HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012 Washington Capitals Development Camp, July 9-14

Old
07-14-2012, 07:56 PM
sk84fun_dc

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberation View Post
Apparently they aren't going to post it, who won the scrimmage today?
Team Red won 4-3 in OT after tying it up late in the third. Syner had the tying goal on a nice pass from Barber (I believe it was Barber) with less than a minute to go and then Miller with the GWG from Iafrate.

sk84fun_dc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2012, 08:40 PM
strungout
Professional Killer

Thanks to everyone for the recaps an opinions.

strungout is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2012, 10:56 PM
artilector

Yep, thanks for the recaps guys, much appreciated.

artilector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2012, 12:04 AM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

How is Nathan Walker looking?

S E P H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2012, 12:14 AM
NatsCaps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ref9 View Post
Big disparity in height and arm length between the two and it showed when all Iafrate tried to do was hold on for dear life at a safe distance. Thought it was a bit bush of Tate to throw a couple while they were down on the ice. All of that being said, thought Tate all around had a decent game and week. Felt bad for Iafrate but he ended on a high note as it was his play in OT when he faked the slapper from the blue line and took the puck down further then passing which led to the goal.
You know what is crazy? Tate is actually the same height as Iafrate and 20-30 lbs lighter (Depending on which listing you believe). I thought the same as you and couldn't believe it. I went back and watched it again and you can see Iafrate is actually quite a bit thicker.

Iafrate is a good fighter, but not an enforcer, still I've never seen him get destroyed like that. Tate is really impressive in his USHL fights as well, even though a lot of guys are bigger than him.

Here's hoping Rissling, Tate, and Wilson all become Caps (Assuming they can play hockey). I hate seeing Backstrom getting elbowed by Bourque and Carter running Green. I want guys that can run over the other team. I'd love to have a team like the Bruins with a bunch of guys that fight, but can play too.

NatsCaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2012, 07:34 AM
RandyHolt
Capitals Station

vCash: 1100
Watching interviews after CapsDevCamp... it was interesting to hear Ribeiro likes righthanded guys and is already looking to dish to Ovi and Green.

Good interview with George, worth a listen. He was asked good questions.

GM: When you go to bed tonight, say a little prayer for the Caps

http://video.capitals.nhl.com/videocenter/

Last edited by RandyHolt: 07-15-2012 at 07:54 AM.
RandyHolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2012, 08:44 AM
Atlas

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyHolt View Post
Watching interviews after CapsDevCamp... it was interesting to hear Ribeiro likes righthanded guys and is already looking to dish to Ovi and Green.

Good interview with George, worth a listen. He was asked good questions.

GM: When you go to bed tonight, say a little prayer for the Caps

http://video.capitals.nhl.com/videocenter/

Thanks, RH. Other than not winning the Cup, I really like George McPhee. Great interview. His Ribeiro answer showed, I think, George's lack of understanding about how important C is. Otherwise, he has a pretty good handle on things.

I'd say George is 98% of a great GM. But we need a 100% guy. He has just a couple weaknesses that I'm afraid will hold him and us back.

I hate attacking the guy on these boards. But I want to win the Cup god damn it!

Atlas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2012, 09:30 PM
sk84fun_dc

Vallorani was just congratulated on twitter by several people over the last few hours for signing with Hershey. No confirmation, but no surprise if it's true given he's finished with his college eligibility and his play.

Last edited by sk84fun_dc: 07-15-2012 at 09:41 PM.
Old
07-15-2012, 09:38 PM
RandyHolt
Capitals Station

Valliorani signed - good for him. He reminded me of MP. That is the first off the radar dcamp prospect I ever saw that I thought had a chance at getting a contract offer, and actually got a contract. The blindfold comes off the squirrel! I am awaiting my keyboard GM diploma.

Old
07-15-2012, 09:53 PM
sk84fun_dc

Quote:
Valliorani signed - good for him. He reminded me of MP. That is the first off the radar dcamp prospect I ever saw that I thought had a chance at getting a contract offer, and actually got a contract. The blindfold comes off the squirrel! I am awaiting my keyboard GM diploma.
Ha, based on that comment, I'm guessing you didn't see camp the year Beagle attended

Definitely thought Vallorani was noticeable each day; was nice to read that others thought the same.

Old
07-15-2012, 09:59 PM
Mr Gone
Green = Man of Glass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlas View Post
Thanks, RH. Other than not winning the Cup, I really like George McPhee. Great interview. His Ribeiro answer showed, I think, George's lack of understanding about how important C is. Otherwise, he has a pretty good handle on things.

I'd say George is 98% of a great GM. But we need a 100% guy. He has just a couple weaknesses that I'm afraid will hold him and us back.

I hate attacking the guy on these boards. But I want to win the Cup god damn it!
This is a 100% true about GMGM. He has poor asset management. He had a handful of diamonds. And held them so tight and for so long they are all turning into cubic zirconia one by one. Sometime you need to sell high on guys like Mike Green or Brooks Laich.

