HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Colorado signs F P-A Parenteau (4 years, $16 million - $4m AAV)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-01-2012, 06:59 PM
  #101
Bill Peckerskull
Farging Ice Holes
 
Bill Peckerskull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Castle Rock, CO
Country: United States
Posts: 5,986
vCash: 500
But McKenzie did tweet that Zach has narrowed his list, but didn't give a list of those teams.

Quote:
@TSNBobMcKenzie: Zach Parise's decision will not come until tomorrow. Has narrowed the field to a select group and will decide Monday.

Bill Peckerskull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 07:01 PM
  #102
jfisher6
#thestructure
 
jfisher6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Denver
Country: United States
Posts: 3,127
vCash: 50
There is no shortlist, that's just Eklund being Eklund.


Dater did say that Greg Sherman spoke with Suter/Parise, nothing more. It's on his twitter.


There is nothing but speculation right now

jfisher6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 07:04 PM
  #103
PeterTheGreat
Registered User
 
PeterTheGreat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 7,070
vCash: 500
Avs probably wont make another move until the Parise and Suter situations are sorted out.

PeterTheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 07:06 PM
  #104
CalderKing21
Darth Calder
 
CalderKing21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Birmingham, AL
Country: United States
Posts: 1,951
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba Thudd View Post
Gotta love the crazy chicks.
this thread has turned into #winning.

DDP and Daniel Bryan references. gotta love it.

CalderKing21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 08:43 PM
  #105
seafoam
 
seafoam's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 36,319
vCash: 446
Isles fan chiming in here.

PA has his flaws but is a very talented playmaking winger. He should put up 50-60 points a year in the top 6 with one of your talented centers. He is also a good powerplay guy.

His game revolves around lugging the puck into the offensive zone with his head up looking for an open teammate, sometimes he dumps it back to a defender on the blueline. He is not going to blow by defenders with his speed but can find open teammates and go into the scoring areas. He is not big but does have some grit and doesn't like to be pushed around. His shot is average.

He does take some bonehead penalties though. His defensive awareness is average at best and his skating abilities leave his out of position sometimes when he backchecks. I WOULD NOT say he is a defensive liability though.

Last thing I would like to mention is that when he was on the Island he played 110% every night for us. He always skated hard, finished his checks, and was hopping in on the forecheck. You can say he was playing for his big payday, but I honestly think you'll see the same PA that we saw on the Island for two years.

Good luck PA!

seafoam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 09:03 PM
  #106
John TavArt Ross
Registered User
 
John TavArt Ross's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 1,001
vCash: 500
First time on Avs board, but just hope PAP can bring what we loved on the Island to you guys. Well worth the contract if he keeps it up. As an Isles fan, I was worried we had a Jason Blake part 2 and shouldn't risk that type of contract with the limits our GM has. Wishing PAP a great future and good luck to him and the Avs.

John TavArt Ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 09:05 PM
  #107
Foppa2118
Registered User
 
Foppa2118's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: 22 Acacia Avenue
Country: United States
Posts: 20,332
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfisher6 View Post
There is no shortlist, that's just Eklund being Eklund.


Dater did say that Greg Sherman spoke with Suter/Parise, nothing more. It's on his twitter.


There is nothing but speculation right now
There's definitely a shortlist. It's just speculation at this point as to who's on it. I'm guessing the Avs weren't. That's why they moved on to PAP so quickly.

Foppa2118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 09:15 PM
  #108
PeterTheGreat
Registered User
 
PeterTheGreat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 7,070
vCash: 500
Everything I've read about PAP reminds of Mueller/Fleischmann. Highly talented, playmaking winger who is not the fastest and likes to slow the play down and find an open team mate.

Nice to here that PAP likes to hit a bit and gets in on the forecheck.

PeterTheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 09:19 PM
  #109
Drizzt1
Registered User
 
Drizzt1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 370
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterTheGreat View Post
Everything I've read about PAP reminds of Mueller/Fleischmann. Highly talented, playmaking winger who is not the fastest and likes to slow the play down and find an open team mate.

Nice to here that PAP likes to hit a bit and gets in on the forecheck.
Sounds like a more experienced Mcginn to me.

