HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Notices

4/21 Injuries revealed

Old
04-21-2012, 09:32 PM
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go

vCash: 500
4/21 Injuries revealed

Real_ESPNLeBrun 7:27pm via Twitter for BlackBerry® Logan Couture says he aggravated an old shoulder injury when Clifford hit him from behind second-last game of reg season. Played through it

More as/if I hear them.

Mod note: If you want to gripe about a player's performance for a reason other than injury this is not the thread. And just a reminder that inside knowledge or "rumors" of injuries are not allowed to be posted (without being vetted as an insider).

Last edited by LadyStanley: 04-21-2012 at 09:46 PM.
LadyStanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2012, 09:45 PM
Spacemania
Murray says: Rawr!

Send a message via MSN to Spacemania
it must have been a bad injury, but given how everyone and their dog was beating his ass up all season long, its no suprise he was hurt

Spacemania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2012, 09:51 PM
Squeeven

Couture's injury fine. But what about the rest? Just call this the excuse thread...

Squeeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2012, 10:13 PM
BigDmitriy

Send a message via AIM to BigDmitriy Send a message via MSN to BigDmitriy Send a message via Yahoo to BigDmitriy
You could see Couture's shot was off...also, I'm pretty sure Pavs had a significant injury

BigDmitriy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2012, 10:26 PM
joseph_kerr

Wouldn't be surprised to find out Pavs was playing hurt for a while, his shot has looked pretty weak in traffic for what seems like half the season.

joseph_kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2012, 10:32 PM
SJGoalie32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacemania View Post
it must have been a bad injury, but given how everyone and their dog was beating his ass up all season long, its no suprise he was hurt
Yeah, not surprised either....everyone was taking runs at him and nobody stood up to protect or defend him at all.

Have to believe Douglas Murray is injured, too. Given all the abuse that he's taken--shot off the wrist that left him out a few games, leg injury that sidelined him a few games, and fractured adam's apple on a puck to the throat......

First series I've ever seen Murray get hit where he took it worse than the player hitting him. Can't believe all those accumulated injuries up and down his body (particularly the shot to his throat which must've left him tentative to mix it up) didn't have some kind of meaningful negative effect.

SJGoalie32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2012, 10:33 PM
JeremyTB

All players who have played 82 games this season or very close to it had to be dealing with some injury. Especially the top players who get over 20 minutes of icetime night in and night out being hacked and abused.

JeremyTB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2012, 10:41 PM
Spacemania

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJGoalie32 View Post
Yeah, not surprised either....everyone was taking runs at him and nobody stood up to protect or defend him at all.

Have to believe Douglas Murray is injured, too. Given all the abuse that he's taken--shot off the wrist that left him out a few games, leg injury that sidelined him a few games, and fractured adam's apple on a puck to the throat......

First series I've ever seen Murray get hit where he took it worse than the player hitting him. Can't believe all those accumulated injuries up and down his body (particularly the shot to his throat which must've left him tentative to mix it up) didn't have some kind of meaningful negative effect.
yeah, I thin Murray was a lot more beat up than he'll even let on in the injury report.

Old
04-21-2012, 10:46 PM
SJGoalie32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacemania View Post
yeah, I thin Murray was a lot more beat up than he'll even let on in the injury report.
+1

Seriously.....I'M still traumatized.

"Fractured Adam's Apple"............I still personally get nasty chills just thinking about it.

SJGoalie32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2012, 10:48 PM
Spacemania

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJGoalie32 View Post
+1

Seriously.....I'M still traumatized.

"Fractured Adam's Apple"............I still personally get nasty chills just thinking about it.
And he deserves props for playing with that. I imagine the simple act of BREATHING was painful for him

Old
04-21-2012, 10:53 PM
Sharksfan83

vCash: 50
Couture needs to muscle up a little bit, add a few pounds in the long off season.

Sharksfan83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2012, 10:56 PM
Phu

Everyone calling this the excuse thread, get real. Injuries can be and are big problems for players and teams. The less injured team has a big advantage.

Phu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2012, 10:59 PM
Fistfullofbeer
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharksfan83 View Post
Couture needs to muscle up a little bit, add a few pounds in the long off season.
This. I said that earlier too.

Plus a lot of times he gets hit and rouged up we yell and scream at Clowe for not doing anything. Sometimes you just have to fight your own battles. Get a little physical.

Couture needs to muscle up and add a little power to his game too. I really hope he can do this and become a legitimate #1C for us one day.

