HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Rick Nash - The Frenzy...continues

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-03-2012, 09:14 PM
  #976
Jack de la Hoya
Registered User
 
Jack de la Hoya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 13,311
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMardigan View Post
I think what JR has offered Howson is probably approved, but Nash is the hold up.

I would guess its, Jussi, x prospect, x prospect , + 1st for 2013, + Conditional 1st for 2014.
Is that any better than the Rangers offer that was turned down?

Jack de la Hoya is online now  
Old
07-03-2012, 09:18 PM
  #977
Clockworkxx
Rookie User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 10
vCash: 500
What im thinkin is that howson is at a stalemate and doesnt wana give up nash for the offers hes getting so as the time passes nash will start to worry about being stuck in columbus again...so hes gona open up his team list and start to add more n more teams till one of them come up with a combo for howson to stomach...unless howson himself gives in then nash prolly wont go to his current list of teams because the players howson wants in return wont be included from them. So i wont be shcoked when he goes to somewhere like carolina

Clockworkxx is offline  
Old
07-03-2012, 09:19 PM
  #978
Marty Straka
Don't Stop Believin'
 
Marty Straka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Ottawa, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,844
vCash: 500
Looks like the Senators owner is saying a Big F U to Nash considering he doesn't want to come to Ottawa... and even if he expanded his list to include Ottawa, the Sens are no longer interested.

http://www.ottawasun.com/2012/07/03/...hs-list-expand

__________________
Marty Straka
Twitter: @JT_YosH
Marty Straka is offline  
Old
07-03-2012, 09:21 PM
  #979
Benny FTW
Head Light Fluid
 
Benny FTW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,286
vCash: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty Straka View Post
Looks like the Senators owner is saying a Big F U to Nash considering he doesn't want to come to Ottawa... and even if he expanded his list to include Ottawa, the Sens are no longer interested.

http://www.ottawasun.com/2012/07/03/...hs-list-expand
I love Melnyk.

Benny FTW is online now  
Old
07-03-2012, 09:28 PM
  #980
Dionysus
Registered User
 
Dionysus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Around the bend
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,174
vCash: 50
You don't want to play, Eugene no pay.

Dionysus is offline  
Old
07-03-2012, 09:53 PM
  #981
Carolinas Identity
This is ARRGH State!
 
Carolinas Identity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: United States
Posts: 7,346
vCash: 50
As has been discussed on the Cane's board, I think it's safe to assume that on top of our interest, we have something Howson covets as much as we covet Nash. Now it just becomes a game of chess until the rest of the pieces fall into place.

Carolinas Identity is offline  
Old
07-03-2012, 09:58 PM
  #982
Sasha Cares
28 mph!!!!!!!
 
Sasha Cares's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Island of Misfit Toy
Posts: 9,474
vCash: 500
It's just weird there is so much smoke with Car for them to not have an offer that is really close to what CBJ wants... I can only think they really covet Murphy

Sasha Cares is offline  
Old
07-03-2012, 10:05 PM
  #983
ClevelandJacketFan
Awesome Mascots!
 
ClevelandJacketFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: ...Really?
Country: United States
Posts: 3,216
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricane Anton View Post
It's just weird there is so much smoke with Car for them to not have an offer that is really close to what CBJ wants... I can only think they really covet Murphy
I sincerely doubt it's Murphy they would REALLY want from Carolina. Murphy would be just another defenseman to add to the prospect list in Columbus, along with John Moore, Ryan Murray, David Savard, Teddy Ruth, Cody Goloubef, and I'm forgetting someone else here...

I'm not saying the Jackets WOULDN'T take him, but I think it would be highly unlikely they would make the deal just because of him.

ClevelandJacketFan is offline  
Old
07-03-2012, 10:06 PM
  #984
Carolinas Identity
This is ARRGH State!
 
Carolinas Identity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: United States
Posts: 7,346
vCash: 50

Rick Nash
Fedor Tyutin
Steve Mason


Justin Faulk
Ryan Murphy
Jussi Jokinen
Justin Peters
2013 2nd & 3rd -OR- 2014 1st (CBJ's choice)

thoughts?

Carolinas Identity is offline  
Old
07-03-2012, 10:07 PM
  #985
TrueCanuckle
Registered User
 
TrueCanuckle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 349
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi Trollinen View Post

Rick Nash
Fedor Tyutin
Steve Mason


Justin Faulk
Ryan Murphy
Jussi Jokinen
Justin Peters
2013 2nd & 3rd -OR- 2014 1st (CBJ's choice)

thoughts?
is that a joke?

