HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Rick Nash - The Frenzy...continues

Closed Thread

Old
07-03-2012, 09:14 PM
Jack de la Hoya

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMardigan View Post
I think what JR has offered Howson is probably approved, but Nash is the hold up.

I would guess its, Jussi, x prospect, x prospect , + 1st for 2013, + Conditional 1st for 2014.
Is that any better than the Rangers offer that was turned down?

Old
07-03-2012, 09:18 PM
Clockworkxx
Rookie User

What im thinkin is that howson is at a stalemate and doesnt wana give up nash for the offers hes getting so as the time passes nash will start to worry about being stuck in columbus again...so hes gona open up his team list and start to add more n more teams till one of them come up with a combo for howson to stomach...unless howson himself gives in then nash prolly wont go to his current list of teams because the players howson wants in return wont be included from them. So i wont be shcoked when he goes to somewhere like carolina

Old
07-03-2012, 09:19 PM
Marty Straka
Don't Stop Believin'

Looks like the Senators owner is saying a Big F U to Nash considering he doesn't want to come to Ottawa... and even if he expanded his list to include Ottawa, the Sens are no longer interested.

http://www.ottawasun.com/2012/07/03/...hs-list-expand

Old
07-03-2012, 09:21 PM
Benny FTW
Head Light Fluid

vCash: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty Straka View Post
Looks like the Senators owner is saying a Big F U to Nash considering he doesn't want to come to Ottawa... and even if he expanded his list to include Ottawa, the Sens are no longer interested.

I love Melnyk.

Old
07-03-2012, 09:28 PM
Dionysus

vCash: 50
You don't want to play, Eugene no pay.

Old
07-03-2012, 09:53 PM
Carolinas Identity
This is ARRGH State!

As has been discussed on the Cane's board, I think it's safe to assume that on top of our interest, we have something Howson covets as much as we covet Nash. Now it just becomes a game of chess until the rest of the pieces fall into place.

Old
07-03-2012, 09:58 PM
Sasha Cares
28 mph!!!!!!!

It's just weird there is so much smoke with Car for them to not have an offer that is really close to what CBJ wants... I can only think they really covet Murphy

Old
07-03-2012, 10:05 PM
ClevelandJacketFan
Awesome Mascots!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricane Anton View Post
It's just weird there is so much smoke with Car for them to not have an offer that is really close to what CBJ wants... I can only think they really covet Murphy
I sincerely doubt it's Murphy they would REALLY want from Carolina. Murphy would be just another defenseman to add to the prospect list in Columbus, along with John Moore, Ryan Murray, David Savard, Teddy Ruth, Cody Goloubef, and I'm forgetting someone else here...

I'm not saying the Jackets WOULDN'T take him, but I think it would be highly unlikely they would make the deal just because of him.

Old
07-03-2012, 10:06 PM
Carolinas Identity
This is ARRGH State!

Rick Nash
Fedor Tyutin
Steve Mason

Justin Faulk
Ryan Murphy
Jussi Jokinen
Justin Peters
2013 2nd & 3rd -OR- 2014 1st (CBJ's choice)

thoughts?

Old
07-03-2012, 10:07 PM
TrueCanuckle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi Trollinen View Post

Rick Nash
Fedor Tyutin
Steve Mason

Justin Faulk
Ryan Murphy
Jussi Jokinen
Justin Peters
2013 2nd & 3rd -OR- 2014 1st (CBJ's choice)

thoughts?
is that a joke?

Old
07-03-2012, 10:08 PM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
As what GKJ pointed out in another thread, as much as Nash apparently wants out of Columbus, he's really making it difficult with regards to what teams he'd be willing to move to.
Think about what you're posting here. What evidence (inference and conjecture don't count) do we have that would indicate how badly Nash wants out of Columbus? None. So far as we know, he hasn't even demanded a trade, just said he was willing to be moved. (Again, inference is not evidence.)
Then you say he's making it difficult. Has it occurred to you the two things might not be opposed but rather related?

Quote:

Snore. "Won't chase Nash" and "only want players who want to come here" was news at the draft. If indeed Nash was asked and declined to waive for Ottawa, I admit I don't get it. But let's not act like Melnyk has added some new layer of hardass to the story.

Old
07-03-2012, 10:19 PM
Brock Anton
Deal with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeromeo87 View Post
Canes want Nash. Columbus wants young scorers. St.Louis needs a top pairing left handed dman. Here ya go.

To Carolina
Nash

To St. Louis
Pitkanen, Stewart (so he can play with his bro - seems to be the trend this year), 4th rd pick

To Columbus
Perron, Tlusty, Dalpe, Carolina's 2013 1st (an overpayment, imo - but w/e)
All you're proposals are pretty much the same. (and St. Louis gets ******)

Pitkanen, Tlusty, Dalpe and a 1st are in some way every single one of you're proposals, no matter what player you want.

And the fact that you think also giving up a 2013 1st is an "overpayment" is just..... wow.

Old
07-03-2012, 10:26 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swervin81 View Post
The Rangers are going after Nash? It makes a lot of sense, actually. Glen Sather couldn't find a UFA to overpay, so he's trading for an already-overpaid player.
What UFA has Sather overpaid since the Obama administration started? He completely avoided Parise and Suter. But hey we can all live like its 2008 still. You think Hossa stays with Pittsburgh?

