HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

11'/12' Offseason/Trades/Signings: Read here to see if it is already reported.| FA II

Closed Thread

Old
07-02-2012, 11:20 AM
GermanLeaf

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interactif View Post
I disagree, he and Kule are the most logical players of worth off the roster that will fetch a player of quality. You can't trade a Chevy and get a Lexus back.
With all the talk of getting bigger upfront, how is Kule the most logical player to be traded? The contract negotiations might become difficult, that's right. But you focus on the player's nationality to much(once again).

Old
07-02-2012, 11:20 AM
ErnieLeafs
LOVE & LIVE the Game

Quote:
I disagree, he and Kule are the most logical players of worth off the roster that will fetch a player of quality. You can't trade a Chevy and get a Lexus back.
Kulemin's value is at an all-time LOW. It's absolutely not logical to trade him at this point. This is where you sign the guy for a bargain, and hope he bounces back. He raises his value that way, AND he would be producing on a lower-than-market contract at that. Trading him would be better in that circumstance than this one.

It's also completely illogical to trade a guy you just made a 5-year commitment to. He's a guy that brings skill, heart, energy, and speed every night.

Burke isn't Holmgren. That's how your city gets blacklisted. Sign a guy long-term, then trade him somewhere else. Eventually, that catches up to you.

Old
07-02-2012, 11:22 AM
CerebralDevil

Mac was a back to back 20 goal scorer, sorry for the mistake.

Old
Tony Clifton Leaf
A Mouthful

Quote:
Insane, a team that doesn't need a Ryan would be a team that is super stacked. You don't turn away a talent like this because you have Kessel and Lupul. Plus Ryan can play C, if the Leafs want to try him there.
Our team is stacked on wing... Kessel, Lupul, JVR, Kulie, Macarthur, Frattin are all top-6 wingers (Frattin is debatable, but I think he breaks out for 20 + goals next year).

If we are trading for Ryan we will have to give up Grabo; it makes no sense for a team with a very good wing corps, and no high-end talent at C to trade their best C +++ for a winger.

Old
Interactif
Opinionist

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanLeaf View Post
With all the talk of getting bigger upfront, how is Kule the most logical player to be traded? The contract negotiations might become difficult, that's right. But you focus on the player's nationality to much(once again).
Ryan is better, he is an elite talent, Kule is not. But Kule is a player that has value. Simple as that. Plus you can't underestimate the RFA contract hassle might play into this. He was a 30 goal scorer once. Those do carry value.

Old
dubplatepressure

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilishleafs View Post
excuse me no need for that! I know Colorado needs to raise the cap floor bigtime and sending some defensive help with $$$ contract and a centre with $$$ helps them out money wise. Connolley and Komi need to go and did nothing here but we said the same for Giggy and he went to Colorado and became a stud again. So why would it be such a pathetic troll thing to put up this post?!! Duchesne may cost more but it was a suggestion dude!

As for Ryan we will have to give up either Mac, Kule, Bozak is a possibilty, plus prosects and picks
I'll play nice.

Why does Colorado was our grossly overpaid 7th D and our grossly overpaid 3rd line C for their top prospect and future franchise C in Duchene?

It's probably the most one-sided, ridiculous, asinine, illogical and incomprehensible proposal any leaf fan has made since the offseason started.

You might as well just offer Holzer + Mike Brown for Sidney Crosby.

Old
07-02-2012, 11:25 AM
Interactif
Opinionist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErnieLeafs View Post
Kulemin's value is at an all-time LOW. It's absolutely not logical to trade him at this point. This is where you sign the guy for a bargain, and hope he bounces back. He raises his value that way, AND he would be producing on a lower-than-market contract at that. Trading him would be better in that circumstance than this one.

It's also completely illogical to trade a guy you just made a 5-year commitment to. He's a guy that brings skill, heart, energy, and speed every night.

Burke isn't Holmgren. That's how your city gets blacklisted. Sign a guy long-term, then trade him somewhere else. Eventually, that catches up to you.
Maybe, but if a team sees fit that he is closer to the 30 goal Kule than the 7 goal Kule, as Lucic proved when he bounced back 2 years ago. Then a team may bite. I would not automatically assume Kule's value is as low as most think. He is a viable asset as evidenced by the first we could have gotten for him at the deadline in Burke's presser. Same for Grabo.