Mr Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2012, 10:09 PM
IafrateOvie34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlas View Post

This is how I feel. I think he is a nice guy and funny when dealing with the media. The Pittsburgh comment at the draft is priceless. He needs to get real aggressive.

Go Caps!

IafrateOvie34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2012, 10:19 AM
sk84fun_dc

HBH announcement about Wietecha and Vallorani

http://www.hersheybears.com/news/detail.php?id=3857

Old
07-16-2012, 10:24 AM
RandyHolt
Capitals Station

Did anyone here notice Wietecha? I remember seeing his name go by but nothing else.

Admittedly, at lot of times when defensemen have great games, you don't notice them. But I would like to think someone here pegged him as AHL worthy. Maybe his age was a factor, George wanted a more mature developed player.

Old
07-16-2012, 10:36 AM
sk84fun_dc

Quote:
Did anyone here notice Wietecha? I remember seeing his name go by but nothing else.

Admittedly, at lot of times when defensemen have great games, you don't notice them. But I would like to think someone here pegged him as AHL worthy. Maybe his age was a factor, George wanted a more mature developed player.
RH, knowing you, you probably remember him from last year when he got in a few fights, with Mitchell and Paquette, IIRC. I was paying attention due to the fact that he was paired with Schilling most of the week and was a returnee after playing last season in the ECHL.

He's a dman and older, so yes, don't always want to notice a player like that in a camp He's a righty dman (and has a good point shot from what I recall seeing) so I think that's a factor in a depth signing for Hershey, in the context that some of the players under contract with HBH will play for Reading with call-ups.

Old
07-16-2012, 10:41 AM
BiPolar Caps
Emotionally Wounded!

Quote:

Didn't notice Wietecha but Vallorani on the other hand most certainly. Didn't Vallorani have points in most of the scrimmages. Don't think he had any on Saturday but I took notice of him especially on white's PP as he had a really good shift and made a heck of a pass to Forsberg. Does Vallorani mean no Aucoin in Hershey?

BiPolar Caps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2012, 10:44 AM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

I noticed Wietecha's shot. Booming slapper, and easily the best I've seen at camp outside of Godfrey.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2012, 10:48 AM
RandyHolt
Capitals Station

Thanks for the quick scouting reports. George accumulating good RH shots, makes sense. I didnt notice his shot, however.

SK8 - I now recognize the name from previous years but only after you mentioned it. I think I missed the live fights last year, as tends to happen to me bugging out after the 1st period to beat HOV restrictions.

Speaking of RH shots, a buddy of mine went to a wedding recently and the best man was Caps 05 draftee Andrew Thomas. He is set to play in Europe this year.

Google FTW

Old
07-16-2012, 12:22 PM
Liberati0n*
Full Hammock

Quote:
Originally Posted by n3ss View Post
If nothing else he's got the potential to give brooks laich-ian interviews one day.
Oh god.

I tried to watch the replay of the scrimmage but had to turn it off after a few minutes. Too hard to identify the players. But it's good to see the reports on here.

Off-topic but I'm watching the Ribeiro interview now...pretty unlikeable guy, unsurprisingly.

Liberati0n* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2012, 12:23 PM
sk84fun_dc

Quote:

Speaking of RH shots, a buddy of mine went to a wedding recently and the best man was Caps 05 draftee Andrew Thomas. He is set to play in Europe this year.
Your friend go to Denver? (oh wait, reading comprehension, n/m, could be plenty of connections)

Austria, IIRC. He's been playing in the NJD org. last few years, bouncing between the ECHL and AHL; last year with call-ups to a few AHL teams.

Old
07-16-2012, 12:46 PM
RandyHolt
Capitals Station

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk84fun_dc View Post
Your friend go to Denver? (oh wait, reading comprehension, n/m, could be plenty of connections)

Austria, IIRC. He's been playing in the NJD org. last few years, bouncing between the ECHL and AHL; last year with call-ups to a few AHL teams.
Not sure how my friend (from DC) ended up at the wedding, you know how it goes. Need a date for a wedding thing perhaps - don't know hardly anyone there! But it was a month ago at Block Island Rhode Island.

Old
07-16-2012, 12:54 PM
Liberati0n*
Full Hammock

Quote:
Not sure how my friend (from DC) ended up at the wedding, you know how it goes. Need a date for a wedding thing perhaps - don't know hardly anyone there! But it was a month ago at Block Island Rhode Island.
I'm just surprised someone was able to recognize Andrew Thomas.

Liberati0n* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2012, 01:31 PM
sk84fun_dc

Quote:
Venturing way OT, but Thomas is from NH, so it's possible that's the connection, New England...

Old
07-16-2012, 01:45 PM
RandyHolt
Capitals Station

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk84fun_dc View Post
Venturing way OT, but Thomas is from NH, so it's possible that's the connection, New England...
Bow NH. Venturing even farther OT, I think I have driven through Bow. I have family up that way and make treks across the state to visit different cities.

Old
07-16-2012, 04:18 PM
RandyHolt
Capitals Station

A great picture of the friday scrimmage goal by Almeida that I wanted to share. Picture taken by Jessica Carpenter - thanks!

Its not easy being a goalie.