HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

11'/12' Offseason/Trades/Signings: Read here to see if it is already reported.| FA II

Closed Thread

Old
07-02-2012, 03:15 PM
Winreims

vCash: 500
I forgot Hudler was a free agent Decent pickup for the Flames, but they still need a center.

Old
07-02-2012, 03:16 PM
JMcLeaf
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winreims View Post
I forgot Hudler was a free agent Decent pickup for the Flames, but they still need a center.
I wouldnt want Hudler with that contract.

Old
07-02-2012, 03:16 PM
SteveV*

Quote:
Originally Posted by p.l.f. View Post
elaborate
It came up a couple times on his show, once when LeBrun was on, no details, but they both seemed to think it was an option. Why wouldn't it be, not sure why most are so quick to scoff?

Old
07-02-2012, 03:17 PM
Crispy Crust

vCash: 570
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMcLeaf View Post
I wouldnt want Hudler with that contract.
Undersized, not good at faceoffs, easy to knock off the puck, not a great skater, and can't kill penalties. Yeah I agree.

Old
07-02-2012, 03:17 PM
Drew311
Catch The Taste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interactif View Post
Ernie, only you could turn a simple trading Grabo as part of a package for an elite talent like Bobby Ryan into a long winded answer like this one.

Too many branches as in branching out to address in this post..

Bottom line is this, for the Leafs to acquire quality, you have to give up quality. That's what we did for Van Reimsdyk. ie Schenn.

If Dreger tweets, after I posted that the logical players we should include is our #2C, are you telling me you wouldn't trade Grabo for an elite talent like Ryan. Straight answer please, enough of the volume posting, stick to the issue at hand.

And if you say no you wouldn't include Grabo in a package for Ryan, 30 GMS would disagree with you. I have yet to read or hear anyone say Grabo is more valuable than Bobby Ryan with the exception of you.
What separates the Schenn for JVR deal from a potential Grabo+ for Ryan deal is that Burke was trading a position of strength/depth for a needed piece. Trading away our best centre makes an already weak organizational position even weaker.

Plus, the price wouldn't just be Grabo, a second and a prospect. It would look more like Grabovski, Kulemin and Blacker. Unless you think Burke can then acquire a number one centre with our left over assets, then I say pull the trigger. Although, I just don't see it, and don't think it would be worth getting Ryan if our centre depth going into next season is Bozak, Connolly and McClement.

Old
07-02-2012, 03:18 PM
Chandrashekhar Limit
ORANJE 4 LYFE

4M is standard salary for a 50 pt forward like Hudler. Flames added a good player.

Wouldn't be a good fit for us, since we already have a enough wingers like him.

Old
07-02-2012, 03:20 PM
Erza Scarlet
following the mantle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew311 View Post
What separates the Schenn for JVR deal from a potential Grabo+ for Ryan deal is that Burke was trading a position of strength/depth for a needed piece. Trading away our best centre makes an already weak organizational position even weaker.

Plus, the price wouldn't just be Grabo, a second and a prospect. It would look more like Grabovski, Kulemin and Blacker. Unless you think Burke can then acquire a number one centre with our left over assets, then I say pull the trigger. Although, I just don't see it, and don't think it would be worth getting Ryan if our centre depth going into next season is Bozak, Connolly and McClement.
keep hearing that people want a #1 center but how many teams are trading them away?

only ones that I think would be passable as #1 centers that potentially could be avaliable later are:

Statsny, Roy, Getzlaf

Don't see the rest of the top line centers avaliable. I don't want Burke to stand around and do nothing. Statsny and Roy are not the type of upgrade I want, I'd trade pieces to get Ryan and hope for Getzlaf next year if he doesn't resign with the Ducks. Team's aren't trading #1 centers easily or they're not avaliable, if you can upgrade your roster, you do it.

