Notices

DAL trades Ott/Pardy to BUF for Roy

Old
07-02-2012, 08:43 PM
McTank

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prophet of Glennie View Post
Because other teams fan's wanted Roy? You realize the majority of the Roy's proposals were from other teams fans, not Sabres, and when other teams fans wanted Roy for a "third liner and a 7th defensemen", you know what Buffalo fans said?

"Wow what a horrible trade Regier hangs up on that, Roy is a leader, he's a PPG centre, why would we trade him for that?

Now it's "he's a cancer", "he's horrible", "What a great trade for buffalo!".

And if Buffalo fans were saying that before he was traded, I'm sorry but they're just idiots.
If you look on our board all of our proposals were moving roy not to mention the various hate threads on him, and I would love to find someone who said Roy is a leader because just about every sabres fan I have talked to over the last year has said the opposite. And a PPG center is quite the stretch aswell. I dont think its a bad trade for you guys at all but suggesting Roy should be captain or Roy was misused is just plain false. He'll do his part offensively and thats about it. I think it worked out nicely for both teams

McTank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2012, 08:45 PM
Mr Misty
The Irons Are Back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabres_phan View Post
You need to troll some old threads on the Sabres board then. lol

In the past 5 years or so, you'll find no notable Sabre more despised by the fanbase than Derek Roy, with the possible exception of Tim Connolly. There is much rejoicing in Buffalo today. The organization has been trying to trade Roy for 3 years and today is a great day for Sabres fans everywhere. Believe it!
We get that it is hard being on the other side of a deal like this, look at the Ribeiro trade, but thanks for sharing!

We traded a 3rd liner and a negative value defenseman (Sabres have 9 NHL D men now) for a #2C. It is an okay day for Stars fans as well.

Mr Misty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2012, 08:47 PM
Faidh ar Rud Eigin
Modhnóirí Claonta

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheyAreGoodScaryGood View Post
If you look on our board all of our proposals were moving roy not to mention the various hate threads on him, and I would love to find someone who said Roy is a leader because just about every sabres fan I have talked to over the last year has said the opposite. And a PPG center is quite the stretch aswell. I dont think its a bad trade for you guys at all but suggesting Roy should be captain or Roy was misused is just plain false. He'll do his part offensively and thats about it. I think it worked out nicely for both teams
I don't care what your board is saying, all the Sabres fans on the main trade board rarely said anything negative about Roy, and they wanted an arm and a leg for him in trade deals.

You guys are just in denial you lost the trade, and like I said before, it's hilarious to see all the "negatives" come out after he's traded.

Faidh ar Rud Eigin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2012, 08:48 PM
CaptPantalones

Buffalo fan here. Roy looked great before he got hurt 2 years ago. But his problems with Lindy Ruff really hurt the locker room. But hes a useful scorer, good passer and can kill penalties

But more then excited to have a guy like Ott

CaptPantalones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2012, 08:50 PM
McTank

Quote:
I don't care what your board is saying, all the Sabres fans on the main trade board rarely said anything negative about Roy, and they wanted an arm and a leg for him in trade deals.

You guys are just in denial you lost the trade, and like I said before, it's hilarious to see all the "negatives" come out after he's traded.
You dont say bad things about a player when your trying to get high value for him gotta think it out. The truth is on our board, whether you care or not. Not to mention he might be a one year rental

Old
07-02-2012, 08:52 PM
MyersMagic57*

Quote:

Negatives? Do you not read the GBU threads. He normally ends up in the B or the U. There have always been negatives and I think we would know seeing as we are a part of that board. I'm not saying Roy is necessarily going to be a bad thing, but don't expect too much out of him. He isn't exactly the best supporting center for scoring wingers. When Roy went down for 2/3rds of the season in 10-11, Vanek was quoted saying, "I've gotten the puck a lot more." and scored a lot more when he wasn't alongside Roy

MyersMagic57* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2012, 08:53 PM
sabres_phan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Misty View Post
We get that it is hard being on the other side of a deal like this, look at the Ribeiro trade, but thanks for sharing!

We traded a 3rd liner and a negative value defenseman (Sabres have 9 NHL D men now) for a #2C. It is an okay day for Stars fans as well.
I have seen absolutely no exaggeration in any post by a Buffalo fan in this thread. Nice trade for the Stars on paper I suppose, which may be why you seem to be having a difficult time wrapping your head around what you're being told here. I understand - everyone wants to think they won the big trade right after it happens. That's just human nature. Love him or hate him as you will, but Buffalo has/had no love for Derek Roy.

That said, with it being a contract year, he'll probably have great stats for you guys this year. I'd be wary about signing him long-term however.

sabres_phan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2012, 08:54 PM
Phil Connors*

Quote:
You dont say bad things about a player when your trying to get high value for him gotta think it out. The truth is on our board, whether you care or not. Not to mention he might be a one year rental
Doesn't matter what fans say, they aren't the ones making the trade...

Phil Connors* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
MetalGodAOD
Star Rangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnholyPrince View Post
You can find the same posts from us about Ott. Both teams were done with their respective players, and needed a change.
Quoting myself again for the Buffalo fans here.

MetalGodAOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Faidh ar Rud Eigin
Modhnóirí Claonta

Quote:
You aren't actually trading for a player when you post proposals, why would you lie about a player?

And the more Sabres fans that come posting here only proves the point more that you guys are trying to justify a terrible trade for you.

Old
07-02-2012, 08:55 PM
sabres_phan

Quote:
Quoting myself again for the Buffalo fans here.
Is any small part of you sad to see Ott leave?

