HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Free Agent Frenzy 2012 - Part 3

Closed Thread

Old
07-01-2012, 07:13 PM
yakitate304
Crunch Time

vCash: 500
The thing about Garrison is that while he has a great shot and is a competent defenseman in his own end, his goal totals this year are largely a result of playing with Brian Campbell. Campbell is in the top 3 around the league when it comes to playmaking defensemen. That being said, if he plays with Edler he could have a similar benefit.

Old
07-01-2012, 07:14 PM
Bleedred
BLOW JETS BLOW!

I miss Tedenby's line with Patty, and Arnott. LOL!

Old
07-01-2012, 07:15 PM
Devilsfan92
4 8 15 16 23 42

If we lose out on Parise I would really like Semin. Doubt he'll be getting a front loaded deal, he'd be lucky to get a mid term deal.

Short term ~ $6.5m I'd do it.

Also, hypothetical, say we lose Marty and Moose... who are some candidates for goal next season... don't know why but I do like the idea of Luongo.. *don't shoot*

Old
07-01-2012, 07:17 PM
jjp24Devils
Captain Sal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilsfan92 View Post
If we lose out on Parise I would really like Semin. Doubt he'll be getting a front loaded deal, he'd be lucky to get a mid term deal.
Agree, but only on a short deal. Having both his shot and Kovy's would be lethal. I'm still hopeful that we can get something worked out with Zach though.

Old
bellis25

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDevilMadeMe View Post
What smaller pieces? They re-sign Zach and the goalies, and they are one (probably minimum salary) forward away from a full roster

Parise - Zajac - Kovalchuk
Elias - Henrique - Zubrus
?? - Yayo - Clarkson
CBGB
Janssen

Zidlicky - Tallinder
Green - Fayne
Larrsson - Volchenkov
Harrold
With this roster (paying zach 7.5) and with signing Marty and Johan for 4.5 and 1.25 mil respectfully, we would be at $58,216,666, (~65 mil hard cash) allowing us to spend 1.5 on a 3rd liner and keeping under 60 mil (if that is our budget) or roll with Tedenby.

I have a feeling one of our 4th liners will get top 9 minutes next year

Old
CerebralGenesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getzo5 View Post
Less money, more years. lol
Typically how the UFA tradeoff goes. Only guarantee is its a messy business outside of a gem or two.

Old
07-01-2012, 07:18 PM
SouthDevil30

Dammit I just realized the Newport Offices were like 20 minutes from my house in Mississauga. If I had known I would have went to heckle Parise into staying with the devils, you know just to make him feel bad about leaving if he does
But on a serious note guys if Parise signs with us tomorrow I will give him major props. If you can tell playing for the pens is mighty tempting for what they are offering him, being playing with crosby, malkin and probably comparable money. So if he comes back to good old Lou I will welcome him with open arms, but if he signs with the pens damn that team will be scary

Old
07-01-2012, 07:19 PM
Devils Trap
Cory's Better

Send a message via AIM to Devils Trap
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilsfan92 View Post

Short term ~ $6.5m I'd do it.

Also, hypothetical, say we lose Marty and Moose... who are some candidates for goal next season... don't know why but I do like the idea of Luongo.. *don't shoot*
3 years 6.5 please

Old
07-01-2012, 07:19 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDevilMadeMe View Post
If the Devils sign Salvador, they almost have to trade someone.

All 7 of Zidlicky, Salvador, Greene, Fayne, Larsson, Talinder, and Volchenkov are easily top 6 defensemen heading into next year. And they already signed Harrold as the #7
Pretty much. We could trade one of the defencemen for a forward. Probably Tallinder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottyk9 View Post
Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice
I'm told Devils made "a very competitive offer" to Parise. Question is how much would be left in budget beyond that for other players.
I'm curious who told him that. Because if that's from Parise's camp, I like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrodeursCups View Post
Souray for 3 years is major LOL. Yikes..
Ya, the Ducks are going to regret that soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDevs26 View Post
More TG on Zach:

Don't know what Parise's 2012-13 salary would be if he stayed, but I'm guessing they'd have a lot tied up in two players.

People keep asking about cap room. It's not that. They have a budget in real dollars for 2012-13. $11 mil will go to Kovalchuk.
Ay, there's the rub. Kovalchuk's crazy money years give us problems with our budget for next season. So either Parise needs to wait a couple years for his big money years, or we need to hope that ownership can front the cash somehow.

Old
07-01-2012, 07:23 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Katie Strang ‏@KatieStrangESPN

#NJD Devils are still in consideration for Parise. He'll likely have decision tmrw but has narrowed list of teams to small, select group

#NJD Also have been told NOT to automatically assume that Parise's decision will be linked to Suter's

We keep getting mentioned by different sources. It really is getting strange how many times we keep coming up. You'd think if Parise were leaving he'd want to start disassociating himself with the team now.

