HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Montreal signs Francis Bouillon [1 year, $1.5M]

Old
07-01-2012, 03:12 PM
BaseballCoach

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Our defense will be awful this year. Now we have to trade one of Diaz, weber, kaberle as we're at 8 D

Markov, Emelin, Subban, Diaz, Weber, kaberle, Bouillon, Gorges
Or Weber is the 14th F, assuming Gomez is still in (or replaced by Leblanc or Galchenyuk or Palushaj)

BaseballCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 03:12 PM
1UP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Saku View Post
We still need a top 4D. We can't start the season with that weak defense.
Markov-Emelin
Subban-Gorges
Kaberle-Bouillon

The way I see it, it's an absolute beast of a defense, with a strong puck mover and a strong defensive player on every duo.

Diaz, St-Denis and Weber are borderline NHLers, and will be played as such. Diaz as 7th.

1UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 03:13 PM
Renholder
Racing like a pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68 View Post
NO ****NO**** NO****NO****NO****NOO WHYWHYYYYYYYYYYYy

pretty much sums up my feelings

Renholder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 03:13 PM
BenchBrawl
joueur de hockey

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
Prust is a fighter

No he's going to get inflated minutes because he's Therrien's brown-nosing little pupil. Just like Carbo overplayed Kosto, and Martin overplayed Darche and Pyatt, we'll have to see Bouillon on the ice all the ****ing time. What happened to Diaz and Kaberle?

On second thought, maybe it'll just be insurance in case Markov goes down. I hope he's just a depth d-man, but at the moment it seems unlikely.
A fighter for 2,5?¸

Bouillon is capable of fighting himself anyway

BenchBrawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 03:14 PM
LastRide

What kind of crap is this ?. He will be run out of town real quick. Gainey and Gauthier back with the organization ?.

LastRide is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 03:17 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenchBrawl View Post
Well , it is a fantastic deal for a filler player.There is something to be said about personality and desire to play for our club , and Bouillon is 10/10 on those factors.He's all heart.

He scored 4 goals last year , Prust scored 5 , in 16 more games.If you want to whine go whine in the other thread where we just signed a 5 goals player for 4 years at 2,5 million per year.
I think you're going to be really disappointed if goals/offense is anywhere on your expectations from Bouillon or Prust.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 03:17 PM
PyrettaBlaze*

PyrettaBlaze* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 03:18 PM
S Bah

Quote:
Fantastic signing , can't believe people are complaining on such a small $ deal for such a warrior who definitely WANT to play here.This only shows the complete lack of respect some fans have for the kind of players that are warriors and ready to suffer for the Montreal Canadiens , which Francis Bouillon is.Bouillon is one tough mother****er and he's a veteran with a good attitude who can still play.We aren't going to win the cup this year bunch of fools , signing Bouillon was a fantastic deal to bring a nice atmosphere in the club , he is a winner and our coach likes him.What's the problem?

To be honest I prefer a declining Francis Bouillon ready to die on the ice for his city than a declining Kaberle that is the softest player to ever play the game of hockey and has lost all his offensive skills , at 4+ millions.
The Habs have signed their tough defenceman with size,always liked Frankie one tough mothuh in my books.

S Bah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 03:19 PM
Mats NAslund

Quote:
Originally Posted by 29dryden29 View Post
Where is the puking smiley when you need one. For the good MB did bringing in Armstrong he just lost that stepping stone with this deal.
What a backwards signing! Wasted 1.5 million!

Like the Armstrong and Prust deals but I truly hate this one!

Mats NAslund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 03:19 PM
BenchBrawl
joueur de hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
I think you're going to be really disappointed if goals/offense is anywhere on your expectations from Bouillon or Prust.
It was only a way of putting things in perspective.

I prefer the Bouillon signing than the Prust signing.

BenchBrawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 03:20 PM
Belso

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1UP View Post
Markov-Emelin
Subban-Gorges
Kaberle-Bouillon

The way I see it, it's an absolute beast of a defense, with a strong puck mover and a strong defensive player on every duo.

Diaz, St-Denis and Weber are borderline NHLers, and will be played as such. Diaz as 7th.
You make a good point on the Duo's. I don't know how they will fair in comparison with other teams in September, but it's an improvement on last season for the first game of the season. a healthy Markov does a big difference...

Belso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 03:20 PM
29dryden29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats NAslund View Post
What a backwards signing! Wasted 1.5 million!

Like the Armstrong and Prust deals but I truly hate this one!
I agree I would have rather 1.5 million dollars in practice pucks over FB.

29dryden29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 03:22 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Quote:
A fighter for 2,5?¸

Bouillon is capable of fighting himself anyway
Bouillon:
http://www.hockeyfights.com/players/249

Prust:
http://www.hockeyfights.com/players/2257

One had 22 NHL regular season fights in his 650+ game career, the other had 20 NHL regular season fights last season.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 03:22 PM
Melvin Udall

Quote:
Of course he will. He's Therrien's boy, he's French and he sucks balls - he's going to squeeze out Diaz and Kaberle.

****ing stupid.
Agree!

Apparently he is indeed a Therrien guy going back to the QMJHL.

