HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official NHL Free Agency Thread 3.0 (Legit Sources ONLY)

View Poll Results: Would you like to see Semin in a habs uniform?
yes 46 43.40%
non 51 48.11%
indifferent 9 8.49%
Voters: 106. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
07-01-2012, 05:32 PM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC93 View Post
No he's exactly what they need. They need a top six winger to play with Plekanec that won't tie us down for the future or cost too much. Jagr is it. We may not be contenders, but there's no point in sitting and conceding that.

This is the Habs man. They may not be elite yet but they'll still do what they can to get into the postseason. Rebuilding = letting young players like Leblanc etc develop properly in the AHL and earn their way on the team the way MaxPac did.
Voila.

Old
Alexdaman

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakiHaque View Post
You guys think that MB will sign another player today?
The day is far from over and it will probably go till midnight or tomorow morning most of the big names have not been signed yet... SO the question is as to whether or not MB will be active, I think the answer is propably that he will still be, if he'll sign a big name that's only speculation but with guys like Semin, Parise, Weber, Jagr still loose i hope the answer is yes.

Old
LaurentHabs
Galchenyuk2Collberg

Do you guys think we can read in between the Lines when Parise says he will only make his decision tomorrow & Bergevin moves his presser from today to tomorrow?

Could this mean he actually believes he can land Parise? Cause I don't see any other reason why he would postpone it.

Atleast we know Michel Therrien is in Ontario (Where Parise's Agent's office is) because he showed up at Prust's house with a Cap & a Jersey of the Habs for Brandon..

Old
07-01-2012, 05:33 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
before you try to write of Gomez,tell me how Beniot Pouliot compares to a line mate of Jagr?

Or Mathieu Darche as your winger compared to Jagr?

A complete team of smurfs , compared to Prust Armstrong and more coming etc

Now Gomez had a career or near career year on a Jagr line if i remember ?
So , let's not write Scott off especially if Jagr comes to town .
I've seen enough from Gomez to write him off. Jagr would play with Plekanec or Desharnais, because they are better players.

Old
07-01-2012, 05:34 PM
Dr_Hook

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakiHaque View Post
Why wouln't Doan want to come to montreal? He's Price cousin...
Denis Coderre, his frivolous lawsuit and the media who fed on it say hi !

Old
07-01-2012, 05:34 PM
StanleyCH25

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyC View Post
Jagr is not what we need!!! We are at least 2-3 years from being a serious contender. Patience is needed!!! All that Jagr "may" do is improve our standings a slim margin which would hurt the rebuild, which I believe, we should be doing!
Part of a rebuild is also developing an identity and developing talent alongside some veteran players. I think Jagr could be a nice mentor for some of our young developing players while not over committing too many years to plugging a hole with some of the other options on the market. Even if we don't land a top 10 pick next year, I still think he helps this team more than he hurts it. If anything, some of his defensive lapses might even have us slide down a few spots rather than move up. He'll just be somewhat exciting to watch and help us improve the PP.

Old
07-01-2012, 05:35 PM
HarlemsFinest
teh gallys!!1

i'm at work F5'ing like a madman waiting for that Confirmed With Link Jagr thread. DO IT. on the main board, there's a quoted tweet of apparently habs not having called svoboda. cases like these i believe the opposite lol. if anything IMO it makes it more likely that this deal might be real.

Old
07-01-2012, 05:36 PM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurentHabs View Post
Do you guys think we can read in between the Lines when Parise says he will only make his decision tomorrow & Bergevin moves his presser from today to tomorrow?

Could this mean he actually believes he can land Parise? Cause I don't see any other reason why he would postpone it.

Atleast we know Michel Therrien is in Ontario (Where Parise's Agent's office is) because he showed up at Prust's house with a Cap & a Jersey of the Habs for Brandon..
Sorry to burst your bubble, but Parise is not comming to Montreal. Could be he is waiting for Jagr or Semin, but not Parise.

Old
07-01-2012, 05:36 PM
Kobe Armstrong

vCash: 713
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyC View Post
Jagr is not what we need!!! We are at least 2-3 years from being a serious contender. Patience is needed!!! All that Jagr "may" do is improve our standings a slim margin which would hurt the rebuild, which I believe, we should be doing!
If Jagr improves our standings by a slim margin I would consider that signing to be a success, mainly because I strongly believe we will be close to the playoffs or make the playoffs next year. Stop with the tanking nonsense, because if you want to suck 2 years in a row you'e crazy.

Old
07-01-2012, 05:38 PM
LaurentHabs
Galchenyuk2Collberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by YourBuddy View Post
Sorry to burst your bubble, but Parise is not comming to Montreal. Could be he is waiting for Jagr or Semin, but not Parise.
But why would Michel Therrien be in London then? Just to go give that to Prust? I doubt it. Habs have interest IMO. And after Parise saying how much he loves the Bell Center & MTL on multiple occasions, I can't see how it is "Impossible". Definatly a long shot, but I would not put the cover on it IMO

Old
07-01-2012, 05:39 PM
Roke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
I've seen enough from Gomez to write him off. Jagr would play with Plekanec or Desharnais, because they are better players.
Jagr with Desharnais in a soft-minutes, offensive role would be dynamite.

