HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

.....Alexander Semin and Matt Carle....why not??

Old
07-03-2012, 09:21 PM
ChiGuySez
Showtime

vCash: 500
Big no on Semin. The only Russian forward I'd consider is someone already drafted by the Hawks and that would be Shalunov with development in the AHL.

ChiGuySez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 11:04 PM
BBH
34|38|61|10|13

Send a message via Skype™ to BBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanDream View Post
cant be any worse then Sharp, I say give him a chance...
Are you my daddy?

BBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 11:09 PM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGuySez View Post
Big no on Semin. The only Russian forward I'd consider is someone already drafted by the Hawks and that would be Shalunov with development in the AHL.
I'd consider Malkin...but only if the price was low

UsernameWasTaken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 11:12 PM
BBH
34|38|61|10|13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGuySez View Post
+ =

They do not mix, never have, never will. ECSPECIALLY one with known attitude problems, like UWT has said.

Old
07-03-2012, 11:13 PM
BBH
34|38|61|10|13

Delete.

Old
07-04-2012, 01:50 AM
AmericanDream
Puck You

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelugasandBHawks View Post
+ =

They do not mix, never have, never will. ECSPECIALLY one with known attitude problems, like UWT has said.
Zhamnov did just fine here...

He only took **** because he was traded for a guy the city loved; Roenick. Zhamnov performed very well as a Hawk, not saying Semin is the same player or character as Zhamnov, but we have done okay with some Russians....at least higher level ones...

Sergie Krivokrasov anyone???

AmericanDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 11:47 AM
AmericanDream
Puck You

okay, now that this scenario is now happening, I say got get em Stan, we need some help, and if you went hard after signing both Suter and Parise, there is no reason why we cant push hard for Carle or Semin....

I dont want to hear about Semin and his character, the guy has issues just like Kane, but talent is talent, and motivate his ass to play in a hockey mad city like Chicago with a big Russian population...

Old
07-04-2012, 11:49 AM
InTOEWSweTrust
Free Morin

Sam gagne, johnathon bernier bobby Ryan ok Bowman make it happen

InTOEWSweTrust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 11:50 AM
AmericanDream
Puck You

Quote:
Originally Posted by InTOEWSweTrust View Post
Sam gagne, johnathon bernier bobby Ryan ok Bowman make it happen
who do we move for Gagne???

who do we move for Ryan??

who do we move for Bernier???

as much as I want center help, is Gagne and his small frame really ideal? I am sure Edmonton will be asking a lot for him, not sure hes worth it...but it would be interesting to entertain...

Old
07-04-2012, 11:52 AM
ClydeLee

It wasn't like going after Parise was just to add another top player to the core.. It's also highly about production and style of play. Adding another big deal going with another skilled man who has a big of reluctance to battle isn't going to solve their big issues.

ClydeLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 11:53 AM
InTOEWSweTrust
Free Morin

Quote:
who do we move for Gagne???

who do we move for Ryan??

who do we move for Bernier???

as much as I want center help, is Gagne and his small frame really ideal? I am sure Edmonton will be asking a lot for him, not sure hes worth it...but it would be interesting to entertain...
Hammer for gagne they need D prolly take more than just that though

Old
07-04-2012, 11:58 AM
AmericanDream
Puck You

Quote:
Originally Posted by InTOEWSweTrust View Post
Hammer for gagne they need D prolly take more than just that though
maybe, but it would likely be Hammer and a top prospect....and that is doubtful on the Oilers end...

we dont have enough to give for Ryan, it would cost too much of what we dont have ...young NHL ready players which is what the Ducks want..

Old
07-04-2012, 12:06 PM
InTOEWSweTrust
Free Morin

Quote:
maybe, but it would likely be Hammer and a top prospect....and that is doubtful on the Oilers end...

we dont have enough to give for Ryan, it would cost too much of what we dont have ...young NHL ready players which is what the Ducks want..
I can American dream can't I ? Lol

Old
07-04-2012, 12:17 PM
MurrayBannerman
Fishbulb

vCash: 50
I'm getting the impression they both want a metric ton of cash.

MurrayBannerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 01:47 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

no chance for Bobby Ryan. Ducks want a #2 Center + for him.

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 01:49 PM
TorMenT
Go Blackhawks!

So trade them Kruger, he's OUR #2 center

TorMenT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 01:54 PM
MurrayBannerman
Fishbulb

vCash: 50
McNeil?

MurrayBannerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 02:11 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

they want an actual #2 center...

Old
07-04-2012, 02:13 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 340
Quote:
Zhamnov did just fine here...

He only took **** because he was traded for a guy the city loved; Roenick. Zhamnov performed very well as a Hawk, not saying Semin is the same player or character as Zhamnov, but we have done okay with some Russians....at least higher level ones...

Sergie Krivokrasov anyone???
I liked Krivo

He got flak because he was 1st round pick and people thought he would be more then he became

Fact is that Hawk fans saw everyone else hit jackpot with high quality Russians and figured Krivo would be same but his skillset was that of bottom 6 player not top 6 player

And I also enjoyed Kravchuk and Ulanov while they were with Hawks

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 03:04 PM
hawksfan50

Look --KANE went MIA from mid-Nov to beginmning of March with his disintrested lazy play --yes Semin had only 54 pts each of the last 2 years BUT:

1. Last year WASH played a defense-first block shots style under Hunter--NOT SEMIN"s style at all...

2. 2 seasons ago he was 54 pts BUT only played 65 games --projected to 82 that would be 68 pts and of course we are satisfied paying Kane $6.3 million per for that output (not really but then if Kane at his best is 82-88 pts;Semin at his best is also 80+ pts and 35-40 goals)..

