HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

[STL] Jeff Woywitka

Old
07-03-2012, 08:04 PM
rumrokh
I Bleed Blue

vCash: 500
I'm surprised you guys are even bothering. Dude has blindly hated everything Blues for a while now. I guess sometimes it's easy to forget people who contribute so little, but at least now you can spot one more of that ilk.

rumrokh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 08:17 PM
stlblues9

vCash: 1490
Quote:
Originally Posted by letowskie View Post
Wow, so this is their big LHD signing?

Another quality move by Davidson, he's about to get presidential medal of freedom for assembling a cup winner about now, with Woywitka anchoring an impenetrable D.
I know you're trying to get a rise out of the Blues fans, but they did break the record for lowest GAA total and they haven't lost anyone of value from last years team.

Tell me though, who were the Blues supposed to sign this off season? St. Louis can't afford Suter, Garrison took a huge discount to go to Vancouver. What did you expect him to do this year?

stlblues9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 08:43 PM
letowskie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Grouch View Post
Amazing analysis from the brilliant objective hockey mind that brought us these flawless insights...

I've noticed you often use the word luck when describing the "incompetence" of the Blues' front office.

This one makes me smile. The Jackman bashing combined with the "too little experience to do anything useful" is comical, you made those comments on 7-11-2011 and 7-4-2011, since then the Blues have broken the record for the fewest goals against during an 82 game season. Not too bad for a defense that was "not much to write home about".

This quote was posted on 7-04-2011, since then the Blues finished the season within three points from winning the Presidents Trophy and advanced to the second round of the playoffs.

If you want to comment on the Blues, that's cool... but you're not fooling Blues fans, we understand the value( read: lack thereof) of your posts on the subject.
OK, my prediction of the regular season might not be the most accurate, the the post-season occurred exactly as I describe a year ago. When a single D went down, Jackman basically compounded mistakes upon mistake; Shattenkirk disappeared and seemed like he was in a sophomore slump; someone like Colaiccovo completely wilted away and was easy pickings for the Kings forwards; even the usually reliable Polak seemed to have lost his way. So yes, it really turned out that their D is a house of cards that was ready to fail at any moment without a single player. And their centers during the series did not do much better.

And how did that work out when the season was actually on the line. When Pietrangelo went down, the Blues' D were basically sitting ducks. Davidson is someone that basically prevented the acquisition of useful D on the left side, and blindly threw away quality players like Brewer that could have helped them in a critical time, and hung onto guys like Jackman that ran around the ice blind like a chicken with its head cut off.

letowskie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 08:56 PM
letowskie

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlblues9 View Post
I know you're trying to get a rise out of the Blues fans, but they did break the record for lowest GAA total and they haven't lost anyone of value from last years team.

Tell me though, who were the Blues supposed to sign this off season? St. Louis can't afford Suter, Garrison took a huge discount to go to Vancouver. What did you expect him to do this year?
No I don't; and the regular season means little to nothing, if they cannot make it through a tough playoff series. Losing to the Kings is one thing, gets completely blown out in a clean sweep is quite another.

They could have easily made a few shrewd moves at the deadline by landing someone like J. Johnson. Or they could have gotten creative at the draft table, and landed a decent D such as McDonagh, Giordano, Tyutin, Kuba, Leopold, Vlasic, and a myriad of others.

We know Davidson is someone that not only takes huge salaries that sucks the organization that his is parasitizing dry, but also is gravely timid so as to make signings like Huskins and call it a day, and pretend that it fixes and swiss cheese D. He is simply one of the most despicable figures that's worked anywhere in the history of this league. I cannot believe that another desperate team like CBJ was actually considering hiring him if he left the Blues; which would have spread this malignant tumor from one organization to another. He is simply an individual with no salutary value what so ever, and everything his hands touches turns into a steaming pile of turd.

letowskie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 09:07 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

letowskie, this never gets old, i love it lol

bleedblue1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 09:26 PM
The Grouch
Enraged

Quote:
OK, my prediction of the regular season might not be the most accurate, the the post-season occurred exactly as I describe a year ago. When a single D went down, Jackman basically compounded mistakes upon mistake; Shattenkirk disappeared and seemed like he was in a sophomore slump; someone like Colaiccovo completely wilted away and was easy pickings for the Kings forwards; even the usually reliable Polak seemed to have lost his way. So yes, it really turned out that their D is a house of cards that was ready to fail at any moment without a single player. And their centers during the series did not do much better.

The Los Angeles Kings made a mockery of every team they faced in the playoffs. Do you really think the Blues' defense was more accurately represented in the four playoff games they played against the Stanley Cup Champions than they were in the other 87 games of their season?

Quote:
Davidson is someone that basically prevented the acquisition of useful D on the left side

Link?

Quote:
...and blindly threw away quality players like Brewer that could have helped them in a critical time, and hung onto guys like Jackman that ran around the ice blind like a chicken with its head cut off.

A few things...

1. John Davidson isn't the General Manager of the St. Louis Blues.

2. The Blues didn't "blindly throw away" Eric Brewer. They made a conscious decision to shift the leadership from an underachieving soon to be UFA whose tenure as Blues captain had been disappointing.

3. Barret Jackman is a better defenseman than Eric Brewer.

The Grouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 11:37 PM
Harley83

Brewer wasn't that great in St. Louis and he definitely wasn't serving the team as captain. Jackman plays the kind of game that Eric Brewer was afraid to, Brewer wouldn't play tough in front of the goal or stand up for his teammates. Jackman beat out Nash and Zetterberg for the Calder so he can't be that bad.

Harley83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 12:43 AM
rumrokh
I Bleed Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley83 View Post
Brewer wasn't that great in St. Louis and he definitely wasn't serving the team as captain.
This is a characterization that not a single fan can substantiate, they only dream it up because they weren't satisfied with Brewer's play. Brewer performed damn well considering he was always asked to play above his head, and the players voted him as captain.

Quote:
Jackman plays the kind of game that Eric Brewer was afraid to, Brewer wouldn't play tough in front of the goal or stand up for his teammates.
I agree that Jackman, right now, is a more desirable player than Brewer is (contract and toughness), but Brewer definitely stood up for his teammates. Despite having shoulder and back injuries, Brewer was frequently the first guy into a scrum to defend a teammate who got shoved around. Every time Brewer fought, it was because he was attacking a player who took liberties with his teammates. You may not care for his defensive acumen, but Brewer is a true character player and nothing he ever did on the ice suggests otherwise.

Quote:
Jackman beat out Nash and Zetterberg for the Calder so he can't be that bad.
Wow, talk about irrelevant. In that same year, Anaheim went to the finals, so they're a great team, too, right? The NHL's style has shifted and Jackman has endured a lot of injuries. He's a good second-pairing defenseman, but winning the Calder and the players against whom he won it nearly a decade ago have nothing to do with that now.

rumrokh is offline   Reply With Quote