YouTube. His fights and goals, etc.
Yeah this is the unfortunate thing about the prospect camp. You don't get to see the true nasty side of players like Arnold, Brown, Samuelsson, Martinook, Holland, and Hextall. Which make their games so effective. Some of the smaller player like Shinnimin and Fejes really shined probably partly because of this. Either way small or large, all our players for the most part had a real sense of urgency in puck battles which is a Tip trademark. Think I already said this, but top end talent in years past has been better but the forward depth this year was much better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbit3119 View Post
I just want one later draft pick to work out. Please. I know Yandle is a prime example, but other than that we never seem to have any luck with that.
I'm hoping Holland will work out for us as a later round pick. We have a plethora of talented dmen playing on the left. It would be nice to have someone even on the bottom pairing play a nasty game but still make solid decisions with the puck from the right. Thinking somewhere in between Engelland and Greene would be nice. He's probably a few years off from pro but I think he's going to make a real impact for his college team. Didn't look raw to me at all compared to all the other dmen who came from much better leagues.

PHX FireBirds18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2012, 10:04 PM
DesertDawg

I wonder what the Bruins would offer to take Thomas ($5Mil) off their cap hit, if the cap goes down as expected. The Islanders and the Coyotes are the only 2 teams that could possibly take on the hit. With only 2 teams that could bail them out, they could demand alot. Probably a 1st round pick would do it. Maybe the 'Yotes can force the Bruins to make a trade they don't want to do. Peverley could potentially veto it with his NTC. Krejc, Hamiton, and Lucic (a long shot). And I don't think any other player who could be available would interest the Coyotes.

All other teams, I would suspect, that need to get under the cap, would use the buy out amnesty (that is expected to be implemented). But then again, we don't know what kind of salary cap they are talking about (hard or soft).

I know, probably wishful thinking!

DesertDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2012, 10:08 PM
SniperHF
Global Moderator
destination unknown

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbit3119 View Post
I have a feeling that guy will be Domingue. Long path though.

SniperHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2012, 12:08 PM
AZviaNJ
@AZviaNJviaNY

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertDawg View Post
I wonder what the Bruins would offer to take Thomas ($5Mil) off their cap hit, if the cap goes down as expected. The Islanders and the Coyotes are the only 2 teams that could possibly take on the hit. With only 2 teams that could bail them out, they could demand alot. Probably a 1st round pick would do it. Maybe the 'Yotes can force the Bruins to make a trade they don't want to do. Peverley could potentially veto it with his NTC. Krejc, Hamiton, and Lucic (a long shot). And I don't think any other player who could be available would interest the Coyotes.

All other teams, I would suspect, that need to get under the cap, would use the buy out amnesty (that is expected to be implemented). But then again, we don't know what kind of salary cap they are talking about (hard or soft).

I know, probably wishful thinking!
Heard Edmonton might be the favorite to land Thomas' salary with Peverly included in the deal.

AZviaNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2012, 12:34 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZviaNJ View Post
Heard Edmonton might be the favorite to land Thomas' salary with Peverly included in the deal.
You heard that? It sounds completely ridiculous to me. Where did you hear that? Hockeybuzz?