If (and I emphasize "if") Bouillon sees any where near top-4 D-Man ice time - the Habs will not make the playoffs in 2012-2013, which should give them another reasonably good choice in a strong 2013 Draft!

GO HABS GO!

Melvin Udall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 03:24 PM
1UP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belso View Post
You make a good point on the Duo's. I don't know how they will fair in comparison with other teams in September, but it's an improvement on last season for the first game of the season. a healthy Markov does a big difference...
Yeah, without Markov it looks like this for me

Gorges-Subban
Kaberle-Bouillon
Emelin-Diaz

You go from 2 pairs that you can play anytime against anyone to just 1. Markov being healthy is IMMENSE. Granted he is healthy and didn't lose the proverbial step.

And even then, Kaberle-Bouillon is a lot better than Kaberle-Weber (or, god help us, Campoli). Bergevin is right in saying you never have enough NHL caliber Ds, because when you lose one... owch.

Old
07-01-2012, 03:25 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Trade, or no potential trade coming ?

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 03:26 PM
MM425

Therrien loved Bouillon so I'm not surprised.

The Cube plays hard and competes every game so I don't think this is a bad signing as a 6/7 defenseman.

MM425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 03:33 PM
Miller Time

seems a bit much for a 7/8 dman... but for 1 year and with the cap at 70M$, the 500-700K premium may be worth it given Bouillion's character/intangibles.

Hope Frankie has a good year in him for us, and maybe his desire/competitivness can rub off on the likes of Kaberle... (we can only dream).

Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 03:35 PM
le_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1UP View Post
Markov-Emelin
Subban-Gorges
Kaberle-Bouillon

lol a beast of a defence? Come on. Three top 4 guys, if Markov can stay healthy.

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 03:39 PM
1UP

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
lol a beast of a defence? Come on. Three top 4 guys, if Markov can stay healthy.
You're tough.

Subban, Gorges and Markov are players most teams would feel no qualm playing on their 1st pairing.

Emelin is a solid 4th D, as is Kaberle. Kaberle's not good, but at 40 points a year, he's not a terrible liability.

Bouillon will be at his place as a #6/7 D.

It's pretty solid.

Old
07-01-2012, 03:44 PM
BaseballCoach

Quote:
Prust is a fighter

No he's going to get inflated minutes because he's Therrien's brown-nosing little pupil. Just like Carbo overplayed Kosto, and Martin overplayed Darche and Pyatt, we'll have to see Bouillon on the ice all the ****ing time. What happened to Diaz and Kaberle?

On second thought, maybe it'll just be insurance in case Markov goes down. I hope he's just a depth d-man, but at the moment it seems unlikely.
Martin did not overplay Pyatt. He played Pyatt to his strengths. The minute he stopped playing Pyatt, the team's won-lost record has never been the same.

In 2009-2010, Pyatt played 14 minutes per game in the playoffs and was our 8th forward in points. Every commentator gave him a lot of credit in being a key part of the supporting cast that killed penalties and checked the Ovechkin and Semin, Crosby and Malkin lines into the ground. Pyatt was able to sub in for Pouliot and Cammalleri and Kostitsyn when a key defensive mission was required and he delivered, big time. Just like he did for Team Canada Junior TWICE.

In 2010-11, the Habs were way over .500 when Pyatt played, quite a bit under .500 when Martin listened to the fans who wanted Pyatt out.

In 2011-12, Pyatt, who supposedly represented zero offense in the minds of our "knowledgeable fans" went to score more points for Tampa than all but our top 6 forwards and their top 6 forwards, while the Habs blew third period lead after third period lead and finished way under .500 again.

Now maybe one could say that Pyatt was not the only reason we won, nor his removal that we lost, but at THE VERY LEAST, no one can say he was hurting the team!!! Engqvist, Palushaj, Geoffrion, Darche, Nokelainen, Weber - none of these clowns were better. Meanwhile Cammalleri and Kostitsyn, even Desharnais at times, got exposed having to play in hold-the-lead situations.

Team players who make few mistakes and who, without taking penalties, grind out wins in tough situations are important.

Now, I don't know if Bouillon will fill that bill, but if he DOES fill it like Pyatt did, we will be successful.

BaseballCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 03:47 PM
LeMAD

We're still short of one top-4 dman, but Bouillon is an upgrade over Diaz and Emelin for sure.

LeMAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 03:48 PM
yianik

FB is all the positive things people have said, but Im still lost on it because we needed a big, physical top 4 defensive guy and now Im afraid we dont get him. My big pick was Garrison because though I know he brings offence, Garrison is solid defensively , is big, eats ice time, blocks shots and hits. Garrison wouldnt have been a bandaid addition but a core player on the D as he is only 27.

yianik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 03:49 PM
kassian
Emelin's face plate

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMAD View Post
Bouillon is an upgrade over Diaz and Emelin for sure.
No he's not. He doesn't score nor pass better than any of those two. He's old. He's small. He doesn't address any issue on the defensive end either.

kassian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 03:50 PM
Born in 1909
Hockey Royalty

Tinordi, Beaulieu, Ellis, Thrower... all coming soon enough.

People here should relax... as it is only ONE SEASON for cube.

Have some faith in management.

Born in 1909 is offline   Reply With Quote