Old
07-01-2012, 07:23 PM
NJDevs26
Status quo

Souray's probably the most insane contract for a d-man today, well Sami Salo's pretty bad too but man, Souray...it's a great gig if you can get it, keep getting big contracts because of your booming slapshot when you don't actually play defense or stay healthy.

Old
07-01-2012, 07:24 PM
Scottyk9
Goals? Please!

Send a message via AIM to Scottyk9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugus View Post
Pretty much. We could trade one of the defencemen for a forward. Probably Tallinder.

I'm curious who told him that. Because if that's from Parise's camp, I like that.

Ay, there's the rub. Kovalchuk's crazy money years give us problems with our budget for next season. So either Parise needs to wait a couple years for his big money years, or we need to hope that ownership can front the cash somehow.
That's what I was thinking... taking 6-7 the first 2 yrs in NJ before bumping to 10-12 or taking it right away from a team like Pitt.

That could be what he's debating..

12 in 2 yrs is a lot to risk to give up..he'll kick himself if he gets a bad injury in the 1st two yrs in NJ

Old
07-01-2012, 07:24 PM
Devils Trap
Cory's Better

Send a message via AIM to Devils Trap
Quote:

No way Lou told him

Old
07-01-2012, 07:25 PM
Luke3026
When you're burned..

Well today was much ado about nothing. We don't know much more than we did yesterday. I guess this will drag on a bit longer. I hope this isn't a replay of the Niedermeyer affair.

Old
07-01-2012, 07:25 PM
NJDevs26
Status quo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils Trap View Post
No way Lou told him
Vanderbeek could have lol, but yeah maybe it's wishful thinking but it's more likely the quote was from the Parise camp.

Old
07-01-2012, 07:26 PM
NJDevs26
Status quo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke3026 View Post
Well today was much ado about nothing. We don't know much more than we did yesterday. I guess this will drag on a bit longer. I hope this isn't a replay of the Niedermeyer affair.
We know there's no rift between the Devils and Marty...that's at least something. But yeah now tomorrow's d-day.

Old
07-01-2012, 07:26 PM
MJB Devils23*
No lockout!

Quote:
Katie Strang ‏@KatieStrangESPN

#NJD Devils are still in consideration for Parise. He'll likely have decision tmrw but has narrowed list of teams to small, select group

#NJD Also have been told NOT to automatically assume that Parise's decision will be linked to Suter's

We keep getting mentioned by different sources. It really is getting strange how many times we keep coming up. You'd think if Parise were leaving he'd want to start disassociating himself with the team now.
Since when are Suter's and Parise's decisions joined at the hip?

Old
07-01-2012, 07:27 PM
NJDevs26
Status quo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJB Devils23 View Post
Since basically every other team in the running for Zach has also made an offer to Suter except us lol.

Old
07-01-2012, 07:27 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Quote:
Souray's probably the most insane contract for a d-man today, well Sami Salo's pretty bad too but man, Souray...it's a great gig if you can get it, keep getting big contracts because of your booming slapshot when you don't actually play defense or stay healthy.
He's also getting older. Like I said, they'll regret that contract very soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottyk9 View Post
That's what I was thinking... taking 6-7 the first 2 yrs in NJ before bumping to 10-12 or taking it right away from a team like Pitt.

That could be what he's debating..

12 in 2 yrs is a lot to risk to give up..he'll kick himself if he gets a bad injury in the 1st two yrs in NJ
I think he does want the lockout insurance though. The first year can't be a "reasonable" salary, it has to be inflated by a signing bonus like his agents mentioned. Maybe not the $24 M, but it has to be something. Parise doesn't want to be left sitting around with no salary for a year if there is labour trouble. I don't know if we can do that though.

Old
07-01-2012, 07:28 PM
downtown56

TBLightning: The Lightning officially announce the signing of Sami Salo to a two-year contract.

Old
CerebralGenesis

Quote:
since HFBoards said so, didn't you get the memo they are bffs?

Old
MJB Devils23*
No lockout!

Quote:
Since basically every other team in the running for Zach has also made an offer to Suter except us lol.
I see.

Old
07-01-2012, 07:29 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie

Garrison left $ on table - was offered "Wideman money" elsewhere - but wanted to play for hometown VAN, which held firm on internal $ scale.

Very interesting. Curious who offered him Wideman money.

This is also one of the few times the hometown factor actually came into play, ZBC will be disappointed.

Old
07-01-2012, 07:29 PM
NJDevs26
Status quo

Quote:
Quote:
I see.
I meant to say that's why it would come up as a concern to the point where we had to be told it isn't entirely dependent on Suter.

Old
07-01-2012, 07:31 PM
NJDevs26
Status quo

Quote:
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie

Garrison left $ on table - was offered "Wideman money" elsewhere - but wanted to play for hometown VAN, which held firm on internal $ scale.

Very interesting. Curious who offered him Wideman money.

This is also one of the few times the hometown factor actually came into play, ZBC will be disappointed.
Yeah, Garrison and Rafalski. Usually when you take money to go home, you take more money anyway - like J-Blow.

Closed Thread