3. So If the price is right --ie. $5-5 .5 million per on a 4 yr deal I think SEMIN on the right team with the right support could give us 70-80 pts and 35-40 goals .. IF he did that the last 2 yrs in WASH nobody would question a team offeroing him Parise numbers in free agency...he could be a brgain...

4. SEMIN flaws: Not a leader;character flaws; doesn't elevate in playoffs--all true..BUT look at the Hawks shooting %'s and tellme we can't use his shot and sniping skill; he does also collect assists so he is not just a shooter...he has had very good seasons witnthe +/- before--why not again? DO not expect him to be a go to saviour numero uno "star" on the team-BUT as one of 5 forward stars in a top 6 -- what other NHL team has such talent as we do up front?

LET STAN and Q fix the D and goalie problems,but adding a 5th elite skilled talent to our top 4 forwards to make 5 is not a bad thing..it only makes it harder to defend us any given night --why?:

--because if Kane is "lazy" and off 40% of the time and id Semin is also -as long as they are not the same "off" in the same game-- you will get one producing when the other may be off..THIS is the very definition of depth of scoring.

Yes we had trouble preventing goals.This does not mean we can't score even more goals and win games that way..You can score the same ,cut goals against and win more--OR you can up your offense and stay the same in goals allowed and win more that way too..

THe 2 great concerns on Semin are him playing over 70 games
only 3 times over his 7 years in the NHL (indicating injury history issues) but he has been productive on a per game basis when he playes except for this past year under Hunter's defense-first block shots system (not using his attacking talents enough)..

In the right system with the right linemates he could shine again. Don't expect toghness or hitting and he must curb stupid undiciplined team hurting penalties...BUT if he can be coached up -if -having been cast off from his team he now realizes what it takles to stay and remain inthe nhl-if this matures him-if he gets in the right system with the right compliment of linemates --THEN he could flourish with all his talent ...that could be 75-90 pts and 35-40 goal talent...he could be a bargain who out produces the great Parise at a lot less price..

hawksfan50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 01:11 AM
AmericanDream
Puck You

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawksfan50 View Post
Look --KANE went MIA from mid-Nov to beginmning of March with his disintrested lazy play --yes Semin had only 54 pts each of the last 2 years BUT:

1. Last year WASH played a defense-first block shots style under Hunter--NOT SEMIN"s style at all...

2. 2 seasons ago he was 54 pts BUT only played 65 games --projected to 82 that would be 68 pts and of course we are satisfied paying Kane $6.3 million per for that output (not really but then if Kane at his best is 82-88 pts;Semin at his best is also 80+ pts and 35-40 goals)..

3. So If the price is right --ie. $5-5 .5 million per on a 4 yr deal I think SEMIN on the right team with the right support could give us 70-80 pts and 35-40 goals .. IF he did that the last 2 yrs in WASH nobody would question a team offeroing him Parise numbers in free agency...he could be a brgain...

4. SEMIN flaws: Not a leader;character flaws; doesn't elevate in playoffs--all true..BUT look at the Hawks shooting %'s and tellme we can't use his shot and sniping skill; he does also collect assists so he is not just a shooter...he has had very good seasons witnthe +/- before--why not again? DO not expect him to be a go to saviour numero uno "star" on the team-BUT as one of 5 forward stars in a top 6 -- what other NHL team has such talent as we do up front?

LET STAN and Q fix the D and goalie problems,but adding a 5th elite skilled talent to our top 4 forwards to make 5 is not a bad thing..it only makes it harder to defend us any given night --why?:

--because if Kane is "lazy" and off 40% of the time and id Semin is also -as long as they are not the same "off" in the same game-- you will get one producing when the other may be off..THIS is the very definition of depth of scoring.

Yes we had trouble preventing goals.This does not mean we can't score even more goals and win games that way..You can score the same ,cut goals against and win more--OR you can up your offense and stay the same in goals allowed and win more that way too..

THe 2 great concerns on Semin are him playing over 70 games
only 3 times over his 7 years in the NHL (indicating injury history issues) but he has been productive on a per game basis when he playes except for this past year under Hunter's defense-first block shots system (not using his attacking talents enough)..

In the right system with the right linemates he could shine again. Don't expect toghness or hitting and he must curb stupid undiciplined team hurting penalties...BUT if he can be coached up -if -having been cast off from his team he now realizes what it takles to stay and remain inthe nhl-if this matures him-if he gets in the right system with the right compliment of linemates --THEN he could flourish with all his talent ...that could be 75-90 pts and 35-40 goal talent...he could be a bargain who out produces the great Parise at a lot less price..

dare I say that fitty has my back in this!!!!

wow, this is a great post, never thought I would say this...

Old
07-05-2012, 08:16 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

thinking about it a bit more, Semin makes a lot of sense. Don't have to give up assets to get him, makes our team better and DET won't get him for sure. Guy knows how to score and is great on the PP. His D is not bad or awful. He just needs to get motivated - can Q do it?

Old
07-05-2012, 08:29 AM
HawkeyLife07

Serious question.. If Alex Semin wasn't Russian and say maybe his name was Eric Bailey, would more people be on board?

HawkeyLife07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 08:39 AM
MadhouseOnMadison
Man crush on Amonte

I'm fine with bringing Semin on board for a year or two but I don't think he's looking for that kind of contract.

And honestly I don't even think Bowman will reach out to him. Has there been any word as to whether Semin is actually on his radar or is everyone just assuming since he's one of the best FAs still available?

MadhouseOnMadison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 03:07 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyLife07 View Post
Serious question.. If Alex Semin wasn't Russian and say maybe his name was Eric Bailey, would more people be on board?
the problem is the effort he shows - better said not shows.

I doubt he would come to us without any russian player on our roster. I expect him to go to the Devils or Wings