HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Notices

Suter and Parise

Old
07-03-2012, 07:01 PM
bludhavenHawks

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndgt10 View Post
I'm starting to think the hold up the Wings finalizing the contracts that will land them both on Detroit. Lets hope not!
Since it's been quietly, I think that ^ is highly unlikely. I think the holdup is literally the players wanting to talk to their families about where to sign.

bludhavenHawks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 07:23 PM
AmericanDream
Puck You

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsernameWasTaken View Post
How did the stories about Parise and Suter wanting to play together get started. What was the rationale?
they have been friends for a long time, going back to many US National events and select camps in their early teens....along with winning the Gold medal together at the 04 WJC, and the silver in the 2010 Olympics, these guys have been close for a long time...

AmericanDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 07:26 PM
AmericanDream
Puck You

Quote:
Originally Posted by bludhavenHawks View Post
Since it's been quietly, I think that ^ is highly unlikely. I think the holdup is literally the players wanting to talk to their families about where to sign.
at this point I think it is safe to say that the hold up is to make sure that both agents get everything ironed out as both Parise and Suter are signing with the same team...there is no doubt in my mind about it...

and honestly, from all thats out there, I think that leaves only 3 legit options : Chicago, Philly, and Pitt... and with Parise and Suter both being lowkey midwest type boys, I think Chicago might just hit the jackpot here...

I dont see either going to Minny because that team is far away from being a winner.... and same for Detroit, they lost some damn good players and have plenty of holes to fill...

this hold up is to make sure that all parties are on the same page and that both Parise and Suter will be announced together...just my gut feeling, only thing that makes sense at this point

Old
07-03-2012, 07:28 PM
RayP

vCash: 50
You are insane. They are not both signing here. I'm not even certain we are a lock for one. I think Parise is doable, but I don't think Surer is coming here.

RayP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 07:33 PM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanDream View Post
at this point I think it is safe to say that the hold up is to make sure that both agents get everything ironed out as both Parise and Suter are signing with the same team...there is no doubt in my mind about it...

and honestly, from all thats out there, I think that leaves only 3 legit options : Chicago, Philly, and Pitt... and with Parise and Suter both being lowkey midwest type boys, I think Chicago might just hit the jackpot here...

I dont see either going to Minny because that team is far away from being a winner.... and same for Detroit, they lost some damn good players and have plenty of holes to fill...

this hold up is to make sure that all parties are on the same page and that both Parise and Suter will be announced together...just my gut feeling, only thing that makes sense at this point
yeah, but apparently suter had face to face mtgs w/ ppl from minny and det today.

UsernameWasTaken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 07:34 PM
AmericanDream
Puck You

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayP View Post
You are insane. They are not both signing here. I'm not even certain we are a lock for one. I think Parise is doable, but I don't think Surer is coming here.
I am giving my horribly biased and hopeful opinion, but the fact remains that both havent signed yet, both are delaying this, so its likely both will sign with the same team...whoever the team I dont know, but I think they go to the same team...I am just praying it is us...

Old
07-03-2012, 07:35 PM
ndgt10

I think Parise is Wild or Pens. Suter is Wild or Wings.

ndgt10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 07:35 PM
AmericanDream
Puck You

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsernameWasTaken View Post
yeah, but apparently suter had face to face mtgs w/ ppl from minny at det today.
those are pity meetings

you just never know as it wouldnt shock me to see both of these guys sign with either the Pens, Flyers, or Hawks.... all contending teams that can afford them with a bit of wiggle

Old
07-03-2012, 07:36 PM
BBSeabs27
#freeseabs

Suter to the wings, Parise to the Pens. $100 bet

BBSeabs27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 07:39 PM
AmericanDream
Puck You

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBSeabs27 View Post
I dont see Suter to the Wings.... just because they lost Lidstrom??

he would be taking a step back to play with the Wings, the Preds are currently a better team then the Wings...that makes no sense at all...outside of Suter playing in Ann Arbor for 2 years, he has no reason to pick the Wings... at least the Hawks had his uncle Gary here, its close to his home and family....

I dont see Suter to the Wings at all.... all my vcash vs. your vcash on Suter going to someone other then the Wings???

Parise to the Pens is the most likely choice so he can play with his boy Crosby... but why go be second or third fiddle on the Pens, when you can come to the Hawks and play with Toews and Kane and still be the top dog???

Old
07-03-2012, 07:43 PM
ndgt10

Don't think Suter would like who his D partner is here.

Old
07-03-2012, 07:52 PM
AmericanDream
Puck You

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndgt10 View Post
Don't think Suter would like who his D partner is here.
I dont think he would like who his d partner is in Detroit...

