HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Calgary Flames
Notices

Vancouver vs Edmonton. Who do you cheer for?

View Poll Results: Vancouver or Edmonton
Vancouver Canucks 8 17.39%
Edmonton Oilers 38 82.61%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Old
07-05-2012, 12:07 AM
SB47

vCash: 500
I could care less for either team. One team has arrogant fans(i.e. Van) and one team has fans who live in world where no Self-respect exists. Either way I don't see the Canucks win the cup anytime soon and I don't think the oilers organization will either. Go back in history and check how team with just skill have panned out. You need gritt and heart aswell to win the Holy grail of Hockey. Prime example look at the Caps all the skill in the world in that organization but no Gritt. I would rather cheer for a one legged stripper than these two teams.

SB47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 12:34 AM
MVW

vCash: 50
I'll cheer for the Flyers thank you.

MVW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 10:13 AM
bigchief12

When the Oilers win (as long as it's not against the Flames) I raise an eyebrow slightly and think to myself "hmm, the Oilers won a game". When the Oilers lose, I chuckle and slap my knee while shaking my head and think "man, Oilers lost again!".

When the Canucks are playing, I think "die, die, die, die!" (figuratively of course).

So anyway, Oilers if I had to choose.

bigchief12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 12:40 PM
South Indian Stunna

Question for Flames fans, does your hate for the Canucks have parallels for why we Oilers fans hate them? I.E. a team which has never tasted success in their existence likes to constantly chirp those who have?

The current roster of the Canucks is just secondary. Hell, it's looking likely that Luongo is gone so I'm rather indifferent to them at this stage.

South Indian Stunna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 09:17 PM
wreckless

does it bother anyone that the fact that vancouver as a city is so beautiful and livable, along with amazing facilities, that these 'discounts' fa's seem to take to play here will continue and always give the franchise a slight edge going forward?

while the other end of the argument would be non beautiful/livable cities having to over pay free agents will result in a slight disadvantage going forward?

i mean look at detroit, it seems even the 'history' and 'culture' is starting to fade away thanks to economic standards. the modern athlete actually cares about these things..

just sayin.

wreckless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 09:38 PM
Stewie Griffin
Bruinswagoner #4762

Quote:
Originally Posted by South Indian Stunna View Post
Question for Flames fans, does your hate for the Canucks have parallels for why we Oilers fans hate them? I.E. a team which has never tasted success in their existence likes to constantly chirp those who have?
Yeah I think so.

I see Edmonton as more of a rivalry. I just hate Vancouver (and really, it's mostly due to a select group of "fans")

Stewie Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 10:02 PM
MarkGio

vCash: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by wreckless View Post
does it bother anyone that the fact that vancouver as a city is so beautiful and livable, along with amazing facilities, that these 'discounts' fa's seem to take to play here will continue and always give the franchise a slight edge going forward?

while the other end of the argument would be non beautiful/livable cities having to over pay free agents will result in a slight disadvantage going forward?

i mean look at detroit, it seems even the 'history' and 'culture' is starting to fade away thanks to economic standards. the modern athlete actually cares about these things..

just sayin.
Depends who you're asking. In Alberta, people have the opportunity to build prosperity like no other province. It's hard to find work in Vancouver, and personally, I would never move there while the economy in Alberta remains world class. Maybe hockey players care about shopping malls and rainy winters, but those who aren't pompous entertainers who's sole purpose is to compete to be a better entertainer, enjoy more practical commodities. Depending on who's paradigm you choose, I would argue that Fort Mac, Edmonton/Nisku, GP or Calgary are much more livable cities to live in.

MarkGio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 02:51 PM
TherapyforGlencross
Regular HFer

As much as I hate Edmonton, I had to go with Vancouver.

TherapyforGlencross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 03:07 PM
Flames CBA Guy
Y is Colborne in SO?

vCash: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by wreckless View Post

just sayin.
I don't know if you've been to Calgary, but I (and apparently a boat load of magazines and organizations that do city rankings) think it's a beautiful city.

Flames CBA Guy is offline   Reply With Quote