HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Notices

2012 Washington Capitals Development Camp, July 9-14

Old
07-04-2012, 07:27 AM
SirKillalot

vCash: 390
Quote:
Originally Posted by fedfed View Post
Link maybe?
It's only in norwegian, but it says:

http://www.vg.no/sport/ishockey/arti...artid=10058587

Quote:
Nå er landslagets andremålvakt, Lars Volden (19), som spiller i finske Espoo Blues, på treningscamp hos Boston Bruins, klubben som draftet ham i sjette runde.

Fredag skal også Vålerenga-keeper Steffen Søberg (18) og Tyskland-klare Andreas Martinsen (22) reise til samling hos Washington Capitals.

Martinsen forlater Lillehammer til fordel for Düsseldorf kommende sesong, mens Søberg - etter å ha spilt meget godt i U18- og U20-VM - ble draftet i runde fire av klubben.
Which means:

Now, the Norwegian National Teams backup goalie, Lars Volden(19), who plays at the finnish club Espoo Blues, is at training camp with the Boston Bruins, the club who draftet him in the sixth round.

Friday, Vålerenga-goalie Steffen Söberg(18) and German-bound Andreas Martinsen(22) are traveling to Washington Capitals training camp(development camp).

Martinsen leaves Lillehammer for german team Düsseldorf this upcoming season, while Söberg - after playing some very good U-18 and U-20 World Championships was drafted in round four by the club(franchise).

Martinsen is mainly a fourth liner, who I believe traveled back to Norway a couple of seasons ago to earn more ice-time to become a better offensive player. Big run & gun guy. I'll guess he has an out-clause in his contract with Düsseldorf.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=11958

https://twitter.com/#!/andreasmartin90

Last edited by SirKillalot: 07-04-2012 at 07:34 AM.
SirKillalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 08:42 AM
fedfed
@FedFedRMNB

vCash: 500
Huge thanks, already found it.

fedfed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 11:18 AM
sk84fun_dc

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirKillalot View Post
That is true. He couldn't play for any team while they held back his license or whatever that is.

He played for Manglerud/Star, which pretty much goes with the nick "youth team" in the Norwegian League. The can't afford much, so they always roster a very young team every year. They got relegated this season.

He is going to play for Vålerenga next season. Signed a four year deal. That is the most succesful club in Norway. Winning some 25+ titles I think. Their head coach is former NHL'er Espen Knutsen. This season they played with Patrick DesRochers in the net.

Interesting to see that Andreas Martinsen is also going to your camp.
Thanks for the info about Martinsen.

sk84fun_dc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 10:09 PM
sk84fun_dc

FA Invite Andrew Ammon, Princeton forward, going into junior season

Princeton profile and hockeydb profile linked in the invite list post.

source

story from 2010 about his background

Last edited by sk84fun_dc: 07-05-2012 at 10:14 PM.
Old
07-06-2012, 08:56 AM
Langway
Intangibles

@dodono18: Off to Princeton tomorrow for @R_ODonoghue24 @dkimmel13 @Infanzon21 lax tourny #teamLongIsland. Then down to D.C for pro camp #Capitals

Dan O'Donoghue, D, Mercyhurst. Set to be captain there. He was at NYI camp last summer.

Langway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 09:03 AM
sk84fun_dc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langway View Post
@dodono18: Off to Princeton tomorrow for @R_ODonoghue24 @dkimmel13 @Infanzon21 lax tourny #teamLongIsland. Then down to D.C for pro camp #Capitals

Dan O'Donoghue, D, Mercyhurst. Set to be captain there. He was at NYI camp last summer.
Thanks! I have a few I've heard about, including one from Mercyhurst (not this guy), so I've been checking Mercyhurst sources, but so far had no confirmation. Also, heard something about a couple of local prospects possibly attending but still in wait and see mode.

By the way, you have twitter right? Can you DM me or email me the name? thanks.

link to the Tri-Captain story; also, along with what I mentioned above about the Caps scouting another Mercyhurst player, of course, they signed Jamie Hunt, first Mercyhurst player to play a game in the NHL.

Last edited by sk84fun_dc: 07-06-2012 at 09:16 AM.
Old
07-06-2012, 09:21 AM
ReggietheSavage15

Martinsen is a BIG boy...

ReggietheSavage15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 09:42 AM
IkeaMonkey*
HF Hall of Famer

Quote:
This season they played with Patrick DesRochers in the net.
Oh man, there's a name that hits home in the "Way back" machine with me. Was never a fan of his...too arrogant.

Is Soberg looking to be the starter for that squad?

IkeaMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 10:14 AM
sk84fun_dc

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamoAO View Post
Oh man, there's a name that hits home in the "Way back" machine with me. Was never a fan of his...too arrogant.

