HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Notices

Remaining Free Agents

Old
07-04-2012, 11:17 AM
Illinihockey

vCash: 500
Remaining Free Agents

So Carle, Semin, and Doan are all out there. I exect the Hawks to go hard after at least one of them. Don't think they sit out free agency after making a huge offer to Parise.

Illinihockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 11:18 AM
ndgt10

I would put some serious money on Semin signing with Detroit or Pitt.

ndgt10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 11:18 AM
Judrix
Kruger is our 2C

Matt Carle will be overpaid by Detroit. Book it.

Judrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 11:21 AM
UsernameWasTaken
HFBoards Sponsor

here are some of the players left:

1. Matt Carle, D, Philadelphia
2. Shane Doan, W, Phoenix
3. Alex Semin, W, Washington
4. Andrei Kostitsyn, W, Nashville
5. Peter Mueller, W, Colorado
6. Michal Rozsival, D, Phoenix
7. Petr Sykora, W, New Jersey
8. Jason Arnott, C, St. Louis
9. Jamie Langenbrunner, W, St. Louis
10. Pavel Kubina, D, Philadelphia

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sport...rticle4388176/

UsernameWasTaken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 11:22 AM
brtriad

Send a message via AIM to brtriad
All in on Doan. Please stay the hell away from Matt Carle.

brtriad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 11:22 AM
Illinihockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judrix View Post
Matt Carle will be overpaid by Detroit. Book it.
Agreed, I could see Carle and Semin going to Detroit.

Old
07-04-2012, 11:26 AM
hockeydoug

I hope Chicago stays away from everybody except Doan of the top remaining UFAs. For Doan, I only like it for a short heavily inflated contract anyway. He'll probably want to stay west so I'm not sure Chicago even has a chance to land him anyway.

hockeydoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 11:38 AM
No Fun Shogun
Global Moderator
34-38-61-10-13

vCash: 1
Problem is though that with the two top dogs in this free agency class going to the same team, that means there are still a lot of potential landing spots fighting over the talent remaining.

Expect every one on that list to get overpaid just due to the competition.

No Fun Shogun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 11:40 AM
Illinihockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeydoug View Post
I hope Chicago stays away from everybody except Doan of the top remaining UFAs. For Doan, I only like it for a short heavily inflated contract anyway. He'll probably want to stay west so I'm not sure Chicago even has a chance to land him anyway.
Intereting though on Doan, instead of goin say 3 years $15 mil maybe he would prefer 2 years, say, $12 mil

Old
07-04-2012, 11:41 AM
brtriad

You need to fix your keyboard man.

Old
07-04-2012, 11:43 AM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 200
Rather look at trade market then overpay for any of the remaining UFA's

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 11:51 AM
InTOEWSweTrust
Free Morin

Sam Gagne Bobby Ryan make it happen

InTOEWSweTrust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 11:54 AM
AmericanDream
Wakey Wakey Davey!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brtriad View Post
All in on Doan. Please stay the hell away from Matt Carle.
you must not watch much of Carle...

people flock like sheep on here, when one person says something about a player, it always latches on to others...

how you would want to stay away from Carle, a 27 year old 40 point 2 way dman, is beyond me... the guy is a plus player, and has been with and without Pronger... he makes as many mistakes as Keith does, and he had to carry the load of the Flyers blueline on his back playing over 25 minutes a night...

the Hawks should make a major move on Carle, as he wont be needed to play over 25 minutes a night, moves the puck extremely well, plays very solid defense something shortsighted posters cant see, the dude is legit. He is a hell of a lot better then Oduya....he makes our blueline better overall, will be overpriced, but either make moves or dont...cant ***** about making moves, then cry when we overpay to get a player...everyone is getting overpaid this year...get over it people.

AmericanDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 11:55 AM
Illinihockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
I know we differ but I'd overpay Doan but still think they should make a trade to but for whom? I dont know.