The one concern about Jagr I have is that Cole's bad year in Edmonton coincided with him playing Leftwing. My concerns are probably as overblown as "Cole can't produce outside of Carolina" thinking but it's something sticking in the back of the mind.

I also wouldn't want Jagr anywhere near Plekanec's normal even-strength minutes because of how tough of opposition Plekanec gets.

Old
07-01-2012, 05:41 PM
Habsfan18
The Future

Quote:
But why would Michel Therrien be in London then? Just to go give that to Prust? I doubt it. Habs have interest IMO. And after Parise saying how much he loves the Bell Center & MTL on multiple occasions, I can't see how it is "Impossible". Definatly a long shot, but I would not put the cover on it IMO
Is Parise and his camp not in Mississauga?

Either way guys, Parise isn't coming to Montreal. Let's be realistic here..

Alexdaman

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roke View Post

The one concern about Jagr I have is that Cole's bad year in Edmonton coincided with him playing Leftwing. My concerns are probably as overblown as "Cole can't produce outside of Carolina" thinking but it's something sticking in the back of the mind.

I also wouldn't want Jagr anywhere near Plekanec's normal even-strength minutes because of how tough of opposition Plekanec gets.
You make no sense... no way Pac should be relagated to the 2nd he's our best scorer last year, and Plek and Jagr have shown some good chemistry on the internation level, they would be a great match especially with a guy like Gionta on the right. Sportsmenship at it's finest.

Old
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roke View Post

Well I think Jagr is a far better fit on a DD-centred offense only line yes, but I suspect they'd pull the Jagr and Plekanec are already familiar with each other Czech card and use them together.

I want to see more Plekanec and Cole together, for some reason it's written off even though they looked very good the few times Cunneyworth was forced to play them together. Plek created some great chances for Cole.

Old
07-01-2012, 05:42 PM
ZiggyC

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfan2772 View Post
If Jagr improves our standings by a slim margin I would consider that signing to be a success, mainly because I strongly believe we will be close to the playoffs or make the playoffs next year. Stop with the tanking nonsense, because if you want to suck 2 years in a row you'e crazy.
It's not tanking nonsense!! Do we really want to be the Calgary Flames of the East? I would rather have our players develop than sign a one year band aid that "may" get us into the playoffs of make us finish 9th-12th. Teams that are successful usually build their team from within, which is what we need to do! I'm not for tanking, just to let our team develop at their own pace!

Old
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Parise's agents office is in Misissauga, which is 400 km's from London.

Old
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
you seen enough,yes.

Did Gomez have 70 pts season playing with Jagr?

I tell you Montreal GENIUS, bring Gomez to town to play him with SCRUBS and Smurfs ,not smart.

Old
07-01-2012, 05:44 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Crap Mighty Ducks signed Allen 3 years 10.5 mil.

Old
07-01-2012, 05:44 PM
LaurentHabs
Galchenyuk2Collberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by YourBuddy View Post
Parise's agents office is in Misissauga, which is 400 km's from London.
Then why the hell is Michel Therrien in London?

Old
07-01-2012, 05:45 PM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Crap Mighty Ducks signed Allen 3 years 10.5 mil.
We already have 18 defenseman. He isn't signing anyone else on D.

Old
07-01-2012, 05:45 PM
peate
Habs fan 4 life.

vCash: 2007
Jagr is looking for a mutli-year deal, not sure if that's what's holding back the Habs.

Old
07-01-2012, 05:46 PM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
My bad London is only 250 kms from Miss, i was thinking Windsor. I have no idea what he is doing in Ont. but he wouldn't be negociating anyway.

Old
07-01-2012, 05:46 PM
MTL-rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Hook View Post
Denis Coderre, his frivolous lawsuit and the media who fed on it say hi !
Again re-writing history : it was Doan who filed a lawsuit first... then, 1 year later, Coderre did also.

... Doan ain't coming here, period.

Old
07-01-2012, 05:47 PM
rockjngo

I love the signing of Prust and Moen. These are the guys we win with. I hope Colby can get back to his old self. He was the guy who blind sighted hit on Koivu in Pittsburgh. If he can play with grit and injury free we have a very solid bottom 6. Cube, I'm kinda questioning that signing. I'm not against Cube but he's 36 turning 37 so I don't know if he can play physical like when he's 25.

Anyhow we will see.

Pacorietty - Desharnais - Cole
Galchenyuk - Plekanec - Gionta
Moen - Eller - Prust
Bourque - White - Armstrong

Old
07-01-2012, 05:49 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
Giving Jared Tinordi his jersey and cap for the upcoming season, too.

Closed Thread