HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Minnesota Wild
Notices

Guillaume Latendresse scouting report

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-01-2012, 01:50 PM
  #1
internetdotcom
11 + 15 + 19 = 666
 
internetdotcom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Capital O
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,271
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to internetdotcom Send a message via Yahoo to internetdotcom
Guillaume Latendresse scouting report

Greetings Wild fans,

Sens fan, coming in peace and all that. Just wondering if you could be so kind as to give us Sens fans a scouting report on him, since most of us haven't seen much of him since he left Montreal. We are aware he has had some issues with fitness and injuries, I was thinking more of a report on his game - strengths, weaknesses, areas/situations where he can be best utilized, etc.

Thanks in advance!

internetdotcom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 01:53 PM
  #2
forthewild
Registered User
 
forthewild's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 3,564
vCash: 500
he is big and plays big, has a good shot and recently developed a good work ethic. you will love him as long as he plays like he did in MN, two years ago he was out of shape and caused an injury, last year it was two hits from behind that concussed him. we are all sad to see him go and wish him the very best in ottawa.

he can easly pot 25-30 goals if healthy and motivated, both which i think he is.

i think he is a going to be a good power play guy, he's big and can cause havoc in front of the net, perfect to give Erik Karlsson room to light the league up

forthewild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 01:54 PM
  #3
OpRedDawn
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 4,105
vCash: 127
Dude's a beast. He was my favorite player on the team.

OpRedDawn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 01:55 PM
  #4
rynryn
Progress to the Mean
 
rynryn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Minny
Country: United States
Posts: 20,719
vCash: 50
best sign for you guys is he's super motivated to prove himself. if he can manage to stay healthy he should be nice and productive or at the very least a great physical presence. for $1.2m even that wouldn't be bad.

rynryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 01:57 PM
  #5
mnwildgophers
Registered User
 
mnwildgophers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: MN
Country: United States
Posts: 4,497
vCash: 500
He was one of our best players last year and will fit in nice with your guys on the 2nd line I'd think. He's good at scoring goals, and he was motivated last year, but a concussion held him out of the lineup. He came into camp in great shape and was ready to do well, however, he has had some injury issues, so it's hard to count on him being in the lineup the whole year which is why the Wild were cautious about giving him a qualifying offer.

mnwildgophers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 01:58 PM
  #6
geowild
Mostly Harmless
 
geowild's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Northwest 'burbs
Posts: 295
vCash: 500
Excellent, soft hands for a guy that size. He can finish.

If you can keep him on the ice, you probably just got a steal.

geowild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 01:59 PM
  #7
internetdotcom
11 + 15 + 19 = 666
 
internetdotcom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Capital O
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,271
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to internetdotcom Send a message via Yahoo to internetdotcom
Thanks for the info guys/gals! Is his shot good enough to work the point on the PP, or is he better suited to crowd the net? Michalek is on our first PP unit and does that a lot, so we may have to put him on PP2.

Also, don't know how much you know about Spezza, but do you think he'd mesh well on a line with Spets and Michalek? (Most Sens fans think that is where we'll start him, as we've been looking for another sniper to play on Spezza's other wing).

internetdotcom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 02:01 PM
  #8
rynryn
Progress to the Mean
 
rynryn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Minny
Country: United States
Posts: 20,719
vCash: 50
he's not a point guy IMO.

rynryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 02:02 PM
  #9
squidz*
dun worry he's cool
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: South of the Border
Country: United States
Posts: 11,897
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by internetdotcom View Post
Thanks for the info guys/gals! Is his shot good enough to work the point on the PP, or is he better suited to crowd the net? Michalek is on our first PP unit and does that a lot, so we may have to put him on PP2.

Also, don't know how much you know about Spezza, but do you think he'd mesh well on a line with Spets and Michalek? (Most Sens fans think that is where we'll start him, as we've been looking for another sniper to play on Spezza's other wing).
He should probably be put in front of the net on the PP. He played very very well with Koivu, so I would expect him to be a good linemate for Spezza.

squidz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 02:07 PM
  #10
Randy BoBandy
Cheeseburger Party
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Sunnyvale
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,062
vCash: 500
I can easily see 20+ goals next year if he can stay healthy.

Randy BoBandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 02:12 PM
  #11
rynryn
Progress to the Mean
 
rynryn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Minny
Country: United States
Posts: 20,719
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patp14 View Post
I can easily see 20+ goals next year if he can stay healthy.
all depends on that, and where they play him.

rynryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 02:12 PM
  #12
internetdotcom
11 + 15 + 19 = 666
 
internetdotcom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Capital O
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,271
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to internetdotcom Send a message via Yahoo to internetdotcom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patp14 View Post
I can easily see 20+ goals next year if he can stay healthy.
Sens fans dearly hope so.

We do have a pretty awesome training/fitness staff, so hopefully he can get and stay healthy.

internetdotcom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 02:27 PM
  #13
geowild
Mostly Harmless
 
geowild's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Northwest 'burbs
Posts: 295
vCash: 500
He's really more of a side of the net guy. That guy when the puck goes plop on the ice within his reach on a rebound, he's going to bury it more often than not, rather than whiff or just push it back into the goalie's pads or stick. Or take a great pass from someone else and bury it. Most of his goals are going to come within 20' of the net. He doesn't have a cannon. His wrister is okay, but nothing special.

