HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Notices

The Nash Thread IV (All things Nash here)

Closed Thread

Old
07-05-2012, 08:17 AM
Sore Loser
Since 2009

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithBWhittington View Post
I love how he finishes that article. Heck, I'd take Babcock for Nash straight up ... for my money, Babcock is the best coach in the NHL right now, and would immediately make this team better. Isn't that what it's all about?

Good article, thanks for sharing!

Old
07-05-2012, 08:19 AM
KeithBWhittington
Going North

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sore Loser View Post
I love how he finishes that article. Heck, I'd take Babcock for Nash straight up ... for my money, Babcock is the best coach in the NHL right now, and would immediately make this team better. Isn't that what it's all about?

Good article, thanks for sharing!
Forget Holland and Babs, if they just threw Nill in a deal, I'd be happy..... I'd even consider throwing in any extra sweetner if Nill signs an extension with us that includes a "No Shave Clause"

Old
07-05-2012, 09:05 AM
cslebn

Has anyone else noticed how Ranger fans in the Trade forum seem to be down on any other team's fans posting that their team is interested and their fans' offers?

It's like they're trying to rationalize the Rangers being the only choice and giving a lesser offer. It amuses me.

Old
07-05-2012, 09:17 AM
Cash for Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by cslebn View Post
Has anyone else noticed how Ranger fans in the Trade forum seem to be down on any other team's fans posting that their team is interested and their fans' offers?

It's like they're trying to rationalize the Rangers being the only choice and giving a lesser offer. It amuses me.
It is really lame.

At first it was trashing Rick Nash
Now with a team like Carolina entering the picture, they trash their offers.

Yes they are trying to rationalize while at the same same bullying. It's funny.

Old
07-05-2012, 09:22 AM
CapnCornelius

Quote:

And yet, here we sit with no deal and early indications Nash would consider waiving for Carolina and the only team we keep hearing in the press is NYR.

Howson has been trying to fit the square peg in the round hole since the trade deadline. Time to move away from the Rangers and find another deal. They aren't moving towards us. And accepting an offer with Hagelin as the centerpiece would be a ripoff.

Old
07-05-2012, 09:23 AM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

Quote:
Also, there's something scary to me about taking back a bunch of Euros for Nash.
Especially since, as the debt crisis worsens, the likelihood of there being an anchor on the Euro becomes more and more dangerous. We could be looking at a true financial meltdown, and the Jackets would be left holding a huge handful of worthless currency.

Oh, you mean European players?

Quote:

Talking with most of these Rangers fans about hockey is like talking about barbecue with Texans. Others may have it, but good luck having it even recognized as legitimate...everything they do is automatically the best of everything that has ever existed, and nothing that anyone else ever does is real.

Old
07-05-2012, 09:33 AM
Cash for Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnCornelius View Post
And yet, here we sit with no deal and early indications Nash would consider waiving for Carolina and the only team we keep hearing in the press is NYR.

Howson has been trying to fit the square peg in the round hole since the trade deadline. Time to move away from the Rangers and find another deal. They aren't moving towards us. And accepting an offer with Hagelin as the centerpiece would be a ripoff.
Yep...I really hope the list expands a by a couple teams and some decent returns emerge (a good centerpiece). I am tired of hearing about those fools (NYR) whether its Brooks, Portzline, Dreger, etc. Just get away from this nonsense.

Old
07-05-2012, 09:37 AM
Socks
HeadFake

I am rapidly reaching the point where I don't care where he gets traded to or what the return is as long as the f'ing trade is done.

Old
07-05-2012, 09:42 AM
ClevelandJacketFan
Awesome Mascots!

The main boards Nash thread should be used to crack international spies.

I can almost feel my brain melting.

