HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Free Agent Frenzy 2012 - ALL NON-RANGER UFA TALK AND SIGNINGS HERE! (PART III)

Closed Thread

Old
07-02-2012, 01:36 PM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

vCash: 500
The only way you could deal Stepan for Ryan is if you had a concrete plan on how to acquire either a very good 1-2 year stop gap until Miller might be ready or a plan to acquire another young/in his prime second line center.

I'm totally against Nash, and I badly want Ryan. Ryan is a MUCH better value than Nash, but you simply can't deal Stepan for him.

Old
07-02-2012, 01:36 PM
mti79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stugots View Post
If we trade Stepan for a goal-scorer, then we are losing a play-maker to set up that goal-scorer. If we don't make any trades then we continue to need another guy who can put the puck in the net. This is a frustrating situation.
There are a couple of guys on the market still that have shown the ability to put the puck in the net...

Alexander Semin: 20-40 goals. Questionable fit into the Rangers locker room, possible work ethic issues and no idea how much or how long he wants in a deal. No questions about his ability to bury the puck though.

Petr Sykora: 20+ goals every season in the NHL. Made $650K last year and could probably be had for an Asham-like contract.

Peter Mueller: Showed he had a scoring touch early, but has dealt with injuries lately. Big injury question mark, especially with Gaborik out to start the season.

Shane Doan: Guy can produce 20-30 goals and I think would bring great vetern leadership to a young team. Question is if he wants to leave Phoenix, and if he'd consider a move to NY.

Jaromir Jagr: Yes he's old, but the guy showed he could still play. However, if the report is that he wants $4Million this year, then it's a huge huge pass from me.

Olli Jokinen: Again, I'm not saying I would like him but the guy puts up 50+ points. Depending on dollars/terms, may be worth a look, but I don't want him back.

Oh, and of course Zach Parise, but I don't think he wants to come here and I don't think I want to pay him what he's going to get.

Old
07-02-2012, 01:37 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJRangers35 View Post
Now being reported Blackhawks Definitly in on Parise and it could be down to them and devils. Unreal
Where is your source, my friend?

Old
Stugots
Kolo, Kolo Kolo!

Quote:
Now being reported Blackhawks Definitly in on Parise and it could be down to them and devils. Unreal
As much as I hate to see Devil fans have any joy, I would probably prefer Parise re-signs with them. If he went to Pittsburgh that'd be a nightmare. If he goes to a Western Conference team, then I would be ecstatic.

Old
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
Food for thought:

Bobby Ryan did not play regularly in the NHL until 22. @ the age of 22 he put up 57 points in 64 games.

Derek Stepan @ the age of 21, playing a position requiring more defensive awareness than wing, scored 51 points in 82 games as a 21 year old.

I would not deal Stepan for either Ryan or Nash. Not happening.
So basically 73 points for Ryan as a 22 year old on a full season projection vs. 51 points for Stepan in a full season as a 21 year old playing in a more responsible position.

Old
07-02-2012, 01:38 PM
Jackpot
Registered Abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Doh.
Yep....Doubt we consider moving Stepan. Think they would buy our story about Anisimov being a true number 2 on just about any other team?

Old
07-02-2012, 01:39 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Sting View Post
The only way you could deal Stepan for Ryan is if you had a concrete plan on how to acquire either a very good 1-2 year stop gap until Miller might be ready or a plan to acquire another young/in his prime second line center.

I'm totally against Nash, and I badly want Ryan. Ryan is a MUCH better value than Nash, but you simply can't deal Stepan for him.
How about Stepan for Ryan, Dubinsky for Derek Roy?

Old
07-02-2012, 01:40 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
Food for thought:

Bobby Ryan did not play regularly in the NHL until 22. @ the age of 22 he put up 57 points in 64 games.

Derek Stepan @ the age of 21, playing a position requiring more defensive awareness than wing, scored 51 points in 82 games as a 21 year old.

I would not deal Stepan for either Ryan or Nash. Not happening.
I'm not saying deal Stepan for Ryan but your stats there show Ryan put up more points in far fewer games only being 1 year older. That wasn't a full season for Ryan.

Legend23

Quote:
Originally Posted by FATCHAMALA11 View Post
Christ is Stepan overrated. Ryan is twice the player.
I was just thinking the same thing. Stepan took a huge step backward the second half of last year. I know he was moved from the top line but I dont see him as more than a second line player and it seems alot of people on here see him as untouchable.
Both him and Anisimove are very inconsistent and can be traded in my opinion for the right player(s).

Old
Ave Maria
New Season New Dream

Send a message via Skype™ to Ave Maria
There is someone on the Ranger Nation page on Facebook willing to give up MDZ, Stepan, and our first

Old
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
They want a top 4 defensmen though (which Del Zotto would be). but Stepan still has to go the other way in any deal for Ryan
to me a top 4 defenseman would be Michael Sauer if healthy, someone like that. You don't trade MDZ right now. I can't believe the ease of which ppl are willing to give him up. Nobody is on the Nash train more than me, but if it takes ANY of MDZ, Staal, MCD, or Girardi to get him, I hang up. Same with Ryan. Im not willing to move any of those 4 for anyone short of Stamkos, Crosby, Malkin etc.

