HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Notices

Suter and Parise

Old
07-04-2012, 02:10 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndgt10 View Post
Since when is trying good enough? You either find a way to get the job done or you're out. Another 1st round exit without improving our glaring holes yet again and he will be on the proverbial hot seat, if he isn't already.
sometimes, it's not the GMs fault that a player doesn't want to sign with us. Should DET fire Holland?

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 02:19 PM
MagicSlap*

Holland hasn't been a good GM for a while now, just saying.

MagicSlap* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 02:21 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 200
Holland hasn't really been impressive for a few years now and his drafting hasn't producted much for Wings in recent years

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 02:25 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

do you hear the Wings saying that the team should fire him? They haven't had much success since losing against the Pens

Old
07-04-2012, 02:33 PM
BobbyJet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Holland hasn't really been impressive for a few years now and his drafting hasn't producted much for Wings in recent years
Oh, that makes it okay then. Wings decline has paralleled Lidstrom's and now that he is retired Wings are rather desperate to fill the void left by he and Rafalski before him. They are no longer a force, so if we want to look for a benchmark, look to Kings or Canucks out west.

BobbyJet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 02:36 PM
Sarava

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
do you hear the Wings saying that the team should fire him? They haven't had much success since losing against the Pens
Unlike our current GM, Holland has a long track record of success. That buys him some down years, as he's had recently.

Sarava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 02:41 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

3 years now... future looks bad. Not sure why Holland should be considered as good GM anymore now.

No more Lidstrom, no more Stuart - nobody replaced them. He had success, that's true... 5 years ago and in a time when he could throw money left and right

Old
07-04-2012, 03:18 PM
Illinihockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarava View Post
Unlike our current GM, Holland has a long track record of success. That buys him some down years, as he's had recently.
Here are the Wings since salary cap was put in place

and go into next year with an even worse team.

Holland did a lot of damage in the pre-cap era when the Wings could just outspend everyone.

Illinihockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 03:19 PM
Illinihockey

Parise said came down to NJ or Minn

Illinihockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 03:40 PM
Sarava

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinihockey View Post
Parise said came down to NJ or Minn
So the Hawks probably came between 3rd and 5th there. And Suter said it came down to Nashville, Detroit and Minnesota. So they didn't finish top 3 there.

It sounds like the Hawks weren't really too hard after either of these guys after all. A lot of fluff was thrown out by the media...you wonder if the Hawks put that our there to make it look like they were trying?

Aww shucks, we tried!

Sarava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 03:43 PM
HockeySensible
NHL Says...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarava View Post
So the Hawks probably came between 3rd and 5th there. And Suter said it came down to Nashville, Detroit and Minnesota. So they didn't finish top 3 there.

It sounds like the Hawks weren't really too hard after either of these guys after all. A lot of fluff was thrown out by the media...you wonder if the Hawks put that our there to make it look like they were trying?

Aww shucks, we tried!
Yes, which teams the players narrowed their list down to obviously shows how hard a team went after them.

With Parise, it's rather obvious that there was no 3rd, 4th, 5th or 6th.. it was Minny (home) or NJ (second home). Suter sounded like he could have been won over.. but, with Parise and Suter both admitting they were in contact with each other the entire time it seems unlikely any team could have landed him once Minny made contract offers to both.

HockeySensible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 03:44 PM
unbridledid

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyJet View Post
Oh, that makes it okay then. Wings decline has paralleled Lidstrom's and now that he is retired Wings are rather desperate to fill the void left by he and Rafalski before him. They are no longer a force, so if we want to look for a benchmark, look to Kings or Canucks out west.
When the Canucks win more than the presidents trophy I will consider them a benchmark worthy of our attention.

unbridledid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 04:22 PM
MadhouseOnMadison
Man crush on Amonte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
Actually yeah, pretty often recently.

MadhouseOnMadison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 04:48 PM
Hawkaholic

What GM has done a lot and actually won something?
Dean Lombardi did, and guess what? He didn't do ANYTHING for YEARS..patience is a virtue.

What GMs have done a lot of trading and signing big free agents without winning anything? Almost every GM in the league.

There is no one way to win, and over spending for crap FA's is definitely not the way to go.

Hawkaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 05:13 PM
InTOEWSweTrust
Free Morin

25 million dollar signing bonus is nasty, they both got crosby money, no offense but neither of them are worth that type of money.

hopefully some of our prospects start turning out, at least right now we are no worse than last year and Detroit and nashville are considerably worse, so at least there is some hope.