Drizzt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 09:19 PM
  #110
malPHONEY
Registered User
 
malPHONEY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: LI
Country: United States
Posts: 2,389
vCash: 500
Ignore my fellow bitter Islander fans (though there have been some rational fans here too)

P.A. will chip in 55-65 points, instantly improve your PP, while playing his heart out. He's not a sniper, nor is he a speedy defensive stalwart, but he was one of our few players to create offense when taken off of Tavares' line.

Good luck to him.

malPHONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 09:21 PM
  #111
TwoPadStack
Gross Misconduct
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,353
vCash: 900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drizzt1 View Post
Sounds like a more experienced Mcginn to me.
Not at all.

McGinn = fast, great shot. PAP = average speed, sweet playmaker.

TwoPadStack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 09:26 PM
  #112
PeterTheGreat
Registered User
 
PeterTheGreat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 7,070
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoPadStack View Post
Not at all.

McGinn = fast, great shot. PAP = average speed, sweet playmaker.
Right. As I said Mueller/Flash. Maybe a little Brunette too.

PeterTheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 09:27 PM
  #113
Pirate Deadpool
I hate Minnesota!
 
Pirate Deadpool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Country: United States
Posts: 2,241
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchy View Post
AD was shooting all over place , at one point you will hit the target .
Yeah its like me hitting on every hot girl at a club. I won't go home with all of them, but someone drunk enough will go home with me by the end of the night.

Pirate Deadpool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 09:29 PM
  #114
Pirate Deadpool
I hate Minnesota!
 
Pirate Deadpool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Country: United States
Posts: 2,241
vCash: 50
I know a lot of guys don't like him, but I was expecting a much less signing at forward so I'm happy about it. The avs must surely be close to the floor by now.

Pirate Deadpool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 09:39 PM
  #115
Mant*
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,911
vCash: 500
Pretty happy with this signing.

Mant* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 09:42 PM
  #116
Drizzt1
Registered User
 
Drizzt1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 370
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The U View Post
I know a lot of guys don't like him, but I was expecting a much less signing at forward so I'm happy about it. The avs must surely be close to the floor by now.
5.642 million to cap floor with Mcginn, Johnson and O'Reilly to sign.
Assume:
Mcginn: 2.5
Johnson: 4.5
O'Reilly: 4.25

This will be our roster:-

Forwards
Left Wing: Mcginn, Landeskog, Mcleod
Center: Stastny, Duchene, O'Reilly, Mitchell
Right Wing: Jones, Parenteau, Downie, Hejduk, Olver, Kobasew

Defense
Johnson, Wilson, Zanon, Hunwick, O'Byrne, Hejda, O'Brien

Goals
Varlamov, Giguere

Potential Prospects / Call ups
Forwards: Hishon, Sgarbossa, Connolly, Malone, Heard, Van Der Gulik
Defense: Siemens, Gaunce, Barrie, Elliott, Holos
Goals: Pickard

Being BRUTALLY honest - I hate saying this - that is FAR from being a contender on many levels.

Drizzt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 09:56 PM
  #117
seafoam
 
seafoam's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 36,319
vCash: 446
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drizzt1 View Post
5.642 million to cap floor with Mcginn, Johnson and O'Reilly to sign.
Assume:
Mcginn: 2.5
Johnson: 4.5
O'Reilly: 4.25

This will be our roster:-

Forwards
Left Wing: Mcginn, Landeskog, Mcleod
Center: Stastny, Duchene, O'Reilly, Mitchell
Right Wing: Jones, Parenteau, Downie, Hejduk, Olver, Kobasew

Defense
Johnson, Wilson, Zanon, Hunwick, O'Byrne, Hejda, O'Brien

Goals
Varlamov, Giguere

Potential Prospects / Call ups
Forwards: Hishon, Sgarbossa, Connolly, Malone, Heard, Van Der Gulik
Defense: Siemens, Gaunce, Barrie, Elliott, Holos
Goals: Pickard

Being BRUTALLY honest - I hate saying this - that is FAR from being a contender on many levels.
You guys have a great, young group of fowards. Defensively and in net there are questions for sure. You guys have great prospects both on defense and in goal. Being an Islander fan I can relate to your guys' frustration. Hopefully you guys stay the course and wait till your prospects are NHL ready because when they are, you guys are going to be a force in the Western Conference. Don't be mad if you guys don't make it into the playoffs this year.