From what I've read, yes and again, he signed a 4 year contract; also, note, the career stats info. for the other/older ('87) goalie under contract, also trained in the same youth system. Jensen

Valerenga roster to date for next season

Old
07-06-2012, 10:20 AM
IkeaMonkey*
HF Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk84fun_dc View Post
From what I've read, yes and again, he signed a 4 year contract; also, note, the career stats info. for the other/older ('87) goalie under contract, also trained in the same youth system. Jensen

5'8" goalie? I'd hope Soberg wins the spot, though he's no tower himself. I personally don't think much will become of Soberg, but why the heck not?!

IkeaMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 11:31 AM
Capitlols

http://instagram.com/p/Mvp2xkk_yQ/

Galiev already here at Kettler. If Kuz had the same desire to make it in the league...

Capitlols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 11:47 AM
ChibiPooky
Caps/Avs/Bills fan

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitlols View Post

Galiev already here at Kettler. If Kuz had the same desire to make it in the league...
That's odd, I thought that said good things about Galiev, not bad things about Kuznetsov.

ChibiPooky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 11:56 AM
Capitlols

I'm bitter.

Old
07-06-2012, 11:57 AM
Halpysback

Quote:

He'd do what's best for his development as a hockey player rather than rush himself to the NHL and get Filatov'd?

Halpysback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 12:03 PM
Capitlols

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halpysback View Post
He'd do what's best for his development as a hockey player rather than rush himself to the NHL and get Filatov'd?
Fail to see the comparison with Filatov. Kuz played over two full years in the top league in Russia and has developed his game to the point where he would be a top 6 winger here. Filatov didn't even have one full year in the Russian top league and went the AHL route. If Kuz doesn't think he's ready, that's his call, but he wouldn't be "rushed" at all.

Old
07-06-2012, 12:30 PM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

Yeah, the best thing for Kuznetsov's hockey development would be playing in an NHL top-6, not the KHL.

His extended stay is about one thing and one thing only--the Olympics. He's not concerned with proper development or any such nonsense. He was told (read: threatened) that he'd have a spot on the team if he stayed home, and might not if he came over.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 12:37 PM
SimplySensational
Heard of Hough

vCash: 888
Quote:
Fail to see the comparison with Filatov. Kuz played over two full years in the top league in Russia and has developed his game to the point where he would be a top 6 winger here. Filatov didn't even have one full year in the Russian top league and went the AHL route. If Kuz doesn't think he's ready, that's his call, but he wouldn't be "rushed" at all.
Uhhh he agreed to stay in Traktor when Hunter was likely to be around again, he saw Wideman and Schultz turn the puck over several times in a game 7 OT and Orlov is scratched for one during the regular season.

SimplySensational is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 01:06 PM
sk84fun_dc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langway View Post

See Langway I trust you enough, I took the Dman note and went with it, he's a forward

Again, thanks for the heads up about the tweet. Making the edit now.

Old
07-06-2012, 01:21 PM
Capitlols

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberation View Post
Uhhh he agreed to stay in Traktor when Hunter was likely to be around again, he saw Wideman and Schultz turn the puck over several times in a game 7 OT and Orlov is scratched for one during the regular season.
What the Hell are you talking about...

Old
07-06-2012, 01:28 PM
Liberati0n*
Full Hammock

vCash: 50
Quote:
#teamLongIsland

Liberati0n* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 03:17 PM
SimplySensational
Heard of Hough

vCash: 888
Quote:
Wideman and Schultz before Ward scored, were getting man handled.

Orlov according to Hunter was scratched because of a turn over against the Rangers in the last game of the season.

SimplySensational is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 03:51 PM
SirKillalot

vCash: 390
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReggietheSavage15 View Post
Martinsen is a BIG boy...

Yeah, he is pretty big.

He played in the World Championships as a fourth liner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk84fun_dc View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamoAO View Post

Looks like it. Don't know if that's the correct path for him though, but he is still young and it's the elite league. Surprised if he spends the full four years there. Maybe two and then off to Sweden?

SirKillalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 04:26 PM
Halpysback

No, he realizes he isn't fully ready and that he can expect getting Orlov'd when he inevitably struggles the first time around as most young prospects do. Which at this stage in his development could significantly limit him. Just look at Colin Wilson. We're a contending team, so we're not gonna give him carefree icetime like we gave out in spades while rebuilding. This isn't Edmonton.

Karl Alzner and Brayden Schenn took their sweet time maturing for the NHL and no one raised a ****storm about it.

Halpysback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 04:39 PM
Skrudland2Lomakin

Poor Galiev, shows up early, first man on the ice, displays an incredible work ethic, only thing talked about "If only Kuz was more like him." Facepalm.

Skrudland2Lomakin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 04:43 PM
sk84fun_dc

Quote:

Looks like it. Don't know if that's the correct path for him though, but he is still young and it's the elite league. Surprised if he spends the full four years there. Maybe two and then off to Sweden?

At this point, playing for a full season is a good next step I agree if he progresses, 4 years in that role does not make sense, but I assume if his performance dictates it, he likely has some form of an option or out clause in the contract at some point.