If he gets a step on a d-man, he can just hold that guy off and drag him to the net and still score.

In theory he should be able to do the tip kind of stuff that front of the net requires, but I've never seen him do it. He's got the hands for it, certainly. Don't know if he hasn't been given the opportunity, or he doesn't like pucks shot at him that hard.

geowild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 02:34 PM
  #14
IronRangeHockey
Registered User
 
IronRangeHockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Iron Range
Country: United States
Posts: 320
vCash: 500
He's a horse with a good shot, good hands. When healthy!

IronRangeHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 04:03 PM
  #15
Spawnisen
Believe.
 
Spawnisen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 2,002
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by geowild View Post
He's really more of a side of the net guy. That guy when the puck goes plop on the ice within his reach on a rebound, he's going to bury it more often than not, rather than whiff or just push it back into the goalie's pads or stick. Or take a great pass from someone else and bury it. Most of his goals are going to come within 20' of the net. He doesn't have a cannon. His wrister is okay, but nothing special.

If he gets a step on a d-man, he can just hold that guy off and drag him to the net and still score.

In theory he should be able to do the tip kind of stuff that front of the net requires, but I've never seen him do it. He's got the hands for it, certainly. Don't know if he hasn't been given the opportunity, or he doesn't like pucks shot at him that hard.
This

I couls see him mesh well with Michalek and Spezz but not as a point guy on PP

Spawnisen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 04:07 PM
  #16
Jarick
Moderator
Doing Nothing
 
Jarick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: St Paul, MN
Country: United States
Posts: 22,782
vCash: 500
Ottawa STOLE Lats. STOLE him.

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 04:08 PM
  #17
TaLoN
All Hail the FBJ!
 
TaLoN's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Farmington, MN
Country: United States
Posts: 12,160
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by forthewild View Post
he is big and plays big, has a good shot and recently developed a good work ethic. you will love him as long as he plays like he did in MN, two years ago he was out of shape and caused an injury, last year it was two hits from behind that concussed him. we are all sad to see him go and wish him the very best in ottawa.

he can easly pot 25-30 goals if healthy and motivated, both which i think he is.

i think he is a going to be a good power play guy, he's big and can cause havoc in front of the net, perfect to give Erik Karlsson room to light the league up
No, the first time was, but the second time was due to a hit HE dished out himself, then admitted he came back too soon.

TaLoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 04:09 PM
  #18
Avder
Moderator
Is only game.
 
Avder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Moorhead, MN
Country: United States
Posts: 27,724
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
Ottawa STOLE Lats. STOLE him.
Cant really fault them. It's like putting a bag full of money in the shed out back and then not even putting a twisty tie on the door to keep it shut.

Ottawa is blameless. Its GMCF who is at fault.

Avder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 04:10 PM
  #19
Jarick
Moderator
Doing Nothing
 
Jarick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: St Paul, MN
Country: United States
Posts: 22,782
vCash: 500
No, I'm saying Ottawa got a HELL of a deal on him. And I hope he scores 30 goals next year.

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 04:19 PM
  #20
Avder
Moderator
Is only game.
 
Avder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Moorhead, MN
Country: United States
Posts: 27,724
vCash: 50
Pretty much, yeah.

Avder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 04:22 PM
  #21
TaLoN
All Hail the FBJ!
 
TaLoN's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Farmington, MN
Country: United States
Posts: 12,160
vCash: 50
I wish him success, but that price shows he simply wanted out. They can have him...he hardly played for us anyway.

TaLoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 04:31 PM
  #22
BigT2002
Registered User
 
BigT2002's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: some other continent
Country: United States
Posts: 11,921
vCash: 50
Put him on a line with Spezza and watch him get it done.

BigT2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 04:33 PM
  #23
internetdotcom
11 + 15 + 19 = 666
 
internetdotcom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Capital O
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,271
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to internetdotcom Send a message via Yahoo to internetdotcom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
No, I'm saying Ottawa got a HELL of a deal on him. And I hope he scores 30 goals next year.
You and the entire Ottawa fanbase both.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaLoN View Post
I wish him success, but that price shows he simply wanted out. They can have him...he hardly played for us anyway.
Why was he so unhappy?

internetdotcom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 04:33 PM
  #24
rynryn
Progress to the Mean
 
rynryn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Minny
Country: United States
Posts: 20,719
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
Ottawa STOLE Lats. STOLE him.
is it really theft if that's pretty much all anyone would give him? some of you (not you, Jarick) are still acting like he was going to be some massively in-demand free agent. not the case.

rynryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 04:35 PM
  #25
Avder
Moderator
Is only game.
 
Avder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Moorhead, MN
Country: United States
Posts: 27,724
vCash: 50
We don't know what other offers he had, by the way. Assuming he is serious about wanting to be close to his kid, he could have accepted that deal based on location alone.

Avder is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:38 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.