Number #1 centers probably not on the block:

Malkin
Stamkos
Crosby
Lecavalier
Krecji, Seguin, Bergeron
Eric Staal, Jordan Staal
Toews
Duchene
Benn
Datsyuk, Zetteberg
Hopkins
Kopitar, Richards (maybe Carter)
Mikko Koivu
Zajac, Elias
Tavares
brad Richards
Spezza
Giroux
Thorton, Marleau, (maybe Couture)
Backes
H.Sedin, Kesler
Backstrom

Old
07-02-2012, 03:21 PM
Interactif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew311 View Post

Grabo is a disposable piece to me, the prospect and pick, if this is the stumbling blocks are the parts that the Leafs will greatly have to evaluate. Bobby Ryan is a young man heading into the prime years of his career. So it's not like we are dealing for a player that is towards the end of their career. But yes, do agree the part that would bother me more is the propects rather than Grabo. But elite talents like Ryan do not come along often, if they are available, you think long and hard how to make it happen.

Old
07-02-2012, 03:23 PM
RaskY
Heir to Lidstrom

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyris View Post
Didn't you lose a bet where you promised to never post here again?
yeah and he's a little biatch

Old
07-02-2012, 03:23 PM
nuck
Axis of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crispy Crust View Post
Undersized, not good at faceoffs, easy to knock off the puck, not a great skater, and can't kill penalties. Yeah I agree.
Except for the skating isn't that Grabo? Scored 1 point more and signed for $5.5. Thats a good signing. Add a milion dollars to everyone's value from last year.

Old
07-02-2012, 03:27 PM
Drew311
Catch The Taste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erza Scarlet View Post
keep hearing that people want a #1 center but how many teams are trading them away?

only ones that I think would be passable as #1 centers that potentially could be avaliable later are:

Statsny, Roy, Getzlaf

Don't see the rest of the top line centers avaliable. I don't want Burke to stand around and do nothing. Statsny and Roy are not the type of upgrade I want, I'd trade pieces to get Ryan and hope for Getzlaf next year if he doesn't resign with the Ducks. Team's aren't trading #1 centers easily or they're not avaliable, if you can upgrade your roster, you do it.
Stastny is a very good play making centre who is great in the faceoff circle. He would be a huge upgrade over Boazk and would make the first line even more deadly. If he can be had for a reasonable price it's a no-brainer.

We're not getting a big, tough PPG centre via trade. It's just not happening. Stastny is most likely the best option that could realistically become available.

Old
MapleLeafs9

I found this tweet interesting:

Hockey Buzz Eklund ‏@Eklund
E5 RT @MattBrazil16: @Eklund Could you report that Toronto is trading Jake Gardiner? That way we can be 100% sure he's staying a leaf!

E5 as in he will be traded, or E5 he's 100% staying?

Old
SteveV*

If we did move Grabo, then Bozak could take his place on the second line where he should be. Bozak isn't a first line center, and he isn't a prototype third either, so really second is his sweet spot. Of course, that leaves a giant hole on the first line, but Grabo out can be replaced for that particular role.

Old
07-02-2012, 03:28 PM
ULF_55
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erza Scarlet View Post

Statsny, Roy, Getzlaf

Number #1 centers probably not on the block:

Malkin
Stamkos
Crosby
Lecavalier
Krecji, Seguin, Bergeron
Eric Staal, Jordan Staal
Toews
Duchene
Benn
Datsyuk, Zetteberg
Hopkins
Kopitar, Richards (maybe Carter)
Mikko Koivu
Zajac, Elias
Tavares
brad Richards
Spezza
Giroux
Thorton, Marleau, (maybe Couture)
Backes
H.Sedin, Kesler
Backstrom
Quote:
Grabo is a disposable piece to me, the prospect and pick, if this is the stumbling blocks are the parts that the Leafs will greatly have to evaluate. Bobby Ryan is a young man heading into the prime years of his career. So it's not like we are dealing for a player that is towards the end of their career. But yes, do agree the part that would bother me more is the propects rather than Grabo. But elite talents like Ryan do not come along often, if they are available, you think long and hard how to make it happen.
Yes, there aren't any centers so let's deal our best center.

Reason why wingers are available because they aren't as valuable.

Vaive and Ludzik on collapse, and Phaneuf.
Old
07-02-2012, 03:30 PM
JMcLeaf
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Just throwing this idea out there, not saying I want to do it. How would you feel if we traded Grabo + (I know what this "+" is a very important deciding factor) for Ryan then signed Olli Jokinen?

Lupul-Bozak-Kessel
JVR-Jokinen-Ryan

Old
07-02-2012, 03:30 PM
SteveV*

One thing I don't understand about our center problem, why the hell aren't we developing Kadri there? We need a talented center, his body type is such he will never be that effective on the wall, why aren't we developing to NEED? I'll never get it.