Old
07-02-2012, 11:26 AM
ErnieLeafs
LOVE & LIVE the Game

Quote:
Ryan is better, he is an elite talent, Kule is not. But Kule is a player that has value. Simple as that. Plus you can't underestimate the RFA contract hassle might play into this. He was a 30 goal scorer once. Those do carry value.
The absolute lowest value of his career, actually. You don't have a year like Kulemin had last year, and retain you 30-goal value from the year before.

Old
07-02-2012, 11:27 AM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Quote:
excuse me no need for that! I know Colorado needs to raise the cap floor bigtime and sending some defensive help with $$$ contract and a centre with $$$ helps them out money wise. Connolley and Komi need to go and did nothing here but we said the same for Giggy and he went to Colorado and became a stud again. So why would it be such a pathetic troll thing to put up this post?!! Duchesne may cost more but it was a suggestion dude!

As for Ryan we will have to give up either Mac, Kule, Bozak is a possibilty, plus prosects and picks
No we don't, we have 48.5mil in payroll already without O'Reilly, EJ and McGinn (those three should add 10mil to our cap) signed, we are still after Semin and we are still looking for someone to play with EJ (Carle is a possibility).

Old
07-02-2012, 11:29 AM
GermanLeaf

Quote:
Of course Ryan is the better player, but Kule's value is at an all-time low and is not worth enough to be traded right now

Old
07-02-2012, 11:29 AM
CerebralDevil

Well looking at the salries being bounced around right now for D-men Komi's contract doesnt look as bad as we all thought when he signed here at this time. Colorado needs D-men with size to play in the west, the change would do good, and it helps with the cap floor. Connolley is the 3rd centre there and depth guy that can help with PK and playing man to man against the big centers in the west, his speed helps. Adding maybe a prospect or pick can give it that push to pull the trigger on the deal. Now who or what goes along is debatable. Duchesne I think is expendable, and they probably want to get something for him while the going is good.

Old
07-02-2012, 11:30 AM
Interactif
Opinionist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErnieLeafs View Post
The absolute lowest value of his career, actually. You don't have a year like Kulemin had last year, and retain you 30-goal value from the year before.
Yet, he was one player that could have gotten a first rd pick at the deadline, someone values Kule. You are not going to get 2 firsts and 2nd for him, he's not in Evander Kane's league. The value is there for a 24-25 year old player who scored 30 goals only 2 seasons ago.

Old
07-02-2012, 11:31 AM
ErnieLeafs
LOVE & LIVE the Game

Quote:
Maybe, but if a team sees fit that he is closer to the 30 goal Kule than the 7 goal Kule, as Lucic proved when he bounced back 2 years ago. Then a team may bite. I would not automatically assume Kule's value is as low as most think. He is a viable asset as evidenced by the first we could have gotten for him at the deadline in Burke's presser. Same for Grabo.
That's why you re-sign, and let him figure it out this year. No GM is going to disregard the 7-goal Kulemin, and hope it turns out well. If he plays well this year, and his numbers improve, that season looks like an anomoly, and his valu goes back up.

Right now, we couldn't replace him. Internally, there's no one ready to step into such an important role, and there's nobody on the FA market that even competes with him for that role.

Old
07-02-2012, 11:32 AM
nuck
Axis of Evil

Quote:
Insane, a team that doesn't need a Ryan would be a team that is super stacked. You don't turn away a talent like this because you have Kessel and Lupul. Plus Ryan can play C, if the Leafs want to try him there.
It isn't an issue of whether he improves the club, just that if a center going the other way is required they are screwed. And he may have played center in the O but he can't actually play it in the NHL. He has never done it and his 29% FO rate says don't rely on it.

I like the guy, but not for Kessel, they don't want Lupul, and the Leafs can't afford Grabo. If the deal can be done for prospects/picks/or D men sure, but I doubt the club can outbid the Flyers. Kadri/Kulemen/Scrivens/next year's 1st? + Ross or Percy?
Is this just my homer glasses and spare parts or enough that it would be considered?
And if it has real value, is there a centre they might get for the same assets?

Old
07-02-2012, 11:34 AM
Interactif
Opinionist

Quote:
Of course Ryan is the better player, but Kule's value is at an all-time low and is not worth enough to be traded right now
That's up to Murray really, and no one knows how much he would value Kule or Grabo. But having a 2nd line to offset Getzlaf and Perry without Selanne and Koivu there anymore may be enticing enough. I actually posted to this months ago at the deadline. I'm way ahead of the ballgame on this one.

