HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Free Agent Frenzy 2012 - ALL NON-RANGER UFA TALK AND SIGNINGS HERE! (PART II)

Closed Thread

Old
07-01-2012, 05:12 PM
Mats Zuccarelli
NY Hockey Rangers

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtrap View Post
You could argue that Nash isn't worth the money he makes...
Yes, you could, but who would give you more bang for your buck: Nash or Hemsky?

Old
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Hemsky has a toolbox.

It's just rusted, cracked, and missing a wheel. One more hit and it'll disintegrate.
Fine. You can of course never know that his shoulder won't be fixed, but there is of course a greater risk no matter what the doctors say.

But I have just about had it with a category of posters who know it all while knowing so little that it's ridiculous. And they have showed up en masse since we have played better...

Old
eco's bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
I think it depends on what you define has huge loss, I have different definition of that. I think Mitchell bought mobility and talent to the bottom 6 and without that same puck possession play, our 4th line will get more exposed throughout the season.

As for JAM, it's unfortunate that we let go of a talented kid who worked his butt off in attempts to get a contract - and we were stingy enough not to give him the money he earned.
I think Mitchell is better than people give him credit for but he is a replaceable kind of guy. Prust is harder--because of his courage, his fighting ability--taking on guys bigger than him and always answering the bell--and his pk'ing ability and being good at getting the puck out of his zone--good on the forecheck--good in board battles. All those things pk'ing, forechecking, board battles, fighting--better than Mitchell. Throw in blocking shots.

Again I wouldn't mind if Mitchell came back--but he was a 12th/spare forward to me. Better than guys like Newbury--his size and strength on the puck giving him an edge over a more talented MZA.

Guys like JAM are out there every year. These are the Richard Parks of the world. Sometimes they have good careers if they can find a niche somewhere. But JAM is a limited player. He's got to be a top 6 and he's not likely to bump one of our top 6. His defensive game--his physical game does not equate to a bottom 6 guy.

Old
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Aaron Portzline ‏
Quote:
@Aportzline
At this point, it looks like the #CBJ will sit tight - no more free agent activity - until Rick Nash trade goes down.
So never?

Old
07-01-2012, 05:13 PM
Mats Zuccarelli
NY Hockey Rangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Henrik 30 View Post
Gord Miller @GMillerTSN
Det signs Mikael Samuelsson to a two year deal.
I miss him

Old
Jim Morrison

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineice11 View Post
we do not know this for sure...it may be real quiet if the rangers are in on parise...i'm not saying we are, my mind is open that rangers may be in on the parise sweepstakes
We're definitely not in the Parise-sweepstakes.

Old
Dustin Peener
HF Top 30

vCash: 1900
Quote:
Originally Posted by n8 View Post
There will surely be one of the "Hilter Rants" videos made in the aftermath of the Nash trade.
There is one of those for everything there was one after my local English League 1 soccer team lost in the promotion playoff final

Old
07-01-2012, 05:14 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
At this point, it looks like the ‪#CBJ‬ will sit tight - no more free agent activity - until Rick Nash trade goes down.
https://twitter.com/Aportzline/statu...53818285842432

Its going to be a long time then

Old
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadHookUp View Post
Puck Possession is only useful if you can do something constructive with it. Like set up a teammate of a goal, or score yourself. 2 things that Mitchell cannot do, but the people you listed above can. He doesnt fight, he doesnt score, he doesnt kill penalties, he contributes nothing on the power play. But because he is decent at protecting the puck.... that makes him talented, and we should keep him?
Those are tangible stats that don't majorly impact the game like possessing the puck though. Puck possession means less time for opponents to get shots off and when they get less time, Hank's night to stop pucks is easier.

Old
dtrap

Send a message via AIM to dtrap
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rad Brichards View Post
It honestly depends. If you are looking for production in proportion to salary then Hemsky might. For 7.8 million with a guy like Nash I prolly want 85 points. For 5 million for Hemsky I could stomach 55.

Old
07-01-2012, 05:15 PM
GregSirico
PUCK LUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Not happening anytime soon then.

Old
07-01-2012, 05:15 PM
Ola

Quote:
Nash of course.

But what could Hemsky cost, a 2nd and a 3rd? I am not sold on him either with his new contract, I would have taken a shot at him at the deadline. He might still be a option if we can't get Nash and co.