04-21-2012, 11:07 PM
magic school bus

vCash: 1965
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharksfan83 View Post
Yeah, it had to be overall soreness or something more. He skating was a lot worse at the end of the season. I guess the bad shoulder explains how weak he was on the puck towards the end.

magic school bus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2012, 11:15 PM
wtfisthis

Quote:
Originally Posted by juantimer View Post
Everyone calling this the excuse thread, get real. Injuries can be and are big problems for players and teams. The less injured team has a big advantage.
You are the one that needs to get real. Nobody is saying injuries arent a big deal but every team has injuried players. You trying to say the Sharks havent won a cup yet because of injuries? So what, now you're moving from blaming bad luck to blaming injuries? Whats next? Personal problems at home? Players not getting paid enough? Equipment guy sabotaging their equipment? Trainer not training them?

wtfisthis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2012, 11:19 PM
Phu

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtfisthis View Post
You are the one that needs to get real. Every team has injuries.
Of course, all teams are injured equally and no team has any advantage over any other! *********. Injuries are ALWAYS part of the equation when teams go up against each other. If one has more significant injury issues than the other, it is a disadvantage. It's honestly ridiculous to even try to suggest otherwise.

I do in fact think injuries contributed majorly to the Sharks' playoff failures in the past. The west is ****ing brutal, particularly the Pacific.

I mean just the other day we got confirmation that Torres taking Michalek's head off lost the series for the Sharks. Vancouver lost the Cup last year when Hamhuis went down. Happens ALL the time.

Old
04-21-2012, 11:32 PM
SJSharks93

Even though the whole "Other teams go through it" is true, sometimes the injury does have a huge impact.

JT's shoulder against Van. **** you Torres

SJSharks93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2012, 11:36 PM
do0glas

Honestly, I think your opinion is all over the place. First you attribute it all to luck, and now you have something else to latch onto and here we are.

Not saying you are wrong, but you assume the other team was healthy. Torres running our guy is different than coming in with an aggravated this or that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by juantimer View Post
Of course, all teams are injured equally and no team has any advantage over any other! *********. Injuries are ALWAYS part of the equation when teams go up against each other. If one has more significant injury issues than the other, it is a disadvantage. It's honestly ridiculous to even try to suggest otherwise.

I do in fact think injuries contributed majorly to the Sharks' playoff failures in the past. The west is ****ing brutal, particularly the Pacific.

I mean just the other day we got confirmation that Torres taking Michalek's head off lost the series for the Sharks. Vancouver lost the Cup last year when Hamhuis went down. Happens ALL the time.

do0glas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 12:03 AM
sjshark91

vCash: 2810
Excuses excuses. If you're hurt don't play.

sjshark91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 12:09 AM
Chubbs
Toasty

Everyone is hurt in the playoffs. Injuries might look like an excuse, but I for one would still like to know. It'll give us a good idea about who was hurt yet still able to contribute (like Thornton last year with his pinky and shoulder), or who was not playing hurt but still went invisible (Marleau last year).

Chubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 12:12 AM
Phu

Quote:
Originally Posted by do0glas View Post
Honestly, I think your opinion is all over the place. First you attribute it all to luck, and now you have something else to latch onto and here we are.

Not saying you are wrong, but you assume the other team was healthy. Torres running our guy is different than coming in with an aggravated this or that.
Luck was a major part. Given that we have next to no information on injuries, any claim regarding what I am saying about injuries this season is your own projection.

So your perception of my opinion is all over the place, my opinion is consistent. This year's poor results are mostly attributable to terrible luck. That doesn't mean we can't improve or did everything perfectly, but we deserved way better than we got.

Injuries do matter. A healthy Heatley, Clowe and eventually Thornton last year would have made a HUGE difference. That would be the equivalent of the Nucks having Henrik, Daniel and Raymond or Hansen playing badly injured. Anyone who doesn't think that would have made a difference in our series is delusional.

Old
04-22-2012, 12:13 AM
Kegsey
#joeMONEY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubbs View Post
Everyone is hurt in the playoffs. Injuries might look like an excuse, but I for one would still like to know. It'll give us a good idea about who was hurt yet still able to contribute (like Thornton last year with his pinky and shoulder), or who was not playing hurt but still went invisible (Marleau last year).
Exactly. Most of the time you can read the injury report and know exactly what they're talking about because we see how it has affected them. This isn't an excuse thread, its an education thread.

Kegsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 12:13 AM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjshark91 View Post
Excuses excuses. If you're hurt don't play.
and then people ***** and moan that so-and-so is a quitter for not gutting it out and playing hurt.

"Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent."

Sorry, I am not taking signature requests at this time.
The Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 12:20 AM
Mafoofoo
:facepalm:

Watch we find out Jumbo had the most injuries.

Mafoofoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 12:44 AM
do0glas

I think we were one of the least injured teams this season. Maybe we just didn't report any of it.

Terrible luck would have us out of the playoffs. I suppose you could say we had relatively bad luck, but it was obvious that some of our players just weren't getting it done this season, and our bottom six was a complete mess. But when it came down to it we won the games we needed to win and lived up to our 7 seed by bowing out easily to the better team. There are issues with our team, otherwise we could go into next year exactly the same, since we can't be that cursed. Luck plays a part, but there is good and bad and by your logic, we had just enough of both to make it into the post season.

do0glas is offline   Reply With Quote