Old
GermanLeaf

Quote:
Yet, he was one player that could have gotten a first rd pick at the deadline, someone values Kule. You are not going to get 2 firsts and 2nd for him, he's not in Evander Kane's league. The value is there for a 24-25 year old player who scored 30 goals only 2 seasons ago.
Which is why it wouldn't be wise to trade him right now, Kulemin's normal value is higher than a late first, lad.

Last edited by GermanLeaf: 07-02-2012 at 11:44 AM.
Old
Avs44

vCash: 50
Quote:
Colorado needs to hit the cap floor, they also need some D. My proposal would be:

Col: Komiserak, Connolley, 3rd

Tor: Duchesne

I've seen some really bad proposals on this site....but congrats sir. This is the worst I have ever seen, and probably will remain the worst....unbelievable.

Old
Interactif
Opinionist

Quote:
Which is why it wouldn't be wise to trade him right now, Kulemin's normal value is a lot higher than a late first, lad.
Wait too long and you may miss your bus.

Old
07-02-2012, 11:35 AM
ErnieLeafs
LOVE & LIVE the Game

Quote:
He's worth more to this club than a 1st round pick.

Trading a guy that brings what he does, on a team that is lacking size up front, for a 1st round pick, would be a backwards move.

Old
07-02-2012, 11:35 AM
Spazmatic Dan
Force Beyond Measure

Well with Hedberg gone back to Jersey, I have to wonder if Burke is thinking trade or Reimer/Scrivens.

Goaltending is looking like it could be interesting next year again.

Old
07-02-2012, 11:37 AM
ULF_55
Global Moderator

Quote:
The word is Bobby Ryan, what the Leafs will have to give up for him is the question, probably Grabo for starter who I would have no problems including in a package, picks(not crazy of giving up, but for Ryan, can live with)one of our A prospects.

We will wait and see how Burke pulls this one off.
Leafs are weak down the middle, with Grabovski being their top center.

People should stop with the Player X was a center in junior 5 years ago scenarios. Leafs wouldn't be trading for Ryan because he might have played there at one time, he'd be traded for because he's a solid winger.

I'm not sure what it is about not wanting to have centers on this team? Richards, Kopitar, Bergeron, Krejci, Toews, Sharp, Crosby, Malkin, Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Bozak, Connolly, ... really?

Desjardins estimates that about 40% of the game is captured by Corsi analysis.
Old
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs44 View Post

I've seen some really bad proposals on this site....but congrats sir. This is the worst I have ever seen, and probably will remain the worst....unbelievable.
Haha I agree

Something like Lupul + Bozak is fair value if Lupul can repeat this year (he will imo).

Old
ErnieLeafs
LOVE & LIVE the Game

Quote:
That's up to Murray really, and no one knows how much he would value Kule or Grabo. But having a 2nd line to offset Getzlaf and Perry without Selanne and Koivu there anymore may be enticing enough. I actually posted to this months ago at the deadline. I'm way ahead of the ballgame on this one.
Neither of those names are rumoured in any ficticious deal.

Old
07-02-2012, 11:38 AM
Interactif
Opinionist

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuck View Post
It isn't an issue of whether he improves the club, just that if a center going the other way is required they are screwed. And he may have played center in the O but he can't actually play it in the NHL. He has never done it and his 29% FO rate says don't rely on it.

I like the guy, but not for Kessel, they don't want Lupul, and the Leafs can't afford Grabo. If the deal can be done for prospects/picks/or D men sure, but I doubt the club can outbid the Flyers. Kadri/Kulemen/Scrivens/next year's 1st? + Ross or Percy?
Is this just my homer glasses and spare parts or enough that it would be considered?
And if it has real value, is there a centre they might get for the same assets?
I hear all you guys, but if an elite talent is availble like Ryan, you simply do not turn your head and bury it in the sand, we already spent a month on the drafting a center debate, but as I told you guys, Burke will take the BPA, Rielly. He will get the best talent and rework it later. That's what GM's should do, trade from a position of strength. Why we could deal Schenn for JVR.

Old
07-02-2012, 11:39 AM
CerebralDevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan13 View Post
No we don't, we have 48.5mil in payroll already without O'Reilly, EJ and McGinn (those three should add 10mil to our cap) signed, we are still after Semin and we are still looking for someone to play with EJ (Carle is a possibility).
Those names are not gonna sign in Colorado. You want to put names in that are not there to raise your cap floor but you cant. O'Reilly,McGinn will not make over $3 million each sorry thats the reality there. EJ is the only one that will get somewhere between $3-4(max) million/yr the others you are looking at the max $2miliion/yr if Col pays anymore than that, then thats just crazy.

Closed Thread