HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Notices

Suter and Parise

Old
07-04-2012, 09:56 AM
hawksfan50

vCash: 500
So we are out on suter because Illitch took his jet down to Madison Wis. -personally threw $10 million more into the pot to dazzle Suter at $90 mil. for 13 years (which was the price I thought the Hawks had to offer but i guess not---I felt the Hawks had to go $100million for 13 years on Parise which I think is stillon the table ) AND of course--given my conspiracy theory nature-I would bet that Illitch also left his plane with a mysterious suitcase coveniently left at his meting with Suter--inside was probably a note that said something like -imagine if this was filled with some nice appreciative goodies --you can look forward to that appreciation if you sign with us
(for years we all suspected Illitch of undr the table goodies being somehow didtributed on his hometown discounts and if that hunch was correct why not if an FA war to the death to put one over on the honourale Rockwell W.?) ...but hey I have no proof but to overcome the alleged near home advantage the Hawks had and the Suter family Hawks fans connections and uncle Gary---we'll Illitch had to pull out all the stops and i guess he forked over enough of his lucre to get the job done..

As for Parise --he did say he'd like to play with Suter --so once Suter goes to hockeytown maybe Illitch's plane land in Parise's home in Minnesota and pulls out another suitcase.. They have the money and cap to equal the Hawks offer or exceed it..plus they'd play the Suter card on him..

hawksfan50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 09:58 AM
Judrix
Kruger is our 2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawksfan50 View Post
So we are out on suter because Illitch took his jet down to Madison Wis. -personally threw $10 million more into the pot to dazzle Suter at $90 mil. for 13 years (which was the price I thought the Hawks had to offer but i guess not---I felt the Hawks had to go $100million for 13 years on Parise which I think is stillon the table ) AND of course--given my conspiracy theory nature-I would bet that Illitch also left his plane with a mysterious suitcase coveniently left at his meting with Suter--inside was probably a note that said something like -imagine if this was filled with some nice appreciative goodies --you can look forward to that appreciation if you sign with us
(for years we all suspected Illitch of undr the table goodies being somehow didtributed on his hometown discounts and if that hunch was correct why not if an FA war to the death to put one over on the honourale Rockwell W.?) ...but hey I have no proof but to overcome the alleged near home advantage the Hawks had and the Suter family Hawks fans connections and uncle Gary---we'll Illitch had to pull out all the stops and i guess he forked over enough of his lucre to get the job done..

As for Parise --he did say he'd like to play with Suter --so once Suter goes to hockeytown maybe Illitch's plane land in Parise's home in Minnesota and pulls out another suitcase.. They have the money and cap to equal the Hawks offer or exceed it..plus they'd play the Suter card on him..
it's looking very likely they are both signing in Minnesota.

Judrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 10:04 AM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judrix View Post
yes, i think so, too.

UsernameWasTaken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 10:12 AM
BobbyJet

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawksfan50 View Post

At what point does the money no longer matter? It certainly seems that these players want to play where they (and their family) feels most comfortable. Wings need to sell themselves as winners and with that in mind and forget about upping the pot. It may be a losing battle.

BobbyJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 10:14 AM
cherrypik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judrix View Post
With the new CBA and a possible Midwest division, Minnesota and Winnipeg will be tough.

cherrypik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 10:28 AM
ndgt10

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrypik View Post
With the new CBA and a possible Midwest division, Minnesota and Winnipeg will be tough.
Dallas and Minnesota (assuming they land both) have really improved so far in free agency. If the Hawks remain status quo, they will be fighting to make the playoffs!

ndgt10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 10:53 AM
AmericanDream
Puck You

Quote:
Originally Posted by brtriad View Post
Been saying for a while Suter ends up a Wang. I think Parise heads back to NJD when it's all said and done.
these guys are signing together, I will say that again....

and sadly, it looks the Wild are going to land both....

Minny is Hockey Town USA, and these guys are midwest type guys (though Minny is pretty flippin radical and must have transplants from Cali), I think the Hawks and Wings get shut out on these two....but the Wings still step up and land Semin and Carle which is the next 2 top choices... and we then will be left with snot to fight over....

if we dont go after Peter Mueller hard, I will ****ing puke...

AmericanDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 10:58 AM
deytookerjaabs
Registered Smut User

Addition by subtraction for our division, no Suter and no Lidstrom is good no matter how you look at it. Detroit can have Semin + Carle, blah. Minny now becomes a playoff caliber team who will have to battle just as hard as Dallas to make it. Neither are serious contenders and I'm glad Parise and Suter didn't sign to an already top team to create an uber contender.

deytookerjaabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 10:59 AM
ndgt10

I doubt Bo even knows who Mueller is.

ndgt10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 11:02 AM
AmericanDream
Puck You

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndgt10 View Post
I doubt Bo even knows who Mueller is.
sadly I think you are right...

