HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Rick Nash - The Frenzy...continues

Closed Thread

Old
07-02-2012, 10:43 AM
Erixon53

vCash: 500
Anyone who gives CBJ more for Nash than NJ gave ATL for Kovalchuk should be canned.

Old
07-02-2012, 10:45 AM
Auzzie19

CLB isn't high on anybody, how the **** are they expecting to get out of the basement. I mean they can't be worse than last, can they?

Laughing stock of the NHL since ....... FOREVER

Old
07-02-2012, 10:45 AM
ddawg1950

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyman82 View Post
No.

I'm trying to find the link, but the Blue Jackets are not high on Nazem Kadri. Connolly I am not even going to comment on, as I assume he was added just for cap reasons. Blacker only further increase the logjam we have on defense (Something I never thought I would say about the Blue Jackets) and I have serious doubts McKegg's game will ever transfer to the NHL.
The Blue Jackets are not the only ones not high on Kadri. Neither apparently are the TML fans.

His name shows up on numerous trade proposals trying to ship him put of town.

Old
07-02-2012, 10:46 AM
candyman82

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
Kreider has more playoff goals than Nash....
Okay, 4 more. In 14 more games. Seriously, what a useless statistic.

Old
07-02-2012, 10:47 AM
iceless
-`ღ-

Nash is basically an older Bobby Ryan on an overpayed contract. All fielded offers should be slightly less than the return for Bobby Ryan.

Old
compan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Ogrodnick View Post
Disagree there. Howson badly mismanaged the situation when he publicly threw Nash under the bus by announcing Nash's desire for a trade in a press conference. There is no way that it would be healthy for the team to start the season with Nash still there. He's backed into a corner.
But I don't think this equates to him settling for less than what he feels Nash is worth to the organization. Nash hasn't said he will sit out if he is not traded so Howson's back isn't completely against the wall here. Once Parise is signed and (if) Ryan is traded, the market will be heavily shifted to Nash (imo) and Howson may end up getting what he's looking for. Especially if Pitt lands Parise and Philly lands Ryan.

Old
Levitate

Bottom line is that Nash is not an elite player at this point, he's a good 1st line player. Columbus won't get a surefire 1st line player+ more in return for him because that would be at best a lateral move for anyone trading for Nash

depth players and prospects are the best Columbus will get for Nash and it's what he's worth, not some magical superstar return that includes the best prospects and best young players from the other team

Old
07-02-2012, 10:48 AM
coolstorybro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erixon53 View Post
Anyone who gives CBJ more for Nash than NJ gave ATL for Kovalchuk should be canned.
i agree. deal should be pretty similar.

Old
07-02-2012, 10:49 AM
pwoz

Sather is usually a magician with trades, but he doesn't have any incriminating photos of Howson to steal Nash.

Old
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolstorybro View Post
i agree. deal should be pretty similar.
Kovalchuk is better than Nash so realistically it should be less than what it cost to get Kovalchuk

Old
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
Kovalchuk is better than Nash so realistically it should be less than what it cost to get Kovalchuk
And that whole contract thing. Kovalchuk was a rental.

07-02-2012, 10:50 AM
Auzzie19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddawg1950 View Post
The Blue Jackets are not the only ones not high on Kadri. Neither apparently are the TML fans.

His name shows up on numerous trade proposals trying to ship him put of town.
Only because he isn't given a fair shake in T.O. Have you seen the **** Burke is putting on the ice, trying to sell as a "playoff contender" haha

Old
07-02-2012, 10:52 AM
Cash for Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
Kreider has more playoff goals than Nash....
Give him the red cape...

Old
07-02-2012, 10:53 AM
pld459666

vCash: 873
all the talk about sitting out is not going to happen.

The NHLPA has agreed that they will not hold out on existing valid contracts.

They can advise the team trading them they they will not agree to a certain destination, but unless they have a NTC or an NMC, and they get traded, they HAVE to play just like Carter HAD to play for Columbus last year.

Is the situation ideal to have an un-happy player in the line-up every day? No and by that alone a deal needs to be made, but please do not mix that up with Nash holding out.

He can't and he won't.

He will also be unhappy that a deal did not get done (regardless of what you want to or choose to believe) and that kind of player is not good to have around the team.

Columbus has no choice BUT to play him as they would then get SOME form of retunr on their investment.

They send him home, it's their choice and they would have to pay him.

Pay him to stay home? or pay him to play even while unhappy until resolution?

I bet they pay him to play until resolution.

Old
07-02-2012, 10:57 AM
gojackets1
Someday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auzzie19 View Post
CLB isn't high on anybody, how the **** are they expecting to get out of the basement. I mean they can't be worse than last, can they?

Laughing stock of the NHL since ....... FOREVER
Says the Leafs fan who just proposed the worst Nash trade I have ever seen. By the way, the Leafs have been a laughing stock for way longer than the Jackets, although, I'm not saying the Jackets aren't. Nice try though.

Old
07-02-2012, 10:57 AM
Shadowrunner

Send a message via ICQ to Shadowrunner Send a message via AIM to Shadowrunner
Best case scenario: Parise leaves the division for Detroit or Minnesota, Sather drives up the price for Nash and forces Flyers to overpay and get stuck with another horrid contract.

I really, really don't want anything to do with Rick. I wouldn't want him as a FA at that price, never mind having to give up good young players and picks. Let him rot in Columbus. Or Philly.