Patience

seafoam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 09:58 PM
  #118
NothingLikeAnEJ
Jimmies: Rustled
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 4,410
vCash: 500
We are set in net and with the forwards......but i still want Semin

NothingLikeAnEJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 10:05 PM
  #119
Drizzt1
Registered User
 
Drizzt1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 370
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaStromey View Post
You guys have a great, young group of fowards. Defensively and in net there are questions for sure. You guys have great prospects both on defense and in goal. Being an Islander fan I can relate to your guys' frustration. Hopefully you guys stay the course and wait till your prospects are NHL ready because when they are, you guys are going to be a force in the Western Conference. Don't be mad if you guys don't make it into the playoffs this year.

Patience
Yup. That seems to be the theme mate. Patience.
That's what Lacroix asked us to do at the start of 2008.
It's been 4 years, what's another 2-3 going to hurt I suppose if it means a long successful period at the end.

Drizzt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 10:08 PM
  #120
Elever
Hth
 
Elever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,480
vCash: 500
I honestly don't know if Parenteau will work out with Duchene unless Duchene turns into an all-round puck winning player who can play in all corners like Tavares. I know people don't wanna split up the ROR line but Landeskog would work better with Duchene if anything and O'Reilly would make Parenteau work. Jones as the goal scorer on that line.

Elever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 10:33 PM
  #121
seafoam
 
seafoam's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 36,319
vCash: 446
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drizzt1 View Post
Yup. That seems to be the theme mate. Patience.
That's what Lacroix asked us to do at the start of 2008.
It's been 4 years, what's another 2-3 going to hurt I suppose if it means a long successful period at the end.
You have it bad but not the worst. It's been 5+ years for us and it's going to take another 2-3 years. Plus our owner won't allow the GM to spend above the cap floor. The goal is to get large cap hits with low salaries so the owner has to pay the least amount of money possible, hence why Nino was on the Isles last season and Bailey a few seasons ago, or why Staios was given a bonus laden contract last year.

seafoam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 10:38 PM
  #122
PWJunior
Beware the POOP!
 
PWJunior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Watertown, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 14,362
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaStromey View Post
You have it bad but not the worst. It's been 5+ years for us and it's going to take another 2-3 years. Plus our owner won't allow the GM to spend above the cap floor. The goal is to get large cap hits with low salaries so the owner has to pay the least amount of money possible, hence why Nino was on the Isles last season and Bailey a few seasons ago, or why Staios was given a bonus laden contract last year.
Haha, stop giving them our sob story... they don't care about our problems.

I hope PA works out for you guys, he'll be missed. I think he'll be a good secondary scorer and a PP specialist. I know Colorado is pretty good in SO's, but PA is pretty money in them. He could help steal a point or two in the skills competition throughout the season.

PWJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 10:42 PM
  #123
Frenchy
Global Moderator
 
Frenchy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Alma, QC.
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,437
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWJunior View Post
Haha, stop giving them our sob story... they don't care about our problems.

I hope PA works out for you guys, he'll be missed. I think he'll be a good secondary scorer and a PP specialist. I know Colorado is pretty good in SO's, but PA is pretty money in them. He could help steal a point or two in the skills competition throughout the season.
thanks for the info

Frenchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 10:46 PM
  #124
seafoam
 
seafoam's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 36,319
vCash: 446
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWJunior View Post
Haha, stop giving them our sob story... they don't care about our problems.

I hope PA works out for you guys, he'll be missed. I think he'll be a good secondary scorer and a PP specialist. I know Colorado is pretty good in SO's, but PA is pretty money in them. He could help steal a point or two in the skills competition throughout the season.
Haha I just feel like our situation goes unnoticed throughout the league.

seafoam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 11:22 PM
  #125
danmcn12
#freeRedmond
 
danmcn12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Boston
Posts: 3,726
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuietCompany View Post
I honestly don't know if Parenteau will work out with Duchene unless Duchene turns into an all-round puck winning player who can play in all corners like Tavares. I know people don't wanna split up the ROR line but Landeskog would work better with Duchene if anything and O'Reilly would make Parenteau work. Jones as the goal scorer on that line.
Landy should get a chance with Stastny or even Duchene, unless we are all content with 60 points and 20 something goals leading our team again. Or are bold enough to predict RoR and Downie to have huge breakout years.

danmcn12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:12 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.