Old
07-04-2012, 11:03 AM
AmericanDream
Puck You

Quote:
Originally Posted by deytookerjaabs View Post
Addition by subtraction for our division, no Suter and no Lidstrom is good no matter how you look at it. Detroit can have Semin + Carle, blah. Minny now becomes a playoff caliber team who will have to battle just as hard as Dallas to make it. Neither are serious contenders and I'm glad Parise and Suter didn't sign to an already top team to create an uber contender.
I will gladly remember these quotes, as there will be some wonderful crow served up if the Wings sign both of them and beat our ass in the playoffs.....or make the playoffs which we might be in a war to make yet again...

Old
07-04-2012, 11:04 AM
Judrix
Kruger is our 2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanDream View Post
sadly I think you are right...
lmao, this made me laugh for some reason.

Old
07-04-2012, 11:07 AM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

James Mirtle ‏@mirtle

Sounds like it's down to the Devils and Wild for Parise. @MolinariPG says the Penguins are out of the mix.

Old
07-04-2012, 11:13 AM
Illinihockey

Suter officially signed with Minnesota

Illinihockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 11:13 AM
Judrix
Kruger is our 2C

there goes Parise too. He was obviously waiting out trying to get Suter to sign there.

Old
07-04-2012, 11:14 AM
deytookerjaabs
Registered Smut User

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanDream View Post
I will gladly remember these quotes, as there will be some wonderful crow served up if the Wings sign both of them and beat our ass in the playoffs.....or make the playoffs which we might be in a war to make yet again...
Do you not watch our regular season stints against the Wings? That team is far from the one with a prime Holmstrom, Rafalski, and Lidstrom. A lot less scary, Carle is to Lidstrom what Leddy is to Campbell, probably even worse. Semin makes one line of theirs a better threat on a team who is now a lot easier to penetrate. Not to mention all the talk of Semin to the KHL.

deytookerjaabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 11:14 AM
AmericanDream
Puck You

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsernameWasTaken View Post
James Mirtle ‏@mirtle

Sounds like it's down to the Devils and Wild for Parise. @MolinariPG says the Penguins are out of the mix.
well, we still havent heard from any Hawks "insiders" as being out....

they all must be at the Naperville rib fest and just stopped reporting on this stuff as it really dragged out and was affecting peoples personal lives...

Old
07-04-2012, 11:15 AM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

RT @StarTribune: The #MnWild agrees to terms with Suter, still working on Parise. http://strib.mn/Mx7VAF

Old
07-04-2012, 11:15 AM
AmericanDream
Puck You

Quote:
Originally Posted by deytookerjaabs View Post
Do you not watch our regular season stints against the Wings? That team is far from the one with a prime Holmstrom, Rafalski, and Lidstrom. A lot less scary, Carle is to Lidstrom what Leddy is to Campbell, probably even worse. Semin makes one line of theirs a better threat on a team who is now a lot easier to penetrate. Not to mention all the talk of Semin to the KHL.
Carle and Semin are damn good players...Semin has some issues, but are overblown imo... the Wings always find ways to get guys like Semin to come in and kick ass... they will likely target both and their team will be improved bigtime for it...

Old
07-04-2012, 11:17 AM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

i wish we'd improved our team but lol @ detroit missing out on both. that and van missing schultz is somewhat of a consolation.

Old
07-04-2012, 11:18 AM
Illinihockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsernameWasTaken View Post
i wish we'd improved our team but lol @ detroit missing out on both. that and van missing schultz is somewhat of a consolation.
Wings will get Semin and Carle

Illinihockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 340
So now that Parise/Suter are gone I think Stan needs to look into Dubinsky from NYR

Can play 2nd line C (or LW)

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
brtriad

Send a message via AIM to brtriad
Woah. Really didn't see that coming but Detroit tears are sweet.

brtriad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 11:20 AM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinihockey View Post
Wings will get Semin and Carle
there's no guarantee that either improves the team...in fact both might manage to make it worse.

...as we stand now, nashville and detroit are both worse off than last year which is certainly to our benefit.

Old
07-04-2012, 11:20 AM
cherrypik

Wow both 13 year deals.

Reveal the crazy money involved...

cherrypik is offline   Reply With Quote