HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

11'/12' Offseason/Trades/Signings: Read here to see if it is already reported.| FA II

Closed Thread

Old
07-02-2012, 07:01 AM
rumman

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellor683 View Post
How bout Kessel, Connolly for Duchene.

Solves our problem.

JVR Duchene Lupul
Kadri Grabo Frattin
Kulemin Mcclement Macarthur
Komorov Steckel Brown
Av's wouldn't do that trade, but I would! I'd like to know if putting JVR in the middle is actually something the Leafs would do, or is it just wishful thinking of posters here?

Old
07-02-2012, 07:03 AM
ForSpareParts*
agreement

i don't know about big trade, but i said in an earlier post that there has to be people on the move in order to make room for McClement and the young pups.

as of now:

Lupul Bozak Kessel
JVR Grabo Kuli
Mac Connolly Frattin
Brown Steckel Komarov/Orr/Ashton

Gunn Dion
Liles Franson
Gardiner Komi
Holzer

where do the following players even fit in:

McClement, Kadri, Colborne, Lombardi, Deschamps

?????

in order for the leafs to compete they're going to have to rely on playing their younger players as well some of their serviceable players.

-if we can't move Connolly's contract Steckel will have to be moved.
-it seems like Kuli is holding up a position (in the way of Kadri and Frattin). it's too bad he played horrible last year. now the team will have to really think twice about him.
-hard to imagine Mac being moved. he can get you 20 plus goals per year and is cheap. but was Carter Ashton brought in to play a similar role?

the leafs can still offer futures in a trade. 2nd round picks can be a nice piece in any deal. i wouldn't hesitate on that. if our guy (a 1C) can only be had with a 1st, then i would ask for futures to come back in return.

big trade coming? we hope so. based on the log jam of players something will happen.

Old
07-02-2012, 07:03 AM
rumman

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtydion03 View Post
we have so many forwards. There's zero chance any of the young guys could make the roster starting day.. We need to move some forwards quickly, especially if they want to add more size.. That'd be more forwards.. So we need some kind of output of forwards somewhere..
bingo!

Old
07-02-2012, 07:05 AM
SprDaVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holymakinaw View Post
I could see one of Connolly or Lombardi waived. They really have zero trade value. But sending one down could open up enough cap space to make the big trade.

Lombardi waived, and then something like Kulemin, Kadri and our 2013 1st rounder for Ryan Getzlaf?
I think Connolly has a bit of value. I do agree about Lombardi though.

I would do that Getzlaf trade, I'm not sure Anaheim would.

Old
07-02-2012, 07:06 AM
dubplatepressure

Quote:
Originally Posted by hullsy47 View Post
right now its just a mess ..........i really think burke is screwed .......kessel or gardiner ,his only blue chip trading cards .........what a mess
Lol wtf? Did you prefer it 3 years ago when our best blue chipp'er was Juri Tlusty?

Time to give the old head a shakeroo.

Old
07-02-2012, 07:06 AM
rumman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundinisagod View Post
Even though it is just rumour at this point, how would you guys feel about signing Brodeur for 6m x 2 years? I'd be thrilled with it, not like the money would be spent on Parise or Suter instead...so why not 6 mil cap hit on the greatest goalie of all time, even if he's now 40.
I'd be OK with it, IF Burke can shed 2 of 3 salaries of Komi/Connelly/Lombardi, but I'd like the Leafs to focus on improving the size/skill of the forwards.

Old
07-02-2012, 07:16 AM
rumman

Quote:
Originally Posted by hullsy47 View Post
right now its just a mess ..........i really think burke is screwed .......kessel or gardiner ,his only blue chip trading cards .........what a mess
I agree, but IF Burke could swallow his pride, he COULD fix most of the Leafs problems. Moving the likes of Phaneuf and Kessel in separate packages could get 2 high end forwards with size/skill. Depth on defense makes Dion expendable, Kessel's a great sniper, but too 1 dimensional. Love to trade a package to the Cap's to obtain Laiche.

Old
07-02-2012, 07:17 AM
Auzzie19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForSpareParts View Post
i don't know about big trade, but i said in an earlier post that there has to be people on the move in order to make room for McClement and the young pups.

as of now:

Lupul Bozak Kessel
JVR Grabo Kuli
Mac Connolly Frattin
Brown Steckel Komarov/Orr/Ashton

Gunn Dion
Liles Franson
Gardiner Komi
Holzer

where do the following players even fit in:

McClement, Kadri, Colborne, Lombardi, Deschamps

?????

in order for the leafs to compete they're going to have to rely on playing their younger players as well some of their serviceable players.

