HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Rick Nash - The Frenzy...continues

Closed Thread

Old
07-02-2012, 10:11 AM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post
Someone's going to grossly overpay for Nash and regret it. Most overrated player I've seen in a long time. Not to say he isn't good....but the guy isn't worth a lot of the offers I've been hearing and seeing.
Keith Primeau retired in 2006, which isn't that long ago.

Old
07-02-2012, 10:12 AM
Tyrolean

As a fan, I hope none of these high profile players get overpaid and a long term.

Old
07-02-2012, 10:13 AM
Bardof425*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cash for Nash View Post

The only person living in a fairy tale world is you if you think Brandon Dubinsky plus a couple of meddling prospects gets you Rick Nash. That is the biggest fairy tale of all.

If you don't want Nash no problem, you have a good team. Roll with it and get off this thread.

This is a Rick Nash trade thread. Not Boom Booms fantasy world to get a good player for junk.
Rick Nash at 7.8 cap hit is not worth the deal "worked out" on this forum. There is a more reasonable price for him; one that coincides with his production and skill set and not the fantasy, Superman persona that has been thrust upon him from the BJ faithful.

Dubinsky (our leading scorer two years ago) who is a strong two way forward with leadership skills and toughness

Hagelin (young two way player with a big upside)

Erixon (top D prospect)

1st

The Jackets get three guys who step right into their lineup on day 1 two of which are likely in their top 6 and a future 1st or 2nd pair defenseman with strong PP skills.

if Nash's contract was better, the deal would be a little better. But it's not and the deal won't be. If the Jackets are not interested in this level of talent then he will likely be in Columbus in September and more sadness will ensue in Ohio. turn the page.

Old
07-02-2012, 10:14 AM
Swept In Seven
Muh Offensive Talent

vCash: 116
Hope the Rangers do not acquire him. 7.8 per is a hell of a committment for a young and growing team, not to mention the assets required to obtain him

Old
07-02-2012, 10:14 AM
Auzzie19

TOR:
- Nash (7.8 m)

CLB:
- Kadri (1.72 m)
- Connolly (4.7 m)
- Blacker (0.87 m)
- McKegg (0.87 m)

Old
07-02-2012, 10:16 AM
Bardof425*

Quote:
I wouldn't trade RJ Umberger or even Cam Atkinson for the dudes (JT Miller, Thomas) you are mentioning in a Nash deal.

lmao....get real.
That's cause you are an uninformed hockey fan. That's ok. Btw, I like Cam Atkinson and wouldn't move him for those guys at this point. RJ Umberger?? Stop.

Old
07-02-2012, 10:17 AM
wahoyaho

vCash: 1058
7.8 is a horrible caphit for Rick zzz Nash. I really don't see why he's so sought after.

Old
07-02-2012, 10:19 AM
candyman82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Erixon's Lunchbox View Post
Meddling prospects? You honesty have no clue what you're talking about kid, and you haven't since this whole debacle started. You're probably the same guy trying to burn Lebron jerseys still.
Well, the Rangers only have two prospects that I would consider blue-chip guys. Stepan and Kreider. Both of these are apparently off the table. The next class down lends Erixon, Miller, Thomas, and Hagelin. Tim Erixon is the last guy the Blue Jackets would ask for given what he pulled with Calgary, after the Jeff Carter and Nikita Filatov fiascos the Jackets are very skittish on guys with character issues. J.T. Miller is a good prospect and a guy I wouldn't mind as a piece for a Nash deal, but I don't see him ever being more than a second line player. Christian Thomas, although skilled, doesn't hold very much value to the Jackets, no offense but he seems like a poor mans Cam Atkinson. Hagelin is a guy I would love to see on the Blue Jackets, but I think he also maxes out as a very good second liner. These are far from middling prospects, but does that make them really worth a guy who is one of only five players in the league to score 30 goals every year since the lockout?

Old
07-02-2012, 10:20 AM
Spectra
Registered boozer

Quote:
Originally Posted by xX Hot Fuss View Post
Impossible but what would it take to get Nash to Chicago?

Saad+ 2013 1st+ Hjalmarsson+ Stalberg?
Wtf, no way the Hawks do this!

Old
07-02-2012, 10:23 AM
Bruins71*
Bergeron for Selke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auzzie19 View Post
TOR:
- Nash (7.8 m)

CLB:
- Kadri (1.72 m)
- Connolly (4.7 m)
- Blacker (0.87 m)
- McKegg (0.87 m)
hahahahahahaha

Old
07-02-2012, 10:24 AM
Cash for Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Erixon's Lunchbox View Post
So JT Miller, Brandon Dubinsky, Del Zotto, and a 1st isnt a good deal to you Mr Howson? You're an absolute fool and thank god for everyone that 14 year olds can't be GM's, but hey keep holding onto the pipe dream of McDonagh(who's better then Nash) and Kreider(who multiple GM's have said they wouldn't even trade straight up for Nash). I didn't even want Nash but now I hope he goes to the Rangers because you're going to be so disappointed at the return.
Nope...Hagelin instead of Miller would do. And I wouldn't really like that....And most CBJ fans wouldn't like it either because there is really no centerpiece. It would just be settling.

Just plug in Miller for Hagelin dude. I mean Miller is a "top" prospect right? Like Hagelin last year but better, right?