InTOEWSweTrust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 05:13 PM
No Fun Shogun
Global Moderator
34-38-61-10-13

vCash: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by unbridledid View Post
When the Canucks win more than the presidents trophy I will consider them a benchmark worthy of our attention.
Since when did people care about those?

No Fun Shogun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 05:28 PM
madgoat33

what a bunch of prima donna doucheholes. First they collude, then they keep pushing back their announcement just to **** over the other teams interested in them.

/LBJ hate.

madgoat33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 06:22 PM
HawksRule7
Fehr the Reaper

Kane and Toews signing identical deals was cool. Parise and Suter doing it with the Wild is pretty annoying. But hey as BWC mentioned, the Suter deal sure makes Seabs' extension look even nicer. Hit the trade market, Stan.

HawksRule7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 08:06 PM
Bring Back GLR
Commit to the Indian

I'm pretty shocked they both signed with the Wild. Parise gets a taste of playoff success then all of a sudden takes 5 steps backwards. Suter does the same thing. I thought at least they would take a 3/4 year deal with the Hawks get a Cup along the way, opt for free agency then Parise would go back to Minny to cash in big time, Suter maybe the same.

Just seeing how they took so long and the money they're getting paid is ****ing sic. Neither one of them is worth it. I wanted them both here cuz they would have meshed well with our stars, and Tazer, Kane, Parise line would have been fabulous.

Parise is a good leader and has proven it to some extent, but nowhere clutch as Toews, Kane and Sharp have been (excluding this year). Suter is not a Norris trophy winner or even a nominee it just so happened the Free Agent class was so weak this year and his stock just rose through the roof. I'd take Seabs and Keith over him any day. Oh well onward and upward.

Bring Back GLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 11:36 PM
Martini*
Gods Team

So I guess this means there wont be any more cap geek simulations on how the Hawks can fit both here, still keep the core intact, and have pennies left over?

Neither were coming to Chicago.

Martini* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 01:36 AM
AmericanDream
Wakey Wakey Davey!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martini View Post
So I guess this means there wont be any more cap geek simulations on how the Hawks can fit both here, still keep the core intact, and have pennies left over?

Neither were coming to Chicago.
if we go into this season with the same team we are dead in the water...

this team has issues that hasnt been addressed since the 2010-11 season...

we have holes at #2 center, we lack a legit top 4 defense core, we really dont have a physical presence from top down, our power play and penalty kill still sucks balls, we have goaltending question marks....yeah I can see how positive we all should be relying on the same 6-8 guys to perform every night..

this team needs to go after some free agents or make a trade like BWC states,,,,

Brandon Dubinsky had a down year, but thats when you strike and bring him to the fold. he is the perfect physical #2 center you can imagine, and if Bowman doesnt know who Peter Mueller is or that hes a hockey player, this is the next best move....

we need a #2 center, as well as another top 4 dman this season...anything less is unacceptable imo...

AmericanDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 01:44 AM
WarriorofTime

At least they didn't go to Detroit. Bring on the Dead Wings. Can't wait for all the Wings fans that haven't seen them be bad in their lifetime to have to watch them the next few years. We'll see how strong "Hockeytown" holds up.

WarriorofTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 01:57 AM
TwistedWrister90
Thug Nasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorofTime View Post
At least they didn't go to Detroit. Bring on the Dead Wings. Can't wait for all the Wings fans that haven't seen them be bad in their lifetime to have to watch them the next few years. We'll see how strong "Hockeytown" holds up.
maybe they can put ghost town across center ice instead?

TwistedWrister90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 02:11 AM
AmericanDream
Wakey Wakey Davey!!

I am very happy that the Wings struck out on both Parise and Suter...

I am also thrilled that they missed out on Matt Carle as well...

their last ditch effort should be for Semin, but I even doubt that...I think the Red Wings actually turn into the cesspool that they should have been, as free agents dont want to live anywhere near that dump...

AmericanDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 02:26 AM
TwistedWrister90
Thug Nasty

i don't think the wings will be THAT bad. they still have datsyuk, zetterberg, franzen, filppula, kronwall, howard, bertuzzi, holmstrom, etc.

they just signed tootoo to whoop some ass. have a legit shot at semin. russians do well in detroit. they're still a solid playoff team IMO, but the D needs some work. lidstrom did so much for them. should be interesting to see what happens over the next few years. i don't know much about their prospects.

and the city of detroit sucks a lot of ass, but there are a lot of nice suburbs

but i'm also very glad they didn't pick up parise, suter, or carle. the wings definitely will not be as dominant as the wings i grew up with. good news lol

TwistedWrister90 is offline   Reply With Quote