HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Free Agent Frenzy 2012 - Part 3

Closed Thread

Old
07-02-2012, 12:05 AM
devil26

vCash: 500
I'm about 90% certain Zach is a Penguin tomorrow... About 10% chance he is a Devil, Flyer or Wild. With our financial situation there is no chance we offered 24 Million dollars in signing bonuses to be paid over the next year. I feel that is a crucial part of the contract. Sadly Zach is going to be wearing black and gold But I was pretty certain he was as good as gone when they only signed him to 1 year last year. Things weren't gonna work out.

Old
07-02-2012, 12:05 AM
Devils Trap
Cory's Better

Send a message via AIM to Devils Trap
In terms of order for Parise

I believe

Det
NJD
Pitt
Minn

Old
07-02-2012, 12:06 AM
frankiedue
IT'S OVER!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugus View Post
Looks like it's a Minnesota radio host who was interviewing Lou Nanne, the guy who leaked the Wild offer way back when. Not sure how Nanne knows what Parise's choices are, but it's plausible. Regardless, I'm not going to be convinced until I see it from TG, the TSN guys, or the Devils themselves.
They are talking about $100 million / 10 years. Maybe that's what the Minnesota offer is (CRAZY) and that's why Zach is actually considering that loser of a team.

As far as the Devils being out, I don't know why or how Lou Nanne would have that information, so I'll call BS on that one.

Old
Emperoreddy
King of Pirates

Quote:
Originally Posted by manilaNJ View Post
All I've had is twitter and overzealous fans of other teams. Probably because I've spent the weekend laughing my ass off at the nonsense thrown at me, but I haven't hit the panic button yet.

Friday morning, I land in Montreal. Don't pay attention to anything until I find somewhere to caffeinate.

I hear these two morons debating whether Carey Price would set his ego aside and backup Brodeur to learn a thing or two.
I am confused, because I think these guys somehow are under the notion that Price & Brodeur will be the Olympic goaltenders for Canada.
I hear them talking about trading Price instead and I think it's the worst run fantasy league ever.
Then I hear them talk about the salary cap and I think they're on some crazy pipedream of drafting Brodeur's son.
Then I hear them clearly talk about Marty playing out his final years in his hometown.
And I think these men are crazy or my french is WAY off.

Finally I ask what the hell they're talking about and they give me this whole ordeal about Marty testing the UFA market and the owners pushing him out.

I hop on twitter to find out what the hell the deal is and see the one fact that Marty hired an agent... and then every analyst, reporter, toolbag and grumpy ol Chere tweeting out their ass with wild ********* for speculation.

And from that point on, the laughs never ended.
Never, at any point, did I truly believe Marty was going to leave.
He hired an agent, not a moving van.
I mean I understand the weight of the issue with the Parise stuff ongoing.. but it probably helped that I was removed from Devils fans.
What were they smoking? The Habs didn't even attempt to offer interest. It was all Burke and the boys in Chicago breathing down Marty's neck. And yes Chere has been dreadful through all of this, and slow too. TG has had him beat on every important retweet, and seems to have much more insight into our secret budget, etc. Chere's little sarcastic joke wasn't really very funny either coming from a grump like him.

Old
MJB Devils23*
No lockout!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils Trap View Post
In terms of order for Parise

I believe

Det
NJD
Pitt
Minn
I can't see how Detroit has a better chance at signing him than we do.

Old
07-02-2012, 12:07 AM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottyk9 View Post
Not free agent news but Matteau was here to check out the facility and tweeted this pic

http://instagram.com/p/MkNRbCqa7e/
Lou will probably smack him for posting pictures of the Devils' private sanctum. Look for Matteau's Twitter account to be gone soon.

Quote:
Never, at any point, did I truly believe Marty was going to leave.
He hired an agent, not a moving van.
I mean I understand the weight of the issue with the Parise stuff ongoing.. but it probably helped that I was removed from Devils fans.
Neither did I, but you'd be amazed at the foolishness I saw in the trade board thread about this. And even some around here too.

Old
07-02-2012, 12:08 AM
Devils Trap
Cory's Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJB Devils23 View Post
I just dont want Pitt to get him

Old
07-02-2012, 12:08 AM
BrodeursCups

Send a message via AIM to BrodeursCups
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugus View Post
Lou will probably smack him for posting pictures of the Devils' private sanctum. Look for Matteau's Twitter account to be gone soon.
The day wedgy had to make his twitter vanish was gold.

You just know the call was placed from the man...

Old
07-02-2012, 12:11 AM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankiedue View Post
They are talking about $100 million / 10 years. Maybe that's what the Minnesota offer is (CRAZY) and that's why Zach is actually considering that loser of a team.

As far as the Devils being out, I don't know why or how Lou Nanne would have that information, so I'll call BS on that one.
He does know JP Parise pretty well, so it's possible. But I agree, it's unlikely that he knows.

I don't think there's any chance he takes Minnesota's offer. Someone suggested earlier that we're on Parise's short list as a courtesy. Well I think it might in fact be Minnesota that is the courtesy inclusion.

Old
07-02-2012, 12:12 AM
Nick0930

Old
07-02-2012, 12:14 AM
manilaNJ
Optimism: Unwavering

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperoreddy View Post
What were they smoking? The Habs didn't even attempt to offer interest. It was all Burke and the boys in Chicago breathing down Marty's neck. And yes Chere has been dreadful through all of this, and slow too. TG has had him beat on every important retweet, and seems to have much more insight into our secret budget, etc. Chere's little sarcastic joke wasn't really very funny either coming from a grump like him.
This was first thing Friday when the news broke that he hired an agent. When you're stuck in a vacuum with your own fanbase, a lot of crazy **** starts to circulate. From what I hear, that's exactly what happened with us too
And that wasn't even the craziest thing I heard all weekend, I was traveling throughout Ontario on Saturday and it appears that once Parise landed.. he was going to fall in love with Toronto and try and get an offer from Burke.