I dont get why anyone is down on Nick Leddy....the kid is barely 21 years old for God's sake... he is an offensive defenseman that put up nearly 40 points... he makes mistakes and has issues, but so did Suter and every other young 21 year old offensive minded guy...

people on here ran BC out of town for his contract, but his skill is what we sorely miss...Leddy is that type of player but a hell of a lot younger....this kid is a solid young dman that will get stronger and better and who better to pair him with to learn the game then Suter.

I am sure Suter would love to come here and mentor Leddy...you guys are on crack if you think thats a concern..

plus, the way Q flips everything around, I am sure by mid-season Suter will be playing with Olsen or Oduya...or Keith.... who knows...

Old
07-03-2012, 08:12 PM
sedag

Is Suter a Hawk yet?

sedag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 08:19 PM
99 steps
to the top

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBSeabs27 View Post
I wouldn't bet against that.

99 steps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 08:20 PM
jservs7
Blackhawks' Nation

Quote:
Originally Posted by sedag View Post
Is Suter a Hawk yet?
I'm glad someone asked it before me.

jservs7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 08:35 PM
BBSeabs27
#freeseabs

Quote:

he would be taking a step back to play with the Wings, the Preds are currently a better team then the Wings...that makes no sense at all...outside of Suter playing in Ann Arbor for 2 years, he has no reason to pick the Wings... at least the Hawks had his uncle Gary here, its close to his home and family....

I dont see Suter to the Wings at all.... all my vcash vs. your vcash on Suter going to someone other then the Wings???

Parise to the Pens is the most likely choice so he can play with his boy Crosby... but why go be second or third fiddle on the Pens, when you can come to the Hawks and play with Toews and Kane and still be the top dog???
Red Wings can throw the most money at him, plus he has a chance for a leadership role and its closer to home then Nashville. Detroit will always be a good team, Nashville still lacks offense, they haven't addressed that at all.

BBSeabs27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 08:43 PM
cherrypik

I think Suter stays in Nashville. Reasons:
Nashville has an arguable better team than CBH and DRW.
He might be a #3D with Keith and Seabrook being the top pairing. Everywhere else he'll be a #1D.
In the grand scheme of things Nashville is about the same distance for him then Detroit. Plus DRW have for years wanted to be moved to the East. So that might be a factor.
He might be using DRW and CBH to increase Nashville's offer to keep him or might take slightly less.

As for Parise, I think he goes back home to Minny.
NJD seems to be unstable financially and Marty has 2 years left.
He hates Philly.
In Pitt/CHI he will not be a captain but a core piece. Will he accept that?
With Pitt/CHI being player core heavy it really doesn't guarantee SC. A core player from each team will be lost within 3-4 years.
In Minny he will be the face of the franchise and continue to increase USA hockey in Minny.

I can't imagine what Shea Weber will command next year. 8+?

cherrypik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 08:51 PM
featherhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrypik View Post
I think Suter stays in Nashville. Reasons:
Nashville has an arguable better team than CBH and DRW.
He might be a #3D with Keith and Seabrook being the top pairing. Everywhere else he'll be a #1D.
In the grand scheme of things Nashville is about the same distance for him then Detroit. Plus DRW have for years wanted to be moved to the East. So that might be a factor.
He might be using DRW and CBH to increase Nashville's offer to keep him or might take slightly less.

As for Parise, I think he goes back home to Minny.
NJD seems to be unstable financially and Marty has 2 years left.
He hates Philly.
In Pitt/CHI he will not be a captain but a core piece. Will he accept that?
With Pitt/CHI being player core heavy it really doesn't guarantee SC. A core player from each team will be lost within 3-4 years.
In Minny he will be the face of the franchise and continue to increase USA hockey in Minny.

I can't imagine what Shea Weber will command next year. 8+?
so why not include Minny in that above statement I put in red.......do you think Koivu is going to roll over and die or just voluntarily give Parise the C?

featherhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 08:53 PM
ndgt10

Parise >> Koivu

Old
07-03-2012, 08:55 PM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

Quote:

Well Toews is the captain here and probably will be for the rest of his career.

Also, elsewhere you said that a draw to coming here for Suter was he could play with and be a mentor to Leddy. I really don't think that would be a huge enticement...your partner is going to be someone who doesn't know what he's doing and you'll be the one who gets to play babysitter?

UsernameWasTaken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 09:10 PM
cherrypik

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbbearcats View Post
so why not include Minny in that above statement I put in red.......do you think Koivu is going to roll over and die or just voluntarily give Parise the C?
Parise is the face of USA hockey. Koivu will be stripped of his C faster then being demoted to second line center.

cherrypik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 09:32 PM
featherhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrypik View Post
Parise is the face of USA hockey. Koivu will be stripped of his C faster then being demoted to second line center.
Really, you think if Parise signs in Minny, Koivu will be stripped of the C, and somehow be demoted to 2nd line C?????????

who plays 1st line C?

who does minny trade Koivu too once you tell him he sucks as a leader compared to the new guy?

featherhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 10:05 PM
EbonyRaptor

Let's take a step back and realize what's going on here. We're having a nirvana party. Not a one of us knows what's going to happen and I think the majority doubt the Hawks get either one of these guys - let alone both. But since it's still in doubt - we can fantasize what it would be like if the Hawks hit the jackpot and landed both of them. This is fun - let's enjoy this little fantasy time. Heck - let's embellish a little bit. Most likely it will come crashing down soon enough and we'll be back to arguing about Stalberg and Kruger. So - let's have some fun and let our imaginations run wild.