TrueCanuckle is offline  
Old
07-03-2012, 10:08 PM
  #986
Double-Shift Lassť
Moderator
Just post better
 
Double-Shift Lassť's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Superurban Cbus
Country: United States
Posts: 17,731
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
As what GKJ pointed out in another thread, as much as Nash apparently wants out of Columbus, he's really making it difficult with regards to what teams he'd be willing to move to.
Think about what you're posting here. What evidence (inference and conjecture don't count) do we have that would indicate how badly Nash wants out of Columbus? None. So far as we know, he hasn't even demanded a trade, just said he was willing to be moved. (Again, inference is not evidence.)
Then you say he's making it difficult. Has it occurred to you the two things might not be opposed but rather related?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty Straka View Post
Looks like the Senators owner is saying a Big F U to Nash considering he doesn't want to come to Ottawa... and even if he expanded his list to include Ottawa, the Sens are no longer interested.

http://www.ottawasun.com/2012/07/03/...hs-list-expand
Snore. "Won't chase Nash" and "only want players who want to come here" was news at the draft. If indeed Nash was asked and declined to waive for Ottawa, I admit I don't get it. But let's not act like Melnyk has added some new layer of hardass to the story.

__________________
"Every game, every point is a necessity." -- Ty Conklin, January 2007
"I'll have a chance to compete for the post of first issue. This is the most important thing." -- Sergei Bobrovsky, June 2012
Double-Shift Lassť is offline  
Old
07-03-2012, 10:19 PM
  #987
Brock Anton
Deal with it.
 
Brock Anton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Westerly, RI
Country: United States
Posts: 12,615
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeromeo87 View Post
Canes want Nash. Columbus wants young scorers. St.Louis needs a top pairing left handed dman. Here ya go.

To Carolina
Nash

To St. Louis
Pitkanen, Stewart (so he can play with his bro - seems to be the trend this year), 4th rd pick

To Columbus
Perron, Tlusty, Dalpe, Carolina's 2013 1st (an overpayment, imo - but w/e)
All you're proposals are pretty much the same. (and St. Louis gets ******)

Pitkanen, Tlusty, Dalpe and a 1st are in some way every single one of you're proposals, no matter what player you want.

And the fact that you think also giving up a 2013 1st is an "overpayment" is just..... wow.

Brock Anton is offline  
Old
07-03-2012, 10:26 PM
  #988
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh
 
Burlington Bomb 26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Green Mountain State
Country: United States
Posts: 16,615
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swervin81 View Post
The Rangers are going after Nash? It makes a lot of sense, actually. Glen Sather couldn't find a UFA to overpay, so he's trading for an already-overpaid player.
What UFA has Sather overpaid since the Obama administration started? He completely avoided Parise and Suter. But hey we can all live like its 2008 still. You think Hossa stays with Pittsburgh?

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline  
Old
07-03-2012, 10:30 PM
  #989
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/
 
Mayor Bee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 14,523
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty Straka View Post
Looks like the Senators owner is saying a Big F U to Nash considering he doesn't want to come to Ottawa... and even if he expanded his list to include Ottawa, the Sens are no longer interested.

http://www.ottawasun.com/2012/07/03/...hs-list-expand
I thought it was just in St. Louis that our local paper was referred to as the "Columbus Post-Dispatch"...looks like I was wrong.

Mayor Bee is offline  
Old
07-03-2012, 10:33 PM
  #990
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty Straka View Post
Looks like the Senators owner is saying a Big F U to Nash considering he doesn't want to come to Ottawa... and even if he expanded his list to include Ottawa, the Sens are no longer interested.

http://www.ottawasun.com/2012/07/03/...hs-list-expand
Great owner.

Kershaw is offline  
Old
07-03-2012, 10:34 PM
  #991
B3rs3rker
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 344
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassť View Post
Think about what you're posting here. What evidence (inference and conjecture don't count) do we have that would indicate how badly Nash wants out of Columbus? None. So far as we know, he hasn't even demanded a trade, just said he was willing to be moved. (Again, inference is not evidence.)
Then you say he's making it difficult. Has it occurred to you the two things might not be opposed but rather related?



Snore. "Won't chase Nash" and "only want players who want to come here" was news at the draft. If indeed Nash was asked and declined to waive for Ottawa, I admit I don't get it. But let's not act like Melnyk has added some new layer of hardass to the story.

Melnyk is a hard ass, he majorly called out Heatley when he wanted out, and he's calling out Nash now. I hate it coming from an owner or any member of an organization, makes him sound like a ******** fan just because Nash doesn't want to come play with his buddy Spezza. Does it suck that he doesn't want to come to Ottawa? Yeah, but at least be classy about it, if Nash was considering expanding Ottawa on his list, that pipe dream is gone (he may have realized too once he was traded there how nice of a city Ottawa is to live in during the season, then he can peace out in the summer).

B3rs3rker is offline  
Old
07-03-2012, 10:38 PM
  #992
Melrose Munch
Registered User
 
Melrose Munch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 14,307
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swervin81 View Post
The Rangers are going after Nash? It makes a lot of sense, actually. Glen Sather couldn't find a UFA to overpay, so he's trading for an already-overpaid player.
Because our team never overpays for anyone. I mean Jeff Finger, what a catch.

Melrose Munch is offline  
Old
07-03-2012, 10:39 PM
  #993
Melrose Munch
Registered User
 
Melrose Munch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 14,307
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
Great owner.
But But Players don't want to come to Canada?

