HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Penguins sign Tanner Glass (2 years | $1.1M per)

Old
07-02-2012, 04:29 AM
Ugene Malkin
Bück Dich Baby!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasty Biscuits View Post
I wish we could just waive Adams to be honest.
In due time.

Ugene Malkin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2012, 05:14 AM
TheStinger
Non Omnis Moriar

Glass is your prototype 4th liner. Hits everything in sight, not especially offensively gifted but contributes enough and is great on a PK line. He is there when you want to hassle the crap out of the opposition top line and give them something to think about. I think he will fit right in to DB's system if he continues to work his butt off and put in on every shift.

TheStinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2012, 10:09 AM
Terrapin

Glass is said to have had 40 NHL fights. I think he's won one of them. lol. He and Craig Adams are going to run wild

Terrapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2012, 10:16 AM
WVP

Glad to have another hitter on the 4th line. We lost a bit of our relentless physical play from previous years.

Good riddance to Asham. Seems like a great guy but dude is SLOW these days and seems to have a bit of George Laraque syndrome - makes one decent play and starts playing like he's Gretzky for the rest of the game.

WVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2012, 10:27 AM
Shady Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrapin View Post
Glass is said to have had 40 NHL fights. I think he's won one of them. lol. He and Craig Adams are going to run wild
I guess it's a good thing he plays hockey and not boxing. I'll take the guy that is gritty, hard to play against, and is willing to fight over the slow, worthless goon. Oh and if you want the goon, we have him in the minors. Best of both worlds.

Shady Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2012, 10:29 AM
Shady Machine

Here is my 4th line:

Glass-Vitale-Tangradi

That line has size in Glass and Tangradi, grit and tenacity in Glass and Vitale, great defense and a bit of skill. I honestly love that 4th line. Of course I doubt we actually sit Adams.

Old
07-02-2012, 10:49 AM
Terrapin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady Machine View Post
I guess it's a good thing he plays hockey and not boxing. I'll take the guy that is gritty, hard to play against, and is willing to fight over the slow, worthless goon. Oh and if you want the goon, we have him in the minors. Best of both worlds.
We already have 3 or 4 of those guys: Adams, Vitale, Kennedy, etc.

Old
07-02-2012, 10:55 AM
Shady Machine

Quote:
So what do you want then? From the few posts I've read of yours recently, you seem to be quite concerned about our fighting ability. I'm more concerned about our ability to play hockey. I don't see how the Glass signing can be seen as a negative at all.

Old
07-02-2012, 10:56 AM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:
Glad I'm not the only person that believes that
Quote:
Here is my 4th line:

Glass-Vitale-Tangradi

That line has size in Glass and Tangradi, grit and tenacity in Glass and Vitale, great defense and a bit of skill. I honestly love that 4th line. Of course I doubt we actually sit Adams.
We'll need Tangradi and Jeffrey to both outplay him at camp. I can see Shero moving him. If he makes the 13 man roster, I think Bylsma will play him.
Quote:
We are building a hockey team here. Nothing wrong with multiple hockey players on the roster.

Ogrezilla is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2012, 10:58 AM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:
So what do you want then? From the few posts I've read of yours recently, you seem to be quite concerned about our fighting ability. I'm more concerned about our ability to play hockey. I don't see how the Glass signing can be seen as a negative at all.
It's not like the fighters we have had have even helped keep Sid and Geno healthy. Fighters in this era get revenge and put on side shows, they don't keep anybody safe.

Old
07-02-2012, 11:02 AM
Shady Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogrezilla View Post
It's not like the fighters we have had have even helped keep Sid and Geno healthy. Fighters in this era get revenge and put on side shows, they don't keep anybody safe.
Exactly. I think it's important to have the guys that are willing to step up when needed, but they don't have to be heavy weight champions. A guy like Glass can play 8-12 minutes a night of hard hitting, gritty, responsible hockey and will throw his body on the line to protect his teammates. I'll take a 4th line like that anyday over a goon line.

Old
07-02-2012, 11:04 AM
Shady Machine

Quote:
We'll need Tangradi and Jeffrey to both outplay him at camp. I can see Shero moving him. If he makes the 13 man roster, I think Bylsma will play him.
Yeah I really want Jeffrey to stay on the roster as well even if he's the 13th forward. Adams is more of a prototypical 13th guy but I know he will be a regular on the 4th line if he makes the team. Hopefully Jeffrey is hitting the gym hard this summer.