Old
07-04-2012, 11:56 AM
Illinihockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanDream View Post

people flock like sheep on here, when one person says something about a player, it always latches on to others...

how you would want to stay away from Carle, a 27 year old 40 point 2 way dman, is beyond me... the guy is a plus player, and has been with and without Pronger... he makes as many mistakes as Keith does, and he had to carry the load of the Flyers blueline on his back playing over 25 minutes a night...

the Hawks should make a major move on Carle, as he wont be needed to play over 25 minutes a night, moves the puck extremely well, plays very solid defense something shortsighted posters cant see, the dude is legit. He is a hell of a lot better then Oduya....he makes our blueline better overall, will be overpriced, but either make moves or dont...cant ***** about making moves, then cry when we overpay to get a player...everyone is getting overpaid this year...get over it people.
Agreed, he would be a solid 2nd line option and would allow you to deal Hjalmersson for forward help if they so chose.

Old
07-04-2012, 11:56 AM
Chris Hansen
Team Tyrion

Matt Carle is the opposite of what the Hawks need. I really hope they don't waste any money on him.

Solid player, just not the right fit at all.

Chris Hansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 12:01 PM
AmericanDream
Wakey Wakey Davey!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hansen View Post
Matt Carle is the opposite of what the Hawks need. I really hope they don't waste any money on him.

Solid player, just not the right fit at all.
we dont need help moving the puck out of our zone?

we dont need help on the power play??

Carle helps on both accounts...

he also is better at keeping pucks out of the net then Leddy, Oduya, Olsen, and Monty... probably even Hjalmarsson as well....

not sure what else your looking for in a 2 way dman.... if you want a shutdown dman, it isnt Carle, but go trade for that....if you want another top 4 dman that takes the heat and pressure off of Seabs and Keith, this is the guy....

he helps in more ways then just on ice style, he brings another legit top 4 to our group which helps Seabs and Keith play less minutes and more effectively.

AmericanDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 12:04 PM
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly

Quote:
we dont need help moving the puck out of our zone?
Really? Did you watch the playoffs?

edit, I see that was a question.

HawksFan74 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 12:05 PM
Sarava

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
^ This

Sarava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 12:05 PM
Chris Hansen
Team Tyrion

The Hawks have plenty of puckmovers already. If they can get a good defensive defenseman who makes a good first pass, then sure. But Carle is pure puckmover & offensive defenseman, something this team absolutely does not need. We already have Keith, Leddy, and Oduya who are each similar players to him (ability to move the puck).

That is quite honestly one of the last things the roster needs help with.

Chris Hansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 12:06 PM
madgoat33

Quote:

I watch him play as much as I can. His defensive game comes and goes inexplicably. He was an abomination in the PO's as well. All things considered, I'll take leddy over him.

madgoat33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 12:07 PM
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly

Stalberg is going to get an extension because Stan is getting bored. Wait for it.

HawksFan74 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 12:10 PM
brtriad

Quote:

Not even close. The Flyers are the reason I buy the center ice package. Carle is the best defenseman on the Flyers not named Pronger, Timonen, Coburn, and Meszaros. Leddy minus about 8 years of development is still better than Matt Carle.

He's a good skater and a good passer. He's weak on the boards, doesn't have particuarly good stick work, and makes more boneheaded mistakes than Dylan Olsen. We have a guy just like that named Johnny Oduya who is already overpaid. Carle will get paid even more and whatever team signs him, I can guarantee you those fans will turn on him in less than a year.

Old
07-04-2012, 12:12 PM
madgoat33

Quote:
Originally Posted by brtriad View Post
Not even close. The Flyers are the reason I buy the center ice package. Carle is the best defenseman on the Flyers not named Pronger, Timonen, Coburn, and Meszaros. Leddy minus about 8 years of development is still better than Matt Carle.

He's a good skater and a good passer. He's weak on the boards, doesn't have particuarly good stick work, and makes more boneheaded mistakes than Dylan Olsen. We have a guy just like that named Johnny Oduya who is already overpaid. Carle will get paid even more and whatever team signs him, I can guarantee you those fans will turn on him in less than a year.
Made me lol. so true.

Now, I'd take coburn on the hawks in a heartbeat. same with meszaros for the right price.

madgoat33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 12:14 PM
zytz
lumberjack

I'd be ok with Carle...but it would have to be the right term and price... term and price that I don't think he would agree to. I have a feeling he's going to get overpaid... Semin too.

I'd be interested in
Carle
Doan
Arnott
Langenbrunner

But only marginally really. FA might as well be over at this point.... not much left that helps us in a big way.

zytz is offline   Reply With Quote