If so, it's not the same.

Old
07-02-2012, 08:56 PM
MetalGodAOD
Star Rangers

Quote:
I have seen absolutely no exaggeration in any post by a Buffalo fan in this thread. Nice trade for the Stars on paper I suppose, which may be why you seem to be having a difficult time wrapping your head around what you're being told here. I understand - everyone wants to think they won the big trade right after it happens. That's just human nature. Love him or hate him as you will, but Buffalo has/had no love for Derek Roy.

That said, with it being a contract year, he'll probably have great stats for you guys this year. I'd be wary about signing him long-term however.
And we can tell you that Steve Ott takes stupid penalties at bad times, gets kicked out of the game in key moments, can't score on a breakaway to save his life, and other bad things.

Neither player is perfect.. that's why they got traded. I don't get why this is so hard to understand. Stars fans are as happy about this trade as you guys are.

Old
MetalGodAOD
Star Rangers

Quote:
Is any small part of you sad to see Ott leave?

If so, it's not the same.
The person? Yes. Steve loved it here and was a good guy off the ice.

The player? no.

Old
MyersMagic57*

Quote:
You aren't actually trading for a player when you post proposals, why would you lie about a player?

And the more Sabres fans that come posting here only proves the point more that you guys are trying to justify a terrible trade for you.
Both teams win out of this trade. Dallas gets a #2C that could work out or could not but doesn't matter since its only 4M for one year and Buffalo gets a bigger player that they lost when they traded Gaustad and proceeded to become the leagues smallest team. Both teams fill needs

Old
07-02-2012, 08:57 PM
sabres_phan

Quote:
And we can tell you that Steve Ott takes stupid penalties at bad times, gets kicked out of the game in key moments, can't score on a breakaway to save his life, and other bad things.

Neither player is perfect.. that's why they got traded. I don't get why this is so hard to understand. Stars fans are as happy about this trade as you guys are.
All good dude. Good luck with your team!

Old
07-02-2012, 08:58 PM
Satan
& try another year

Quote:
I didnt know you were the Sabres GM, good to know

Satan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2012, 08:58 PM
Faidh ar Rud Eigin
Modhnóirí Claonta

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyersMagic57 View Post
Both teams win out of this trade. Dallas gets a #2C that could work out or could not but doesn't matter since its only 4M for one year and Buffalo gets a bigger player that they lost when they traded Gaustad and proceeded to become the leagues smallest team. Both teams fill needs
If this was your team trading a horrible defensemen that would have been in the AHL making 2 million and a third liner for a second line centre would you be saying both teams won the trade?

Old
07-02-2012, 08:59 PM
McTank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Gary Oak View Post
I didnt know you were the Sabres GM, good to know
Is that not basic business logic? You dont say this guy sucks gimme lots for him

Old
07-02-2012, 09:01 PM
MyersMagic57*

Quote:
If this was your team trading a horrible defensemen that would have been in the AHL making 2 million and a third liner for a second line centre would you be saying both teams won the trade?
depends. Still fills needs for both teams. It is better to get something out of Roy now rather than letting him walk next season when he really won't be needed this season.

Old
07-02-2012, 09:01 PM
Phil Connors*

Quote:
Is that not basic business logic? You dont say this guy sucks gimme lots for him
^^^^^^^^
Not getting it.

Phil Connors* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2012, 09:03 PM
McTank

Quote:

Alright I'm just trying to stop you from getting your hopes up. You clearly think Derek Roy is Getzlaf though so carry on. And obviously you arent trading players but you sell them so you can try and get a sense for there value. You try and do the things a real GM would do to get a better sense of his value. It was agreed on our board a couple days ago that roy for ott was a good deal. You can check it out if you want or you can carry on praising him

Old
07-02-2012, 09:05 PM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginblossoms View Post
I've got the Stars gaining $975K.

Roy - $4M
Ott - $2.95M
Pardy - $2M

... per nhlnumbers.com
We lose exactly a million. Pardy didn't count much though, so really we gain 1M in a way, but that's only if he stays in the AHL.

LatvianTwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2012, 09:06 PM
Faidh ar Rud Eigin
Modhnóirí Claonta

Quote:
Alright I'm just trying to stop you from getting your hopes up. You clearly think Derek Roy is Getzlaf though so carry on. And obviously you arent trading players but you sell them so you can try and get a sense for there value. You try and do the things a real GM would do to get a better sense of his value. It was agreed on our board a couple days ago that roy for ott was a good deal. You can check it out if you want or you can carry on praising him
Where did I imply he's Getzalf? You're just a poor Sabres fan's who's in denial his GM made a bad trade and has decided to tell Dallas fans he's like Kyle Wellwood's evil, cancer in the lockeroom twin to make yourself feel better.

Last edited by piqued: 07-02-2012 at 09:16 PM. Reason: ...
Old
07-02-2012, 09:07 PM
Bennrocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by LatvianTwist View Post
We lose exactly a million. Pardy didn't count much though, so really we gain 1M in a way, but that's only if he stays in the AHL.
well yes but no matter how much money gaglardi has that is still 2 million in real dollars that we aren't paying pardy

Bennrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2012, 09:08 PM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennrocks View Post
well yes but no matter how much money gaglardi has that is still 2 million in real dollars that we aren't paying pardy
We're paying Roy 5.5M this year for a 4M cap hit.

What concerns me is how we're gonna get to the cap floor now. Benn and Doan alone probably will get us there, but it'll be tight. And we still need a 3rd line winger to replace Ott.

LatvianTwist is offline   Reply With Quote