HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

11'/12' Offseason/Trades/Signings: Read here to see if it is already reported.| FA II

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-02-2012, 09:56 AM
  #101
Hurt
Moderator
 
Hurt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,787
vCash: 500
Radulov to KHL? That was a long return.

I think the whole Marty hitting UFA was just a show. He was going to retire a Devil.

__________________
Shoot me a PM with your concerns. Also, come visit us in the Science Forum!
Hurt is offline  
Old
07-02-2012, 09:57 AM
  #102
Neil Hamburger
Five Bagger!
 
Neil Hamburger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,473
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interactif View Post
The word is Bobby Ryan, what the Leafs will have to give up for him is the question, probably Grabo for starter who I would have no problems including in a package, picks(not crazy of giving up, but for Ryan, can live with)one of our A prospects.

We will wait and see how Burke pulls this one off.
Grabo has a modified NTC (not sure of the parameters). Also, we just signed him to a 5-year deal 3 months ago, not a good idea to trade him so soon after that.

Also, heading into next season with Bozak and Connolly as our top two centres is not a very smart plan... I'm all for getting Ryan, but not if we trade our only legitimate top-6 centre.

Neil Hamburger is offline  
Old
07-02-2012, 09:58 AM
  #103
The Mentalist
2016 Clayton Keller
 
The Mentalist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: North York
Country: Canada
Posts: 38,062
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinto View Post
Who's word?

Edit: Just saw Marek's comment.
Shannon, but we already know Burke has said he would most likely improve this team via trade, Luongo is the other, depending on Gillis demands. Bot going to happen thru UFA. Unrealistic prices, plus only 2 players worth going after.

JVR was the 1st shoe to drop, maybe 1 or 2 more.

The Mentalist is offline  
Old
07-02-2012, 10:00 AM
  #104
rumman
Registered User
 
rumman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 2,237
vCash: 500
Love to see Ryan in a Leaf jersey, but it won't come cheap, nor should it.

rumman is offline  
Old
07-02-2012, 10:01 AM
  #105
ULF_55
Global Moderator
 
ULF_55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Mountain Standard Ti
Posts: 59,454
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockinz View Post
i'd like to see a good hockey trade!

TOR: Couture + Murray
SJ: Gardiner + Kulemin + Bozak

Hate giving up Gards but IMO Couture is a budding superstar and would be amazing between Lupul and Kessel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubplatepressure View Post
They won't send him for Nash, I doubt they'd send him for Gardiner.
Yes, Gardiner is going no where.

Kadri doesn't have the same value, but if you want to add a prospect he wouldn't be missed.

__________________
http://kuklaskorner.com/index.php/ps...e_corsi_issues

Desjardins estimates that about 40% of the game is captured by Corsi analysis.

Babs - short for Barbara
ULF_55 is offline  
Old
07-02-2012, 10:01 AM
  #106
The Mentalist
2016 Clayton Keller
 
The Mentalist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: North York
Country: Canada
Posts: 38,062
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobloblawLeaf View Post
Grabo has a modified NTC (not sure of the parameters). Also, we just signed him to a 5-year deal 3 months ago, not a good idea to trade him so soon after that.

Also, heading into next season with Bozak and Connolly as our top two centres is not a very smart plan... I'm all for getting Ryan, but not if we trade our only legitimate top-6 centre.
Go back to the trade deadline and the names that were bantied about. Burke had deals in place, people he could have traded. Schenn was one of them. He has a tendency to revisit deals. Grabo, Schenn, Mac, Reimer and Kule were all part of the names mentioned.

Besides Burke loves trading Russian players, though Grabo is technically a Belurussian.

The Mentalist is offline  
Old
07-02-2012, 10:05 AM
  #107
CerebralDevil
Registered User
 
CerebralDevil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,564
vCash: 500
Colorado needs to hit the cap floor, they also need some D. My proposal would be:

Col: Komiserak, Connolley, 3rd

Tor: Duchesne

This helps both teams get what they need moving forward.

Burke will then turn around and trade with Ana

Ana: Mac, Bozak, 2nd

Tor: Ryan

Anaheim gets a young centre and a back to back 30 goal scoring winger in MaC, Burke gets his man Ryan

Lupal-Duch-Kess
Ryan-Grab-JVR
Kule-Kadr/Col-Frattin
Brown-McClem-Komarov/Steckel

Steckel will be the odd man out possible trade to someone, Lombo will be traded for a low draft pick

Phan-Gunner
Gard-Holzer
Liles-Franson
Blacker,Fraser

Reimer
Scrivens
Burke will get some vet goalie as a possibility

Thats how it goes down lol

CerebralDevil is offline  
Old
07-02-2012, 10:05 AM
  #108
Pyromaniac3
Registered User
 
Pyromaniac3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: India
Posts: 4,149
vCash: 500
Hedgerg's gone.