Old
07-02-2012, 03:34 PM
JMcLeaf
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Mark Masters ‏@markhmasters

Being told Parise will talk to reporters here in about 5 mins

Old
07-02-2012, 03:35 PM
Vexxed14

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMcLeaf View Post
Mark Masters ‏@markhmasters

Being told Parise will talk to reporters here in about 5 mins

Pens #bookit

Old
07-02-2012, 03:36 PM
shakes
Ancient Astronaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveV View Post
Wow, two personas, how pathetic!
You didn't answer the guys question. I saw that thread too. Are you just going to accuse everyone of being the same person on a post you actually made, or are you just going to say you changed your mind. I don't think anyone really cares when it comes down to it unless you take the aggressive approach.

Old
07-02-2012, 03:37 PM
Andrew Mack

Parise is probably going to say he needs more time to think it over. I hope not though.

Old
07-02-2012, 03:37 PM
Interactif

Quote:
Originally Posted by ULF_55 View Post
Yes, there aren't any centers so let's deal our best center.

Reason why wingers are available because they aren't as valuable.
I really struggle with why it is so hard for people to let go of a center that never scored more than 58 pts in a season.

For those that do not remember, last year despite our short run at the top of the league, we did it without Grabo's help, he was in one of his usual slumps.

Then towards the end of the year when we needed secondary scoring to make the playoffs, he was absent again.

A year prior when the Leafs had a very productive #2 line, Grabo's line. We were cemented in 29th in the league. We made a late season run when Kessel, Reimer and Phaneuf woke up and when we added a key player in Lupul.

So while I am truly amused that the love Grabo gets here, he is the most disposable, overrated player we have currently on the team. I will exclude Komi, since I think by now no one has any regard for him. Hopefully Bob Murray reads our board and thinks he is dealing for Malkin as opposed to Grabo the energizer bunny that could for parts of his career but could not for most.

Old
07-02-2012, 03:38 PM
JMcLeaf
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Mack View Post
Parise is probably going to say he needs more time to think it over. I hope not though.
Yeah this is what Im expecting

Old
07-02-2012, 03:39 PM
SteveV*

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakes View Post
You didn't answer the guys question. I saw that thread too. Are you just going to accuse everyone of being the same person on a post you actually made, or are you just going to say you changed your mind. I don't think anyone really cares when it comes down to it unless you take the aggressive approach.
Honestly dude, I forgot all about it, and I didn't even remember who the dude was (just in case anyone thought I planned on calling). Perhaps it's the private messages from man child here. Yawn. Yes I was wrong, but I'm ecstatic about our pick.

Old
07-02-2012, 03:41 PM
ULF_55
Global Moderator

Quote:
I really struggle with why it is so hard for people to let go of a center that never scored more than 58 pts in a season.

For those that do not remember, last year despite our short run at the top of the league, we did it without Grabo's help, he was in one of his usual slumps.

Then towards the end of the year when we needed secondary scoring to make the playoffs, he was absent again.

A year prior when the Leafs had a very productive #2 line, Grabo's line. We were cemented in 29th in the league. We made a late season run when Kessel, Reimer and Phaneuf woke up and when we added a key player in Lupul.

So while I am truly amused that the love Grabo gets here, he is the most disposable, overrated player we have currently on the team. I will exclude Komi, since I think by now no one has any regard for him. Hopefully Bob Murray reads our board and thinks he is dealing for Malkin as opposed to Grabo the energizer bunny that could for parts of his career but could not for most.
Rielly is highly expendable, and redundant, if anyone he should be the first asset used to acquire Ryan.

I'm not sure why it is so difficult to understand you need to have someone line up between wingers?

Old
07-02-2012, 03:41 PM
Leafs at Knight
Fire Burn the Ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleLeafs9 View Post
I found this tweet interesting:

Hockey Buzz Eklund ‏@Eklund
E5 RT @MattBrazil16: @Eklund Could you report that Toronto is trading Jake Gardiner? That way we can be 100% sure he's staying a leaf!

E5 as in he will be traded, or E5 he's 100% staying?
E5 as in Eklund is a plug, who the hell cares what he says .

Closed Thread