Old
07-03-2012, 10:30 PM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

Quote:

I thought it was just in St. Louis that our local paper was referred to as the "Columbus Post-Dispatch"...looks like I was wrong.

Old
07-03-2012, 10:33 PM
Kershaw

Quote:

Great owner.

Old
07-03-2012, 10:34 PM
B3rs3rker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassť View Post
Think about what you're posting here. What evidence (inference and conjecture don't count) do we have that would indicate how badly Nash wants out of Columbus? None. So far as we know, he hasn't even demanded a trade, just said he was willing to be moved. (Again, inference is not evidence.)
Then you say he's making it difficult. Has it occurred to you the two things might not be opposed but rather related?

Snore. "Won't chase Nash" and "only want players who want to come here" was news at the draft. If indeed Nash was asked and declined to waive for Ottawa, I admit I don't get it. But let's not act like Melnyk has added some new layer of hardass to the story.

Melnyk is a hard ass, he majorly called out Heatley when he wanted out, and he's calling out Nash now. I hate it coming from an owner or any member of an organization, makes him sound like a ******** fan just because Nash doesn't want to come play with his buddy Spezza. Does it suck that he doesn't want to come to Ottawa? Yeah, but at least be classy about it, if Nash was considering expanding Ottawa on his list, that pipe dream is gone (he may have realized too once he was traded there how nice of a city Ottawa is to live in during the season, then he can peace out in the summer).

Old
07-03-2012, 10:38 PM
Melrose Munch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swervin81 View Post
The Rangers are going after Nash? It makes a lot of sense, actually. Glen Sather couldn't find a UFA to overpay, so he's trading for an already-overpaid player.
Because our team never overpays for anyone. I mean Jeff Finger, what a catch.

Old
07-03-2012, 10:39 PM
Melrose Munch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
Great owner.
But But Players don't want to come to Canada?

Old
07-03-2012, 10:41 PM
Iggy77

Sorry but if Nash was offered to come to Ottawa and he directly refused, we shouldn't stick around, beg and hope he changes his mind later because he has nowhere else to go.

If you're going to pay someone $8M-ish/season they damn well better be pumped up to come and play. He doesn't want to come here that's fine, I think most people in Ottawa don't want him (or rather don't want to pay the price).

It's not ********, it's common sense, Melnyk's wording might be a bit extreme but after Heatley-gate he's understably sensitive about disloyal players making big money.

At least Methot is excited to play here, he's from Ottawa but it's still nice to see.

Old
07-03-2012, 10:44 PM
ClevelandJacketFan
Awesome Mascots!

He's doing what any owner with a brain has done since the beginning of time. He is rallying the fan base.

Because I doubt Rick Nash cares, I doubt most jackets fans (myself included) care, and I doubt most anyone but Sens fans care about what he has to say about Nash.

Old
07-03-2012, 10:47 PM
Melrose Munch

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireball8992 View Post
Melnyk is a hard ass, he majorly called out Heatley when he wanted out, and he's calling out Nash now. I hate it coming from an owner or any member of an organization, makes him sound like a ******** fan just because Nash doesn't want to come play with his buddy Spezza. Does it suck that he doesn't want to come to Ottawa? Yeah, but at least be classy about it, if Nash was considering expanding Ottawa on his list, that pipe dream is gone (he may have realized too once he was traded there how nice of a city Ottawa is to live in during the season, then he can peace out in the summer).
Ottawa has snowstorms from Nov to Feb, cold as hell. It's also boring compared to Montreal.

Old
07-03-2012, 10:51 PM
Kev22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy77 View Post
Sorry but if Nash was offered to come to Ottawa and he directly refused, we shouldn't stick around, beg and hope he changes his mind later because he has nowhere else to go.

If you're going to pay someone $8M-ish/season they damn well better be pumped up to come and play. He doesn't want to come here that's fine, I think most people in Ottawa don't want him (or rather don't want to pay the price).

It's not ********, it's common sense, Melnyk's wording might be a bit extreme but after Heatley-gate he's understably sensitive about disloyal players making big money.

At least Methot is excited to play here, he's from Ottawa but it's still nice to see.
Ottawa fans should be glad they found out before any type of deal could be finished. You can move on quickly. Though the situations are completely different, Columbus found out the hard way with Carter and the organization has sunk further into the abyss. Carter's lips were saying one thing and his body language and "take the weekend to think" and special trip by the organization were screaming red flags that he didn't want to be here.

Old
07-03-2012, 10:52 PM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevelandJacketFan View Post
He's doing what any owner with a brain has done since the beginning of time. He is rallying the fan base.
I only know what that looks like if it's written in Comic Sans and posted on the official team website.

Old
07-03-2012, 10:54 PM
Melrose Munch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy77 View Post

It's a bit of both. Ottawa as a small market won't get a lot of free agents, but when someone like Nash disses them you have to say something.

Old
07-03-2012, 10:57 PM
B3rs3rker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose Munch View Post
Ottawa has snowstorms from Nov to Feb, cold as hell. It's also boring compared to Montreal.
New York gets snowstorms too (it's not as cold mind you), Toronto gets very similar weather to New York. I wouldn't be surprised if it's his wife wanting to be in a big city thing though (as you said, Ottawa is boring compared to Montreal, which I won't argue).

I think it just gets tiring hearing Melnyk do this constantly, great to have an owner that cares, but sometimes it's over the top. I think this is one of those cases. I'm probably off base a bit, but I'm allowed to speak my opinion and I did.

Closed Thread