Quote:
Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger

As per release, Hedberg agrees to 2 year deal with Devils. Includes full no-trade clause.

Pyromaniac3 is offline  
Old
07-02-2012, 10:08 AM
  #109
Pinto
Burn Them All
 
Pinto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Hagersville, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,360
vCash: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyromaniac3 View Post
Hedgerg's gone.
Full NTC for a back-up?

Pinto is offline  
Old
07-02-2012, 10:08 AM
  #110
rumman
Registered User
 
rumman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 2,237
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by devilishleafs View Post
Colorado needs to hit the cap floor, they also need some D. My proposal would be:

Col: Komiserak, Connolley, 3rd

Tor: Duchesne

This helps both teams get what they need moving forward.

Burke will then turn around and trade with Ana

Ana: Mac, Bozak, 2nd

Tor: Ryan

Anaheim gets a young centre and a back to back 30 goal scoring winger in MaC, Burke gets his man Ryan

Lupal-Duch-Kess
Ryan-Grab-JVR
Kule-Kadr/Col-Frattin
Brown-McClem-Komarov/Steckel

Steckel will be the odd man out possible trade to someone, Lombo will be traded for a low draft pick

Phan-Gunner
Gard-Holzer
Liles-Franson
Blacker,Fraser

Reimer
Scrivens
Burke will get some vet goalie as a possibility

Thats how it goes down lol
Oh dear, never happen.

rumman is offline  
Old
07-02-2012, 10:09 AM
  #111
John-Eric Iannicello
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,415
vCash: 500
Wonder what it would take to acquire someone like Jay Bouwmeester from Calgary. He's making a lot of money - no doubt, but if they can make a 'Phaneuf' type deal involving a Komisarek and Lombardi that would be excellent. Only has 2 years left on his deal IIRC. With the addition of Wideman, I wonder if they find him expendable if they can fill holes in other areas. I don't think they have a ton of center depth, and Lombardi has had success there before.

John-Eric Iannicello is offline  
Old
07-02-2012, 10:09 AM
  #112
CerebralDevil
Registered User
 
CerebralDevil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,564
vCash: 500
why not Clorado needs to raise the cap floor

CerebralDevil is offline  
Old
07-02-2012, 10:11 AM
  #113
ErnieLeafs
LOVE & LIVE the Game
 
ErnieLeafs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Windsor, Ont.
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,586
vCash: 500
Grabo isn't going anywhere at this point. His name was blatantly thrown around to be used as leverage. It let him and his agent know, that if they didn't negotiate reasonably, he would have to leave the city he loves playing in.

I could see Kulemin in a deal, but only if negotiations REALLY break down. I expect he and his agent aren't going to be able to have much to stand on, with his performance last season, so we'll probably bring him back at a bargain rate, for a bounce-back year.

Mac.... I could live with him moving on in a package for someone.

ErnieLeafs is offline  
Old
07-02-2012, 10:12 AM
  #114
Neil Hamburger
Five Bagger!
 
Neil Hamburger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,473
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by devilishleafs View Post
why not Clorado needs to raise the cap floor
You're either a pathetic troll... or you need help.

Neil Hamburger is offline  
Old
07-02-2012, 10:13 AM
  #115
The Mentalist
2016 Clayton Keller
 
The Mentalist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: North York
Country: Canada
Posts: 38,062
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErnieLeafs View Post
Grabo isn't going anywhere at this point. His name was blatantly thrown around to be used as leverage. It let him and his agent know, that if they didn't negotiate reasonably, he would have to leave the city he loves playing in.

I could see Kulemin in a deal, but only if negotiations REALLY break down. I expect he and his agent aren't going to be able to have much to stand on, with his performance last season, so we'll probably bring him back at a bargain rate, for a bounce-back year.

Mac.... I could live with him moving on in a package for someone.
I disagree, he and Kule are the most logical players of worth off the roster that will fetch a player of quality. You can't trade a Chevy and get a Lexus back.

The Mentalist is offline  
Old
07-02-2012, 10:13 AM
  #116
Neil Hamburger
Five Bagger!
 
Neil Hamburger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,473
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interactif View Post
Go back to the trade deadline and the names that were bantied about. Burke had deals in place, people he could have traded. Schenn was one of them. He has a tendency to revisit deals. Grabo, Schenn, Mac, Reimer and Kule were all part of the names mentioned.

Besides Burke loves trading Russian players, though Grabo is technically a Belurussian.
The trade deadline was before Grabo resigned for 5 years with a NTC.