Old
07-02-2012, 10:58 AM
candyman82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auzzie19 View Post

Laughing stalk of the NHL since ....... FOREVER
Well, if we don't get out of the basement at least your leafs will make nice company. If you want to talk about laughing stocks (Nice spelling) explain to me why the Leafs have a longer playoff drought than the most recent expansion team? Explain why the heralded Leafs haven't won a cup in almost 50 years? This is the first time in Blue Jackets history that they have finished at the bottom of the league. I admit the team sucks, but the Leafs aren't much better. Your comment was stupid and uncalled for. I may disagree with Rangers fans here about what it would cost to get Nash, but at least we can manage (most of the time) some degree of civility. You make a proposal, having done little to no research, and when the offer is picked apart you act like a petulant child. I explained why the offer wouldn't be a good one. The Blue Jackets have expressed little interest in Nazem Kadri. So what? He isn't the kind of player the team wants to rebuild with. If you have nothing constructive to say, do us all a favor and please just lurk. Now excuse me, I am going to go back to discussing what a Rick Nash trade would look like. When you decide to act like an adult or at least a relatively intelligent child, I will gladly debate the workings of a potential Nash to Toronto trade with you. Until then, please leave us alone.

Old
07-02-2012, 10:59 AM
BobMarleyNYR

Send a message via AIM to BobMarleyNYR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
Slats SHOULD be ok with it but who knows anymore!! Kreider-Richards-gaborik. Nash-stepan-Cally. Boyle-AA-??.I'm sure we could find a third line player in FA
Ok, and who plays in Gaborik's place first half a season? Callahan? Ok, who fills in for Callahan? Asham? Rupp?

Why does everyone keep factoring Gaborik into the llineup when he WILL be out?

If we don't find at least 1 top-six guy before next season, it will be a looong first half.

Old
07-02-2012, 11:02 AM
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobMarleyNYR View Post
Ok, and who plays in Gaborik's place first half a season? Callahan? Ok, who fills in for Callahan? Asham? Rupp?

Why does everyone keep factoring Gaborik into the llineup when he WILL be out?

If we don't find at least 1 top-six guy before next season, it will be a looong first half.
You can't win the Stanley Cup in the first half of the season, but you can lose it.

Old
07-02-2012, 11:03 AM
Rabid Ranger
2 is better than one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
Bottom line is that Nash is not an elite player at this point, he's a good 1st line player. Columbus won't get a surefire 1st line player+ more in return for him because that would be at best a lateral move for anyone trading for Nash

depth players and prospects are the best Columbus will get for Nash and it's what he's worth, not some magical superstar return that includes the best prospects and best young players from the other team
I don't know-think you can argue Nash is a still an elite player. Put him in a better situation and I think his numbers improve dramatcally. I also think a team like the Canes is willing to give up quite a bit-Howson is jus trying to squeeze a bit more as this will be the definitive deal of his tenure.

Old
07-02-2012, 11:04 AM
candyman82

Quote:
Originally Posted by leesmith View Post
You can't win the Stanley Cup in the first half of the season, but you can lose it.
The story of the Columbus Blue Jackets

Old
07-02-2012, 11:05 AM
candyman82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabid Ranger View Post
I don't know-think you can argue Nash is a still an elite player. Put him in a better situation and I think his numbers improve dramatcally. I also think a team like the Canes is willing to give up quite a bit-Howson is jus trying to squeeze a bit more as this will be the definitive deal of his tenure.
I would say a guy who has scored 30 goals five seasons in a row would be considered elite by most standards

Old
07-02-2012, 11:06 AM
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabid Ranger View Post
It is incredibly foolish to pay the price for the kind of production you hope a player can produce, rather than what you know he's producing right now.

Nash was never a top tier elite player anyways aside from a year or two.

e: and that's because I'm giving him credit for co-winning the Richard with like 41 goals

Old
07-02-2012, 11:08 AM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSA0402 View Post
Rick Nash has been a top line winger for several years.

McDonagh has played close to top pairing ability for several months.

There is no guarantee he becomes a #1, I remember last playoffs with P.K. Subban vs Boston, there was lots of talk of him being a top 15 defender in the NHL now look.

Regressions can happen. I can fully understand not wanting to trade him, but a little perspective, please....
My perspective is fine. Yes, players can regress. We really don't need to look any further than Rick Nash and his three consecutive seasons of declining production to prove that point. However, I'm far more inclined to put McDonagh ahead of Nash in terms of overall value. When you consider the talent, age, and cap implications, it's a no-brainer for me. When you take all of those things into account, there's a laundry list of players I'd put ahead of Nash. If Nash was on a more reasonable contract, a deal would have been done a long time ago. It's never been about his talent level for most level-headed Ranger fans.

You can't ignore the big picture. I can't say Nash is a 59 point player anymore than Jackets fans can say Dubinsky is a 10 goal scorer. Neither argument represents the bigger picture. Just the same as saying Nash has been a top-line winger for several years doesn't make him more valuable than a kid who has been a top-pairing D for one year.

Old
07-02-2012, 11:08 AM
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cash for Nash View Post

The only person living in a fairy tale world is you if you think Brandon Dubinsky plus a couple of meddling prospects gets you Rick Nash. That is the biggest fairy tale of all.

If you don't want Nash no problem, you have a good team. Roll with it and get off this thread.

This is a Rick Nash trade thread. Not Boom Booms fantasy world to get a good player for junk.
Wrong yet again. Show me where I suggested Dubinsky+ is enough to acquire Nash.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I do not want Nash in the Rangers. Another thing I've said is I wouldn't sign Nash at his current contract if he was an UFA.

You're not very good at this whole, message-board posting thing.

Closed Thread