Old
07-05-2012, 09:45 AM
cslebn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor Bee View Post
Talking with most of these Rangers fans about hockey is like talking about barbecue with Texans. Others may have it, but good luck having it even recognized as legitimate...everything they do is automatically the best of everything that has ever existed, and nothing that anyone else ever does is real.
That couldn't be more correct. Having lived in NY for 3 years, not everyone was that way but so many were (including the Maid of Honor from Brooklyn at our wedding - **** was she annoying)

Old
07-05-2012, 09:51 AM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevelandJacketFan View Post
The main boards Nash thread should be used to crack international spies.

I can almost feel my brain melting.
Just remember in November that your vote counts only as much as one of theirs.

That's depressing.

Old
07-05-2012, 09:57 AM
Sore Loser
Since 2009

Quote:
So good it should almost be sig'd. I'll give an asterisk here and say that Toronto fans are the same way.

Old
07-05-2012, 10:01 AM
Socks
HeadFake

Quote:
Just remember in November that your vote counts only as much as one of theirs.

That's depressing.
But... but my mom always told me I was a special snowflake so my vote should count for more!

Old
07-05-2012, 10:07 AM
Cash for Nash

Quote:
So good it should almost be sig'd. I'll give an asterisk here and say that Toronto fans are the same way.
Yep.

Fond memories of the "fair" TML trade proposals like Nash for Kadri, Kumelin, + Schenn

Your're NOT GETTING GARDNER, EVER!!!He's Untouchable dang it.

Old
07-05-2012, 10:18 AM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

Quote:
True, but in my experience, Toronto is just that way about hockey. NYC is that way about everything.

My younger brother lives in NYC, so he gets exposed to it a lot more. And one of my friends has lived in Texas for over 10 years, and thankfully he hasn't become like one of them. And you know who "them" is..."Want a bowl of chili?" "Does it have beans in it? If it has beans, it's not chili. And I'm from Texas, so I know what real chili is."

I think it's funny having a cluster of NYR fans trying to educate us on building a team. Since 1995, the Rangers have spent over a billion dollars on player salaries alone, and have made the SCF as many times as our team has. In the last 70 years, they have one more Cup than our team does...but that's who will educate us about what success looks like.

Old
07-05-2012, 10:31 AM
Socks
HeadFake

Quote:
True, but in my experience, Toronto is just that way about hockey. NYC is that way about everything.

My younger brother lives in NYC, so he gets exposed to it a lot more. And one of my friends has lived in Texas for over 10 years, and thankfully he hasn't become like one of them. [b]And you know who "them" is..."Want a bowl of chili?" "Does it have beans in it? If it has beans, it's not chili. And I'm from Texas, so I know what real chili is."[b/]

I think it's funny having a cluster of NYR fans trying to educate us on building a team. Since 1995, the Rangers have spent over a billion dollars on player salaries alone, and have made the SCF as many times as our team has. In the last 70 years, they have one more Cup than our team does...but that's who will educate us about what success looks like.
My aunt is from Texas but has lived in Michigan for 50+ years. She is still that way about chili.

Old
07-05-2012, 10:33 AM
cslebn

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinSock View Post
But... but my mom always told me I was a special snowflake so my vote should count for more!
Didn't you get the memo? NY is more special.

Com'on how many states have a blind, admittedly recreational drug using, open relationship male whoring governor?

So long as he admits to it he doesn't get the boot like Spitzer

Old
07-05-2012, 10:35 AM
jacks johnson

Hopefully we see some movement soon, but some of you guys are hilarious. Its July 5th, are some worried Nash may ship on our copy of Nhl 13 ? I was bored yesterday, so wondered over to the Nashville boards after the big announcement of Suter, and Parise to the Wild, the pitchforks were out, and most were calling for their Gm's head," as he is clearly the worst gm in the nhl", "and the only thing he has done right is sign Rinne to a decent deal". Kinda made me laugh.