Old
07-02-2012, 10:24 AM
candyman82

Quote:
TOR:
- Nash (7.8 m)

CLB:
- Kadri (1.72 m)
- Connolly (4.7 m)
- Blacker (0.87 m)
- McKegg (0.87 m)
No.

I'm trying to find the link, but the Blue Jackets are not high on Nazem Kadri. Connolly I am not even going to comment on, as I assume he was added just for cap reasons. Blacker only further increase the logjam we have on defense (Something I never thought I would say about the Blue Jackets) and I have serious doubts McKegg's game will ever transfer to the NHL.

Old
07-02-2012, 10:26 AM
candyman82

Also, Ryan Mcdonagh is not better than Rick Nash. Not at all.

Old
sexton11

Quote:
TOR:
- Nash (7.8 m)

CLB:
- Kadri (1.72 m)
- Connolly (4.7 m)
- Blacker (0.87 m)
- McKegg (0.87 m)
Love how you added Tim Connoly in there lol
This is a Rick Nash trade thread, the RJ Umberger trade thread is that way

Old
Cash for Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardof425 View Post
Rick Nash at 7.8 cap hit is not worth the deal "worked out" on this forum. There is a more reasonable price for him; one that coincides with his production and skill set and not the fantasy, Superman persona that has been thrust upon him from the BJ faithful.

Dubinsky (our leading scorer two years ago) who is a strong two way forward with leadership skills and toughness

Hagelin (young two way player with a big upside)

Erixon (top D prospect)

1st

The Jackets get three guys who step right into their lineup on day 1 two of which are likely in their top 6 and a future 1st or 2nd pair defenseman with strong PP skills.

if Nash's contract was better, the deal would be a little better. But it's not and the deal won't be. If the Jackets are not interested in this level of talent then he will likely be in Columbus in September and more sadness will ensue in Ohio. turn the page.
I think the superman persona has already been used on "Chris Kreider" to be honest.

But whatever....

Old
07-02-2012, 10:29 AM
Cash for Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexton11 View Post
Love how you added Tim Connoly in there lol
This is a Rick Nash trade thread, the RJ Umberger trade thread is that way
hehe...Umbie ain't that bad but yeah.

Old
07-02-2012, 10:33 AM
Trxjw
Bored.

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyman82 View Post
It's not about being better. It's about a 23 year old on an ELC who is already a top-pairing d-man, and well on his way to being a legitimate #1 guy, vs a player who is 28 and is locked into a massive contract that he hasn't yet lived up to. Cap management trumps talent sometimes.

Old
07-02-2012, 10:36 AM
candyman82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
It's not about being better. It's about a 23 year old on an ELC who is already a top-pairing d-man, and well on his way to being a legitimate #1 guy, vs a player who is 28 and is locked into a massive contract that he hasn't yet lived up to. Cap management trumps talent sometimes.
I was talking to Tim Erixon's Lunchbox, who said that McDonagh is better than Nash.

Old
07-02-2012, 10:36 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
I think the superman persona has already been used on "Chris Kreider" to be honest.

But whatever....
Kreider has more playoff goals than Nash....

07-02-2012, 10:38 AM
HockeyH3aven
#Flynnsanity

How about a deal centered around Vanek (BUF) for Nash (CBJ)?

CBJ gets slightly more production at a lower cap hit

BUF gets a more all around player with "better intangibles".

Old
07-02-2012, 10:39 AM
Kershaw

vCash: 50
Quote:
Sure, based strictly on reputation.

Advanced stats say that McDonagh was a top 5 defenseman last yr. He is the best defenseman on the best team in the EC that allowed the 2nd fewest goals in the league. His skating, size and smarts makes him a much more valuable player than Nash.

Old
07-02-2012, 10:39 AM
TSA0402

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Rick Nash has been a top line winger for several years.

McDonagh has played close to top pairing ability for several months.

There is no guarantee he becomes a #1, I remember last playoffs with P.K. Subban vs Boston, there was lots of talk of him being a top 15 defender in the NHL now look.

Regressions can happen. I can fully understand not wanting to trade him, but a little perspective, please....

Old
07-02-2012, 10:41 AM
TSA0402

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
Kreider has more playoff goals than Nash....
That isn't very hard. Nash has only played 4 playoff games. If he did manage to outscore Kreider in that time frame, he should be called superman.

Old
07-02-2012, 10:42 AM
pld459666

vCash: 873

Quote:
Plays a more important role than Nash does and is better at HIS role than Nash is at his role.

can't really compare the two as they play different positions, but comparing them at the roles they play for their respective teams, I would never trade McDonagh for Nash straight up let alone add him to a package of 2-3 other assets.

That's just laughable.

Old
07-02-2012, 10:42 AM
Qward
Because! That's why!

vCash: 265
What makes me mad is Nash told everyone when he requested the trade he wanted to do what was best for the Blue Jackets. I tried defending him, saying this is nothing like Heatley.
Ottawa stepped up. A trade was in place and Nash refused to waive his NTC to come to Ottawa. This is exactley like Heatley.

How is refusing to be traded to anyteam minus the one you want doing whats best for the Jackets?

**** you Nash.
I hope you come to an Eastern Conference team so I can boo you at least twice this year.

Closed Thread