HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Calgary Flames
Notices

Vancouver vs Edmonton. Who do you cheer for?

View Poll Results: Vancouver or Edmonton
Vancouver Canucks 8 17.39%
Edmonton Oilers 38 82.61%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Old
07-02-2012, 08:26 PM
Trae

vCash: 50
I have never really hated the Oilers, but on the management side, I am not impressed. Vancouver is a more respectable organization in that regard but outside of that and about 5 or so players, I really dislike the rest of their players and fans (not all fans, obviously). On the flipside, I enjoy watching Edmonton because their core of players right now are players I enjoyed watching in junior. So I respect the Canucks organization more, but there's no other team I dislike more than Vancouver. I don't respect Edmonton as much, but I don't have a problem with their team or their fans for that matter, a fun team to watch. So I'd cheer for them.

Trae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2012, 08:30 PM
Xelstyle

vCash: 500
First thought that came into mind was Edmonton as Vancouver has been as classless as they come.

Then the internal debate began.
Honestly having a terrible time picking. Objectively speaking (which is nigh impossible), Edmonton clearly has the shiny up and coming factor for them but Vancouver is a much more "respectable" organization.

Honestly though, I think I would much rather have the Canucks destroy the Oilers. You can't deny the 'Nucks talent while Edmonton fans have been trumpeting theirs for years with still nothing to show of yet.

Yeah, I think that works for me.

Edit: Also, between seeing the Canucks getting a top 3 seed in the conference or the Oilers in the basement, you can't go wrong with keeping things the way they are.

Xelstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 04:50 PM
swany

I'm an Oiler fan in Edmonton and I find these post absolutely priceless you guys are killing it lol

swany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 04:53 PM
CGYPUKSUX
The No Kool-aid Zone

Vancouver versus Edmonton. Who do I cheer for? Injuries!

CGYPUKSUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 05:03 PM
DBU
Gotta Go Fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityIggy View Post
Whoever wins the East.
This is the correct answer.

But probably Edmonton, though it might kill me first.

DBU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 05:14 PM
Money Baer
COYS

Hate both teams.

My hate scale:

Hate >>> Oilers

Hate >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> nucks.

Money Baer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 06:01 PM
Janko Unchained
Flames CBA Guy

vCash: 240
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck Sauce View Post
This is the correct answer.

But probably Edmonton, though it might kill me first.
I can see it now...
"Flames fan bonsai's in front of C-Train when asked who would he cheer for first: Edmonton or Vancouver?"

Janko Unchained is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 06:06 PM
HighLifeMan
HFB Partner

vCash: 152
If I absolutely had to chose between these two teams currently, I would cheer for Edmonton without a doubt.

They are not relevant as it stands today. Vancouver on the other hand "currently" has a legitimate cup contending roster.

I would rather cheer for the Oilers to win 40 games, then to cheer for Vancouver challenging for a championship.Yes, I realize that disregards the OP's question, but that will never happen

Essentially, My hate for these two teams is measured by the success they are having at any given time.

Last edited by HighLifeMan: 07-03-2012 at 06:12 PM.
HighLifeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 10:23 PM
jumptheshark
Give the dog a bone

vCash: 1531
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unlimited Chequing View Post
The Oilers are a crappier team than the Canucks, but my distaste for the Oilers goes back to growing up in the 80's when there was such a huge rivalry. On the other hand, I've learned to dislike the Canucks almost purely because of their fans over the last decade (of course I'm not generalizing and saying all fans are *****).

I say neither. I just can't do it.
we are not supposed to talk about their fans because that gets them mad

jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 10:43 PM
DBU
Gotta Go Fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Brostopolous View Post
I can see it now...
"Flames fan bonsai's in front of C-Train when asked who would he cheer for first: Edmonton or Vancouver?"
Pretty much.

DBU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 10:45 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 354
The way I see it if Edmonton wins the cup we will never hear the end of how coming in dead last is the greatest plan ever. So I will cheer against that at all costs

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 10:46 PM
Janko Unchained
Flames CBA Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGleninator View Post
The way I see it if Edmonton wins the cup we will never hear the end of how coming in dead last is the greatest plan ever. So I will cheer against that at all costs
You already cheered for the Canucks in the last playoffs, so what does it matter?

