HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

[WPG] Olli Jokinen [2 years, $4.5M cap hit]

Old
07-03-2012, 09:04 PM
Pockets16

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by supert View Post
I am an Oiler fan , never lived in Edmonton always lived in Calgary . How can anyone with a brain cheer for the Flames . In oil country on a cold night you can hear the Flames fans crying . Not bad enough to get good players , but not good enough to make the playoffs . I feel bad for Kipper cause once our team breaks out he going to have to wear shades. That red light flashing on so often can cause damage to ones eyes . Feaster is a joke . He could not manage a pee wee team , Probably try and sign a JR player after all older is better But i heard he did get a young player , some kid from high School in Quebec and he is the best player drafted . We have hockey schools , goalie schools . Looks like Feaster should open a GM school , because the rest of the gm,s missed the boat . How could we have past on the best player in this draft
Tambellini seems to manage a Peewee team pretty well...

Pockets16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 09:46 PM
vBurmi
Blue-Line Dekes

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy66 View Post
OH god are we are still taking jabs at Calgary? or are they taking jabs at us lol. Too lazy to read back 10 pages :p
From what I read most Calgary fans think this is a good signing. Only one is complaining repeatedly that Calgary would be criticized if they had made this signing and fails to see the difference in the teams situations regarding the ages of their respective core players and their current salary structures. He's entitled to his opinion, which most here clearly disagree with, but don't let one person repeating themselves trick you into thinking many people share their views.

Either way, this isn't about Calgary. It's about how the Jets took a step to improve their team; They likely needed to take on salary to meet the floor, whatever it ends up being, and they got a player who can be productive out of it and fits with their needs. At the very least Jokinen can provide second-line caliber scoring, is an upgrade on Antropov, and provides a stopgap until Burmistrov and/or Scheifele are ready to take on a top-6 role. Best case scenario he plays on the top-line, has great chemistry with Wheeler and puts up offensive numbers that surpass those of recently signed players with similar salaries.

vBurmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 11:58 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by supert View Post
I am an Oiler fan , never lived in Edmonton always lived in Calgary . How can anyone with a brain cheer for the Flames . In oil country on a cold night you can hear the Flames fans crying . Not bad enough to get good players , but not good enough to make the playoffs . I feel bad for Kipper cause once our team breaks out he going to have to wear shades. That red light flashing on so often can cause damage to ones eyes . Feaster is a joke . He could not manage a pee wee team , Probably try and sign a JR player after all older is better But i heard he did get a young player , some kid from high School in Quebec and he is the best player drafted . We have hockey schools , goalie schools . Looks like Feaster should open a GM school , because the rest of the gm,s missed the boat . How could we have past on the best player in this draft
Yes only the best teams get first overall picks

TheHudlinator is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 01:06 AM
EpochLink
Canucks and Jets fan

vCash: 500
I like this signing for the Jets, Jokinen in that top six will be great..plus I feel he's more suited for the Eastern Conference with his shoot first, pass second mentality..

..and when did this thread start turning out to be a Calgary vs Winnipeg bash fest?

EpochLink is offline   Reply With Quote