MDZ may not be worth that asking price to other teams, but to our team, he is so vital its not even funny. the lack of offensive firepower we have from the blueline is gi-normous. MDZ is just a kid and has played a damn solid game in his own zone, a damn solid game in the offensive zone, and has, at times, shown brilliance that none of the 3 guys ahead of him have ever sniffed. He's a kid, he's going to make mistakes, but i wouldnt be so quick to move him.

this team is built on the goaltender and the D. trading MDZ for an offensive player like Nash/Ryan may actually have a net deleterious effect on this team...the offense may actually go down, and the goals against go up. not interested in moving him at all. if we're going to get Nash or Ryan, we gotta move forwards. Id be WAY more willing to move Stepan than MDZ...and frankly I dont want to move either.

Old
07-02-2012, 01:41 PM
Legend23

Anisimov...before the spelling police jump on board.

Old
Svenhart2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by o 16 Avery NYR o View Post
There is someone on the Ranger Nation page on Facebook willing to give up MDZ, Stepan, and our first
ANA will ask for that.

Old
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend23 View Post
I was just thinking the same thing. Stepan took a huge step backward the second half of last year. I know he was moved from the top line but I dont see him as more than a second line player and it seems alot of people on here see him as untouchable.
Both him and Anisimove are very inconsistent and can be traded in my opinion for the right player(s).
But that still begs the question...who is going to play 2nd line center? Do you really want Artie or Dubi in that spot? And Miller could be a year away...and is no lock to even project as a 2nd line center.

Old
07-02-2012, 01:42 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
So basically 73 points for Ryan as a 22 year old on a full season projection vs. 51 points for Stepan in a full season as a 21 year old playing in a more responsible position.
Pretty much. Now you have to ask yourself. Is a 60 point (projecting his point total next season), 2-way center worth more than a 73 point LW?

I think they are very comparable. Obviously this team needs a wing. But not at the expense of a future 1a/1b center with great character and leadership qualities. If they move Stepan, I will have a BIG problem with it.

Old
07-02-2012, 01:43 PM
NJRangers35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
Where is your source, my friend?
Jesse Rogers from espn. On my phone and not sure how to copy and paste the tweet here.

Old
07-02-2012, 01:44 PM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

I'm NOT advocating Stepan for Ryan, but don't forget that when you look at numbers, Ryan doesn't play on the first PP unit. His production would be a good deal higher if he did, IMO.

Old
07-02-2012, 01:44 PM
Svenhart2008

Quote:
Jesse Rogers from espn. On my phone and not sure how to copy and paste the tweet here.
Got the same tweet. Doesn't make sense though

Old
07-02-2012, 01:45 PM
Svenhart2008

Quote:
I'm NOT advocating Stepan for Ryan, but don't forget that when you look at numbers, Ryan doesn't play on the first PP unit. His production would be a good deal higher if he did, IMO.
I'd do Stepan for Ryan if we had a second deal lined up for a replacement center

Old
stcatcs12

Quote:
Jesse Rogers ‏@ESPNChiHawks

The Hawks DO have a shot at Parise...could be down to just them and NJ..should know within couple hours

Very interesting if that's true. Aren't they pretty loaded on salary right now? Do they move Kane if they sign Parise?

Old
Kershaw

Quote:
Quote:

@ChicagoSportsJD I tweeted about Parise hours ago...getting more and more info that down to Chi and NJ...
View conversation
Quote:

The Hawks DO have a shot at Parise...could be down to just them and NJ..should know within couple hours
Go Hawks Go!

Old
07-02-2012, 01:46 PM
Machinehead
#SearchForMcDonagh

Quote:
But also don't forget that he'd be coming to play for our PP, which is like most team's 3rd unit.

Old
07-02-2012, 01:46 PM
broadwayblue

Too bad we didn't pull that draft day trade off for Jordan Staal. He could have fit that spot and allowed us to consider moving Stepan for an upgrade at wing. Then again, is Jordan worth 6M/year when we have Derek at 875k and then as an RFA for a couple mil beyond that.

Old
07-02-2012, 01:47 PM
Lundsanity30

Hopefully that means Pittsburgh is out, In that case, he can go wherever the heck he wants to go.

Old
07-02-2012, 01:47 PM
Svenhart2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
Too bad we didn't sign Jordan Staal. He could have fit that spot and allowed us to consider moving Stepan for an upgrade at wing. Then again, is Jordan worth 6M/year when we have
Derek at 875k and then as an RFA for a couple mil beyond that.
We may have had to give up Stepan to get Jordan

Closed Thread