Old
07-03-2012, 10:49 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 354
Quote:
You already cheered for the Canucks in the last playoffs, so what does it matter?
Yea I like the canucks but would you rather listen to "Yea we finally won" or "See sucking for ever works you guys are doomed until you tank"

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 11:25 PM
Yammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skobel24 View Post
I wonder if the Oilers vs Canucks rivalry is similar to ours? I've never really looked into it.
Hm. For me, no. I don't care for the Oilers because they (and the Eskimos) had the tendency to stroll into Vancouver, abuse the opponent, and leave, probably cackling. But now that the Canucks (and Lions) are somewhat good, I am not feeling so cranky about the Oil.

I mean, for now...they are Pittsburgh West, a bunch of top picks ready to unleash holy heck on the conference as soon as the figure out how to play the game at the NHL level.

Calgary, now...Calgary is a nice city and all, I just had a very nice week at the Germain, some nice runs on the riverwalk...however, I will never cheer for the Flames. That dirty, puck-kicking Joel Otto...no. Never.

Yammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 11:29 PM
Yammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trae View Post
I have never really hated the Oilers, but on the management side, I am not impressed. Vancouver is a more respectable organization in that regard but outside of that and about 5 or so players, I really dislike the rest of their players and fans (not all fans, obviously). On the flipside, I enjoy watching Edmonton because their core of players right now are players I enjoyed watching in junior. So I respect the Canucks organization more, but there's no other team I dislike more than Vancouver. I don't respect Edmonton as much, but I don't have a problem with their team or their fans for that matter, a fun team to watch. So I'd cheer for them.
As a Canuck fan, I admit that I am not a huge fan of players that tumbleweed, bite, dive or lip off in general. It's somewhat agonizing now but you have to understand, the team is a lot better...we had Cooke and Ruutu at the same time....

Agitation is my least favourite part of hockey, by far.

Yammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 12:19 AM
Stewie Griffin
Benevolent Overlord

vCash: 1440
Quote:
Yea I like the canucks but would you rather listen to "Yea we finally won" or "See sucking for ever works you guys are doomed until you tank"
I see the logic there, but I'd still be cheering for the asteroid.

Stewie Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 12:43 AM
FLAMES666
Retrofit not Rebuild

I hate the Oilers organization because well their the Oilers. But not only do I hate the Canucks, but I think I hate every individual on the team as well. My hate level for the Canucks exceeds the Oilers.

FLAMES666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 12:55 AM
Janko Unchained
Flames CBA Guy

Quote:
We already have people saying that about Pittsburgh and Chicago, so it isn't like anything would really change.

Old
07-04-2012, 01:21 AM
Xelstyle

Quote:
We already have people saying that about Pittsburgh and Chicago, so it isn't like anything would really change.
Well much rather either of those two teams win multiple championships over the Oilers. That is all.

Xelstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 02:12 PM
sem1

kesler, burrows, bertuzzi, ruutu, luongo, cooke, bieksa, the sisters, ohlund, marc crawford iam sure iam forgetting some

smyth, horcoff. stortini.......

thats the mean reason ive hated the canucks. ever since the bure, linden, ronning days were over theyve just filled there team with hateable players. ive never really hated too many of the oilers players. actually really like eberle for his heroics in the world juniors.

plus i find vancouver fans far less educated about hockey and just flat out more annoying and ignorant. thats even including all the oilers fans who think they are guaranteed a cup after this years of sucking plan is over. lets not forget the riots either.

the vancouver canuck ora is just far more hateable to me. there is nothing more in the world i hate more then the vancouver canucks

sem1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 02:28 PM
WhereIsIt
#gift

Battle of Alberta is long dead. I cheer for the Oilers against any team except for Calgary.

I'm 21 and I can't remember the last time Calgary vs. Edmonton was a big deal for any other reason than people older than me told me so.

WhereIsIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 05:32 PM
Volica

Quote:
My interest about the oiler rebuild, is I think they managed to get pretty poor years to tank.

I like ebs the most... And he was just a normal selection. I don't see a toews or Crosby on edm

Volica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 09:12 PM
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**

I wouldn't cheer for either one. **** them both.

StreakingRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 09:13 PM
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Erixons Dad View Post
Battle of Alberta is long dead. I cheer for the Oilers against any team except for Calgary.

I'm 21 and I can't remember the last time Calgary vs. Edmonton was a big deal for any other reason than people older than me told me so.

I'm still as pumped for the BoA today as I've always been. That will never change. A win over the Oilers always makes my night.

StreakingRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 09:56 PM
DouglasQuaid
Blabbed about Mars

I think I hate each team fairly equally. Normally I'd be on the asteroid bandwagon, but I'd be cheering for the Nuge. So, I cheer for the Oilers. I need a shower.

DouglasQuaid is offline   Reply With Quote