Anyway, the one thing we can hold onto with Parise is that, while it might be called lip service, his lip service has gone beyond what most UFAs would offer. That's a positive. At least a part of him wants to stay.

But really, **** Pittsburgh.

Last edited by manilaNJ: 07-02-2012 at 12:16 AM. Reason: for karma's sake
Old
07-02-2012, 12:14 AM
Fayne Staley
Dr. Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by devil26 View Post
I'm about 90% certain Zach is a Penguin tomorrow... About 10% chance he is a Devil, Flyer or Wild. With our financial situation there is no chance we offered 24 Million dollars in signing bonuses to be paid over the next year. I feel that is a crucial part of the contract. Sadly Zach is going to be wearing black and gold But I was pretty certain he was as good as gone when they only signed him to 1 year last year. Things weren't gonna work out.
IA and I think Zach is just uncertain about ownership. but going to the penguins makes me sick...really it does. i can accept the wild, the wings...i cannot accept a divisional rival.

Old
07-02-2012, 12:15 AM
MJB Devils23*
No lockout!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils Trap View Post
I just dont want Pitt to get him
Passing up on a chance to play with Crosby is like passing up on your dream girl.

Old
07-02-2012, 12:16 AM
BrodeursCups

Holy LOL

Old
MJB Devils23*
No lockout!

Quote:
This was first thing Friday when the news broke that he hired an agent. When you're stuck in a vacuum with your own fanbase, a lot of crazy **** starts to circulate. From what I hear, that's exactly what happened with us too
And that wasn't even the craziest thing I heard all weekend, I was traveling throughout Ontario on Saturday and it appears that once Parise landed.. he was going to fall in love with Toronto and try and get an offer from Burke.

Anyway, the one thing we can hold onto with Parise is that, while it might be called lip service, his lip service has gone beyond what most UFAs would offer. That's a positive. At least a part of him wants to stay.

But really, **** Pittsburgh. It might be bad karma considering our own circumstances, but I'd love for their offseason of gleefully throwing money around to put them back in the hole for another few seasons.
This is my thing. He's kept being loyal to the Devils when there's really no incentive to do so.

Old
Devils Trap
Cory's Better

Quote:
Passing up on a chance to play with Crosby is like passing up on your dream girl.
There are many more variables

I am not getting paid 10mil per year to do anything with my dream girl, nor did I just hit a homerun with my past girl

Old
07-02-2012, 12:18 AM
Mgd31

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrodeursCups View Post
Holy LOL

Hahahahha

Old
07-02-2012, 12:20 AM
KohoDonuts88
THANK YOU LOU

The "Kovalchuk rule" as it applies to over-40 cap hits is for 5+ year contracts

http://www.capgeek.com/faq/what-s-th...lchuk-rule.php

Old
07-02-2012, 12:20 AM
Hollywood163

Quote:
I know Zach never played with Scott Stevens or Scott Niedermayer but I hope he knows the aftermath of losing a future hall of fame defenseman isn't pretty. Detroit is on it's way down.

Quote:
He'd better hope that the next concussion doesn't turn Sid into Lindros 2. No way Crosby plays out that contract he signed yesterday.

Old
07-02-2012, 12:21 AM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Quote:

I don't think it's just lip service. He has no obligation to keep going out of his way to point out that the Devils are still in it, and indeed, it might even be in his interest to start disassociating himself with the Devils if his intention is to bolt, but he hasn't done that. So maybe the Devils really are still in it, and there's a chance he comes back. There's no reason for him to string us along like this if he really wants out. He clearly is grappling with the idea of staying.

Old
07-02-2012, 12:22 AM
Devils Trap
Cory's Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood163 View Post
I know Zach never played with Scott Stevens or Scott Niedermayer but I hope he knows the aftermath of losing a future hall of fame defenseman isn't pretty. Detroit is on it's way down.
Wut??

Lose Lidstrom/Sign Suter

Doesnt look that bad

Old
07-02-2012, 12:23 AM
Bleedred
Bring back Sallinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrodeursCups View Post
Holy LOL

Haha what the hell?

Old
07-02-2012, 12:26 AM
Bleedred
Bring back Sallinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood163 View Post
He'd better hope that the next concussion doesn't turn Sid into Lindros 2. No way Crosby plays out that contract he signed yesterday.
I agree, and Lindros is the one I've compared him too. I Don't wish any harm on Crosby, and I wish him well, but I can't see him sticking around that long. If he does he may become ineffective like Lindros. After Stevens, Lindros had all but the final nail to his career.I Think Lindros had more concussions though at that point than Sid has had now.

Old
Emperoreddy
King of Pirates

Quote:

Him falling in love with in love with Toronto and demanding Burke make him an offer might match today's winner which was were are so broke that we are getting shipped to Quebec in August. Wow some Leaf fans are out there.

I've always believed Zach was being genuine with his comments and does want to stay here, but ya even if it is lip service it is beyond what is normal in that regard.

All the more reason I'm not buying that we somehow got ruled out in the past hour. I think his "lip service" is real, plus according to TG's source our offer was very competitive so we didn't offer him chump change in comparison to the other offers. It is going to take some form of hometown discount, whether it be salary or bonuses, but we are definitely in this.

Old
BrodeursCups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
Haha what the hell?
I was just going to type "Martin Brodeur is staying in Jersey" and after I typed "is" I saw that pop up. Absolutely hilarious..

Closed Thread