Old
07-02-2012, 11:18 AM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

even considering momentum swings and whatnot, does it actually matter if the guy WINS a fight? The biggest momentum swing I have ever seen from a fight came after Talbot got his ass handed to him by Carcillo. It's that feeling of "Man, he just got his ass beat for me" and you better go out there and earn it.

Old
07-02-2012, 11:22 AM
JTG

Quote:
Exact same thing could be said for Rupp, but it doesn't change the fact that the guy could shift momentum with one of his shifts where he decided to hit everything that moves.

JTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2012, 11:35 AM
Terrapin

Quote:
I think Glass is a nice addition. Personally I would have rather had Prust (not for 2 mil though) or even Asham back, but Glass should be fine.

I really just don't want to have to stomach the goon squads in Boston and NY steamroll our stars.

Old
07-02-2012, 11:38 AM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:
I think Glass is a nice addition. Personally I would have rather had Prust (not for 2 mil though) or even Asham back, but Glass should be fine.

I really just don't want to have to stomach the goon squads in Boston and NY steamroll our stars.
I don't think Asham would do anything more than Glass to prevent that. The guys that take runs in today's NHL do not mind either losing a fight, or simply skating away from one. Glass can come at them with hockey hits. Asham is lucky if he can catch somebody to give them an actual hit.

Old
07-02-2012, 11:42 AM
Terrapin

Quote:
I don't think Asham would do anything more than Glass to prevent that. The guys that take runs in today's NHL do not mind either losing a fight, or simply skating away from one. Glass can come at them with hockey hits. Asham is lucky if he can catch somebody to give them an actual hit.
That's true. Plus I think Asham is one good right cross away from being out of the league.

Honestly, as much as I hate the guy, I'd like to have Chris Neil.

Old
07-02-2012, 11:43 AM
Shady Machine

Quote:

When is the last time you saw a "goon" destroy a star player? At worst, Glass gets his *** beat by their goons. And, in those situations, Big Mac could be called up. There's really nothing to be concerned about. We have the best heavy weight on call. Not to mention Engelland can pound in some teeth if necessary.

Old
07-02-2012, 11:47 AM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:
When is the last time you saw a "goon" destroy a star player? At worst, Glass gets his *** beat by their goons. And, in those situations, Big Mac could be called up. There's really nothing to be concerned about. We have the best heavy weight on call. Not to mention Engelland can pound in some teeth if necessary.
Lucic is the closest thing that would possibly worry me. Nobody in NY that would worry me will be on the ice with Sid for any longer than they have to. The biggest effect these kinds of guys have on a game is wearing down the defensemen with actual hits. If anybody should be worried about Boston and NYR, it's Martin and Niskanen. And there's not a damn thing anyone on our team can do about it.

Old
07-02-2012, 11:47 AM
Terrapin

Quote:
I'm not worried about say George Parros pounding Crosby. More like a Lucic or Rupp running Neal, and us with a Glass or Vitale getting their ass beat

Old
07-02-2012, 11:48 AM
wej20

Quote:
I'm not worried about say George Parros pounding Crosby. More like a Lucic or Rupp running Neal, and us with a Glass or Vitale getting their ass beat
still have Engelland.

wej20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2012, 11:50 AM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:
What would it change with Asham? The fight outcome might be different, but there would be no change on the actual game. We could have MacIntyre on the bench and it wouldn't stop Lucic from taking a run.

Old
07-02-2012, 11:53 AM
Terrapin

Quote:
What would it change with Asham? The fight outcome might be different, but there would be no change on the actual game. We could have MacIntyre on the bench and it wouldn't stop Lucic from taking a run.
Maybe nothing would change. Maybe someone would think twice? Maybe Lucic wouldn't want to risk getting knocked out, broken nose, etc. Doubt there's much risk of that tangling with Craig Adams.

Old
07-02-2012, 11:55 AM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:
Maybe nothing would change. Maybe someone would think twice? Maybe Lucic wouldn't want to risk getting knocked out, broken nose, etc. Doubt there's much risk of that tangling with Craig Adams.
Lucic most likely won't fight anybody. He'll skate away. Someone would fight Shawn Thornton and it would all be over. With the instigator in place, the role of a fighter is basically gone in my opinion.

Old
07-02-2012, 11:58 AM
Shady Machine

Quote:
Lucic most likely won't fight anybody. He'll skate away. Someone would fight Shawn Thornton and it would all be over. With the instigator in place, the role of a fighter is basically gone in my opinion.
Exactly. Lucic isn't an idiot. He's not going to fight unless he has to or knows he can beat the dude. Shawn Thornton is there to clean up his mess and protect their players. We have Engel and Big Mac if necessary. We'll be fine.

In other news, our 4th line is now better at hockey.