-if we can't move Connolly's contract Steckel will have to be moved.
-it seems like Kuli is holding up a position (in the way of Kadri and Frattin). it's too bad he played horrible last year. now the team will have to really think twice about him.
-hard to imagine Mac being moved. he can get you 20 plus goals per year and is cheap. but was Carter Ashton brought in to play a similar role?

the leafs can still offer futures in a trade. 2nd round picks can be a nice piece in any deal. i wouldn't hesitate on that. if our guy (a 1C) can only be had with a 1st, then i would ask for futures to come back in return.

big trade coming? we hope so. based on the log jam of players something will happen.
Actually we still haven't signed Kuli or Franson

Old
07-02-2012, 07:35 AM
Turk Broda

I'm expecting more of "We were in on a few players, but not at the term they wanted, just didn't make sense for the team moving forward". And I'm good with that, this team is still a few years away. Hopefully Connelly gets moved (more likely at the trade deadline depending on how many games he survives), Lombardi isn't going anywhere unfortunately. He may spend a good portion of the season watching the games as a healthy scratch.

Old
07-02-2012, 07:51 AM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Turkelton we have still have some cards to play and I think we will know about it as soon as the big fish are caught.

07-02-2012, 07:52 AM
ForSpareParts*
agreement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auzzie19 View Post
Actually we still haven't signed Kuli or Franson
what is this? a comment? a discussion?

you come in and split hairs?

well yeah they haven't signed, but you know how things will play out. when was the last time burke failed to negotiate a contract with his RFAs?

they are included in my roster list because they are still leafs if you really want to get into it. until they are traded they are still with this organization New Jack.

Old
07-02-2012, 08:00 AM
dubplatepressure

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumman View Post
Av's wouldn't do that trade, but I would! I'd like to know if putting JVR in the middle is actually something the Leafs would do, or is it just wishful thinking of posters here?
And which of you would be the responsible one for throwing our franchise's best asset away if Duchene never regains his promised form and we end up with another quick 40-50 pt centre?

It's hard to comprehend a more ludicrous proposal than Kessel for Duchene right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumman
I agree, but IF Burke could swallow his pride, he COULD fix most of the Leafs problems. Moving the likes of Phaneuf and Kessel in separate packages could get 2 high end forwards with size/skill. Depth on defense makes Dion expendable, Kessel's a great sniper, but too 1 dimensional. Love to trade a package to the Cap's to obtain Laiche.
Because you think we should do something that you think he wont do, he's got to much pride to make the move?

Come on. Move Kessel?! We finally have a true sniper, a guy that can hit 40 without question, perfect for the top pairing, but we should move him now for the exact same player but with more size/skill? hahaha

Yah Dion's expendable - LOL.

You kids... I shouldn't take you so seriously I guess.

Old
07-02-2012, 08:07 AM
Pi

vCash: 100
Phaneuf is expendable

Go look at the advanced stats and you will see that Dion Phaneuf was one of our best defenseman at both ends of the ice and shut down the likes of Tavares, Malkin and Stamkos.

The Dion hate is seriously unwarranted. We see throughout the playoffs that good defense > elite offense and yet we want more flashy forwards.

All I want is a #1C or a guy like Krejci/Bergeron who can play that role without looking out of place, then I couldn't care less about getting another forward for another 5 years.

Defense wins Championships and now we finally have a coach that also understands that.

Old
07-02-2012, 08:10 AM
dubplatepressure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi View Post
Phaneuf is expendable

Go look at the advanced stats and you will see that Dion Phaneuf was one of our best defenseman at both ends of the ice and shut down the likes of Tavares, Malkin and Stamkos.

The Dion hate is seriously unwarranted. We see throughout the playoffs that good defense > elite offense and yet we want more flashy forwards.

All I want is a #1C or a guy like Krejci/Bergeron who can play that role without looking out of place, then I couldn't care less about getting another forward for another 5 years.

Defense wins Championships and now we finally have a coach that also understands that.
Unfortunately I think such things are of little consequence to the likes of him.

Old
07-02-2012, 08:13 AM
ForSpareParts*
agreement

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubplatepressure View Post
And which of you would be the responsible one for throwing our franchise's best asset away if Duchene never regains his promised form and we end up with another quick 40-50 pt centre?

It's hard to comprehend a more ludicrous proposal than Kessel for Duchene right now.

Because you think we should do something that you think he wont do, he's got to much pride to make the move?

Come on. Move Kessel?! We finally have a true sniper, a guy that can hit 40 without question, perfect for the top pairing, but we should move him now for the exact same player but with more size/skill? hahaha

Yah Dion's expendable - LOL.

You kids... I shouldn't take you so seriously I guess.
with all due respect...