Old
07-05-2012, 10:42 AM
CapnCornelius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacks Johnson View Post
Hopefully we see some movement soon, but some of you guys are hilarious. Its July 5th, are some worried Nash may ship on our copy of Nhl 13 ? I was bored yesterday, so wondered over to the Nashville boards after the big announcement of Suter, and Parise to the Wild, the pitchforks were out, and most were calling for their Gm's head," as he is clearly the worst gm in the nhl", "and the only thing he has done right is sign Rinne to a decent deal". Kinda made me laugh.
I don't think you get it. Time is not our friend here. The longer this is unresolved the more teams go in other directions and the less demand there is. Philly is a perfect example. A deal is now difficult to impossible with them because they shipped off JVR. If NYR trades for Bobby Ryan or focuses on a Weber instead of getting a forward, that may take them out. Maybe Carolina or Detroit take a chance on Semin. Etc., etc. At some point Howson's gamble works against the best interests of the team (if it hasn't already).

Howson needs to start looking at this situation more thoroughly and realize that maybe demand isn't what he thought it was and maybe his best case scenario isn't going to happen and it is time to get realistic about a workable deal instead of what he dreamed of. Demanding guys like Couture when a team is clearly unwilling to offer them is not working. The market is not coming to him. The demand for Nash simply isn't that great when you not only have to take on his salary, but deal with his NMC going forward AND give up a king's ransom in return. Lower cost alternatives like Doan or Semin may be preferable for teams that aren't willing to give up their entire future just to get Nash now.

Old
07-05-2012, 10:42 AM
KeithBWhittington
Going North

http://twitter.com/DarrenDreger/stat...01456570630145

Interesting take from Dreger..... No urgency on the trade front despite "tons of interest".

Old
07-05-2012, 10:46 AM
Socks
HeadFake

Damn phone and its duplicate posting. I blame New York.

Old
07-05-2012, 10:47 AM
KeithBWhittington
Going North

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnCornelius View Post
I don't think you get it. Time is not our friend here. The longer this is unresolved the more teams go in other directions and the less demand there is. Philly is a perfect example. A deal is now difficult to impossible with them because they shipped off JVR. If NYR trades for Bobby Ryan or focuses on a Weber instead of getting a forward, that may take them out. Maybe Carolina or Detroit take a chance on Semin. Etc., etc. At some point Howson's gamble works against the best interests of the team (if it hasn't already).

Howson needs to start looking at this situation more thoroughly and realize that maybe demand isn't what he thought it was and maybe his best case scenario isn't going to happen and it is time to get realistic about a workable deal instead of what he dreamed of. Demanding guys like Couture when a team is clearly unwilling to offer them is not working. The market is not coming to him. The demand for Nash simply isn't that great when you not only have to take on his salary, but deal with his NMC going forward AND give up a king's ransom in return. Lower cost alternatives like Doan or Semin may be preferable for teams that aren't willing to give up their entire future just to get Nash now.
I think the only rational defense is that perhaps he's waiting for the Ryan shoe to drop and that will, finally, get the market to come to him. I'm not entirely sold that this will happen depending on Ryan's destination. We were told teams didn't feel a "pressure point" by Howson himself at the draft and we're told this would happen.... I'm not sure its happening....

Old
07-05-2012, 10:50 AM
RDriesenUD

Quote:
http://twitter.com/DarrenDreger/stat...01456570630145

Interesting take from Dreger..... No urgency on the trade front despite "tons of interest".
There may be tons of interest, but that doesn't mean there have been any good offers.

Old
07-05-2012, 10:50 AM
CapnCornelius

Quote:
I think the only rational defense is that perhaps he's waiting for the Ryan shoe to drop and that will, finally, get the market to come to him. I'm not entirely sold that this will happen depending on Ryan's destination. We were told teams didn't feel a "pressure point" by Howson himself at the draft and we're told this would happen.... I'm not sure its happening....
Based on Dreger's tweet, it isn't. Howson either doesn't get the urgency or thinks others are dumb enough that they don't realize the urgency from his end.

Old
07-05-2012, 10:52 AM
KallioWeHardlyKnewYe
Blue Jacket's Curse

Quote:
It's also possible that there definitely is urgency behind the scenes, they just don't want to acknowledge it publicly, i.e. they're trying to play it cool and make the bidders be the ones who sweat.

Closed Thread