Neil Hamburger is offline  
Old
07-02-2012, 10:14 AM
  #117
ErnieLeafs
LOVE & LIVE the Game
 
ErnieLeafs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Windsor, Ont.
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,586
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by devilishleafs View Post
why not Clorado needs to raise the cap floor
Please... DO NOT suggest anything like that on the main board, unless you want to get bombarded.

Connolly + Komi + 3rd = Duchene?

Cap floor or not, their GM isn a meth addict.

Same goes for the Bobby Ryan trade... Lol

ErnieLeafs is offline  
Old
07-02-2012, 10:14 AM
  #118
Pyromaniac3
Registered User
 
Pyromaniac3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: India
Posts: 4,149
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinto View Post
Full NTC for a back-up?
I know right? I think Hedberg might retire at the end of contract and he just doesn't want to move before that.

Pyromaniac3 is offline  
Old
07-02-2012, 10:15 AM
  #119
The Mentalist
2016 Clayton Keller
 
The Mentalist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: North York
Country: Canada
Posts: 38,062
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobloblawLeaf View Post
The trade deadline was before Grabo resigned for 5 years with a NTC.
Burke never hands out NTC, he does however hand out Modified NTC's.

The Mentalist is offline  
Old
07-02-2012, 10:15 AM
  #120
Phion Keneuf
Bang Bang
 
Phion Keneuf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Vaughan, Ontario
Country: Italy
Posts: 29,264
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by devilishleafs View Post
Colorado needs to hit the cap floor, they also need some D. My proposal would be:

Col: Komiserak, Connolley, 3rd

Tor: Duchesne

This helps both teams get what they need moving forward.

Burke will then turn around and trade with Ana

Ana: Mac, Bozak, 2nd

Tor: Ryan

Anaheim gets a young centre and a back to back 30 goal scoring winger in MaC, Burke gets his man Ryan

Lupal-Duch-Kess
Ryan-Grab-JVR
Kule-Kadr/Col-Frattin
Brown-McClem-Komarov/Steckel

Steckel will be the odd man out possible trade to someone, Lombo will be traded for a low draft pick

Phan-Gunner
Gard-Holzer
Liles-Franson
Blacker,Fraser

Reimer
Scrivens
Burke will get some vet goalie as a possibility

Thats how it goes down lol
Hahahahaha

In what world is Mac a back-to-back 30 goal scorer?

Phion Keneuf is online now  
Old
07-02-2012, 10:15 AM
  #121
Neil Hamburger
Five Bagger!
 
Neil Hamburger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,473
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interactif View Post
I disagree, he and Kule are the most logical players of worth off the roster that will fetch a player of quality. You can't trade a Chevy and get a Lexus back.
We don't need another "Lexus" on wing. Kessel, Lupul, JVR, Kulemin, Macarthur, Frattin are all quality wingers. If we're trading pieces like those it will be for a center, or a Goalie.

Neil Hamburger is offline  
Old
07-02-2012, 10:16 AM
  #122
The Mentalist
2016 Clayton Keller
 
The Mentalist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: North York
Country: Canada
Posts: 38,062
vCash: 500
I will say this, the Leafs being interested in Ryan is no different than the Leafs interested in Van Reimsdyk. We have heard these 2 names for over a year now. Can Burke pull it off, maybe, yes, probably.

The Mentalist is offline  
Old
07-02-2012, 10:17 AM
  #123
Hurt
Moderator
 
Hurt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,787
vCash: 500
The Arms Race of the East.

Hurt is offline  
Old
07-02-2012, 10:18 AM
  #124
The Mentalist
2016 Clayton Keller
 
The Mentalist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: North York
Country: Canada
Posts: 38,062
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobloblawLeaf View Post
We don't need another "Lexus" on wing. Kessel, Lupul, JVR, Kulemin, Macarthur, Frattin are all quality wingers. If we're trading pieces like those it will be for a center, or a Goalie.
Insane, a team that doesn't need a Ryan would be a team that is super stacked. You don't turn away a talent like this because you have Kessel and Lupul. Plus Ryan can play C, if the Leafs want to try him there.

The Mentalist is offline  
Old
07-02-2012, 10:18 AM
  #125
CerebralDevil
Registered User
 
CerebralDevil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,564
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobloblawLeaf View Post
You're either a pathetic troll... or you need help.
excuse me no need for that! I know Colorado needs to raise the cap floor bigtime and sending some defensive help with $$$ contract and a centre with $$$ helps them out money wise. Connolley and Komi need to go and did nothing here but we said the same for Giggy and he went to Colorado and became a stud again. So why would it be such a pathetic troll thing to put up this post?!! Duchesne may cost more but it was a suggestion dude!

As for Ryan we will have to give up either Mac, Kule, Bozak is a possibilty, plus prosects and picks

CerebralDevil is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:55 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.