Old
07-01-2012, 05:17 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Nash will be a Ranger because he controls the situation and there is no other team in the mix unless SJ forks over Couture. SJ doesn't have much to trade. They made their big deal for Burns last June.

Old
07-01-2012, 05:18 PM
Mats Zuccarelli
NY Hockey Rangers

Katherine Dolan ‏@TSNDolan
#Parise: "Unless something happens dramatically the decision is in my hands - confident after thinking tonight I will have a decision tmrw."

Old
07-01-2012, 05:18 PM
Lundsanity30

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8 View Post
EK says that San Jose, Detroit, NY Rangers, Toronto are the only remaining teams in the Nash dealings.
I can't see them trading him to Det, and SJ won't give up Couture, though if they offer pavelski, that's game imo

Old
07-01-2012, 05:19 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
I think Mitchell is better than people give him credit for but he is a replaceable kind of guy. Prust is harder--because of his courage, his fighting ability--taking on guys bigger than him and always answering the bell--and his pk'ing ability and being good at getting the puck out of his zone--good on the forecheck--good in board battles. All those things pk'ing, forechecking, board battles, fighting--better than Mitchell. Throw in blocking shots.

Again I wouldn't mind if Mitchell came back--but he was a 12th/spare forward to me. Better than guys like Newbury--his size and strength on the puck giving him an edge over a more talented MZA.

Guys like JAM are out there every year. These are the Richard Parks of the world. Sometimes they have good careers if they can find a niche somewhere. But JAM is a limited player. He's got to be a top 6 and he's not likely to bump one of our top 6. His defensive game--his physical game does not equate to a bottom 6 guy.
I'll miss Prust too, but I think Mitchell will be as much of a loss as Prusty.

Agreed about JAM, but I just don't feel right that we basically gave away a player we developed.

Old
07-01-2012, 05:19 PM
frankthefrowner

Are all those teams on his list???

Old
07-01-2012, 05:22 PM
azrok22

Quote:
Katherine Dolan ‏@TSNDolan
#Parise: "Unless something happens dramatically the decision is in my hands - confident after thinking tonight I will have a decision tmrw."
I don't understand the first part of the quote. What could happen dramatically to take the decision out of his hands? Mind control? Someone holding a gun to his head? Are those expected scenarios?

Old
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

I don't think Eklund has a clue as far as Nash goes. He had him going to a bunch of random teams because he needed site traffic.

Old
sexton11

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankthefrowner View Post
Are all those teams on his list???
Dreger said today he believes it to be NYR, Phi and Sj, with Phi later saying they are out.

Old
07-01-2012, 05:23 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by azrok22 View Post
I don't understand the first part of the quote. What could happen dramatically to take the decision out of his hands? Mind control? Someone holding a gun to his head? Are those expected scenarios?

I'm thinking either alien invasion or zombie apocalypse.

Old
MadHookUp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
Those are tangible stats that don't majorly impact the game like possessing the puck though. Puck possession means less time for opponents to get shots off and when they get less time, Hank's night to stop pucks is easier.
So he is valuable to the team because the puck is on his stick for 12 seconds a night? You know what... you are right. We should have kept this guy. Lock him up for 10 years. I dont care if he couldnt manage a single goal with 60 minutes of power play time. Who cares if he contributes nothing offensively for this team. Who cares if we have a coach that continues to parade him out on the power play instead of someone with actual talent. For Mitchell holds the puck for 12 of the 3600 seconds in a game in the opposing teams end! Lundqivst GAA and SV% is going to sky rocket with him gone.

Old
eco's bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
Nash of course.

But what could Hemsky cost, a 2nd and a 3rd? I am not sold on him either with his new contract, I would have taken a shot at him at the deadline. He might still be a option if we can't get Nash and co.
To be honest--I'd be more inclined to take a look at Hemsky towards the deadline than now. Factoring in a potentially lower cap this year and a somewhat subpar year numbers wise for Hemsky this past season. The $5 mil cap hit is too much for now IMO. I'd have to have some confidence that he could at least produce at a 55-60 point level.

Old
07-01-2012, 05:24 PM
Lundsanity30

Do we know what howson is asking for? If its something like stepan, dubi, prospect, even though I'm not gonna move stepan, that's not overkill for a talent like Nash despite what people believe. Just my .02 and no I'm not advocating trading stepan. Just trying to be objective.

Old
07-01-2012, 05:25 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

18 players signed with MDZ and Stralman potentially the only two of ours left to sign with 18m in cap space.

Closed Thread