Melrose Munch is offline  
Old
07-03-2012, 10:41 PM
  #994
Iggy77
Registered User
 
Iggy77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Ottawa, ON
Posts: 1,431
vCash: 500
Sorry but if Nash was offered to come to Ottawa and he directly refused, we shouldn't stick around, beg and hope he changes his mind later because he has nowhere else to go.

If you're going to pay someone $8M-ish/season they damn well better be pumped up to come and play. He doesn't want to come here that's fine, I think most people in Ottawa don't want him (or rather don't want to pay the price).

It's not ********, it's common sense, Melnyk's wording might be a bit extreme but after Heatley-gate he's understably sensitive about disloyal players making big money.

At least Methot is excited to play here, he's from Ottawa but it's still nice to see.

Iggy77 is offline  
Old
07-03-2012, 10:44 PM
  #995
ClevelandJacketFan
Awesome Mascots!
 
ClevelandJacketFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: ...Really?
Country: United States
Posts: 3,216
vCash: 500
He's doing what any owner with a brain has done since the beginning of time. He is rallying the fan base.

Because I doubt Rick Nash cares, I doubt most jackets fans (myself included) care, and I doubt most anyone but Sens fans care about what he has to say about Nash.

ClevelandJacketFan is offline  
Old
07-03-2012, 10:47 PM
  #996
Melrose Munch
Registered User
 
Melrose Munch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 14,307
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by fireball8992 View Post
Melnyk is a hard ass, he majorly called out Heatley when he wanted out, and he's calling out Nash now. I hate it coming from an owner or any member of an organization, makes him sound like a ******** fan just because Nash doesn't want to come play with his buddy Spezza. Does it suck that he doesn't want to come to Ottawa? Yeah, but at least be classy about it, if Nash was considering expanding Ottawa on his list, that pipe dream is gone (he may have realized too once he was traded there how nice of a city Ottawa is to live in during the season, then he can peace out in the summer).
Ottawa has snowstorms from Nov to Feb, cold as hell. It's also boring compared to Montreal.

Melrose Munch is offline  
Old
07-03-2012, 10:51 PM
  #997
Kev22
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Plain City, OH
Country: United States
Posts: 3,340
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy77 View Post
Sorry but if Nash was offered to come to Ottawa and he directly refused, we shouldn't stick around, beg and hope he changes his mind later because he has nowhere else to go.

If you're going to pay someone $8M-ish/season they damn well better be pumped up to come and play. He doesn't want to come here that's fine, I think most people in Ottawa don't want him (or rather don't want to pay the price).

It's not ********, it's common sense, Melnyk's wording might be a bit extreme but after Heatley-gate he's understably sensitive about disloyal players making big money.

At least Methot is excited to play here, he's from Ottawa but it's still nice to see.
Ottawa fans should be glad they found out before any type of deal could be finished. You can move on quickly. Though the situations are completely different, Columbus found out the hard way with Carter and the organization has sunk further into the abyss. Carter's lips were saying one thing and his body language and "take the weekend to think" and special trip by the organization were screaming red flags that he didn't want to be here.

Kev22 is offline  
Old
07-03-2012, 10:52 PM
  #998
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/
 
Mayor Bee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 14,523
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevelandJacketFan View Post
He's doing what any owner with a brain has done since the beginning of time. He is rallying the fan base.
I only know what that looks like if it's written in Comic Sans and posted on the official team website.

Mayor Bee is offline  
Old
07-03-2012, 10:54 PM
  #999
Melrose Munch
Registered User
 
Melrose Munch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 14,307
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy77 View Post
Sorry but if Nash was offered to come to Ottawa and he directly refused, we shouldn't stick around, beg and hope he changes his mind later because he has nowhere else to go.

If you're going to pay someone $8M-ish/season they damn well better be pumped up to come and play. He doesn't want to come here that's fine, I think most people in Ottawa don't want him (or rather don't want to pay the price).

It's not ********, it's common sense, Melnyk's wording might be a bit extreme but after Heatley-gate he's understably sensitive about disloyal players making big money.

At least Methot is excited to play here, he's from Ottawa but it's still nice to see.
It's a bit of both. Ottawa as a small market won't get a lot of free agents, but when someone like Nash disses them you have to say something.

Melrose Munch is offline  
Old
07-03-2012, 10:57 PM
  #1000
B3rs3rker
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 344
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose Munch View Post
Ottawa has snowstorms from Nov to Feb, cold as hell. It's also boring compared to Montreal.
New York gets snowstorms too (it's not as cold mind you), Toronto gets very similar weather to New York. I wouldn't be surprised if it's his wife wanting to be in a big city thing though (as you said, Ottawa is boring compared to Montreal, which I won't argue).

I think it just gets tiring hearing Melnyk do this constantly, great to have an owner that cares, but sometimes it's over the top. I think this is one of those cases. I'm probably off base a bit, but I'm allowed to speak my opinion and I did.

B3rs3rker is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:11 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.