HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Where to Buy Authentic Kings Uniforms?

Old
06-01-2012, 11:36 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

vCash: 500
Where to Buy Authentic Kings Uniforms?

In the event that the Kings win the Cup, I was in pursuit of an authentic Kopitar jersey with the Stanley Cup Final patch and the "A" sewn on there, however, everywhere I have looked online only sells replicas. I looked at the following sites:

shop.nhl.com
teamlastore.com
icejerseys.com
rivercitysports.com

They all used to carry authentic jerseys, however, not a single one of those stores has any authentic jersey available for sale. I find this to be rather odd. Anyone know the particulars as to why authentic jerseys are not being sold anymore?

I'm guessing the expensive price point could be a reason for that, but I find that the replica uniforms feel and look to be of a cheaper quality than the real thing.

Ziggy Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 05:26 PM
SpooKy

Send a message via ICQ to SpooKy
Try jerseyexpress.com ... Seems legit to me

SpooKy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 05:36 PM
johnjm22

Shop.NHL.com must have just run out because I bought one from them last week. Maybe they've become a hot item recently and stores weren't ready for the demand.

You can get a Kopitar jersey with the "A" and the Stanley Cup patch on eBay for $250 right now: http://www.ebay.com/itm/ANZE-KOPITAR...ht_6136wt_1110

johnjm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 06:40 PM
Puck U
2012 SC CHAMPIONS !

If you want the BLACK HOME , and don't need an oversized one ...

http://www.hockeymonkey.com/reebok-h...hentic-la.html

normally $359.99, on CLEARANCE for $129.98, and they have a local store ... http://www.monkeysports.com/santa-ana/

PS ... I have bought stuff from them before, decent typical retail stuff and packaging at discounted prices, not a rip off. Good Luck.

Last edited by Puck U: 06-02-2012 at 06:50 PM.
Puck U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 12:40 AM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

So it seems that they're just completely out of stock of authentic jerseys. Boooo!

Old
06-03-2012, 12:42 AM
Puck U
2012 SC CHAMPIONS !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
So it seems that they're just completely out of stock of authentic jerseys. Boooo!
Did you see my first post ? the Authentics (w/ Fight strap and all) are $129.98, and the REPLICA's are going for $89.99.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck U View Post
If you want the BLACK HOME , and don't need an oversized one ...

http://www.hockeymonkey.com/reebok-h...hentic-la.html

normally $359.99, on CLEARANCE for $129.98, and they have a local store ... http://www.monkeysports.com/santa-ana/

PS ... I have bought stuff from them before, decent typical retail stuff and packaging at discounted prices, not a rip off. Good Luck.

Last edited by Puck U: 06-03-2012 at 12:48 AM.
Old
06-03-2012, 12:46 AM
Vamos Rafa
¡Vamos!

Does anyone know where I can get one of those soccer-style Kings scarves? A lot of fans were rocking them during the post-game show.

Last edited by TonySCV: 06-03-2012 at 01:50 AM. Reason: quoted text of a deleted post removed
Vamos Rafa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 12:48 AM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Did you see my first post ? the Authentics (w/ Fight strap and all) are $129.98, and the REPLICA's are going for $89.99.
Ah sorry, read that earlier on my phone. I am looking for a white away jersey, but that is a damn good deal they have going at hockey monkey. Thanks for sharing!

Old
06-03-2012, 12:52 AM
Puck U
2012 SC CHAMPIONS !

Quote:
Ah sorry, read that earlier on my phone. I am looking for a white away jersey, but that is a damn good deal they have going at hockey monkey. Thanks for sharing!
Ahhh yeah sorry can't help you on the WHITE AWAY's ... I kind of like the Look of those myself, better than the BLACK Home's please post an update if YOU find something, I haven't bought myself one of the RBK Edge jersey's yet, still rocking the older sweaters

Old
06-03-2012, 12:58 AM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

It seems that hockey-monkey is also out of the black home plate sweaters. The selections available from the drop down list appear to be the old home and away jerseys with the crown logo and purple trim.

I'm speculating here, but I'm wondering if there is a change coming to the material/fabric being produced for authentic uniforms, or, if the license with Reebok to manufacture jerseys is expiring and they are no longer producing them. It is quite puzzling how no current authentic jerseys are available from many online shops.

Might have to actually visit the Team LA Store and see if they have any hanging on the racks.

Old
06-03-2012, 01:54 AM
Zizou
Dont Mix Your Drinks

I bought my Kopitar authentic at the end of season sale. Might wanna wait for that. I'm sure they'll have Authentic jerseys there though I'm not sure if there'll be any Stanley Cup patch ones. But worth a look.

Zizou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 02:25 AM
niomosy

Quote:
Tempting to drive down there later today and visit them. For now, I'll be content with the CCM 550 gold/purple jersey I grabbed.

niomosy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 02:58 AM
Brodeur

Quote:
Originally Posted by niomosy View Post
Tempting to drive down there later today and visit them. For now, I'll be content with the CCM 550 gold/purple jersey I grabbed.
Definitely call ahead to make sure they have them in store. A lot of their stock is in a warehouse in Corona. I was there within the last couple of months and I vaguely recall that most of the NHL jerseys were replicas. Usually when I order equipment from them, they'll bring it in from Corona to Santa Ana within a couple days.

Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 02:58 AM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

Quote:
Ahhh yeah sorry can't help you on the WHITE AWAY's ... I kind of like the Look of those myself, better than the BLACK Home's please post an update if YOU find something, I haven't bought myself one of the RBK Edge jersey's yet, still rocking the older sweaters
I love the home jerseys other than the stupid white patches under the arms (armpits). Those seem so out of place.

RonSwanson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 02:59 AM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

Quote:
They have white away jerseys online now. FYI.

RonSwanson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 03:10 AM
niomosy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Definitely call ahead to make sure they have them in store. A lot of their stock is in a warehouse in Corona. I was there within the last couple of months and I vaguely recall that most of the NHL jerseys were replicas. Usually when I order equipment from them, they'll bring it in from Corona to Santa Ana within a couple days.
Good to know. Driving down from the SFV to Santa Ana only to find out they don't have it on hand would suck.

niomosy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 08:57 AM
nocturn

Anyone know where I can buy a circa 01'-02 custom Third Jersey? The Purple and Black with the shoelace neck? I have a Authentic Koho Deadmarsh with the Allstar and AM patches but I want a Laperrière now that he's retired. I dont care if its Koho or CCM, Authentic or Simi-Pro...just as long as it isnt China crap. I have a second set of All Star and AM patches I want to put on it.

Also, anyone know where I can buy a Chevron era Name/Number kit? I have a 92'-93Authentic CCM Black that ive been DYING to put Patty Conacher's name/numbers on for YEARS.

I've looked on ebay for years now for both but I'm tired of waiting for something to show up.

Any leads would be great.

nocturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 10:38 AM
KingsKnight
Reclaimed the Crown

Quote:
Originally Posted by nocturn View Post
Anyone know where I can buy a circa 01'-02 custom Third Jersey? The Purple and Black with the shoelace neck? I have a Authentic Koho Deadmarsh with the Allstar and AM patches but I want a Laperrière now that he's retired. I dont care if its Koho or CCM, Authentic or Simi-Pro...just as long as it isnt China crap. I have a second set of All Star and AM patches I want to put on it.

Also, anyone know where I can buy a Chevron era Name/Number kit? I have a 92'-93Authentic CCM Black that ive been DYING to put Patty Conacher's name/numbers on for YEARS.

I've looked on ebay for years now for both but I'm tired of waiting for something to show up.

I think Ice Jerseys is supposed to do good customization even for previous era jerseys. I've never used them myself, but they have an extensive page describing their attention to detail:

http://www.icejerseys.com/customization.php

KingsKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 12:07 PM
Whiskeypete

Quote:
Originally Posted by nocturn View Post

there is one on ebay now that looks like it may be the real deal. its been listed for weeks to date. looks to be customized to the owner and not a LA player.

i have one of these i bought back then and from the few pics it looks to be at least a Koho semi-pro version if not the pro weight version. they dont have a pic showing the bottom right hem/seam to verify, or close-up pics of the fabric either. you could try contacting the buyer for more pics.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-L-A-...#ht_500wt_1202

Whiskeypete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 02:30 PM
EagleBlack87
Score ze goals

Wanted to give this thread a bump. Is there anyplace anyone has come across lately for this year's home black authentic jersey?

EagleBlack87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 02:51 PM
Whiskeypete

i haven't seen any of the reputable sites with any. from what i've read you will have to wait until Aug-Sept until they are available again. i guess the cheap chinese labor Reebok uses is on vacation at this time

Whiskeypete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 05:17 PM
johnjm22

You can still get Richards or Doughy RBK jersey's (home & away) for $159 at shop.nhl.com.

Plus it's an extra 10% off it you use your Discover card.

Last edited by johnjm22: 07-04-2012 at 09:46 PM.
johnjm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 06:17 PM
itstheo54

pm me i have an authentic new black jersey its a #3 Johnson jersey but im trying to sell it for 150 Full authentic bought it 2 seasons ago size 50 which is about a size large

itstheo54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 07:29 PM
TonySCV
Two Timer!

EDIT: FINALLY remembered where I got my authentic Kings jersey from: https://www.jerseyexpress.com

I ordered it from jerseyexpress.com blank and had icejerseys.com customize it.

Not sure why it's so hard to locate authentics, but I'll certainly vouch for icejerseys.com for customization. You can send them a blank authentic and they will letter it for you. Everything is sewn on (no name panels - letters are sewn directly on the jersey). Top quality stuff. You can also get the Stanley Cup final patch added.

I had them do my Doughty authentic lettering for me and it came out perfect. Coupons here as well: http://www.retailmenot.com/view/icejerseys.com

- T

Last edited by TonySCV: 07-04-2012 at 07:36 PM.
TonySCV is offline   Reply With Quote