With that said - here's what I think will happen (wink wink) - Parise and Suter will make a joint announcement tomorrow that they are signing with the Hawks. Parise will wear #99 and Suter will wear good ole #20 like Uncle Gary. They will both sign for 13 years for $81.9M with a cap hit of $6.3M - the same as Toews and Kane. They will both get a signing bonus of $16.9M, with annual salaries starting at $8M in 2012/13, steadily decling through the years until the 13th year is $1M.

After that league shattering announcement, Toews calls his buddy Doan and convinces him to sign a 1-year deal for the minimum for a chance to win a Cup in Chicago.

Stan sweetens the deal with Ottawa by including the Hawk's 2013 #2 draft pick to go along with Hjalmarsson for one of Ottawa's prize goalie prospects - either Ben Bishop or Robin Lehner. That offloads Hjalmarsson salary and sends a top prospect goalie to Rockford to be the heir apparent #1 goalie for the Hawks in the future.

Stan sends the Hawk's 2013 #1 draft pick and Ray Emery to LA for Jonathan Bernier.

Stan gets a phone calls from the agents of Matt Carle and Alexander Semin who tell Stan their clients want "Doan deals" - they're willing to take 1-year deals for $1M to join the party.

An hour later Rocky calls Stan and asks how the salary cap is looking. Stan tells him that they're still over the cap and he's not sure how it's going to work. Rocky tells him to get it done no matter the cost - even if it means burying players in Rockford. Stan follows the directive.

By now - three days have passed and the rest of the NHL world are starting to come out of their stupor. They're staring at their computers and wondering how did this happen when it starts to dawn on them that in order for them to win the 2012/13 Stanley Cup - they will have to beat this Chicago Blackhawks team:

Parise-Toews-Hossa
Sharp-Kane-Semin
Stalberg-Bolland-Doan
Carcillo-Shaw-Hayes
Bickell-Mayer

Suter-Seabrook
Keith-Carle
Oduya-Leddy
Brookbank

Crawford
Bernier

And - a partial Rockford lineup:

Saad-Pirri-Frolik
Morin-McNeill-Olezs
Beach-Kruger-???
Bollig-Danault-???

Holl-Montador
Lavin-Olsen
Lalonde-Clendening

Bishop/Lehner
Hutton

EbonyRaptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 10:06 PM
bludhavenHawks

Quote:
That maybe true but I doubt he is negotiating with Detroit only. If his agent is talking, you can bet on him talking to multiple teams not just Detroit.

As for the "signing with the same team", I think this is being overplayed. I think the last time two high profile players in hockey decided to play together was Selenne and Kariya with Colorado in 2003 (and yes I know they were on the wrong side of their prime at the time but were still productive players), I believe. There's been other combo but usually one of the two is much more higher profile than the other (ie Hossa/Kopecky). Now if someone can come up with another high profile, I will stand corrected. So I think the whole signing with the game team is being overplayed. Ultimately they will each put their family best interests above wanting to play together.

Quote:
You forget Detroit. And, don't get me wrong I would love to have both, but how do you equate two "low key midewest type boys" equalling Chicago hitting a jackpot? If anything that might make Minnesota more appealing because of the less demanding media and fan base. I would love just one of the two, I really would and if the Hawks could get both somebody from the core---Sharp/Kane---would have to go to make it work.

Quote:
Minnesota I agree but you can't discount them, and Detroit is Detroit and their owner just sunk over $200 million into a fat 1B/DH. So money really isn't an object. So you can't discount Detroit.

Quote:
this hold up is to make sure that all parties are on the same page and that both Parise and Suter will be announced together...just my gut feeling, only thing that makes sense at this point.
My gut feeling is that both will do what it's the best interests of their families. If that means they will sign with the same team, fine, but I personally think they will end up on separate teams (Minnesota for Parise, Suter for Detroit, imo). Either way I think it's coming to a head tomorrow.

bludhavenHawks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 10:30 PM
ndgt10

Rumors flying that Suter is now a Wing. Will be announced tommorow. 90 mill over 13 years.

Appears Parise was trying to get him to join the Wild. I guess they talked tonight but Suter made the decision he felt best for.

Parise to Wild should be announced tommorow too.