Nonis himself said "I don't believe in the idea of certain players being 'untouchable'. if it makes our team better we will move almost anyone."

Instead of Kessel maybe move Lupul. Mitchell is now the Av's 3rd line center, and Duchene seems to be falling in the Avs' depth chart. who would replace Lupul? maybe JVR. i think the leafs are a little more comfortable at the left wing position in terms of their depth.

Old
07-02-2012, 08:15 AM
ForzaItalia

Quote:
Originally Posted by SprDaVE View Post
I think Connolly has a bit of value. I do agree about Lombardi though.

I would do that Getzlaf trade, I'm not sure Anaheim would.
Anaheim wouldn't.

Old
07-02-2012, 08:19 AM
stanleyorbust

Id love to get Stastny but with Duchense having a horrible season in 11-12, and Colorado gearing up this,offseason I wonder just how available he is.

Due to his salary maybe a deal around Kuli, Blacker, and a pick can be worked out. We all know Kuli will bounce back to 20-30 goals.. And I think Col would love his game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreakmur View Post
Still think Paul Stastny makes the most sense for an established 1st liner. Colorado has 3 excellent centers, so they can spare one with good return.

They definately need some skill on the blueline. Outside of Erik Johnson, who is an RFA, they have a bunch of puck-handling gimps. Their signings of Zanon and O'Brien were really confusing to me.

They could also use a top-9 winger as well as a top-9 center.

Carl Gunnarsson, Clarke MacArthur, and Tyler Bozak for Paul Stastny and Ryan O'Byrne might work. Maybe swap Kulemin in for MacArthur.

Old
07-02-2012, 08:23 AM
dubplatepressure

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForSpareParts View Post
with all due respect...

Nonis himself said "I don't believe in the idea of certain players being 'untouchable'. if it makes our team better we will move almost anyone."

Instead of Kessel maybe move Lupul. Mitchell is now the Av's 3rd line center, and Duchene seems to be falling in the Avs' depth chart. who would replace Lupul? maybe JVR. i think the leafs are a little more comfortable at the left wing position in terms of their depth.

And with all due respect, saying "I don't believe in the idea of certain players being 'untouchable'. if it makes our team better we will move almost anyone" and being expendable are still miles apart from eachother.

Old
07-02-2012, 08:27 AM
dubplatepressure

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanleyorbust View Post
Id love to get Stastny but with Duchense having a horrible season in 11-12, and Colorado gearing up this,offseason I wonder just how available he is.

Due to his salary maybe a deal around Kuli, Blacker, and a pick can be worked out. We all know Kuli will bounce back to 20-30 goals.. And I think Col would love his game.
Highly doubt he is. Colorado's forward contingency is basically already set - they have 12 forwards under contract who are all penciled as big-club ready - they aren't in a position to be absorbing more 2nd line talent. Maybe in January or February if they're bottom-feeders they'll consider moving some pieces, until then - nada.

Old
07-02-2012, 08:31 AM
Dreakmur

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanleyorbust View Post

Much rather ship out roster players than pospects or picks. We need to clear out a few of our former top-9 forwards to make room.

Bozak and/or Connolly need to go to make room for a real #1 center. MacArthur or Kulemin need to go to make room for Kadri

Old
07-02-2012, 08:32 AM
SnipeCheeseAllDay

Is Duchene available? What about Evander Kane?

They would look real good in our lineup...

Old
07-02-2012, 08:34 AM
samwitch

So Frattin may not be ready for camp. What a dumb way to get injured lol...

Old
07-02-2012, 08:34 AM
dubplatepressure

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnipeCheeseAllDay View Post
Is Duchene available? What about Evander Kane?

They would look real good in our lineup...
Duchene - no.

Kane - perhaps, but the asking price is likely Kadri & Gardiner +

Old
07-02-2012, 08:35 AM
Dreakmur

Quote:
Highly doubt he is. Colorado's forward contingency is basically already set - they have 12 forwards under contract who are all penciled as big-club ready - they aren't in a position to be absorbing more 2nd line talent. Maybe in January or February if they're bottom-feeders they'll consider moving some pieces, until then - nada.
They actually would benefit from another top-9 winger.

Landeskog, Jones, Parenteau, Downie, and Hejduk are their top-5. After that, it's a bg drop to Kobasew. Even Hejduk is starting to fall off.

Old
07-02-2012, 08:37 AM
SnipeCheeseAllDay

Quote:
Duchene - no.

Kane - perhaps, but the asking price is likely Kadri & Gardiner +
Kadri + Colborne + MacArthur + Percy?

That's technically 3 1st rounders; our top 2 forward prospects and one of our best D prospects.

Closed Thread