HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Notices

Free Agent Frenzy Thread Part II

Closed Thread

Old
07-02-2012, 04:40 PM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

vCash: 500
Chris Kuc ‏@ChrisKuc
RT @Ledger_NJDevils: According to Parise's agent, Wade Arnott, a decision might still be announced tonight. If not, then tomorrow.

Okay, now he's definitely trolling us

Old
07-02-2012, 04:41 PM
Kane At Mifflin

*UM UM, ZACH, I HAVE A SAY IN ALL THIS, DON'T I??*

Old
07-02-2012, 04:41 PM
TorMenT
Go Blackhawks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
Yep, you got it.
I only say it because it's a single mindset that makes most people jump to quick decisions without consulting anyone or considering all options

Old
07-02-2012, 04:42 PM
TwistedWrister90

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetEmKnow View Post
babe

Old
07-02-2012, 04:42 PM
zytz
lumberjack

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorMenT View Post
I'm guessing you're single?
Give the guy a break. He has to know whether or not he can start pre-ordering jersey and seats for Parise bobble head night.

Old
07-02-2012, 04:43 PM
MagicSlap*

Hoss is far too busy making his rounds as VP of the Marcus Kruger fan club to attend any games.

Old
07-02-2012, 04:44 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by zytz View Post
supposedly we were in on Suter... if he passed on us and Stan took a late run on Parise you really don't think that makes a difference?
Like I said, it's all a matter of who you want to believe. There's speculation that Chicago made pitches to both players and are in on both players.. which, if they are, they were from the begining of free-agency.

My point has been so badly missed. I don't give two ***** about Parise taking his time to make a choice.. I have a problem with addressing the media, getting everyone excited/relieved only to announce he hasn't made a choice, but the list is narrowed, and he's confident a choice will be made the next day, he just needs to discuss things with "X" family member(s).

Like I said.. Ryan Suter hasn't had any trouble creating a stir.. why? Because he's in Wisconsin with his family and not addressing the media day-to-day.

Old
07-02-2012, 04:44 PM
zytz
lumberjack

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicSlap View Post
Hoss is far too busy making his rounds as VP of the Marcus Kruger fan club to attend any games.
hey now that's a club I'm a proud member of. I tend to agree with Hoss more often than not...

....not on this

Old
07-02-2012, 04:46 PM
RayP

vCash: 50
Hoss, you make it sound like he is picking out which toilet paper he wants to buy.

Old
07-02-2012, 04:47 PM
TorMenT
Go Blackhawks!

Quote:
Like I said, it's all a matter of who you want to believe. There's speculation that Chicago made pitches to both players and are in on both players.. which, if they are, they were from the begining of free-agency.

My point has been so badly missed. I don't give two ***** about Parise taking his time to make a choice.. I have a problem with addressing the media, getting everyone excited/relieved only to announce he hasn't made a choice, but the list is narrowed, and he's confident a choice will be made the next day, he just needs to discuss things with "X" family member(s).

Like I said.. Ryan Suter hasn't had any trouble creating a stir.. why? Because he's in Wisconsin with his family and not addressing the media day-to-day.
Suter also isn't AS big of a name as Parise and has already announced that he won't announce his decision until Parise does, so nobody is bugging him about it because he already said he won't until Parise does.

Old
07-02-2012, 04:47 PM
zytz
lumberjack

Quote:

I understand your point I just think you're wrong. hes the big name UFA this year, and he (probably mistakenly) went to Toronto where I thought his agent's office was.

You mentioned before he should have had an idea who would be interested... and tbh if the Hawks truly are in the running I bet he's about as surprised as we are. Parise isn't really a name CHI has been linked to until yesterday-ish

Old
07-02-2012, 04:48 PM
Judrix
Kruger is our 2C

It might just be me, but Chicago looks like the obvious choice.

No homer.

Old
07-02-2012, 04:48 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorMenT View Post
Suter also isn't AS big of a name as Parise and has already announced that he won't announce his decision until Parise does, so nobody is bugging him about it because he already said he won't until Parise does.
Show me where Suter actually said he won't decide until Parise does? The speculation is that he's going to decide after Parise, but I haven't seen anything from Suter's camp to confirm that.

Old
07-02-2012, 04:49 PM
MagicSlap*

Quote:

Dan Rosen‏@drosennhl

And, no, Parise didn't call the media to tell them to come. They just came. That's how it works. He'd probably rather they not be there.

Old
07-02-2012, 04:49 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicSlap View Post
Dan Rosen‏@drosennhl

And, no, Parise didn't call the media to tell them to come. They just came. That's how it works. He'd probably rather they not be there.
Go back a page.

Old
07-02-2012, 04:54 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by zytz View Post
I understand your point I just think you're wrong. hes the big name UFA this year, and he (probably mistakenly) went to Toronto where I thought his agent's office was.

You mentioned before he should have had an idea who would be interested... and tbh if the Hawks truly are in the running I bet he's about as surprised as we are. Parise isn't really a name CHI has been linked to until yesterday-ish
Chicago wasn't a named linked to Hossa before they signed him. None of their trades get leaked before they're made either. They run a tight ship.

Old
07-02-2012, 04:54 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Derek Roy traded to Stars for Steve Ott and Adam Pardy.

Old
07-02-2012, 04:55 PM
Judrix
Kruger is our 2C

Quote:
Derek Roy traded to Stars for Steve Ott and Adam Pardy.
holy ****

Old
07-02-2012, 04:55 PM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

that's nice for them!

Old
07-02-2012, 04:56 PM
TorMenT
Go Blackhawks!

Quote:
Show me where Suter actually said he won't decide until Parise does? The speculation is that he's going to decide after Parise, but I haven't seen anything from Suter's camp to confirm that.
Been at work all day, and just checking my phone when I got chances. I was going based on what I'd read in this thread. If Suter hasn't confirmed that, then my mistake.

Old
07-02-2012, 04:57 PM
zytz
lumberjack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judrix View Post
holy ****
my reaction.

also I think the stars just became a little easier for us to play against... Ott was a bully

Old
07-02-2012, 04:58 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Just have to wait for someone to complain that Bowman didn't trade for Roy, despite clearly waiting on Parise/Suter.

Old
07-02-2012, 05:05 PM
zytz
lumberjack

Quote:
Just have to wait for someone to complain that Bowman didn't trade for Roy, despite clearly waiting on Parise/Suter.
lol. Who stuffed coldsteel into a hole? I feel like we're missing several pages of the above by now

Old
07-02-2012, 05:07 PM
BBH
34|38|61|10|13

Send a message via Skype™ to BBH
Quote:
I was a little disappointed we didn't get him, but I understand, waiting on the big fishies is something that takes priority over trading for Derek ****ing Roy.

Old
07-02-2012, 05:08 PM
madgoat33

coldsteel is my troll account and I logged out and can't remember the PW

Closed Thread